Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George new deal? 18:50 - May 21 with 5561 viewsColDale

Has extended his contract with the club acc to the Colin Garlick interview unless I've misinterpreted it. Anyone else heard it and thought the same?
George new deal? on 19:13 - May 21 with 3671 viewsolympicdale

good news if true, every team needs a Georgie, just hope he wont be relied upon to score goals..

Life is a game of fate.

George new deal? on 19:19 - May 21 with 3640 views442Dale

George new deal? on 19:13 - May 21 by olympicdale

good news if true, every team needs a Georgie, just hope he wont be relied upon to score goals..

Every team?

At least, if true, it guarantees a Donnelly thread on here after every game he plays.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

George new deal? on 19:19 - May 21 with 3640 viewsroccydaleian

Sounds that way Col.
George new deal? on 19:19 - May 21 with 3640 viewsD_Alien

I'd be happy to see George have another year at Dale. If he can cause confusion amongst L2 defenders, he might cause even more in L1! His energy in 15/20 minute cameos could be productive for us.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

George new deal? on 19:41 - May 21 with 3550 viewschuckleberry

To do what? Make the tea? Clean the boots?
George new deal? on 19:48 - May 21 with 3522 viewsTVOS1907

George new deal? on 19:41 - May 21 by chuckleberry

To do what? Make the tea? Clean the boots?

I thought every team needed a John Ryan.

My bad.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

George new deal? on 19:49 - May 21 with 3517 viewsDaleaholic

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here in a long time.

He's supposed to be a striker FFS!!! I'm sure every team needs a headless chicken.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

George new deal? on 19:52 - May 21 with 3494 viewsD_Alien

George new deal? on 19:19 - May 21 by 442Dale

Every team?

At least, if true, it guarantees a Donnelly thread on here after every game he plays.

And for that alone, he's worth another year!

Login to get fewer ads

George new deal? on 19:55 - May 21 with 3478 viewsDickydaler

I hope that's true. Like Olympicdale was implying , 'every team needs a George Donnelly'.
[Post edited 21 May 2014 19:57]
George new deal? on 19:57 - May 21 with 3461 viewsisitme

Having just listened to the interview I understand (although I could be wrong) that if George met certain criteria last season he would automatically earn an extension to his contract. As he played in most of our games he met an 'appearance criteria' and Colin stated that George has accepted his contract extension. He could have rejected the extension and become a free agent, but he hasn't. This differs from the Bennett, Hery and Rafferty scenario where it is up to the club to decide if they want to invoke the extension to their contracts.

The contract part of the interview was very interesting, especially as Colin intimated that negotiations were taking place with members of the squad to extend their contracts.
[Post edited 21 May 2014 20:00]
George new deal? on 20:03 - May 21 with 3414 viewsmacro

Basically the club didn't want George but he triggered the clause and George is staying.
George new deal? on 20:04 - May 21 with 3397 viewsisitme

I got that feeling as well. I wouldn't not be surprised if he ends up out on loan if he is well down the pecking order.
George new deal? on 20:06 - May 21 with 3383 viewsnordenblue

George new deal? on 20:03 - May 21 by macro

Basically the club didn't want George but he triggered the clause and George is staying.

Not quite,im sure if Hilly didnt want him he'd be gone just like many others
George new deal? on 20:14 - May 21 with 3347 viewsD_Alien

George new deal? on 20:03 - May 21 by macro

[Post edited 21 May 2014 20:14]

George new deal? on 20:23 - May 21 with 3298 views442Dale

George new deal? on 19:57 - May 21 by isitme

Having just listened to the interview I understand (although I could be wrong) that if George met certain criteria last season he would automatically earn an extension to his contract. As he played in most of our games he met an 'appearance criteria' and Colin stated that George has accepted his contract extension. He could have rejected the extension and become a free agent, but he hasn't. This differs from the Bennett, Hery and Rafferty scenario where it is up to the club to decide if they want to invoke the extension to their contracts.

The contract part of the interview was very interesting, especially as Colin intimated that negotiations were taking place with members of the squad to extend their contracts.

If he's accepted it, why hasn't it been reported like the others so far? Not signed it yet maybe? Strange it's come out in an interview if so. Not heard it myself, just going off what has been posted so anyone can feel free to clarify.

George new deal? on 20:24 - May 21 with 3291 viewsdingdangblue

George new deal? on 19:57 - May 21 by isitme

I'm sure Hogan will be one of the ones in negotiations. Signing from Hyde he can't be one of the top earners at the club so needs to be rewarded with a better deal. Will also be in our favour when clubs come to buy him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

George new deal? on 20:30 - May 21 with 3266 viewsisitme

George new deal? on 20:24 - May 21 by dingdangblue

I'm sure Hogan will be one of the ones in negotiations. Signing from Hyde he can't be one of the top earners at the club so needs to be rewarded with a better deal. Will also be in our favour when clubs come to buy him.

I'm sure a two year extension with a suitable pay rise coupled with a £1.5 million release fee would be a fair offer.
George new deal? on 21:32 - May 21 with 3074 viewsolympicdale

George new deal? on 19:49 - May 21 by Daleaholic

Probably one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on here in a long time.

He's supposed to be a striker FFS!!! I'm sure every team needs a headless chicken.

I was merely saying that most teams can profit from having someone of Georgies workrate, and that he could be valuable to come off the bench when defenders legs are tiring, no where near the first 11 though, but a handy squad player.

Life is a game of fate.

George new deal? on 21:53 - May 21 with 3011 viewsYadHoDale

Precedents.

09/10 Gary Jones was out of the team injured, and Marcus Holness was at Barrow on loan, during the post-Christmas period when we gained many of the points needed for promotion.

10/11 Jonah and Bob were two regulars in the team which finished 9th in L1.

Whilst George has been in and out of the starting XI this season, who's to say he won't kick on in L1 in the same way?

Or Ashley Eastham become first choice CB, for that matter...
George new deal? on 22:25 - May 21 with 2888 views442Dale

George new deal? on 21:53 - May 21 by YadHoDale

Precedents.

09/10 Gary Jones was out of the team injured, and Marcus Holness was at Barrow on loan, during the post-Christmas period when we gained many of the points needed for promotion.

10/11 Jonah and Bob were two regulars in the team which finished 9th in L1.

Whilst George has been in and out of the starting XI this season, who's to say he won't kick on in L1 in the same way?

Or Ashley Eastham become first choice CB, for that matter...

Eastham has shown enough to illustrate he could push on to be a solid centre half.

Holness had shown enough in his first season to illustrate he was a decent defender who could improve further given a regular run in the side

Jones was always capable of responding to a challenge and illustrated this by becoming crucial to the team at various points throughout his career.

Donnelly hasn't improved enough in the last two seasons to indicate or illustrate anything other than he will be an ok bit part player against either 1) cumbersome centre halves (Pompey) or 2) late in games when his energy often negates any of his other shortcomings.

George new deal? on 22:36 - May 21 with 2844 viewszxcvbnm

Disappointed that George is staying, he's just not got a good enough touch to beat league 2 defenders, so most of the league 1 defenders should ensure Donnelly scores even fewer next season

Poll: Best loanee keeper

George new deal? on 22:54 - May 21 with 2790 viewsSwissdale

It sounds awful, but I really hope he hasn't chosen to stay at the club. His wage can surely be better spent elsewhere.

I think it's a popular misconception that George is a hard working player, he put some serious timber on in the second half of the season and definitely wasn't as mobile as he used to be.

He is without a doubt the most panicked player I've ever seen, scuffs the ball by trying to hit it too hard, and is rarely aware of what is going on around him when on the ball.
George new deal? on 23:07 - May 21 with 2769 viewssandylaner1

George new deal? on 23:19 - May 21 with 2739 viewsYorkshire_Dale

George new deal? on 21:32 - May 21 by olympicdale

I was merely saying that most teams can profit from having someone of Georgies workrate, and that he could be valuable to come off the bench when defenders legs are tiring, no where near the first 11 though, but a handy squad player.

....in other words,a luxury we cannot really afford?

There can be no room for passengers in L1 with our pittance budget.......I think like many others,we can do better.
George new deal? on 00:27 - May 22 with 2629 viewsRotherhamDale

He'll get all my support but he's poo.

Possession with progression.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024