Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excellent point 16:58 - Nov 1 with 10771 viewsParlay

Still top 6.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Excellent point on 09:48 - Nov 2 with 800 viewsAngelRangelQS

Excellent point on 09:44 - Nov 2 by monmouth

Yep, me too I think. Michu scraped the bar with a speculative effort, and unlike yesterday, we rode our luck at the other end.

It seems to have become fairly widely accepted wisdom that we were consistently spectacular in our Laudrupian golden period and indeed in our Rodgerite total football era. The good football silky swanlike stuff was actually sporadic in both regimes with a fair number of ugly duckling performances to go with them.

Yesterday was a very comfortable point at a disappointing venue for us. We played well there last season in an open game full of footballing skill.....and lost. I wouldn't like to watch that stuff every week, but on a horses for courses basis, big round of applause for Mr G Monk. Quick, someone write him a letter.

More than happy for them to do it away from home though?

Our away results have actually been good this season. 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses from
Man United, Chelsea, Everton, Stoke and Sunderland ain't bad going
Excellent point on 09:50 - Nov 2 with 792 viewsjack247

Excellent point on 22:56 - Nov 1 by Jokeren1943

I tend to like when we played from the back in a style never seen in the PL before.

We have completely lost our possession style. We play much more as the rest of the teams in the Premier League. It is a bit of a shame. Think it was a part people liked about Swansea.

Give all the control of the match to the opponent for all the match.

Has Swansea become boring to watch? - remembered when we totally blowed West Brom away.

Much more as a counterattack team this season. A shame with Ki, Shelvey, Gylfi (instead of Michu) we should still have the gift of possession football.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 23:02]

When we played that style of football away (we still do at home) we had Leon shielding the back four and nowhere near the quality up front we do now. Both Gylfi and Bony can create chances from nothing and are superb at playing each other/our wingers/Shelvey through. It makes sense to let teams come at us and try and hit them on the counter. It only seems to fall down when we are defending a lead and sit too deep, which eventually leads to Bony getting isolated then subbed and Gomis having the thankless task of competing for long balls without enough support.

Worth noting that our away games so far have been Utd, Chelsea, Sunderland, Stoke and Everton. All places we would probably have been happy with a point from. Especially when you factor the red cards into it. We have got 5 points from those games so have to be happy.

I think you may well see us play a more usual Swansea style away against the weaker teams. Especially when Leon is back as it will give whoever plays from Shelvey and Ki more licence to get forward
Excellent point on 09:54 - Nov 2 with 773 viewsmonmouth

Excellent point on 09:48 - Nov 2 by AngelRangelQS

More than happy for them to do it away from home though?

Our away results have actually been good this season. 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses from
Man United, Chelsea, Everton, Stoke and Sunderland ain't bad going

As I said, horses for courses. I think we should try and dominate some teams. I was disappointed with the Sunderland approach and the second half at Stoke as I thought both were there for the taking, but it's impossible to argue with a point a game away average (and a two point per game home average come to that).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Excellent point on 10:18 - Nov 2 with 730 viewsperchrockjack

It seems we ve been spoilt .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024