Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow nights game 12:04 - Sep 15 with 4347 viewsBeertricksPotter

Hi guys - Stoke City fan here in peace!

I'm based up in the Lake District but I'm heading down with a couple of others to your game against Walsall tomorrow night, better than watching bloody Champions League football on the telly isn't it!

I'm just double checking that it'll definitely be pay on the gate, and I understand it's £15 for Adults on the Sandy Lane Terrace isn't it?

Any decent boozers near the ground that you may be able to recommend as well and any suggestions on the best/cheapest places to park?

Cheers and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Tomorrow nights game on 12:13 - Sep 15 with 3611 viewsaleanddale

Beertricks Potter you are making an excellent choice!!

Pay on gate no problem and if your ok stood up behind a goal then the Sandy lane is good value as you mention.

when you drive past the ground on Sandy Lane ( ground on right ) go straight over the next set of lights and you can street park for free on the left down there no problem. You cant get any cheaper than free.

Head back past the ground and go past the Cemetery on your right ( the one with gravestones in it!!! ) all the way to the lights to the Cem pub.

You will enjoy the Ales in there its a top real ale spot ( one of the best in Rochdale ).

Make sure you get rag pudding chips and gravy from wilbutts chippy and you will have nailed the Rochdale experience!!!!!

Should be a belting game hopeful full of goals for us to entertain you!!!

Up the Dale.

Oh come down the M65 and over Grain Road if you want to cut 20 miles or so off the journey. Much quicker than the M61 to the M62 and the 65 has a lot less traffic.

Enjoy.
Tomorrow nights game on 12:17 - Sep 15 with 3591 viewsG_Dale

I've not heard anything about it being all ticket. There is loads of parking around the ground and Its street parking so you wont have to pay a penny either. the sandy lane terrace is £15 for adults and you just pay on the gate. There's a few pubs at the actual ground that welcome home and away fans, and if you want a short walk you could head to the cemetery pub. I'm sure other people will put their own choices up here soon

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Tomorrow nights game on 12:30 - Sep 15 with 3548 views100notout

Beertricks.

Come early - there's plenty of street parking around the ground. As stated above, make sure you pop in to the Wilbutts lane chippy - one of the best in Rochdale. As for pubs, venture down to the Cemetry pub if you're into real ale but if you're like me and can't be arsed with the trek there's a pub at the ground - The Ratcliffe Arms where you'll be very welcome.

Up the Dale.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tomorrow nights game on 12:34 - Sep 15 with 3533 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Please make sure you come back on here to give us your "match day " thoughts.

We appreciate it.
Tomorrow nights game on 12:35 - Sep 15 with 3525 viewsBeertricksPotter

Cheers for the information guys, looking forward to a decent game of Football!

I will report back on the matchday experience!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 12:36]
Tomorrow nights game on 12:41 - Sep 15 with 3493 viewsD_Alien

Tomorrow nights game on 12:35 - Sep 15 by BeertricksPotter

Cheers for the information guys, looking forward to a decent game of Football!

I will report back on the matchday experience!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 12:36]

It's gotta be worth hearing from someone with that username!

On a general note about Champs league games - we've suffered low Tuesday night crowds for years due to Man U being broadcast live on terrestrial. Moyes did us a huge favour last season in making sure they missed out for once.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tomorrow nights game on 13:15 - Sep 15 with 3354 viewsPDIDDY

A Daley living in the lakes, gotta be 8 fingers per hand

Gissa job

Tomorrow nights game on 13:19 - Sep 15 with 3345 viewsdingdangblue

Tomorrow nights game on 12:41 - Sep 15 by D_Alien

It's gotta be worth hearing from someone with that username!

On a general note about Champs league games - we've suffered low Tuesday night crowds for years due to Man U being broadcast live on terrestrial. Moyes did us a huge favour last season in making sure they missed out for once.

ITV's 'love in' with Liverpool reacquaints itself tomorrow with them showing the MASSIVE game against those European giants Ludogorets. We'll all be at Spotland but surely Dortmund v Arsenal would have been a better choice for the neutral armchair fan?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow nights game on 13:33 - Sep 15 with 3313 viewsdeezel

Sky have the Dortmund game

ITV will probably have the return game
Tomorrow nights game on 14:00 - Sep 15 with 3239 viewsdingdangblue

Tomorrow nights game on 13:33 - Sep 15 by deezel

Sky have the Dortmund game

ITV will probably have the return game

Aye I know Sky show the other games but just thought ITV have 1st choice of which game they show on a Tuesday night. Dortmund v Arsenal is potentially a cracker between 2 big Champions league clubs. The next Tuesday when Liverpool and Arsenal both play again is when Liverpool are away to Real Madrid - which will surely be ITV's pick that night also - and rightly. Just think tomorrows televised game should have been the Dortmund one - from a neutral televised viewpoint. Dale v Walsall is the game for us though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tomorrow nights game on 15:23 - Sep 15 with 3104 viewsD_Alien

Tomorrow nights game on 14:00 - Sep 15 by dingdangblue

Aye I know Sky show the other games but just thought ITV have 1st choice of which game they show on a Tuesday night. Dortmund v Arsenal is potentially a cracker between 2 big Champions league clubs. The next Tuesday when Liverpool and Arsenal both play again is when Liverpool are away to Real Madrid - which will surely be ITV's pick that night also - and rightly. Just think tomorrows televised game should have been the Dortmund one - from a neutral televised viewpoint. Dale v Walsall is the game for us though.

Not expecting much of a gate though, despite ITV showing a lowkey fixture.

With Coventry at home next Saturday, there will be a fair few fans who can't afford both, and the Coventry fixture is the more attractice of the two. Plus, we took a decent following to Sheffield - that'll be three games in 8 days. Still, for those of us who've suffered crap for years, it's worth every penny!

Tomorrow nights game on 15:28 - Sep 15 with 3091 viewsaleanddale

Cant see many attending tomorrow.

Our Potter friends will have plenty of Elbow room in the Sandy!!!

2350 maybe if we are lucky

thank god we have Coventry on Saturday that should be a 4000+ crowd to keep the cash flow topped up.

Next Bumper crowd Barnsley on the Sat 4th October!! Just after Pay day - Holidays but a distant memory and everyones favourite Manager pinching Yorkies in town!!!! could be 6500+ at Spotland for that one!!!!!!
Tomorrow nights game on 15:37 - Sep 15 with 3064 viewsParkinsGimp

You could try a walk up to The Star on Edenfield Road for a cheap ale if you want. Sam Smiths . As you approach traffic lights having passed the Football ground on your left, turn left about half a mile up the road , has a car park as well.
Enjoy your visit, always welcome other fans ( well most fans LOL) .
Tomorrow nights game on 15:55 - Sep 15 with 3025 viewsArthurDaley

Tomorrow nights game on 13:15 - Sep 15 by PDIDDY

A Daley living in the lakes, gotta be 8 fingers per hand

I thought you were pdiddy, not Stevie Wonder. If you would have read the post, and understood it ( I know its difficult coming from buRy)
He did say he was a Stoke fan.

A large VAT Dave

Tomorrow nights game on 16:03 - Sep 15 with 3010 viewsaleanddale

Tomorrow nights game on 15:55 - Sep 15 by ArthurDaley

I thought you were pdiddy, not Stevie Wonder. If you would have read the post, and understood it ( I know its difficult coming from buRy)

Dont let something as trivial as facts get in the way of Didds attempt at ridicule!

Big night for the Dale - under floodlights looking forward to the game already this working lark gets in the way a bit!!.
Tomorrow nights game on 17:25 - Sep 15 with 2905 views100notout

Tomorrow nights game on 16:03 - Sep 15 by aleanddale

Dont let something as trivial as facts get in the way of Didds attempt at ridicule!

Big night for the Dale - under floodlights looking forward to the game already this working lark gets in the way a bit!!.

have we got the new bulbs fitted?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tomorrow nights game on 22:08 - Sep 15 with 2619 viewsPDIDDY

Tomorrow nights game on 15:55 - Sep 15 by ArthurDaley

I actually saw that softer I posted, couldn't be ar sed editing,stokey or Daley , not sure which is worse,

Gissa job

Tomorrow nights game on 22:25 - Sep 15 with 2577 viewsnordenblue

Tomorrow nights game on 15:37 - Sep 15 by ParkinsGimp

You could try a walk up to The Star on Edenfield Road for a cheap ale if you want. Sam Smiths . As you approach traffic lights having passed the Football ground on your left, turn left about half a mile up the road , has a car park as well.
Enjoy your visit, always welcome other fans ( well most fans LOL) .

Has the ground moved?
Tomorrow nights game on 22:48 - Sep 15 with 2547 viewsTVOS1907

Tomorrow nights game on 22:08 - Sep 15 by PDIDDY

I actually saw that softer I posted, couldn't be ar sed editing,stokey or Daley , not sure which is worse,

Bob Stokey - ex-Dale and bury manager?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tomorrow nights game on 23:43 - Sep 15 with 2481 viewsD_Alien

Tomorrow nights game on 22:25 - Sep 15 by nordenblue

Has the ground moved?

Maybe just the earth?

Tomorrow nights game on 08:50 - Sep 16 with 2317 viewsPDIDDY

Tomorrow nights game on 22:48 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

Bob Stokey - ex-Dale and bury manager?

Bobby stokey, deceased saints, cup final scorer

Gissa job

Tomorrow nights game on 09:33 - Sep 16 with 2276 viewsParkinsGimp

Tomorrow nights game on 22:25 - Sep 15 by nordenblue

Has the ground moved?

Opps sorry Right ...never was good with directions LOL
Tomorrow nights game on 10:24 - Sep 16 with 2210 viewsnordenblue

Tomorrow nights game on 23:43 - Sep 15 by D_Alien

Maybe just the earth?

It might have done for you!
Tomorrow nights game on 23:57 - Sep 16 with 1915 viewsBeertricksPotter

Just got back home - Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight!

Rochdale were terrific, thought they retained possession really well and it wouldn't have been an injustice if they'd scored 6 or 7. Stephen Dawson was comfortably the best player on the pitch, superb energy levels and more than deserved the goal which he'll hopefully be awarded with. I was impressed with Jamie Allen in midfield as well, didn't realise he was only 18 until I read the programme but I thought he looked really composed on the ball, definitely one for the future there and even better that he's a Rochdale lad!

All in all a very good experience, we stood in the Sandy Lane terrace and there was a decent atmosphere in there throughout the game. No problems with the parking, we parked in a church car park just down the road from the ground for a small donation. Sampled the Willbutts Lane Chippy as well, couldn't fault that either although a few more chips would've been nice ( maybe I'm just a greedy sod? )

Good luck for the remainder of the season - I'll be keeping an eye out for your results!
Tomorrow nights game on 06:12 - Sep 17 with 1783 viewsaleanddale

Tomorrow nights game on 23:57 - Sep 16 by BeertricksPotter

Just got back home - Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that tonight!

Rochdale were terrific, thought they retained possession really well and it wouldn't have been an injustice if they'd scored 6 or 7. Stephen Dawson was comfortably the best player on the pitch, superb energy levels and more than deserved the goal which he'll hopefully be awarded with. I was impressed with Jamie Allen in midfield as well, didn't realise he was only 18 until I read the programme but I thought he looked really composed on the ball, definitely one for the future there and even better that he's a Rochdale lad!

All in all a very good experience, we stood in the Sandy Lane terrace and there was a decent atmosphere in there throughout the game. No problems with the parking, we parked in a church car park just down the road from the ground for a small donation. Sampled the Willbutts Lane Chippy as well, couldn't fault that either although a few more chips would've been nice ( maybe I'm just a greedy sod? )

Good luck for the remainder of the season - I'll be keeping an eye out for your results!

Cheers Beertricks Potter,

you are welcome anytime ( we need all the crowd we can muster!! )

You saw us on song last night for sure... Fantastic performance from first whistle to last.

Established league one player is Jamie already the kid has a really bright future.

4 goals - agree could have been 6 or 7 Walsall really were poor the game absolutely passed there no 17 by i really felt sorry for him completely out of his depth.

Onto a sterner test on Saturday v Coventry and hopeful a bumper crowd ( for us!! ) 4000+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024