Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent point 16:58 - Nov 1 with 10768 viewsParlay

Still top 6.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Excellent point on 17:30 - Nov 1 with 1669 viewsjack247

Excellent point on 17:18 - Nov 1 by Shaky

Bossing the second half?

Here are the stats:

Possession: 33%
Shots on target: 0
Corners won: 0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29768011

It was a good point, and that is it.

I get your point, but it doesn't really tell the story of the second half does it?
Excellent point on 17:31 - Nov 1 with 1664 viewsC_jack

We certainly won't scoff at it, we've played better and lost.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Excellent point on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1652 viewsDewi1jack

Excellent point, maybe should have had 2 penalties as well (1 definite handball, 1 when if Jeff had gone to ground, who knows)
Stupid 1st booking for JJ leading to a red later in the game.
Thought the number of bookings for us against those for Everton was a bit out of proportion though.
Where are all the posters who said we'd go down, dead last with less points than Derby did, under Garry?
Shouldn't you now be praising him and the team as we're still challenging for Europa league places?
Ah who cares. I'm still happy watching the Swans week in week out.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Excellent point on 17:33 - Nov 1 with 1640 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Excellent point on 17:22 - Nov 1 by Darran

Don't be daft we need two new full backs and a centre half.

Brynnie said so.

Sorry, I must really get off your back.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Excellent point on 17:34 - Nov 1 with 1630 viewsDarran

Excellent point on 17:33 - Nov 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry, I must really get off your back.

You started it but now I'm out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Excellent point on 17:34 - Nov 1 with 1627 viewsjacksfullaces

Excellent point on 17:18 - Nov 1 by Shaky

Bossing the second half?

Here are the stats:

Possession: 33%
Shots on target: 0
Corners won: 0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29768011

It was a good point, and that is it.

negative - looked under the cosh a lot as we don't seem to always play a possession game these days

positive - appear to have plan a,b and c when needed, and the flexibility to approach matches in different ways

negative - indiscipline of 1-2 players

positive - monk appears to be developing improved reading on both game dynamics and individual performers

there - lets restore some balance to the universe - hope to see a little bit more possession against arsenal next week, but lets see what approach monk chooses.
Excellent point on 17:36 - Nov 1 with 1611 viewsmonmouth

Excellent point on 17:32 - Nov 1 by Dewi1jack

Excellent point, maybe should have had 2 penalties as well (1 definite handball, 1 when if Jeff had gone to ground, who knows)
Stupid 1st booking for JJ leading to a red later in the game.
Thought the number of bookings for us against those for Everton was a bit out of proportion though.
Where are all the posters who said we'd go down, dead last with less points than Derby did, under Garry?
Shouldn't you now be praising him and the team as we're still challenging for Europa league places?
Ah who cares. I'm still happy watching the Swans week in week out.

To be fair mate, I don't remember any of those. I do remember some saying we might do better under someone else, and that is something that none of us will ever ever know. Time to bury that particular hatchet I think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Excellent point on 17:36 - Nov 1 with 1605 viewsRancid

Excellent point on 17:05 - Nov 1 by Darran

Top 6,havent been out of the top 8 all season but still won't be good enough for some.
It's f*cking killing them.

It's killing who, Darran? Dwight you mean, who isn't really a Jack? No other is not enjoying our time under Monk no matter what they provocatively post on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Excellent point on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 1588 viewsDarran

Excellent point on 17:36 - Nov 1 by Rancid

It's killing who, Darran? Dwight you mean, who isn't really a Jack? No other is not enjoying our time under Monk no matter what they provocatively post on here.

Rubbish Chris the minute we go through another bad run which we will of course the same people will be out in force.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 17:39]

Excellent point on 17:53 - Nov 1 with 1531 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Great point.

I would have taken a package of a point and a red card at three o clock to be honest.

Bit concerned about our midfield against the Arse though. Any chance Leon could play?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Excellent point on 17:55 - Nov 1 with 1524 viewsjack247

Excellent point on 17:39 - Nov 1 by Darran

Rubbish Chris the minute we go through another bad run which we will of course the same people will be out in force.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 17:39]

Yes there are negative people on here and yes they will be back in force next time we lose a couple, but you can't seriously think anyone wants us to fail just so they can point score on a website?
Excellent point on 17:57 - Nov 1 with 1507 viewsRancid

Why bother spending your hard earned cash on season tickets and everything else that goes with following a team if you don't want what's best for them? These Monk dissenters are as much fans of the club as tou and I and will celebrate a goal and a win in the same fashion.What they write on here should be taken with a tub of Saxo.
Excellent point on 17:59 - Nov 1 with 1486 viewsC_jack

Excellent point on 17:55 - Nov 1 by jack247

Yes there are negative people on here and yes they will be back in force next time we lose a couple, but you can't seriously think anyone wants us to fail just so they can point score on a website?

He does, he's got an agenda.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Excellent point on 18:00 - Nov 1 with 1481 viewsVetchitBack

Great defending. Hardly any clear cut chances either end but obviously that's better for us in the circumstances.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Excellent point on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 1463 viewsDarran

Excellent point on 17:55 - Nov 1 by jack247

Yes I do.

Excellent point on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 1390 viewsSTEVE1

I am concerned for Arsenal they are strong in midfield not sure how far off Leon is would be nice to have an update on his progress.
Excellent point on 18:05 - Nov 1 with 1364 viewsGram2086

The reality is that it was a poor performance with posession coughed up time after time. No composure, no attempt to dominate the game against an Everton side who lacked quality.

The worrying features are our willingness to abandon any pretence at playing football and resort to aimless hoofball. Agreed that the point was very welcome but it was nothing but good fortune that secured it bearing in mind Lukaku's glaring miss in the last minute.

On a final negative note, Shelvey was the far more likely red card recipient out of him and Bony. Subbing Bony means that any chance of us retaining possession from a ball to the front line is lost. Poor strategy.
Excellent point on 18:09 - Nov 1 with 1340 viewsPacemaker

Excellent point on 17:57 - Nov 1 by Rancid

Why bother spending your hard earned cash on season tickets and everything else that goes with following a team if you don't want what's best for them? These Monk dissenters are as much fans of the club as tou and I and will celebrate a goal and a win in the same fashion.What they write on here should be taken with a tub of Saxo.

I didn't agree with the appointment of Martinez but supported him and he proved me wrong which made me happy even if it made me looked foolish. I was happy with the appt of Rodgers though plenty weren't and kept on sniping at every opportunity until he got us promoted.

I just don't get the constant sniping of Monk (after the best PL start ever by us) or the board, I wasn't sure about his appointment but his results and team performances have never left me frustrated in the way someone like Laudrup could (for all his good work).

Supporters is described in the dictionary as

a person who or thing that acts as a support
a person who backs a sports team, politician, etc

Nothing about personal agendas.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Excellent point on 18:11 - Nov 1 with 1331 viewsSTEVE1

Excellent point on 18:05 - Nov 1 by Gram2086

The reality is that it was a poor performance with posession coughed up time after time. No composure, no attempt to dominate the game against an Everton side who lacked quality.

The worrying features are our willingness to abandon any pretence at playing football and resort to aimless hoofball. Agreed that the point was very welcome but it was nothing but good fortune that secured it bearing in mind Lukaku's glaring miss in the last minute.

On a final negative note, Shelvey was the far more likely red card recipient out of him and Bony. Subbing Bony means that any chance of us retaining possession from a ball to the front line is lost. Poor strategy.

Lukaku miss you talk about was offside.
Excellent point on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 1294 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Fantastic 2 nd half performance

Yet again sending off swung the game .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Excellent point on 18:21 - Nov 1 with 1268 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Was Bony's yellow a fair one. It looks like he's getting penalized for being able to jump higher than other players to me.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Excellent point on 18:24 - Nov 1 with 1257 viewsSTEVE1

Excellent point on 18:21 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Was Bony's yellow a fair one. It looks like he's getting penalized for being able to jump higher than other players to me.

To me it was not even a foul
Excellent point on 18:28 - Nov 1 with 1245 viewskarnataka

Excellent point on 18:21 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

I think the problem is he's so powerful. If he goes up for a 50/50, you know the other guy is going to go flying because people just bounce off him and it looks like they've been clattered.
Excellent point on 18:29 - Nov 1 with 1244 views_

Excellent point on 17:12 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Also Montero staying on his feet when he could have dived to con the ref, even though the tackle meant him losing the ball into touch.

The only call I saw which really went against them was losing the advantage when Siggy got booked.

Do you know what though, I wish he'd gone down....the commentators were saying the exact same thing, followed by Monk's words of course.

But a superb point, we weathered storms when we had to and put up with a poor ref, I can't believe our penalty hasn't had it's own thread, unless I've missed it... That was truly shocking. But still, very proud of Monk and the boys with nods today to Fab, Fede, Angel, Taylor, and Ki in particular. Stellar performance.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Excellent point on 18:37 - Nov 1 with 1202 viewsblaine_scfc

Whatever way you look at it, that is a brilliant point away from home at Goodison Park. Yet another decision that hasn't gone our way, but on we go... Big month ahead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024