Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent point 16:58 - Nov 1 with 10770 viewsParlay

Still top 6.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Excellent point on 18:42 - Nov 1 with 1486 viewsdgt73

José would have been proud of the performance today at Everton. After all didn't he win the champions league by adapting simular tactics. It certainly looks like our Gary has a plan B, when it's needed.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 18:44]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Excellent point on 18:43 - Nov 1 with 1480 viewsGowerjack

Excellent point on 17:16 - Nov 1 by shandyjack

fully agree, also Fernandez and more importantly Fabianski(some who one poster gave absolute pelters when we signed him) have been superb. Fab just adds so much confidence with his aerial ability its unreal

Player of the year so far for me.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Excellent point on 18:46 - Nov 1 with 1464 viewsStarsky

Excellent point on 17:14 - Nov 1 by Daithejack

After 10 games we have the joint second best defence in the league, only 10 goals conceded the same as Man City and Chelsea. What ever peoples opinion of Monk is he certainly sorted the defence out.

Hey but hang on...

I thought Rangel was past it, Taylor was shyte, Fernandez was not good enough, Jazz needs to go out on loan, Tiendalli has been injured, Bartley not done anything, not even for Birmingham, Davies shouldn't have been sold, Amat hasn't played for ages...

Well done Ashley Williams... You must have carried us single handed.

Got to love the experts on here.

It's just the internet, init.

Excellent point on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 1437 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Excellent point on 18:43 - Nov 1 by Gowerjack

Player of the year so far for me.

It's between him and Ki for me

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Excellent point on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 1437 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Excellent point on 17:55 - Nov 1 by jack247

Yes there are negative people on here and yes they will be back in force next time we lose a couple, but you can't seriously think anyone wants us to fail just so they can point score on a website?

The surest sign of stupidity is when someone gets upset at others differing opinions.
I've followed the Swans all over the country and in all divisions since I started as an 8 year old in 1976. I wonder if he was watching us back then?

We are having our best start to the season and as Rancid points out celebrate our goals as much if not more than everyone else. But there are things we can improve on and hopefully when Leon is back giving our play it's customary tempo they will. Are Southampton really THAT much better than us? I really don't think so, on what I saw of them down here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Excellent point on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 1437 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Excellent point on 17:18 - Nov 1 by Shaky

Bossing the second half?

Here are the stats:

Possession: 33%
Shots on target: 0
Corners won: 0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29768011

It was a good point, and that is it.

Confused by the BBC stats ..... I watched the game and Howard saved well from Bony early on. That was on target surely? I'm sure Bony had a pretty weak shot on goal (with his left foot) blocked too ....
Excellent point on 18:55 - Nov 1 with 1420 viewsSTEVE1

Excellent point on 18:52 - Nov 1 by OhRobbieRobbie

Confused by the BBC stats ..... I watched the game and Howard saved well from Bony early on. That was on target surely? I'm sure Bony had a pretty weak shot on goal (with his left foot) blocked too ....

There was also shelveys shot which the Everton defender saved with his hand which the keeper still had to save.
Excellent point on 18:55 - Nov 1 with 1420 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Excellent point on 18:52 - Nov 1 by OhRobbieRobbie

Shelvey had a shot at goal

But the Everton defender saved it !!!!

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Excellent point on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 1378 viewsRancid

Excellent point on 18:09 - Nov 1 by Pacemaker

I didn't agree with the appointment of Martinez but supported him and he proved me wrong which made me happy even if it made me looked foolish. I was happy with the appt of Rodgers though plenty weren't and kept on sniping at every opportunity until he got us promoted.

I just don't get the constant sniping of Monk (after the best PL start ever by us) or the board, I wasn't sure about his appointment but his results and team performances have never left me frustrated in the way someone like Laudrup could (for all his good work).

Supporters is described in the dictionary as

a person who or thing that acts as a support
a person who backs a sports team, politician, etc

Nothing about personal agendas.

He's going to get sniped at but by different people this season than last because we were under a different manager as usual.Every manager we have(and there's been a few), we'll have some for and some against.I don't like it when posters, after a win, come on here and brag and slate the non and apparent anti Monk brigade.The difference here is when we lose and play badly and Monk could be at fault then the anti Monk brigade tend to say little.And there lies the difference.Integrity.
Excellent point on 19:15 - Nov 1 with 1349 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Before the game Martinez was all "we know all about Swansea", I just read his post match comments where he was saying he expected the game to be more open and that we wouldn't like defend and stuff...gave me a chuckle anyway.

I like what Monk seems to be bringing on here, if teams rip into us we can maybe put a defensive performance in, especially away, dare I say it, Sousaesque, but we also have the players and the attacking possession thread running through us as part of our now innate make up. I think it's harder to coach defensive than creative formations, well you can't really coach creative players, a lot of that is instinct and talent. So I believe if we get the first bit right, as long as we keep fast creative players up front they will keep doing the biz too.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Excellent point on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 1344 views_

Excellent point on 19:08 - Nov 1 by Rancid

He's going to get sniped at but by different people this season than last because we were under a different manager as usual.Every manager we have(and there's been a few), we'll have some for and some against.I don't like it when posters, after a win, come on here and brag and slate the non and apparent anti Monk brigade.The difference here is when we lose and play badly and Monk could be at fault then the anti Monk brigade tend to say little.And there lies the difference.Integrity.

Chris, you're only talking of one in particular. A hopeless fella many have just given up on.

He likes nothing more than to stoke a dead fire. At least most have seen through him already. Empty vessel indeed.

Just re the game again and Monk in particular. I've got a very happy feeling about my Saturday night after that battling point, I'm going to have a little smile and a big beer. Cheers to you old pal and Garry's boys.

Up The Jacks.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Excellent point on 19:18 - Nov 1 with 1333 viewsPacemaker

Don't disagree with what you say or posters giving their opinion, however the tone of some is just so toxic that any reasonable supporter will respond to it.

Feedback is a gift but you have be balanced in giving it, sometimes both sides of the argument need to remember that.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Excellent point on 19:18 - Nov 1 with 1329 viewsgoontheswans

I remember last year in a game away to villa. Ended one all I believe. We had 70% possession and were completely dominant. To my disbelief I actually read people slating the performance with comments like having 70% possession is not a positive. Today when we have 30 percent possession everyone is agreed good performance. But I am at least glad expectation is now a little more realistic. Good point too.
Excellent point on 19:26 - Nov 1 with 1294 views_

Excellent point on 19:18 - Nov 1 by Pacemaker

Don't disagree with what you say or posters giving their opinion, however the tone of some is just so toxic that any reasonable supporter will respond to it.

Feedback is a gift but you have be balanced in giving it, sometimes both sides of the argument need to remember that.

I'm not sure about toxic posts about Monk? Care to share what you mean?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Excellent point on 19:46 - Nov 1 with 1227 viewsskippyjack

Excellent point on 19:26 - Nov 1 by _

Darran goes over the top.. Monk was getting stick for not winning in 5.. and the defence were starting to gift stupid goals... now they've shoved it in our faces with 2 clean sheets.. Taylor finally turned up today.. the back four didn't stop.. and Ki is looking undroppable..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Excellent point on 19:46 - Nov 1 with 1224 viewsmorningstar

You said he was a glue sniffer and gas inhaler.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Excellent point on 20:00 - Nov 1 with 1177 views_

Excellent point on 19:46 - Nov 1 by morningstar

You said he was a glue sniffer and gas inhaler.

Ha you'd swear I/we had and agreed Skip.

Darrans only motive on here is what it's always been, to divide and gang up and keep chipping away about the same old crap all the time. To talk about the game itself he never does,

Always remember that when talking of being toxic, Pacemaker.

Excellent point on 20:01 - Nov 1 with 1169 viewsorion3016

A battling backs to the wall draw at Goodison is as good as it gets in the premier league
Well done Gary & team

Be over there now after

Excellent point on 20:05 - Nov 1 with 1146 viewsGram2086

33%
Excellent point on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 1116 views_

Excellent point on 20:05 - Nov 1 by Gram2086

33%

1 point - 6th

Excellent point on 20:17 - Nov 1 with 1100 viewsPacemaker

Excellent point on 20:00 - Nov 1 by _

Ha you'd swear I/we had and agreed Skip.

Darrans only motive on here is what it's always been, to divide and gang up and keep chipping away about the same old crap all the time. To talk about the game itself he never does,

Always remember that when talking of being toxic, Pacemaker.

I wasnt responding to your post but to Rancids, but if the cap fits?

I think most of your your headlines and posts are purely for your own agenda which generally places yourself at the centre of your own universe, I don't take any serious notice of those who post opinions contrary to others but your posts are generally full of spite and bile towards those who don't fall into your point of view.

Darren, Daviilian, Jackfath et al are just a section of this board who have been deliberately targeted by you in the fashion of a schoolyard bully. They may be as annoying/boring/irritating as me more or less but that doesn't mean you decide who can or can't post.

I have had issues with some on here in relation to bullying of others but I had my say and they had
theirs and that was that. I have never had a threatening message sent to me or "offers" out.

IF as some have claimed that has been going on then you need a long hard look at yourself.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Excellent point on 20:17 - Nov 1 with 1097 viewsskippyjack

Excellent point on 20:13 - Nov 1 by _

1 point - 6th

He's right though.. Arsenal and Man City will punish us if we don't keep it better... Monks first word on the notepad on Monday that should be.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Excellent point on 20:18 - Nov 1 with 1091 viewsDarran

See the thing is Pacemakers been here a long time and I've no doubt just like me even when you make some decent points over the share issue it's difficult to take you seriously because of all the bullshit you've aimed at the board every summer for probably the last eight years and been wrong everytime.

Now then a week or two back when we were on our five game winless run (we hadn't lost five) I believe it was you that said that you were a little bit jealous of Southapton because they'd appointed Koeman as manager and we hadn't.

Obviously you'll come back with some clever retort but I'm sure just about everyone else on this forum bar 3 or 4 that are up your arse can see exactly what I'm saying.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 20:25]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Excellent point on 20:19 - Nov 1 with 1085 viewsC_jack

Excellent point on 20:01 - Nov 1 by orion3016

A battling backs to the wall draw at Goodison is as good as it gets in the premier league
Well done Gary & team

Apart from any sort of win, of course.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Excellent point on 20:41 - Nov 1 with 1026 viewsshandyjack

Excellent point on 18:05 - Nov 1 by Gram2086

The reality is that it was a poor performance with posession coughed up time after time. No composure, no attempt to dominate the game against an Everton side who lacked quality.

The worrying features are our willingness to abandon any pretence at playing football and resort to aimless hoofball. Agreed that the point was very welcome but it was nothing but good fortune that secured it bearing in mind Lukaku's glaring miss in the last minute.

On a final negative note, Shelvey was the far more likely red card recipient out of him and Bony. Subbing Bony means that any chance of us retaining possession from a ball to the front line is lost. Poor strategy.

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024