Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 08:39 - Jun 8 with 4212 viewsJimmyRustler

Nice little bit on Lambert that also mentions the figure we get from his sale to be around the 100k mark.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/480912/Small-clubs-bank-on-Rickie-Lamber
Lambert on 10:08 - Jun 8 with 4090 viewselectricblue

Lambert is a player youngsters should be looking upto and not the likes of rooney....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Lambert on 10:53 - Jun 8 with 4032 viewsDale_Pea

Lambert on 10:08 - Jun 8 by electricblue

Lambert is a player youngsters should be looking upto and not the likes of rooney....

Why should youngsters not look up to Wayne Rooney? He burst through the academy at Everton, moved to the biggest club in the land, and has continued to win trophies alongside his growing amount of caps for his country. He married his teenage sweetheart, had a kid, and now people are even touting him as a possible future England and Manchester United captain.

Let's not be blinded by our dislike for him (I don't rate him particularly highly as a footballer). The lad's done well.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Lambert on 11:11 - Jun 8 with 4008 viewsSuddenLad

Lambert on 10:53 - Jun 8 by Dale_Pea

Why should youngsters not look up to Wayne Rooney? He burst through the academy at Everton, moved to the biggest club in the land, and has continued to win trophies alongside his growing amount of caps for his country. He married his teenage sweetheart, had a kid, and now people are even touting him as a possible future England and Manchester United captain.

Let's not be blinded by our dislike for him (I don't rate him particularly highly as a footballer). The lad's done well.

I think Rooney's widely publicised association with elderly prostitutes might have affected the decision of some in considering whether he was a good role model.

Ricky Lambert on the other hand...................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lambert on 11:16 - Jun 8 with 3995 viewsDale_Pea

Lambert on 11:11 - Jun 8 by SuddenLad

I think Rooney's widely publicised association with elderly prostitutes might have affected the decision of some in considering whether he was a good role model.

Ricky Lambert on the other hand...................

Seems a shame to me that we'd victimise one of the country's best talents because of an incident a few years ago. Anyone who knows me will know sticking up for Rooney isn't something I particularly enjoy, but I do think he's unfairly labelled sometimes.

Lambert on 11:43 - Jun 8 with 3952 viewsSuddenLad

Lambert on 11:16 - Jun 8 by Dale_Pea

Seems a shame to me that we'd victimise one of the country's best talents because of an incident a few years ago. Anyone who knows me will know sticking up for Rooney isn't something I particularly enjoy, but I do think he's unfairly labelled sometimes.

How is he 'unfairly labelled' ? He's not as good as he once seemed to be. That's abvious to everyone who watches him.

Nobody is 'victimising' Rooney at all. People will simply react to his behaviour (on and off the field) and decide for themselves whether he is a suitable person 'to look up to'.

Rooney had a meteoric rise in the football world. From being a 16 year old scoring a wonder goal against David Seaman at Goodison Park he found himself on the world stage in a very short space of time.

As for his position in the England team, I largely agree with others. Unless there is a massive change in his form over the next 5 weeks, he would appear to have already peaked (as Paul Scholes said - and he should know).

He has occasionally scored some great individual goals in the PL, but the 'hype' that accompanies him is ridiculous. There are fresher, younger, quicker and more able players in the England front line and Rooney is by no means indispensable.

I'd rather Rooney was absent from the starting line up than some of the others.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lambert on 12:05 - Jun 8 with 3910 viewsDale_Pea

Lambert on 11:43 - Jun 8 by SuddenLad

How is he 'unfairly labelled' ? He's not as good as he once seemed to be. That's abvious to everyone who watches him.

Nobody is 'victimising' Rooney at all. People will simply react to his behaviour (on and off the field) and decide for themselves whether he is a suitable person 'to look up to'.

Rooney had a meteoric rise in the football world. From being a 16 year old scoring a wonder goal against David Seaman at Goodison Park he found himself on the world stage in a very short space of time.

As for his position in the England team, I largely agree with others. Unless there is a massive change in his form over the next 5 weeks, he would appear to have already peaked (as Paul Scholes said - and he should know).

He has occasionally scored some great individual goals in the PL, but the 'hype' that accompanies him is ridiculous. There are fresher, younger, quicker and more able players in the England front line and Rooney is by no means indispensable.

I'd rather Rooney was absent from the starting line up than some of the others.

I only responded on this thread because I found it odd his name was immediately brought up as someone youngsters shouldn't look up to, but I agree on most of your points.

For the record, I want Rooney to be on the bench against Italy.

Lambert on 18:58 - Jun 8 with 3574 viewsfrenzied

Rooney will always be the not quite world class forward for me,this tournament will be his last chance to shine globally..Fergie would have shown him the door last season but Moyes pandered to him gave him a fat wage rise and will come out in the wash will be that this course of action resulted in the team spirit at Old Trafford and any respect for Moyes' decision making plummet.

ps ..did any one else think that one of the blokes in winning Britains Got Talent group looked like Michael Carrick?
Lambert on 21:05 - Jun 8 with 3481 viewsnordenblue

Lambert on 11:16 - Jun 8 by Dale_Pea

One of the countries best talents based on what exactly?Maybe his potential at 18 was something special but for 200k a week id want a touch more every week if I supported United!He is average at best and many times runs around out of position like a headless chicken looking busy
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 00:35 - Jun 9 with 3363 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert on 21:05 - Jun 8 by nordenblue

One of the countries best talents based on what exactly?Maybe his potential at 18 was something special but for 200k a week id want a touch more every week if I supported United!He is average at best and many times runs around out of position like a headless chicken looking busy

Erm, 39 goals for his country and most goals by any player in qualifying tournaments?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lambert on 05:18 - Jun 9 with 3326 viewsnordenblue

Lambert on 00:35 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

Erm, 39 goals for his country and most goals by any player in qualifying tournaments?

Its great quoting stats but I seem to remember Crouch having one of the best strike records in an England shirt,would we all agree hes the best striker?
If we are are going off form for the season Rooney shouldn't be anywhere near the first team,its all well and good banging in a few goals against poor opposition but hes scored something like 1 tap in during his last 6 games,hardly stuff to get excited about.
Lambert on 08:45 - Jun 9 with 3251 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert on 05:18 - Jun 9 by nordenblue

Its great quoting stats but I seem to remember Crouch having one of the best strike records in an England shirt,would we all agree hes the best striker?
If we are are going off form for the season Rooney shouldn't be anywhere near the first team,its all well and good banging in a few goals against poor opposition but hes scored something like 1 tap in during his last 6 games,hardly stuff to get excited about.

And when everyone was crapping themselves that we wouldn't even qualify? Who scored the goals in those final 2 games? I don't understand this obsession with knocking Rooney? He's a great player, a big game player, he's been injured for the last 2 months of the season so saying he's got 1 goal in 6 friendlies - so what? He's been trying to get match fitness.He did it when it mattered. Scott Hogan didn't score for Dale against York,Mansfield and Southend - he's rubbish.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Lambert on 08:59 - Jun 9 with 3226 viewsScunnydale

And who, in international tournaments, has scored just one goal since 21st June 2004?
Lambert on 09:22 - Jun 9 with 3202 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert on 08:59 - Jun 9 by Scunnydale

And who, in international tournaments, has scored just one goal since 21st June 2004?

Lionel Messi?

Lambert on 09:35 - Jun 9 with 3177 viewsScunnydale

Lambert on 09:22 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

Lionel Messi?

Nah, he scored twice in the 2007 Copa America. ;)
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 9:38]
Lambert on 09:36 - Jun 9 with 3177 viewsR17ALE

Lambert on 08:45 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

And when everyone was crapping themselves that we wouldn't even qualify? Who scored the goals in those final 2 games? I don't understand this obsession with knocking Rooney? He's a great player, a big game player, he's been injured for the last 2 months of the season so saying he's got 1 goal in 6 friendlies - so what? He's been trying to get match fitness.He did it when it mattered. Scott Hogan didn't score for Dale against York,Mansfield and Southend - he's rubbish.

And, if in ten years, time Hogan is knocking in 12 goals in League Two over the course of a season, then his career will mirror Rooneys.

I think you're missing the point people are making by plucking random stats out of thin air.

And your big game label is laughable for a player who has yet to score a goal at a World Cup tournament.

Big game player = Lineker for example. Not Rooney!
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 9:37]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Lambert on 09:46 - Jun 9 with 3150 viewsMass_Debater

Lambert on 09:36 - Jun 9 by R17ALE

And, if in ten years, time Hogan is knocking in 12 goals in League Two over the course of a season, then his career will mirror Rooneys.

I think you're missing the point people are making by plucking random stats out of thin air.

And your big game label is laughable for a player who has yet to score a goal at a World Cup tournament.

Yeah, like Donnelly's passes v Cheltenham justify him staying at the club.
Lambert on 10:05 - Jun 9 with 3113 viewsnordenblue

Lambert on 08:45 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

Remind us all how he did in the "big games" for his club last season,running around clattering everyone out of position for 200k a week doesnt constitute a good player,how did he do in his last 2 tournaments in the "big games" for England?His former team mate and fellow England pro who genuinely was a "big game player" Scholes was spot on in his summary of Rooney.Funny you mention Hogan as im sure he tweeted "seen buiders in better shape than Rooney" after his latest "displays" if memory serves me right.He is average at best and dont believe everything the press hype players up to be either
Lambert on 10:11 - Jun 9 with 3104 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert on 09:36 - Jun 9 by R17ALE

Random stats? Why are they random? I think you are missing the point. Rooneys come back from an injury and has got 1 goal in 6 'friendlies' ( I didn't bring that up). Hogan came back from injury and didn't score - that was the comparison. The big game bit - well we will have to see this tournament won't we but its more for Utd in the last 10 years winning leagues and cups and being their top scorer most of it. Lineker was my hero growing up so I know what a fantastic player he was.

Lambert on 10:58 - Jun 9 with 3048 viewsR17ALE

Lambert on 10:11 - Jun 9 by dingdangblue

Random stats? Why are they random? I think you are missing the point. Rooneys come back from an injury and has got 1 goal in 6 'friendlies' ( I didn't bring that up). Hogan came back from injury and didn't score - that was the comparison. The big game bit - well we will have to see this tournament won't we but its more for Utd in the last 10 years winning leagues and cups and being their top scorer most of it. Lineker was my hero growing up so I know what a fantastic player he was.

They're random because they mean nothing. EG: for every 10 posts I make only 3 make sense, therefore I must be a halfwit. It's that randomness which muddies the opinion you're trying to convey.

I think you're trying to say Rooney is our best player, a superstar capable of being the difference in the big games. But your stats cloud your opinion, and people are pulling you up on it.

A United fan said to me t'other week that Rooney was in the top 5 players in the world. I laughed and told him Rooney was not in the top 5 players in Manchester.

The point is that in the last ten years Rooney has regressed into a good Premier League player, and hasn't flourished into the player you seem to think he has become.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Lambert on 11:26 - Jun 9 with 3017 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert on 10:58 - Jun 9 by R17ALE

They're random because they mean nothing. EG: for every 10 posts I make only 3 make sense, therefore I must be a halfwit. It's that randomness which muddies the opinion you're trying to convey.

I think you're trying to say Rooney is our best player, a superstar capable of being the difference in the big games. But your stats cloud your opinion, and people are pulling you up on it.

A United fan said to me t'other week that Rooney was in the top 5 players in the world. I laughed and told him Rooney was not in the top 5 players in Manchester.

The point is that in the last ten years Rooney has regressed into a good Premier League player, and hasn't flourished into the player you seem to think he has become.

To be honest I couldn't tell you who was our best player. We will find out who is up for this tournament come Saturday 11pm. Our 1st competitive game since September last year. Rooney deserves his chance though. He's carried us into tournaments with his qualifying goals so he deserves his chance to shine in a World Cup - it will probably be his last.

Lambert on 12:00 - Jun 9 with 2966 viewsD_Alien

Lambert on 10:58 - Jun 9 by R17ALE

Jeez, I wish as many as 3 in 10 of my posts made sense - the Edit button is my best friend on here!

I guess there's just a remote chance that Rooney will finally justify all the hype and turn his goalscoring record against teams who don't make it to the big tournaments into one against those teams who actually have.

On the evidence of our own eyes, he doesn't look capable of doing so. In the past, we had no other option than to play him, but now we have, in Sterling, Lallana and the Ox. Is he really a better option than any of these hungry young players who have pace, skill, an eye for goal?

Like the rest of the country, if he's picked against Italy I'll be hoping he proves me wrong and that when the ball is passed to him it doesn't bounce off him like a balloon. That'd be a start!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lambert on 13:53 - Jun 9 with 2857 views49thseason

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27753843

Interesting analyis by Pat Nevin on Rooney
Lambert on 15:33 - Jun 9 with 2750 viewsScunnydale

Lambert on 12:00 - Jun 9 by D_Alien

Jeez, I wish as many as 3 in 10 of my posts made sense - the Edit button is my best friend on here!

I guess there's just a remote chance that Rooney will finally justify all the hype and turn his goalscoring record against teams who don't make it to the big tournaments into one against those teams who actually have.

On the evidence of our own eyes, he doesn't look capable of doing so. In the past, we had no other option than to play him, but now we have, in Sterling, Lallana and the Ox. Is he really a better option than any of these hungry young players who have pace, skill, an eye for goal?

Like the rest of the country, if he's picked against Italy I'll be hoping he proves me wrong and that when the ball is passed to him it doesn't bounce off him like a balloon. That'd be a start!

True.

I'm probably Rooney's biggest detractor on here, but I really want him (and England) to do well. There's no doubt that he's played well and scored some great goals for Man Utd and England in qualifiers in the past, but he really hasn't kicked on to become the player he may have.

England are great at producing nearly-stars: Rooney, Gazza, Owen, Andy Sinton etc... ;) But we always fall short of producing true class. With Wilshere, Ox, Barkley and Sterling, we have a great chance of having some great attacking options in the following years.

Discounting his previous failure in tournaments, it's for this reason alone that Rooney needs to prove himself in Brazil. Despite not liking the guy, I hope he does. That's what loyal support is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024