Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 39159 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 12:20 - Jan 19 with 1283 viewsjackonicko

Also agree it wasn't 4-4-2. It wasn't the Villareal set up, either.

I have genuinely no idea what formation it was meant to be, and for most of it it wasn't anything at all. We ended up with some weird 4-1-3-1-1 with Carroll as the holding, Gomis up top, Oliveira in the Siggy position, Siggy somewhere behind him and Routledge and Dyer hopeless but a bit wider.

The only positive I took from the game was that even though Carroll was having a 'mare out there, he never hid on the pitch and kept making himself available.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:26 - Jan 19 with 1270 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Now I have said to Darran a few times I think he should reign in, but no one can justify their behaviour by saying so and so does it too.

It's very Primary school, don't you think?

Saying that, if someone called me a gormless chump, I may have to agree.

Oh no Cat, it’s utterly contemptible and pathetically hypocritical to not have a consistent stance to posters behaviour. To pick and choose who they want to single out while condoning their friends equally bad behaviour. It says all you need to know about the “characters” in question.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 12:28 - Jan 19 with 1266 views_

Monk - Coward on 12:06 - Jan 19 by jackonicko

I've stayed away from posting about saturday's game, a little too shell-shocked on saturday night but by sunday evening it was pretty much out of my system. A bad day, but time to move on.

The post above pretty much sums it up for me.

However, the one thing I would say is it was a perfect storm largely of our own making. Tactics and team selection were patently wrong, and not with the benefit of hindsight.

Standing on the concourse before the game, all of us were baffled by the team picked. Yes, losing Britton was an unexpected blow, but that was an incredibly aggressive (foolhardy, as it turned out) team to put out against arguably the best team in the country.

As we dissected the team sheet before kick off, losses of 4-0 and 5-0 were rapidly predicted. Looking at the bench, our preferred XI was pretty much the team that finished the match, not started it. I cannot comprehend how Monk thought that was the best team to put out against Chelsea?

It was men against boys.

Going all the way back to the OP, Monk was conspicious by his absence on the touchline. We all commented on it during the game. Mourinho was often out of his technical area - sometimes over the touchline - trying to get his points across, shuffling things around, barking instructions - even at 4-0. Monk was uncharacteristically nowhere to be seen. At times like this, the last person you want to go into hiding is the man responsible.

Leadership is most important when things are going wrong, and there was a startling lack of leadership on saturday.

The East Stand (those that stayed, anyway) were epic in their support of the team, though. I was genuinely impressed by the volume of support, even after the fifth went in. Top job.

Superb post Jacko.

Monk - Coward on 12:31 - Jan 19 with 1257 views_

Monk - Coward on 12:15 - Jan 19 by Catullus

And that is exactly what I mean T, I can't see anything to disagree with there. Other than the last line because I don't know if he/she does or not!!

You're probably right mate.

He is more than likely a she.

Monk - Coward on 12:32 - Jan 19 with 1250 views_

Monk - Coward on 12:20 - Jan 19 by jackonicko

Also agree it wasn't 4-4-2. It wasn't the Villareal set up, either.

I have genuinely no idea what formation it was meant to be, and for most of it it wasn't anything at all. We ended up with some weird 4-1-3-1-1 with Carroll as the holding, Gomis up top, Oliveira in the Siggy position, Siggy somewhere behind him and Routledge and Dyer hopeless but a bit wider.

The only positive I took from the game was that even though Carroll was having a 'mare out there, he never hid on the pitch and kept making himself available.

He was a Trojan in the grand scheme of things and showed all the courage Monk didn't. (Or Siggy for that matter who was also diabolical)

Monk - Coward on 12:33 - Jan 19 with 1245 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 12:09 - Jan 19 by _

That it??

That's all you can say?

It wasn't 442 by the way, nothing like it. In fact, Siggy was virtually never in DM either. Only Tom Carroll held whatsover. Siggy and Oliviera were all over the shop but Oliviera was certainly nowhere near "up front" alongside a stranded Gomis. The midfield collapsed. It collapsed very, very early doors amid next to no pressure in fact. An awful loose ball from Siggy played in a greatful Oscar and bang, we were chasing the game.

We made a fist of it for 2 or 3 minutes and then inexplicably watched them spray the ball around like we do these days. In those 6, 7, 8 mins they created 4 good chances. Siggy, Oliviera were lost in the wilderness. They didn't know where to be, where to go and the very brief glimpses we saw of the ball they had no outlet whatsoever.

Who's fault is this then?
Why didn't we line up with our 3 in midfield in very defined positions close to each other?
Why didn't we close them down like lions? You know, the one thing inferior teams HAVE to do to compete with better teams?
Why did we go with Tiendali instead of a player who gets us on the ball through his passing and positioning game (Rangel) - See the 3rd goal when Fede looked up for the pass once, twice, third time and panicked a back pass back to Fabianski?
Why didn't Monk see the utter collapse and stop it there and then?
Why wait?
Why sit down and wish the ground would swallow him up when he stands the rest of the games?
Why no direction when they must have worked with this team and formation the week before?
Why Witney?
Why don't you grasp football?

I said nearer a 442 setup, but don't let facts get in your way.

Instead of telling posters to go away, I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you set up your own forum for you and your sycophants. You could call it the "I'm in love with t2c and am convinced I'm always right in my own mind" forum. You will be able to tell anyone who doesn't agree with you to go or even ban them.

You can batter Garry Monk to your heart's content then and the biggest plus of it all?

The reasonable people on this forum will be able to enjoy Planet Swans again without being subjected to your tedious rants and personal attacks.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 19 with 1229 viewsNeathJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:18 - Jan 19 by _

Will Neath Jack do this noble thing I wonder?

Or is he as full of cach as we think he is?

Fellow Jack my ass.

I certainly don't condone any Swansea fan speaking about a fellow Jack in that way, and certainly not in the way you speak to people and I don't think Darran should do either.

But then he has never spoken in that way about me in order for me to feel the need to respond directly.

You on the other hand make me embarrassed to be a member of this forum, something I have been in it's various guises since its inception. So do us all a favour and put your metaphorical plumage away for a while and stop speaking to fellow supporters as if they are inferior to you.
Monk - Coward on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 1199 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 12:15 - Jan 19 by _

Go away

You're pathetic, probably one of the few real cowards on here

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 1195 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 12:16 - Jan 19 by _

How much more construction do you need Wet Wipe?

Read the first 10 pages - all the constructive argument is there. Respond to any of it if you want or can?!

Sadly for you bully boy is most of your constructive comments are hidden in amongst the utter bile you spout

Monk - Coward on 12:53 - Jan 19 with 1186 viewsskippyjack

I'm sure I'm turning into the most rational poster on this board.. Concerned!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:04 - Jan 19 with 1144 viewswaynekerr55

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:04 - Jan 19 by _

No, No, no

Too much was made of our indifferent form after the cup win.

And nothing like as much should have been made about our fantastic exploits in Europe. See Everton.

How could too much be made about the form? We were dire

Although I will agree RE - European games and the lack of coverage

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 1131 views_

Hahaha what a bunch of mugs...

Laughable the lot of you. Probably never kicked a ball between you, apart from the gormless chump who was a weedy goalkeeper.

Witney's surpassed himself on here lately in his astounding analysis of Jack shit and the wet one must be Oldjacks thicker, more decrepit sibling I'd guess.

Monk not a coward but he hid away like a little girl.

Monk - Coward on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 1111 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 19 by _

Laughable the lot of you. Probably never kicked a ball between you, apart from the gormless chump who was a weedy goalkeeper.

Witney's surpassed himself on here lately in his astounding analysis of Jack shit and the wet one must be Oldjacks thicker, more decrepit sibling I'd guess.

Dont post here then

Or better still get a job

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Jan 19 with 1108 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:04 - Jan 19 by waynekerr55

How could too much be made about the form? We were dire

Although I will agree RE - European games and the lack of coverage

Laudrup had to deal with God knows how many extra games, travelling to far and away places, rotating a squad in an attempt to keep everyone fresh and ready and lots of injuries. He also needed to get Bony up to speed because in fairness he looked lost from August to October.

You have your right to your opinion, I'll stick to my facts.

Highest Premier League finish.
Major Cup winners. Wow, facking WOW!!!!
Into Europe for the first time in 30 odd years but this time and for our only time, legitimately and not due to us being Welsh and one of the best teams in Wales.

Oh those days.....

Monk - Coward on 13:29 - Jan 19 with 1058 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 13:08 - Jan 19 by _

"Monks not a coward" ?

'Beep beep beep' T2C backtracking !! Have the courage of your convictions, you're having a 'mare son!

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1053 viewsC_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Jan 19 by _

Laudrup had to deal with God knows how many extra games, travelling to far and away places, rotating a squad in an attempt to keep everyone fresh and ready and lots of injuries. He also needed to get Bony up to speed because in fairness he looked lost from August to October.

Into Europe for the first time in 30 odd years but this time and for our only time, legitimately and not due to us being Welsh and one of the best teams in Wales.

Oh those days.....

Far and away places such as Switzerland and Spain? We played a similiar amount of games as the season when we won the LC.

You're a year late to the party on this one.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk - Coward on 13:36 - Jan 19 with 1037 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk - Coward on 11:29 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Oh dear, the I've been supporting the team longer than you argument.

Well I'd expect you to know better, but obviously you don't. How long you've been going is irrelevant. I've been going over 40 years, but it doesn't make me right.....or wrong!!

Make a valid point or forget it.

I'm still not sure Monk was a coward, maybe he was just blown away, maybe he didn't know what to do? Which would be more worrying than anything else. A manager needs to be decisive, or his team can also get blown away whilst he dithers.

And boy, were we blown away!!

I suppose I should have expected this thread to descend into insults, tis the Planetswans way.
But as football is all about opinions and none of us really knows if we are right or wrong, why don't we all just grow up FFS!!!

Funnily enough, the older I get the less tolerant I am of dribbling f*ckwits.
Monk - Coward on 13:51 - Jan 19 with 1016 viewsGreatBritton

Monk - Coward on 12:53 - Jan 19 by skippyjack

I'm sure I'm turning into the most rational poster on this board.. Concerned!

Well said, Skip
Monk - Coward on 13:55 - Jan 19 with 1005 viewsskippyjack

Monk - Coward on 13:36 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Funnily enough, the older I get the less tolerant I am of dribbling f*ckwits.

Oi want a fight?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk - Coward on 13:58 - Jan 19 with 991 viewsperchrockjack

and Im managing to stay out of it ,which is worse.

There again, I asked a sensible question but it kinda got buried under the insult line

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:59 - Jan 19 with 993 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:30 - Jan 19 by C_jack

Far and away places such as Switzerland and Spain? We played a similiar amount of games as the season when we won the LC.

You're a year late to the party on this one.

Aye, omit Russia and Romania if it suits your dim argument.

Witney - Leave the football forum to football people. You're a facking embarrassment kid.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:06 - Jan 19 with 970 viewsWitneyjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:59 - Jan 19 by _

Witney - Leave the football forum to football people. You're a facking embarrassment kid.

Football people? Sorry , I didn't realise I was conversing with Sir Bobby Moore. Point proven as far as I'm concerned . Carry on playing up to your sycophants. As I have said before, you aren't interested i healthy debate, only imposing your beliefs on others. You are a bully Sir and I won't be bullied by you.

It's about time you grew up ,acted your age and realised you aren't always right and stopped the belittling comments. People might have a modicum of respect for you then.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:08 - Jan 19 with 964 viewsC_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:59 - Jan 19 by _

Ahh yes, out in Romania with a 4 goal advantage, and multiple changes from the team that got the job done at the Liberty.

1 game in 5 that could even loosely use the travel excuse , and even then it probably took them a maximum of 4 hours to get there on their chartered plane from Cardiff airport. They've spent longer on a bus to Norwich ffs.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2015 14:08]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:10 - Jan 19 with 951 viewstomdickharry

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Jan 19 by _

Oh those days.....

Spot on.
Monk - Coward on 14:10 - Jan 19 with 948 viewsperchrockjack

Witney..

Ive started a thread- a naughty one on non football so join in.
Sherbet dabs, liquorice comforts,bubblegum and black jacks as prize for best team

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024