Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand 17:27 - Jul 17 with 10797 viewssdm1508

Just tweeted that the medical has gone fine and on his way to Loftus Road to sign the contract
Rio Ferdinand on 17:29 - Jul 17 with 5088 viewsQPR442

How did you beat me to this news?

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 · 3m
Thumbs up re medical now on to the the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road.... #QPR
Rio Ferdinand on 17:31 - Jul 17 with 5063 viewssimmo

Just before tweeting about his '5MAG'.

I bet he can't wait for a whole new club and fanbase to sell his caps and magazine subscriptions.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rio Ferdinand on 17:32 - Jul 17 with 5059 viewsTheBlob

Rio Ferdinand on 17:29 - Jul 17 by QPR442

How did you beat me to this news?

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 · 3m
Thumbs up re medical now on to the the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road.... #QPR

The pen's five hundred grand extra.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio Ferdinand on 17:35 - Jul 17 with 5022 viewssdm1508

On the whole, haven't got a problem with this if it is a one year deal. Played in the prem, former captain of a club like Man U. Brings a wealth of experience and hopefully a good professional mentality. Hopefully will help us close out vital games next season.
Rio Ferdinand on 17:45 - Jul 17 with 4919 viewsQPR442

Anton Ferdinandï‚™Verified account
‏@anton_ferdinand “@rioferdy5: Thumbs up re medical now on to the the exciting part #Signature EnRoute to Loftus Road..#QPR”<love that bro great fans and lads
Rio Ferdinand on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 4823 viewsQPRMUSO

I think Rio will be a success at Rangers and look forward to seeing a much tighter defence than the last time we were in the prem.
Rio Ferdinand on 18:00 - Jul 17 with 4818 viewsNov77

The mail are claiming we're paying him £70k a week, if it's anything near that we've learnt nothing.
What other club would do a deal like that for a near 36 year old?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Rio Ferdinand on 18:02 - Jul 17 with 4804 viewsBklynRanger

Get the ramp up, Phil

Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on 18:02 - Jul 17 with 4803 viewssimmo

Rio Ferdinand on 18:00 - Jul 17 by Nov77

The mail are claiming we're paying him £70k a week, if it's anything near that we've learnt nothing.

The Mail are talking utter shit. Pure guesswork from those cnts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rio Ferdinand on 18:05 - Jul 17 with 4779 viewsQPR_John

So you start by saying a paper has claimed something but assume it true in the second sentence
Rio Ferdinand on 18:09 - Jul 17 with 4746 viewsbarbicanranger

another one of the ferdinand family joining the qpr family, i like the association and wish rio all the best.
Rio Ferdinand on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 4743 viewsWadR

Pretty sure Dave McIntyre said on twitter or in an article recently that it was a basic wage of £35k with some more based on appearances etc.

Much more inclined to believe him.

Ferdinand could be ok. United fans I know don't think he's half the player he once was but think that he would certainly offer something in terms of organisation. It's not the direction I'd like to see Redknapp & co. go with transfers, but if it's a 1 off I can certainly see their rationale.

A CB partnership of him and Onuoha (or Caulker/Lascalles) doesn't actually sound too bad. I fear for us if Ferdinand ever plays with Dunne or Hill though.
Rio Ferdinand on 18:18 - Jul 17 with 4692 viewsNov77

Rio Ferdinand on 18:05 - Jul 17 by QPR_John

So you start by saying a paper has claimed something but assume it true in the second sentence

I didn't say it was true, I said if it was anywhere near that!

Christ, how do you misread a two sentence post?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Rio Ferdinand on 18:24 - Jul 17 with 4659 viewsQPR_John

Rio Ferdinand on 18:18 - Jul 17 by Nov77

I didn't say it was true, I said if it was anywhere near that!

Christ, how do you misread a two sentence post?

Then why add, if you do not think it true

"What other club would do a deal like that for a near 36 year old?"
Rio Ferdinand on 18:30 - Jul 17 with 4612 viewsDylanP

Rio Ferdinand on 18:24 - Jul 17 by QPR_John

Agreed. People always get so worked up by rumours from really unreliable sources. The last article I saw had the deal being 25-30K a week basic plus bonuses. That is much closer to what Dave Mc reported and a much more sensible arrangement. (It is still 1.5 million a year, so not exactly chump change.) Still, it always seems to me that people are just looking for an excuse to have a go at the club.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Rio Ferdinand on 18:32 - Jul 17 with 4595 viewsessextaxiboy

Rio Ferdinand on 18:24 - Jul 17 by QPR_John

Covering all bases.
Rio Ferdinand on 18:38 - Jul 17 with 4553 viewsWatford_Ranger

Complete vanity signing and simply not what we need. This team is crying out for pace, mobility, legs. The one thing we don't need is an experienced centre-half and certainly not one who looks shot and uninterested in playing for a club like ours
Rio Ferdinand on 19:08 - Jul 17 with 4390 viewsbeeeater

Rio Ferdinand on 18:38 - Jul 17 by Watford_Ranger

Complete vanity signing and simply not what we need. This team is crying out for pace, mobility, legs. The one thing we don't need is an experienced centre-half and certainly not one who looks shot and uninterested in playing for a club like ours

Don't make me laugh, whats wrong with you .

"uninterested in playing for a club like ours "

Have you spoke to him already , unbelievable some of our supporters. Just can't wait to have a moan
Rio Ferdinand on 19:16 - Jul 17 with 4333 viewsLoft1979

Rio Ferdinand on 19:08 - Jul 17 by beeeater

Don't make me laugh, whats wrong with you .

"uninterested in playing for a club like ours "

Have you spoke to him already , unbelievable some of our supporters. Just can't wait to have a moan

Welcome Rio.
Two of the best signings made the last two years were older center backs.
Hopefully we finish the job and put a team of class around him.
Rio Ferdinand on 19:26 - Jul 17 with 4264 viewsSomersetHoops

I am in favour of the Rio Ferdinand signing and welcome him to the club. From what I've heard he has been very honourable about his dealings with the club and irrespective of any other factors he has said from the start he would join QPR and hasn't gone round touting his services to any club that would want him and I think there are many.

If our medical is sufficiently stringent and he has passed it without issues, then there is no reason why he can't play an important part this season. Yes he is 35, but he has quality and integrity and I believe he will commit to the club in a way that some of our previous signings of this type did not. From what I've seen of him he only knows how to play by giving his best and I hope he enjoys doing that at QPR.

Who's Next?

Rio Ferdinand on 19:32 - Jul 17 with 4235 viewsandygg

Well I hope they really put him through his paces in the medical..
The last 2 years at Manure he didnt play much.
Rio Ferdinand on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 4007 views08olesen

I am fine with this, very different to the Park and Bosingwa signings IMO.

We now really need to add some grit to this team. That midfield needs pace and power sharpish. we need a Tiote, Fernandinho type player... someone who can put in some tackles, run and pass. The sad thing is we had one of them in Diakite and seem to be giving up with him.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Rio Ferdinand on 20:20 - Jul 17 with 3979 viewsMatch82

Rio Ferdinand on 19:26 - Jul 17 by SomersetHoops

I am in favour of the Rio Ferdinand signing and welcome him to the club. From what I've heard he has been very honourable about his dealings with the club and irrespective of any other factors he has said from the start he would join QPR and hasn't gone round touting his services to any club that would want him and I think there are many.

If our medical is sufficiently stringent and he has passed it without issues, then there is no reason why he can't play an important part this season. Yes he is 35, but he has quality and integrity and I believe he will commit to the club in a way that some of our previous signings of this type did not. From what I've seen of him he only knows how to play by giving his best and I hope he enjoys doing that at QPR.

I think this is a good point. We can at least appreciate that he has a desire to be here which is not solely money - particularly if the 25-30k figures are correct. While that's still a lot, I would say it's market value so is nice to see us not paying over the odds
Rio Ferdinand on 20:21 - Jul 17 with 3973 viewsJigsore

Rio Ferdinand on 20:17 - Jul 17 by 08olesen

I am fine with this, very different to the Park and Bosingwa signings IMO.

We now really need to add some grit to this team. That midfield needs pace and power sharpish. we need a Tiote, Fernandinho type player... someone who can put in some tackles, run and pass. The sad thing is we had one of them in Diakite and seem to be giving up with him.

to play Devil's advocate... wouldn't you say this signing is a carbon copy of Park minus the wages

Vastly experienced at the highest level, ex United, clearly not going to be starting very often and in a position we already have lots of bodies.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rio Ferdinand on 20:22 - Jul 17 with 3954 viewsBklynRanger

I'm fine with using this aging, semi-functional cheese to catch a young, exciting mouse. As long as we do catch the mouse.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024