Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best xi? 16:09 - Sep 3 with 4741 viewsdonny11

Green

Isla Rio Caluker Yun

Barton Fer Sadro

Kranjcar Hoillet
Ausitn
Best xi? on 16:13 - Sep 3 with 3642 viewsTheBlob

Green
Isla Ferdinand Caulker Hill
Sandro Fer Barton Traore
Vargas
Austin.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Best xi? on 16:21 - Sep 3 with 3618 viewsQPR_ARG

Green

Isla - Rio - Caulker - Yun

Barton - Sandro

Taarabt - Fer - Vargas

Austin

Those two (Adel and Edu) on the wings, would create so many chances for Charlie. Fer can organise play a bit in the middle and track back a bit to help Barton and Sandro defensively, depending on how the game is going.

I'd try Yun for a few matches, see how it goes. He's a natural left-back and I'm not convinced by Traore or playing Clint out of position and facing speed demons week-in, week-out (almost every Premier League team have very fast players on the wings).

Macca; Onuoha, Hill, Mutch, Hoilett, Phillips, Zamora. Not a terrible bench.
Best xi? on 16:23 - Sep 3 with 3611 viewshoof_hearted

Expected a list of former Miss Worlds that George knobbed.
Best xi? on 16:28 - Sep 3 with 3579 viewsDiscodroids

Best xi? on 16:23 - Sep 3 by hoof_hearted

Expected a list of former Miss Worlds that George knobbed.

can be the only reason niko is in that first eleven.

A Number One.

Best xi? on 16:30 - Sep 3 with 3575 viewssimmo

Best xi? on 16:21 - Sep 3 by QPR_ARG

Green

Barton - Sandro

Taarabt - Fer - Vargas

Austin

Those two (Adel and Edu) on the wings, would create so many chances for Charlie. Fer can organise play a bit in the middle and track back a bit to help Barton and Sandro defensively, depending on how the game is going.

I'd try Yun for a few matches, see how it goes. He's a natural left-back and I'm not convinced by Traore or playing Clint out of position and facing speed demons week-in, week-out (almost every Premier League team have very fast players on the wings).

Macca; Onuoha, Hill, Mutch, Hoilett, Phillips, Zamora. Not a terrible bench.

Switch Taarabt and Vargas and I will give you that. Away from home I would swap Taarabt for Phillips

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Best xi? on 16:39 - Sep 3 with 3550 viewsRANGERS4EVER

------------------------Green----------------------
Isla-----Ferdinand---Caulker-------YSY
----------Barton-----Fer----Sandro---------
----Vargas--------Austin--------Hoilett---

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Best xi? on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 3545 viewsQPR_ARG

Best xi? on 16:30 - Sep 3 by simmo

Switch Taarabt and Vargas and I will give you that. Away from home I would swap Taarabt for Phillips

You got it!

Another option for me? With a 4-2-2-2.

Green

Barton-Sandro

Mutch/Fer/Phillips (pick 1!) and Adel

Vargas - Austin

I guess, bottomline, Adel will always be on my starting XI. He started for AC Milan, why not for QPR. I will never understand.
Best xi? on 16:51 - Sep 3 with 3513 viewssimmo

Best xi? on 16:40 - Sep 3 by QPR_ARG

You got it!

Another option for me? With a 4-2-2-2.

Green

Barton-Sandro

Mutch/Fer/Phillips (pick 1!) and Adel

Vargas - Austin

I guess, bottomline, Adel will always be on my starting XI. He started for AC Milan, why not for QPR. I will never understand.

Whilst I agree about always starting Adel, that 4-2-3-1 formation works best when switching dependent on possession. When not in possession or holding a lead you need the 3 to tuck back making it essentially a 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 and that would be asking Taarabt to track his full back and do the doggies on the wing, something he's not particularly good at and a waste of his other talents. So whilst I like him in the formation when we are being pro active and attacking teams, when we are away from home and attempting to be a little more frugal with the attacks, it might suit us better to have Phillips and maybe Hoilett/Traore on the pitch to use their pace when countering and drop Taarabt to the bench to be used as an impact sub or put him in the middle with 2 restricted players behind him so he has less responsibility when we havent got the ball.

We could discuss these type of options all day long though, the choices we have in midfield are brilliant and easily our strongest area, the other 6 basically pick themselves.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Best xi? on 16:55 - Sep 3 with 3499 viewssdm1508

On talent Adel is very good but at the moment he doesn't come anywhere near a best eleven. His fitness is awful and everyone in this team must do their bit. We can't afford to be carrying anyone going into games. Until he is fit and show a different attitude, he has to start on the bench.
Best xi? on 16:58 - Sep 3 with 3489 viewsGloucs_R

Green

Barton - Sandro - Mutch

Fer - Vargas

Austin

Poll: Are we staying up?

Best xi? on 19:15 - Sep 3 with 3337 viewsTHEBUSH

Green
Isla Rio Caulker Yun
Sandro
Barton Fer Mutch
Vargas Austin
Best xi? on 19:19 - Sep 3 with 3326 viewsbosh67

Best xi? on 16:58 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

Green

Barton - Sandro - Mutch

Fer - Vargas

Austin

That is a pretty robust 11. Only caution is the lack of pace in the middle. But Barton, Mutch and Sandro in a row is kind of an iron dome in midfield.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Best xi? on 21:29 - Sep 3 with 3243 viewsEalingHoop81

Best xi? on 19:19 - Sep 3 by bosh67

That is a pretty robust 11. Only caution is the lack of pace in the middle. But Barton, Mutch and Sandro in a row is kind of an iron dome in midfield.

Lack of width though both defensively and attack wise. I expect we'll go with the following at home:
Green
Isla Caulker Rio. Yun
(2 of) Barton Sandro Mutch
Phillips Fer/Nico/Taarabt Hoilett
Austin/Vargas

Away from home:

Green
Isla. caulker. Rio. Yun

Barton Sandro Fer. Mutch Hoilett/Traore

Austin/Vargas

If played correctly at home we would have width, pace and guile through the middle which would create chances. Away Barton could play wider and give more cover to Isla and flood the midfield. Vargas with extra pace and mobilitymay also be a key asset providing out balls etc with Hoilett or Traore. Bit defensive but in the prem a point away is a very good result and that would e pretty solid and leaves us plenty of options off the bench.

Re Taarabt - he's a support striker or off the bench. A team needs to be more than the sum of it's collective parts. Adel's petulance and selfishness can undermine that. To that end he cannot have a free role, or be on the wing for me because it's all about him and he is does not won hard to defend. Bringing him off the bench to liven games up and provide a few moments of major would do me.
Best xi? on 21:58 - Sep 3 with 3204 viewsDylanP

Lets be honest and accept that Yun isn't going to start. I don't know why, but 'arry doesn't trust him yet.

Likewise, Niko isn't strarting either. He migght come on when we need something different going forward, but at this time, he is unlikely to start.

Green -- certain to start.

Isla Rio Caluker -- certain to be three of the back 4.
Left back is unclear. I would prefer Yun, but that doesn't seem to be 'arry's preference, so I assume it will be Hill (even though he explicitly said last season that he didn't have the legs for LB in the Prem)

Barton -- Certain to start
1 of Fer/Mutch/Sadro/Henry-- I am guessing the other defensive midfielder is Sadro.

There is nothing certain about the attacking portion of midfield.
2 of Fer/Adel/Hoilett/Phillip -- I am guessing it is Phillips and Hoilett, except that leaves out Fer and that would be crazy. however, with Fer, we are sorely lacking in width.

Vargas and Austin. We only have two strikers, so, somehow, it is going to be those two. 'arry might tuck Vargas in with a couple of the attacking midfielders to create more of a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 shape, leaving Austin alone up front, but not isolated, with Hoilett and Vargas both naturally pushing forard.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Best xi? on 22:14 - Sep 3 with 3182 viewsEalingHoop81

Best xi? on 21:58 - Sep 3 by DylanP

Lets be honest and accept that Yun isn't going to start. I don't know why, but 'arry doesn't trust him yet.

Likewise, Niko isn't strarting either. He migght come on when we need something different going forward, but at this time, he is unlikely to start.

Green -- certain to start.

Isla Rio Caluker -- certain to be three of the back 4.
Left back is unclear. I would prefer Yun, but that doesn't seem to be 'arry's preference, so I assume it will be Hill (even though he explicitly said last season that he didn't have the legs for LB in the Prem)

Barton -- Certain to start
1 of Fer/Mutch/Sadro/Henry-- I am guessing the other defensive midfielder is Sadro.

There is nothing certain about the attacking portion of midfield.
2 of Fer/Adel/Hoilett/Phillip -- I am guessing it is Phillips and Hoilett, except that leaves out Fer and that would be crazy. however, with Fer, we are sorely lacking in width.

Vargas and Austin. We only have two strikers, so, somehow, it is going to be those two. 'arry might tuck Vargas in with a couple of the attacking midfielders to create more of a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 shape, leaving Austin alone up front, but not isolated, with Hoilett and Vargas both naturally pushing forard.

I think Yun is injured at the moment
Best xi? on 23:57 - Sep 3 with 3092 viewsdaveB

until Adel gets fit he should be nowhere near the starting eleven
Best xi? on 00:32 - Sep 4 with 3072 viewsjamois

Best xi? on 23:57 - Sep 3 by daveB

until Adel gets fit he should be nowhere near the starting eleven

Dave I just have this sneaky feeling that Adel IS going to get fit and will hit form this season. Tony thinks so too: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/qpr/news/fernandes-tips-taarabt-for-special

If we assume this thread is on the basis of everyone fit then I like the look of QPR_ARG's team, 4-3-3 with Vargas and Adel supporting Austin, with Phillips backing up. I would like Barton not to be seen as a racing certainty, although he was excellent against Sunderland, but still I think him, Fer and Sandro, with Fer linking up n down, would be my first choice. Mutch is unlucky to miss out but gives fantastic options.

It will be very interesting to see how Vargas works out. Can he be a main striker, can he more penetrative on the wings than Hoillett or Phillips? It's definitely more exciting to discuss the potential of this lot than Karl Connelly, Chris Kiwomya and Stuart Wardley, that's for sure.....

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Best xi? on 00:57 - Sep 4 with 3061 viewsASimonBarkerVolley

Similar to what HR thinks, I think we should favor fielding the XI best players rather than to play a certain number combination. I think our strongest XI looks something like this assuming everyone is fit:

Green
Isla - Caulker - Rio - Yun
Sandro - JB
Mutch - Fer - Vargas
Chaz

Back 6 isn't much to talk about, maybe some of you would like to see Traore or Hill as a short term solution on the LB, but I think there should be no questions about who our man should be on this position going forward. Yun is 24, is more all round than Traore, has more potential and is worth the shot. However, LB is our weakest (most unproven) position no doubt.

Sandro and JB should link up nicely in midfield, and Sandro will do well sitting right in front of Rio/Caulker creating a strong defensive trio that will be a challenge for any PL team. JB is slightly more fluid to both track back and serve as a playmaker feeding balls into more attack minded Leroy Fer, Mutch, and Vargas.

The Fer selection should speak for itself following his Sunderland display. He's our 10.

Mutch and Vargas might be unorthodox selections on the flanks - some of you I'm sure would like to see Hoilet, Phillips, or Adel in one of these two spots, but what I've seen from Mutch so far tells me that he could do well from the right flank. Not as pacy as Matty (but not by much) but can run at defense with more power and doesn't have to go down the line. He's pace and energy will pushing the D line back to open up space for Chaz, Fer and Vargas to operate in the hole. I like Mutch's energy and I think he is powerful enough to cause a dual threat from the flank. Vargas is a gamble as we haven't seen him much yet, but from the left he can cut inside both as an inside forward and go deep. If Adel loses some qieght he could be a viable option on any flank, together with Hoilet and Matty as super subs.

Charlie Austin speaks for himself - he is our only striker. Zamora could obviously play as a target here as well, if - god forbid - Austin is ever out.
Best xi? on 07:07 - Sep 4 with 3003 viewsLoft1979

Best xi? on 16:58 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

Green

Barton - Sandro - Mutch

Fer - Vargas

Austin

That
Best xi? on 07:09 - Sep 4 with 3001 viewsLoft1979

Best xi? on 00:57 - Sep 4 by ASimonBarkerVolley

Similar to what HR thinks, I think we should favor fielding the XI best players rather than to play a certain number combination. I think our strongest XI looks something like this assuming everyone is fit:

Green
Isla - Caulker - Rio - Yun
Sandro - JB
Mutch - Fer - Vargas
Chaz

Back 6 isn't much to talk about, maybe some of you would like to see Traore or Hill as a short term solution on the LB, but I think there should be no questions about who our man should be on this position going forward. Yun is 24, is more all round than Traore, has more potential and is worth the shot. However, LB is our weakest (most unproven) position no doubt.

Sandro and JB should link up nicely in midfield, and Sandro will do well sitting right in front of Rio/Caulker creating a strong defensive trio that will be a challenge for any PL team. JB is slightly more fluid to both track back and serve as a playmaker feeding balls into more attack minded Leroy Fer, Mutch, and Vargas.

The Fer selection should speak for itself following his Sunderland display. He's our 10.

Mutch and Vargas might be unorthodox selections on the flanks - some of you I'm sure would like to see Hoilet, Phillips, or Adel in one of these two spots, but what I've seen from Mutch so far tells me that he could do well from the right flank. Not as pacy as Matty (but not by much) but can run at defense with more power and doesn't have to go down the line. He's pace and energy will pushing the D line back to open up space for Chaz, Fer and Vargas to operate in the hole. I like Mutch's energy and I think he is powerful enough to cause a dual threat from the flank. Vargas is a gamble as we haven't seen him much yet, but from the left he can cut inside both as an inside forward and go deep. If Adel loses some qieght he could be a viable option on any flank, together with Hoilet and Matty as super subs.

Charlie Austin speaks for himself - he is our only striker. Zamora could obviously play as a target here as well, if - god forbid - Austin is ever out.

Question switch JB and Mitch
Jordan in the deeper role?
Best xi? on 08:44 - Sep 4 with 2927 viewsHunterhoop

Amazed at how many people are espousing formations lacking width and real pace. They are both crucial.

Do not fall into the trap of trying to shoehorn the best 11 individuals into a formation. Pick your formation and then pick the best player for each position.

Green
Isla Caulker Rio/Ned Yun
Barton Sandro
Phillips/Vargas Fer Hoilett/Adel
Austin

I'd personally stick with Phillips and Hoilett for Utd then review after.

Mutch is battling with Fer, Barton and Sandro.
Best xi? on 08:45 - Sep 4 with 2927 viewsNorthernr

If Kranjcar is in our best 11 we're not doing it right.
Best xi? on 09:20 - Sep 4 with 2897 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting that despite all the positive posts on here about Ned (who I believe SHOULD be at the club btw) no one now thinks he should be in the first 11.

Of course its a squad game nowadays & we'll be lucky to see the same 11 twice running this season, but interesting to see how he has dropped out of everyone's first choice team.
Best xi? on 09:21 - Sep 4 with 2894 viewsJamie

Best xi? on 08:45 - Sep 4 by Northernr

If Kranjcar is in our best 11 we're not doing it right.

Bit unfair, they may have been compiling a sexiest 11.
Best xi? on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 2882 viewsNorthernr

Best xi? on 09:20 - Sep 4 by PinnerPaul

Interesting that despite all the positive posts on here about Ned (who I believe SHOULD be at the club btw) no one now thinks he should be in the first 11.

Of course its a squad game nowadays & we'll be lucky to see the same 11 twice running this season, but interesting to see how he has dropped out of everyone's first choice team.

Well I think if we're playing a back four then everybody would agree that Ferdinand and Caulker are our best centre backs. If we play three centre backs I reckon almost everybody would have him as one of those.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024