Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? 12:00 - Dec 7 with 4394 viewsBrightonhoop

I've yet to find a blinding Spanish cheese so will be doing more research in the days ahead. There's a great English butchers locally who does some fine English cheddars including Sussex Black Bomber and other oak and apple aged varieties but I suspect a Roquefort will be involved and stinky camembert.
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 12:29 - Dec 7 with 3250 viewsBromleyHoop

I recently stumbled upon a very cheeky Little French cheese in Tesco's. Unpasteurised cows milk, soft and very pungent. Cutting into it and taking a large nose full was like being transported to a cow shed. Reblochon. I loved it and I think you will too!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:10 - Dec 7 with 3210 viewskensalriser

You're in Spain and you can't find a good Spanish cheese? You're blind, stupid or mental!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:13 - Dec 7 with 3206 viewsHantsR

Christmas is the time to worship the baby cheeses.

Sorry, I said this a couple of years ago - it's the only joke I know
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:18 - Dec 7 with 3202 viewsDeptfordR

Manchego or Mahon cheese is the nuts!! Look it up man!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:21]
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:26 - Dec 7 with 3181 viewsjohncharles

Montagnolo Affine.
Shame it's got a poncy name and it's expensive and it's German....
But,
it's delicious.

Strong and stable my arse.

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:37 - Dec 7 with 3167 viewsted_hendrix

Anyone who eats cheese is one weird oddball.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:52 - Dec 7 with 3144 viewsAgedR

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:37 - Dec 7 by ted_hendrix

Ted, shurely shome mishtake?

Blessed are the cheese makers

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 16:16 - Dec 7 with 3132 viewsaston_hoop

Had a fantastic cheese the other week. Tunworth it was called, apparently its made somewhere near Basingstoke. Was voted the best British cheese at some British cheese awards (How do I get to become a judge??). Hopefully the Spanish territories have some excellent cheeses as they'll be my new home from January!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 16:41 - Dec 7 with 3120 viewsrongould

Just had some of a well matured Sussex Olde from Ovett's in the new Brighton Market.
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 18:00 - Dec 7 with 3060 viewsDeptfordR

Tunworth is a bloody lovely cheese! Lady who makes it supplies my work (I am lucky enough to work for a fantastic butchers who also supply cheese)
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 19:17 - Dec 7 with 3012 viewseasthertsr

Stilton, Stilton, Stilton!
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 19:23 - Dec 7 with 3004 viewskensalriser

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 15:37 - Dec 7 by ted_hendrix

Cheeses will save you Ted.

You just have to accept them in your heart.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 19:50 - Dec 7 with 2980 viewsDWQPR

I enjoy a good ale with a bit of cheese and some decent strong pickled onions. Love it. Brighton, where abouts is the English butcher you speak of? Also anywhere you would recommend to get an English ale? Currently when I am over I restock at the Iceland store in Vera.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 20:06 - Dec 7 with 2973 viewsToast_R

Rotten Milk....

Kingston Xmas market. Loads of French cheeses, olives in wonderous marinades and great cured meats. Bought myself some sausage last year entwined with paprika and walnut. Goblet of the old Chianti, that's xmas sorted.

Whilst I think of it, anyone like Biltong? Asffar mate of mines brings me some his batch he makes and its rather good...with beer.
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 20:35 - Dec 7 with 2956 viewsloftboy

Mature cheddar with one of my dad's home pickled onions, can't be beaten ATAF

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 21:15 - Dec 7 with 2935 viewsPunteR

I've found a delicious red onion marmalade that goes with cheese in all its forms.
Yeh..you heard that right..red onion marmalade!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 21:31 - Dec 7 with 2925 viewsted_hendrix

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 19:23 - Dec 7 by kensalriser

Cheeses will save you Ted.

You just have to accept them in your heart.

Cheeses wont save me, I cannot be appeased and I flatly refuse to eat something that has come out of a cows tit or a goat for that matter that has been left to fester until its gone bloody off.
Within a few days of leaving a cows tit (or goat) milk should be deposited into a mug of steaming hot English tea and drank in an orderly fashion or sometimes added to a packet of Angel Delight (preferably raspberry flavour).
Milk.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 21:47 - Dec 7 with 2907 viewslondonscottish

Yes Ted, all very well, but what would cheeses do?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 22:19 - Dec 7 with 2881 viewswombat

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 21:31 - Dec 7 by ted_hendrix

Cheeses wont save me, I cannot be appeased and I flatly refuse to eat something that has come out of a cows tit or a goat for that matter that has been left to fester until its gone bloody off.
Within a few days of leaving a cows tit (or goat) milk should be deposited into a mug of steaming hot English tea and drank in an orderly fashion or sometimes added to a packet of Angel Delight (preferably raspberry flavour).
Milk.

Next weekend brings about the traditional how much cheese can I fit in he basket shopping trip , goats cheeses never find there way in but it's open season on the rest . Stinky Stilton with port Xmas eve , Xmas night a variety of cheese from cheddar strong as buggery some Swiss cheese which name escapes me but gorgeous , Boxing Day evening its both feet in eat as much as u can , slightly disrupted this year by the arsenal game though

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 22:41 - Dec 7 with 2872 viewsjohann28

For serious cheese lovers' xmas cheeseboards:

a) White Stilton
b) Blackstick Blue
c) Pont L'Eveque
d) St Nectaire
e) Somerset Brie
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 23:08 - Dec 7 with 2855 viewswombleR

on the 25th it'll be

St Nectaire
Cantal
Forme D'Ambert

washed down with a hefty Bordeaux. Pure joy
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 06:20 - Dec 8 with 2818 viewsade_qpr

Not a big cheese eater but have found a nice apricot and almond cream cheese that won't see the new year.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 08:06 - Dec 8 with 2794 viewsRs_Holy

12 month old Comte... Delish!
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 08:37 - Dec 8 with 2778 viewsElHoop

Snowdonia Red Devil for me. Miles ahead of the rest.
Is it too early to start a Xmas cheese board thread? on 08:39 - Dec 8 with 2777 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I have Cathedral City, cucumber and salad cream sarnies today.

Haven't bought Christmas fromage yet.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024