Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How did they play for England? 15:44 - Jun 9 with 3416 viewsHayesender

John Fashanu

Poll: Shamima Beghum

How did they play for England? on 17:09 - Jun 9 with 1315 viewsDesertBoot

Neil Ruddock. Probably eaten his one England cap.

Wish I could be like David Watts

How did they play for England? on 17:16 - Jun 9 with 1302 viewspaulparker

How did they play for England? on 16:14 - Jun 9 by daveB

John Barnes was ok but agree Taylor did an incredible job turning that Italia 90 team into the worst England side I've ever seen. Andy Sinton at right back at the Euros, bloody clown that Taylor

Barnes was terrible for England bar a couple of performances, he only got back in because he was taylors boy
the potential you could have got out of that era was frighting

anyway others i never got was Hateley, neil webb (barker should have got that spot in italia 90 ) alvin martin, gary charles, gary mabbutt, andy Gray (remember him ?)
mike duxbury, stewart downing,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How did they play for England? on 18:10 - Jun 9 with 1251 viewssexton

Oh Bobby Zamora
How did they play for England? on 19:44 - Jun 9 with 1201 viewsFearless

John "Effing" Curtis
(Edit: did he get a full cap?)
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 19:46]
How did they play for England? on 20:06 - Jun 9 with 1170 viewskensalriser

In answer to nearly all the above; poorly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

How did they play for England? on 20:33 - Jun 9 with 1136 viewsTearsOfaClown

How did they play for England? on 16:57 - Jun 9 by rongould

S.W-P

how did you beat shotkneeshoop to this????

He must be ill or his local, The Stag with some roadkill in his poachers pocket.

SWP is the one that defies (defiles) logic.
How did they play for England? on 20:38 - Jun 9 with 1130 viewswood_hoop

The game is as corrupt in many ways as is FIFA, much more subtly of course and not maybe on such a grand and largesse scale.

Proffesional footballers, and that term is used very loosely for many of those that have been selected to represent this country, even today there are many that would not only break the Trade Descriptions Act but shatter it.

There are no qualfications needed at all to be offered a pro player contract, not even the ability to be reasonably healthy, medicals can be ignored by the clubs and judging by the amount of players we have signed that spend more time in the medical room than the pitch, it looks like it may have become compulsary to even get an interview with the management at our club unless you have a dodgy medical history.

Unlike many proffessions, those doing the selecting will give contracts to out & out criminals, not minor misdemeanors but jailable offences, all this bollox about being given a 'second chance' they have already had theirs as far as I am concerned, they now have 'coaching qualifications', if some that have managed to get theirs, then theres hope for anyone that runs the local Sunday league team.

You only have to look at some of the managers that have made a very very good living out of the game, these can even go onto being touted for International management, and then given half the chance will select ther' talentless favourites' to wear an England shirt, gave up a long time ago wondering why somebody who can barely kick a ball gets such an honour, those leading our sport had none, and no it ain't looked much better since even more money has completely destroyed what was the 'beautiful game'.
How did they play for England? on 20:55 - Jun 9 with 1107 viewsTearsOfaClown

How did they play for England? on 20:38 - Jun 9 by wood_hoop

The game is as corrupt in many ways as is FIFA, much more subtly of course and not maybe on such a grand and largesse scale.

Proffesional footballers, and that term is used very loosely for many of those that have been selected to represent this country, even today there are many that would not only break the Trade Descriptions Act but shatter it.

There are no qualfications needed at all to be offered a pro player contract, not even the ability to be reasonably healthy, medicals can be ignored by the clubs and judging by the amount of players we have signed that spend more time in the medical room than the pitch, it looks like it may have become compulsary to even get an interview with the management at our club unless you have a dodgy medical history.

Unlike many proffessions, those doing the selecting will give contracts to out & out criminals, not minor misdemeanors but jailable offences, all this bollox about being given a 'second chance' they have already had theirs as far as I am concerned, they now have 'coaching qualifications', if some that have managed to get theirs, then theres hope for anyone that runs the local Sunday league team.

You only have to look at some of the managers that have made a very very good living out of the game, these can even go onto being touted for International management, and then given half the chance will select ther' talentless favourites' to wear an England shirt, gave up a long time ago wondering why somebody who can barely kick a ball gets such an honour, those leading our sport had none, and no it ain't looked much better since even more money has completely destroyed what was the 'beautiful game'.

One of the best, most accurate posts on the modern game I have read.

This so called game smells of rotting fish.

Top post - thank you.
Login to get fewer ads

How did they play for England? on 21:23 - Jun 9 with 1077 viewsMrSheen

How did they play for England? on 20:38 - Jun 9 by wood_hoop

Luxemburgo of Brazil used to give out caps for kickbacks from agents who sold players to Europe on the strength of them. Hence Celtic's international defender Rafael Scheidt.

It couldn't have happened here, could it?

How did they play for England? on 21:28 - Jun 9 with 1066 viewsloftboy

Gary Bailey, made his debut the same day as lineker, basically South African and at the time they were ostracised, so chose England and only played because he was a man united player.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

How did they play for England? on 21:34 - Jun 9 with 1061 viewsdaveB

How did they play for England? on 17:16 - Jun 9 by paulparker

Barnes was terrible for England bar a couple of performances, he only got back in because he was taylors boy

anyway others i never got was Hateley, neil webb (barker should have got that spot in italia 90 ) alvin martin, gary charles, gary mabbutt, andy Gray (remember him ?)

Barnes was ok, he was always better at club football though. During that Taylor era his best days were behind him, just shows what a good job Venables did going from that shambles into a brilliant England team
How did they play for England? on 21:39 - Jun 9 with 1053 viewseghamranger

Brian Deane
How did they play for England? on 21:55 - Jun 9 with 1026 viewsHollowayRanger

david beckham

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

How did they play for England? on 22:32 - Jun 9 with 1001 viewsShotKneesHoop

How did they play for England? on 20:33 - Jun 9 by TearsOfaClown

how did you beat shotkneeshoop to this????

He must be ill or his local, The Stag with some roadkill in his poachers pocket.

SWP is the one that defies (defiles) logic.

No point in me nominating R'SWiPe for anything else but a quick walk off Brighton Pier.

I thought this post was about nominating some of the more obscure players for England, not the bleeding obvious.

SWP playing so many games for England fits in nicely with the "modern football is corrupt" thread that follows this one. Maybe Seph Blatter was involved in the selection process.

I had an A47 pheasant tonight, bloody massive, could only finish off half of it, it had a slight knock on the head, so it beats having to pick shot out of my teeth. Cooked to perfection, well done me.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

How did they play for England? on 22:39 - Jun 9 with 985 viewsTearsOfaClown

How did they play for England? on 22:32 - Jun 9 by ShotKneesHoop

No point in me nominating R'SWiPe for anything else but a quick walk off Brighton Pier.

I thought this post was about nominating some of the more obscure players for England, not the bleeding obvious.

SWP playing so many games for England fits in nicely with the "modern football is corrupt" thread that follows this one. Maybe Seph Blatter was involved in the selection process.

I had an A47 pheasant tonight, bloody massive, could only finish off half of it, it had a slight knock on the head, so it beats having to pick shot out of my teeth. Cooked to perfection, well done me.

Aha - got you . . . I thought you were quiet and roadkill may have been in your hands / belly.

what will happen when you discover Roadkill wine?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 22:40]
How did they play for England? on 22:42 - Jun 9 with 943 viewsCiderwithRsie

How did they play for England? on 17:16 - Jun 9 by paulparker

Christ, I'd erased Duxbury's England career from my memory. Classic case of a player selected because he played for Manchester United.

Has anyone mentioned Lee Dixon?
How did they play for England? on 22:47 - Jun 9 with 932 viewsizlingtonhoop

How did they play for England? on 22:42 - Jun 9 by CiderwithRsie

Christ, I'd erased Duxbury's England career from my memory. Classic case of a player selected because he played for Manchester United.

Has anyone mentioned Lee Dixon?

A tradition that Welbeck is proudly upholding.
Thank fuff the line was drawn at Cleverly..
How did they play for England? on 22:49 - Jun 9 with 932 viewsqprrob59

How did they play for England? on 22:39 - Jun 9 by TearsOfaClown

Aha - got you . . . I thought you were quiet and roadkill may have been in your hands / belly.

Had to join this thread,mine is Luther Blisset,trained with him at watford in my teens,watched him play and to this day is the only person i know who could dribble a ball with his shins !!!! xxxxing useless and got capped by England,oh how low we have sunk down the years and they still think hes a legend at watford.Graham Taylor the man who single handedly set English football back years and we've never recovered.
How did they play for England? on 23:14 - Jun 9 with 909 viewsCamberleyR

Kevin Davies
Gavin McCann
Brian Marwood
Seth Johnson
Mike Duxbury
Mike Phelan
Paul Konchesky
Sammy Lee
Danny Mills
Leon Osman
Nicky Shorey
Alan Thompson
Stuart Ripley
Luther Blissett
Tom Cleverley
Keith Curle

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

How did they play for England? on 06:40 - Jun 10 with 854 viewsDWQPR

There has been so much sh1te that has been picked or England in the last twenty years by managers 'experimenting' that an England cap is pretty much worthless now. I mean Seth Johnson anybody? Some bloke called Nick Pickering? Yet players like Phil Parkes and Paul Goddard also got one cap and yet today would be regular starters.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

How did they play for England? on 07:38 - Jun 10 with 819 viewskingsburyR

How did they play for England? on 16:16 - Jun 9 by Tonto

Andy Sinton at right back, when he was a left winger... no fault of the player mind...

and for the risk of being shot, I thought Hesky was very under estimated. Did a lot of the hard work, without the recognition, but too many poeple omnly equate being a forward with scoring goals. He set up and contributed to many of Owen's goals...

l go with you on that Tonto.

Heskey got/gets a lot of undeserved stick.

Ask most of the England players that played with Heskey and you will get nothing but praise.

He did the leg work for Shearer, Owen etc which obviously didn't get headlines.

62 caps says he wasn't that bad!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

How did they play for England? on 07:51 - Jun 10 with 806 viewsShotKneesHoop

How did they play for England? on 22:39 - Jun 9 by TearsOfaClown

Don't need road kill wine when The Stag has Barn Ale, Worth The Wait, Little Sharpie, Summer Delight, On The Huh, all available at £2.90 a pint.

A few pints of them and I forget just how shyte SWP was / is / will be.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024