Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent point 16:58 - Nov 1 with 10769 viewsParlay

Still top 6.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Excellent point on 22:28 - Nov 1 with 1371 viewsAngelRangelQS

Excellent point on 22:23 - Nov 1 by C_jack

Indeed it is, a lot of the focus in coaching at the moment seems to be shifting to what the player does without the ball.

Monk has spoken a few times about us controlling the game without the ball and in fairness the last two league games, Fabianski has barely had a save of note (the late one v Leicester aside)
Excellent point on 22:28 - Nov 1 with 1365 viewsDarran

I did say that but that was after you said I deseeverd a slap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Excellent point on 22:31 - Nov 1 with 1343 viewsPacemaker

Excellent point on 22:18 - Nov 1 by _

I am failing to understand why you think I must respond to anything you ask of? Why do you think that?

The threats are made up and untrue... But if you want to believe that then go ahead, it suits your agenda here it seems.

Did you get an AWESOME POST this time from Teabag?

I was interested to know and get any denial direct from the horses mouth, it's there for all to see and it puts those false allegations to bed.

It must have been upsetting for you to be falsely accused on a public forum.

I have no interest in what anyone thinks of what I have posted. I am just posting what i think or see. I don't think you will find anything interesting there for you.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Excellent point on 22:33 - Nov 1 with 1324 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Christ, I was just thinking what we need is someone else to join in repeating the same hoary old canards on thread after thread which people are trying to talk football on.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Excellent point on 22:35 - Nov 1 with 1309 views_

Then you'll know for a fact that he's lying but you won't put that on here...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Excellent point on 22:38 - Nov 1 with 1288 viewsPhil_S

Any chance of just pulling this thread back to what was actually quite a decent discussion or are you just all hell bent on derailing every thread that is on here?

Pitiful to watch
Excellent point on 22:38 - Nov 1 with 1283 viewsmorningstar

Excellent point on 20:00 - Nov 1 by _

Ha you'd swear I/we had and agreed Skip.

Darrans only motive on here is what it's always been, to divide and gang up and keep chipping away about the same old crap all the time. To talk about the game itself he never does,

Always remember that when talking of being toxic, Pacemaker.

"Ha you'd swear I/we had and agreed Skip."
In English please?

"Always remember that when talking of being toxic, Pacemaker."
In English please? Or do you mean I am the poster named Pacemaker?

I do not care what Darran or Darrans 'gang' is up to? But if thats the way you feel you need to reply to a genuine piss take/attempt at humour post from a neutral thats not involved in your gang warfare, then I suggest you are losing the battle as they are in your head!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Excellent point on 22:39 - Nov 1 with 1274 viewsAngelRangelQS

Excellent point on 22:33 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Christ, I was just thinking what we need is someone else to join in repeating the same hoary old canards on thread after thread which people are trying to talk football on.

Like a bunch of school girls
Login to get fewer ads

Excellent point on 22:46 - Nov 1 with 1210 views_

Excellent point on 17:05 - Nov 1 by Darran

Top 6,havent been out of the top 8 all season but still won't be good enough for some.
It's f*cking killing them.

It's this sort of post that's going to derail threads.... You do see that don't you, Phil??

That came 3 or 4 posts into it...

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Excellent point on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 1176 viewsPhil_S

Excellent point on 22:46 - Nov 1 by _

It's this sort of post that's going to derail threads.... You do see that don't you, Phil??

That came 3 or 4 posts into it...

Nope that is his viewpoint no matter how wild you think it is or how wrong I think it is

What derails threads is when you, fath, Darran (and usually perch) start behaving like schoolgirls (as was mentioned earlier)

You all bait each other and all bleat when you get the responses that you want to get

Started yesterday with the comment about Jimmy Saville - was the most obvious example of all.

I was actually enjoying reading some of the debates tonight until you all went into usual mode and decided that you just cannot help yourselves

Sad, very very sad
Excellent point on 22:54 - Nov 1 with 1153 viewsDarran

Excellent point on 22:51 - Nov 1 by Phil_S

Nope that is his viewpoint no matter how wild you think it is or how wrong I think it is

What derails threads is when you, fath, Darran (and usually perch) start behaving like schoolgirls (as was mentioned earlier)

You all bait each other and all bleat when you get the responses that you want to get

Started yesterday with the comment about Jimmy Saville - was the most obvious example of all.

I was actually enjoying reading some of the debates tonight until you all went into usual mode and decided that you just cannot help yourselves

Sad, very very sad

I'd like T2C to stop mentioning me if I'm honest,I don't particularly want to reply to him.

Excellent point on 22:54 - Nov 1 with 1152 views_

Excellent point on 22:51 - Nov 1 by Phil_S

Sad, very very sad

Phil, respectfully who is it "f@cking killing" exactly and what would you expect from that comment on??

He goaded Bryn and Rancid got fed up and told him so... The rest,unfortunately is history.

The Savile comment was vile and I reported it. Quite why he thought that was funny I don't know.

Excellent point on 22:56 - Nov 1 with 1135 viewsJokeren1943

Excellent point on 22:21 - Nov 1 by AngelRangelQS

The way we defend has changed noticeably. It's not a bad thing as it's been very effective this season. The game is moving away from the heavy focus on possession there was a few years ago anyway.

Our lowest possession in a pl game ever and one of our better results

I tend to like when we played from the back in a style never seen in the PL before.

We have completely lost our possession style. We play much more as the rest of the teams in the Premier League. It is a bit of a shame. Think it was a part people liked about Swansea.

Give all the control of the match to the opponent for all the match.

Has Swansea become boring to watch? - remembered when we totally blowed West Brom away.

Much more as a counterattack team this season. A shame with Ki, Shelvey, Gylfi (instead of Michu) we should still have the gift of possession football.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:02]
Excellent point on 23:00 - Nov 1 with 1112 viewsPhil_S

Excellent point on 22:54 - Nov 1 by _

Phil, respectfully who is it "f@cking killing" exactly and what would you expect from that comment on??

He goaded Bryn and Rancid got fed up and told him so... The rest,unfortunately is history.

The Savile comment was vile and I reported it. Quite why he thought that was funny I don't know.

I don't know who it is killing - you need to ask the poster that but its probably easier to do it using your second word "respectfully"

This was a good thread then it was killed by the usual suspects - it is up to you to decide if you were one of those

Hard to believe you are all grown adults, support the same club and are all pleased by an excellent point today
Excellent point on 23:02 - Nov 1 with 1093 viewsNeathJack

Excellent point on 22:56 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

I tend to like when we played from the back in a style never seen in the PL before.

We have completely lost our possession style. We play much more as the rest of the teams in the Premier League. It is a bit of a shame. Think it was a part people liked about Swansea.

Has Swansea become boring to watch? - remembered when we totally blowed West Brom away.

Much more as a counterattack team this season. A shame with Ki, Shelvey, Gylfi (instead of Michu) we should still have the gift of possession football.

It's horses for courses.

For the most part under both Rodgers and Laudrup we would play possession football away to the top clubs and usually come away with little or nothing (Arsenal under Laudrup excepted).

So far this season with the set up we've got we've won at Man Utd and drawn at Everton.

Personally I think it's given us a new dimension that we didn't have before and you can tell from Martinez reaction to today's game that it's frustrating opponents.

At home we're still mostly playing the possession based game and trying to dominate teams that way.
Excellent point on 23:06 - Nov 1 with 1075 viewsNeiltheTaylor

One game. Away. Against tough opposition. We showed defensive toughness - and still the ability to keep the ball. We should have won the game 1-0 with a penalty even, but you want to whine about us losing something?

I would argue that we now have something extra, some guts and guile to go with the glitter and glamour, when it is required. It can be very enjoyable watching your team shut the other one down when the day is going against you. We don't do it just by hoofing it either. Did you ever watch Italian football in the 80s? Don't kid yourself that we were the first team in the PL to invent possession football either. That's just a bollocks cliche some people buy into.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:08]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Excellent point on 23:12 - Nov 1 with 1032 viewsDarran

I'm sure Mr Laudrup played in teams that had to tough it out on times too my Friend.
This is a hard League.

Excellent point on 23:26 - Nov 1 with 991 viewsperchrockjack

I've just mentioned in dispatches, so I'm keeping schtum.

Pot kettle black.

Every fookn one of us..

Peace.. ...and the topic was and is.....excellent point

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Excellent point on 23:41 - Nov 1 with 967 viewsJokeren1943

Excellent point on 23:12 - Nov 1 by Darran

I'm sure Mr Laudrup played in teams that had to tough it out on times too my Friend.
This is a hard League.

Agree Darran.

I think in many ways we have a far better team this season. With a far better:
goalkeeper
left back
central defender
A tackling Ki
Gylfi

We still have our fantastic flair (and struck of genius) but now most of the time, Swansea now give the ball to the other team, to play around. It has fallen with around 10 % pr. game as far as I can see.

Personal I miss the possession football Swansea was known for. On that front Swansea has changend it style massively this season.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:49]
Excellent point on 23:48 - Nov 1 with 943 viewsperchrockjack

Ki has been outstanding, a revelation

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Excellent point on 23:50 - Nov 1 with 949 viewsJokeren1943

Excellent point on 23:48 - Nov 1 by perchrockjack

Ki has been outstanding, a revelation

Agree.

Who the fucck has suddenly told him how to tackle.
Excellent point on 23:55 - Nov 1 with 933 viewsJackFish

Excellent point on 22:13 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

I tend to think Swansea in the first matchs played great football. In the last couple they have played like crap.

I tend to think Swansea has lost their style of play.

I distinctly remember us getting a point at Everton under Laudrup when we played Dyer up front on his own and barely made it past the half way line all game.

It'd be great to play amazing football every week and dominate teams but the reality is we can't do that all the time. We needed to defend well today and we did - how many saved did Fab make today and how many were completely routine? We probably had the best two chances with Bony's at the start and Shelveys in the second half.
Excellent point on 00:07 - Nov 2 with 904 viewsDarran

Excellent point on 23:41 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

Agree Darran.

I think in many ways we have a far better team this season. With a far better:
goalkeeper
left back
central defender
A tackling Ki
Gylfi

We still have our fantastic flair (and struck of genius) but now most of the time, Swansea now give the ball to the other team, to play around. It has fallen with around 10 % pr. game as far as I can see.

Personal I miss the possession football Swansea was known for. On that front Swansea has changend it style massively this season.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:49]

You know your stuff Sir but when other teams know how we play we have to change it around and pick up points which is what needs to be done in this League if we're going to remain in it.
Everton are a big big club compared to us and we equalled them today
[Post edited 2 Nov 2014 0:13]

Excellent point on 09:23 - Nov 2 with 784 viewsPhil_S

Excellent point on 23:55 - Nov 1 by JackFish

I distinctly remember us getting a point at Everton under Laudrup when we played Dyer up front on his own and barely made it past the half way line all game.

It'd be great to play amazing football every week and dominate teams but the reality is we can't do that all the time. We needed to defend well today and we did - how many saved did Fab make today and how many were completely routine? We probably had the best two chances with Bony's at the start and Shelveys in the second half.

I remember that game well and as the final whistle blew we celebrated like we had won and everyone praised the then manager for having the nous to think about doing that way and earning us a point that "We wouldn't have got under Rodgers"
Excellent point on 09:44 - Nov 2 with 760 viewsmonmouth

Excellent point on 09:23 - Nov 2 by Phil_S

I remember that game well and as the final whistle blew we celebrated like we had won and everyone praised the then manager for having the nous to think about doing that way and earning us a point that "We wouldn't have got under Rodgers"

Yep, me too I think. Michu scraped the bar with a speculative effort, and unlike yesterday, we rode our luck at the other end.

It seems to have become fairly widely accepted wisdom that we were consistently spectacular in our Laudrupian golden period and indeed in our Rodgerite total football era. The good football silky swanlike stuff was actually sporadic in both regimes with a fair number of ugly duckling performances to go with them.

Yesterday was a very comfortable point at a disappointing venue for us. We played well there last season in an open game full of footballing skill.....and lost. I wouldn't like to watch that stuff every week, but on a horses for courses basis, big round of applause for Mr G Monk. Quick, someone write him a letter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024