Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Coward 17:02 - Jan 17 with 39154 views_

Sat down the whole game hiding and this defending without the ball bollocks needs to stop and now.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 11:02 - Jan 19 with 1386 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 10:53 - Jan 19 by whiterock

How can you call a manager a coward, whilst he's OUR manager, he will get my full 100% unequivocal support.

Absolutely. As I have said before, constructive criticism is ok but there are some on here who can't wait for Monk to slip up and make mistakes so they can get on at him.

Saturday was gutting but it's at times like this true fans 'support' the team. Support generally means through good and bad times.
Monk - Coward on 11:02 - Jan 19 with 1386 views_

Monk - Coward on 09:51 - Jan 19 by wetjack

So you've never seen Monk stand up and give encouragement to his team? Bullsh*t

You guess what you think he was thinking on Saturday just for drama?

You really are not a fan of this club, you jump on every opportunity to take a pop at the manager (and go into hiding when we win a few) and anyone that challenges you, you try and bully into submission by offering to meet them in a threatening kind of way

Vile, absolutely vile

Read it again thicko..

God there's some beauts on this site but this wet one is taking things to a whole new level.

Do one.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Monk - Coward on 11:06 - Jan 19 with 1370 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:02 - Jan 19 by Witneyjack

Absolutely. As I have said before, constructive criticism is ok but there are some on here who can't wait for Monk to slip up and make mistakes so they can get on at him.

Saturday was gutting but it's at times like this true fans 'support' the team. Support generally means through good and bad times.

Feel free to put some thought into what went wrong on Saturday. Feel free to put some feeling into it and call a spade a spade.

Can you though, you and the other wet brigade?

Monk - Coward on 11:07 - Jan 19 with 1368 viewsperchrockjack

Reading this thread and its all too predicable bilge, it takes me back to the time of sliding down Manselton racecourse ona piece of cardboard and then going to the Park to try to go up the Slide after someone had waxed it.

THIS is getting us nowhere at all..

If second coming ,warwick are right-and they may be, then Im not sure if I can see anything but gloom and doom at our club.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk - Coward on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 1357 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 10:59 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Oh dear - the "you want the Swans to lose" cliché favoured by the intellectually feeble. Tw@t.

Oh aye - here you go, thick c*nt...

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/page_15.htm

ps first game as a nipper c. 1962

Oh dear the old grammar police response to someone who cannot possibly offer anything back in a decent argument

Throw in a few swear words and you have the complete full house

Intellectually feeble you say. People in glass houses and all that

Knobcheese (how does that one work in your world, may as well come down to your level)

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

Monk - Coward on 11:21 - Jan 19 with 1333 viewsWitneyjack

Monk - Coward on 11:06 - Jan 19 by _

Feel free to put some thought into what went wrong on Saturday. Feel free to put some feeling into it and call a spade a spade.

Can you though, you and the other wet brigade?

I'll humour you against my better judgement. Saturday, I think Monk picked a couple of players in the wrong position e.g. Sigurdson in dm. We probably setup nearer a 442 than our usual formation. To balance that however we were without a number of players particularly in midfield for a number of reasons. We were also playing probably this year's Premier League Champions who for the first time in a number of matches were in top form.
However none of this makes Garry Monk a clown and deserving of some of the bile spouted on here the last few days.

He is the manager of our club and as such deserves our support for as long as he is here. Add to that his record as a player here. It seems that you and others have more respect for a journeyman manager who doesn't have 1% of the love for the club that GM does. I loved winning the COC but that has gone and supporting the club in the here and now is what we as a fan base should be doing.
The Chelsea game has gone, time to look forward and get behind the club.
Monk - Coward on 11:23 - Jan 19 with 1326 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk - Coward on 11:11 - Jan 19 by wetjack

Oh dear the old grammar police response to someone who cannot possibly offer anything back in a decent argument

Knobcheese (how does that one work in your world, may as well come down to your level)

Shouldn't you be w@nking your little dick over your poll, weasel?
Monk - Coward on 11:27 - Jan 19 with 1315 viewsNeath_Jack

Couple of points.

Monk got the tactics and team selection wrong.
We were without a number of first choice players.
Chelsea were outstanding.

That's about the long and short of it i reckon, a perfect storm if you like, for an absolute pasting, which is what we ended up with.

A chance against Blackburn to get their heads back up before another difficult game which i don't expect us to get anything from either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Coward on 11:29 - Jan 19 with 1309 viewsCatullus

Monk - Coward on 10:59 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Oh dear - the "you want the Swans to lose" cliché favoured by the intellectually feeble. Tw@t.

Oh aye - here you go, thick c*nt...

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/page_15.htm

ps first game as a nipper c. 1962

Oh dear, the I've been supporting the team longer than you argument.

Well I'd expect you to know better, but obviously you don't. How long you've been going is irrelevant. I've been going over 40 years, but it doesn't make me right.....or wrong!!

Make a valid point or forget it.

I'm still not sure Monk was a coward, maybe he was just blown away, maybe he didn't know what to do? Which would be more worrying than anything else. A manager needs to be decisive, or his team can also get blown away whilst he dithers.

And boy, were we blown away!!

I suppose I should have expected this thread to descend into insults, tis the Planetswans way.
But as football is all about opinions and none of us really knows if we are right or wrong, why don't we all just grow up FFS!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Monk - Coward on 11:35 - Jan 19 with 1291 viewsperchrockjack

Its why this site is corrosive and has been for a while.

Fans are turning inwards when we should be looking outwards and calling people "bent" vile, benefit cheats, c'COK sucker, weasel, etc etc doesn't exactly help.

Clearly, some posters see this board as their own mouthpiece, their pen!s even.

Some believe that anyone is interested in what they see as a good post- what the feck is that btw.

A good post is one with which another agrees. Simple.

"If you ask me"... another classic.. Well nobody is actually.

Just as well I don't post as much as I used to

Monk - Coward on 11:40 - Jan 19 with 1282 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 11:23 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

Shouldn't you be w@nking your little dick over your poll, weasel?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear you really don't like people challenging your constant moans do you

You were born in the late 1950s making you in your 50s and this is how you react on a public forum.

Keep them coming though if it makes you feel complete

Monk - Coward on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 1273 viewsperchrockjack

I was born early 1950.

First game 1957

We lost that too by 5 goals but we did score three

Monk - Coward on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 1274 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:11 - Jan 19 by wetjack

How come you came up with the username "wet"?

Facking suits you though, I have to say...

Monk - Coward on 11:44 - Jan 19 with 1267 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 11:42 - Jan 19 by _

Oh look, here is the other one joining in too

Neither of them constructive with their arguments but both completely knowing who we talk about when we talk about people wanting us to fail...

Bully boys of the keyboard variety

Monk - Coward on 11:49 - Jan 19 with 1261 viewsCatullus

Monk - Coward on 11:42 - Jan 19 by _

T2C, come on stick to the football posts. When you do, you make some very good points!!!
Wetjack, why get drawn in.

Warwick.....WHY, just why?
All of you make good points. It would be much more interesting if you did just that and avoided hurling insults. But it's mind numbingly boring trawling through all the sh!t to get to the points made.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Monk - Coward on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 1251 viewswetjack

Monk - Coward on 11:49 - Jan 19 by Catullus

T2C, come on stick to the football posts. When you do, you make some very good points!!!
Wetjack, why get drawn in.

Warwick.....WHY, just why?
All of you make good points. It would be much more interesting if you did just that and avoided hurling insults. But it's mind numbingly boring trawling through all the sh!t to get to the points made.

Spot on

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 1245 viewssixpenses

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:39 - Jan 18 by NeathJack

Posts like that to fellow Swansea City fans who simply don't hold the same viewpoint as you make me embarrassed to be perfectly honest.

Utterly contemtable.

Given you respond like that to someone calling you a gormless chump, quite a mild comment by the standards of this board

I am sure you would want to join we me now in totally condemning Darran for repeatedly calling me names like Vile C*nt when I am seldom less that polite
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:57 - Jan 19 with 1235 viewsCatullus

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 19 by sixpenses

Given you respond like that to someone calling you a gormless chump, quite a mild comment by the standards of this board

I am sure you would want to join we me now in totally condemning Darran for repeatedly calling me names like Vile C*nt when I am seldom less that polite

Now I have said to Darran a few times I think he should reign in, but no one can justify their behaviour by saying so and so does it too.

It's very Primary school, don't you think?

Saying that, if someone called me a gormless chump, I may have to agree.

Monk - Coward on 12:06 - Jan 19 with 1216 viewsjackonicko

Monk - Coward on 11:27 - Jan 19 by Neath_Jack

Couple of points.

Monk got the tactics and team selection wrong.
We were without a number of first choice players.
Chelsea were outstanding.

That's about the long and short of it i reckon, a perfect storm if you like, for an absolute pasting, which is what we ended up with.

A chance against Blackburn to get their heads back up before another difficult game which i don't expect us to get anything from either.

I've stayed away from posting about saturday's game, a little too shell-shocked on saturday night but by sunday evening it was pretty much out of my system. A bad day, but time to move on.

The post above pretty much sums it up for me.

However, the one thing I would say is it was a perfect storm largely of our own making. Tactics and team selection were patently wrong, and not with the benefit of hindsight.

Standing on the concourse before the game, all of us were baffled by the team picked. Yes, losing Britton was an unexpected blow, but that was an incredibly aggressive (foolhardy, as it turned out) team to put out against arguably the best team in the country.

As we dissected the team sheet before kick off, losses of 4-0 and 5-0 were rapidly predicted. Looking at the bench, our preferred XI was pretty much the team that finished the match, not started it. I cannot comprehend how Monk thought that was the best team to put out against Chelsea?

It was men against boys.

Going all the way back to the OP, Monk was conspicious by his absence on the touchline. We all commented on it during the game. Mourinho was often out of his technical area - sometimes over the touchline - trying to get his points across, shuffling things around, barking instructions - even at 4-0. Monk was uncharacteristically nowhere to be seen. At times like this, the last person you want to go into hiding is the man responsible.

Leadership is most important when things are going wrong, and there was a startling lack of leadership on saturday.

The East Stand (those that stayed, anyway) were epic in their support of the team, though. I was genuinely impressed by the volume of support, even after the fifth went in. Top job.
Monk - Coward on 12:09 - Jan 19 with 1207 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:21 - Jan 19 by Witneyjack

I'll humour you against my better judgement. Saturday, I think Monk picked a couple of players in the wrong position e.g. Sigurdson in dm. We probably setup nearer a 442 than our usual formation. To balance that however we were without a number of players particularly in midfield for a number of reasons. We were also playing probably this year's Premier League Champions who for the first time in a number of matches were in top form.
However none of this makes Garry Monk a clown and deserving of some of the bile spouted on here the last few days.

He is the manager of our club and as such deserves our support for as long as he is here. Add to that his record as a player here. It seems that you and others have more respect for a journeyman manager who doesn't have 1% of the love for the club that GM does. I loved winning the COC but that has gone and supporting the club in the here and now is what we as a fan base should be doing.
The Chelsea game has gone, time to look forward and get behind the club.

That it??

That's all you can say?

It wasn't 442 by the way, nothing like it. In fact, Siggy was virtually never in DM either. Only Tom Carroll held whatsover. Siggy and Oliviera were all over the shop but Oliviera was certainly nowhere near "up front" alongside a stranded Gomis. The midfield collapsed. It collapsed very, very early doors amid next to no pressure in fact. An awful loose ball from Siggy played in a greatful Oscar and bang, we were chasing the game.

We made a fist of it for 2 or 3 minutes and then inexplicably watched them spray the ball around like we do these days. In those 6, 7, 8 mins they created 4 good chances. Siggy, Oliviera were lost in the wilderness. They didn't know where to be, where to go and the very brief glimpses we saw of the ball they had no outlet whatsoever.

Who's fault is this then?
Why didn't we line up with our 3 in midfield in very defined positions close to each other?
Why didn't we close them down like lions? You know, the one thing inferior teams HAVE to do to compete with better teams?
Why did we go with Tiendali instead of a player who gets us on the ball through his passing and positioning game (Rangel) - See the 3rd goal when Fede looked up for the pass once, twice, third time and panicked a back pass back to Fabianski?
Why didn't Monk see the utter collapse and stop it there and then?
Why wait?
Why sit down and wish the ground would swallow him up when he stands the rest of the games?
Why no direction when they must have worked with this team and formation the week before?
Why Witney?
Why don't you grasp football?

Monk - Coward on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 1199 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:29 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Oh dear, the I've been supporting the team longer than you argument.

Well I'd expect you to know better, but obviously you don't. How long you've been going is irrelevant. I've been going over 40 years, but it doesn't make me right.....or wrong!!

Make a valid point or forget it.

I'm still not sure Monk was a coward, maybe he was just blown away, maybe he didn't know what to do? Which would be more worrying than anything else. A manager needs to be decisive, or his team can also get blown away whilst he dithers.

And boy, were we blown away!!

I suppose I should have expected this thread to descend into insults, tis the Planetswans way.
But as football is all about opinions and none of us really knows if we are right or wrong, why don't we all just grow up FFS!!!

Do you think coward is too harsh a word?

Is that what is bothering the "good" people of Planet Swans?

Can we fairly canvass a more appropriate term maybe?

Can you start us off Cat?

Monk - Coward on 12:15 - Jan 19 with 1192 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:40 - Jan 19 by wetjack

Oh dear oh dear oh dear you really don't like people challenging your constant moans do you

You were born in the late 1950s making you in your 50s and this is how you react on a public forum.

Keep them coming though if it makes you feel complete

Go away

Monk - Coward on 12:15 - Jan 19 with 1192 viewsCatullus

Monk - Coward on 12:09 - Jan 19 by _

That it??

That's all you can say?

It wasn't 442 by the way, nothing like it. In fact, Siggy was virtually never in DM either. Only Tom Carroll held whatsover. Siggy and Oliviera were all over the shop but Oliviera was certainly nowhere near "up front" alongside a stranded Gomis. The midfield collapsed. It collapsed very, very early doors amid next to no pressure in fact. An awful loose ball from Siggy played in a greatful Oscar and bang, we were chasing the game.

We made a fist of it for 2 or 3 minutes and then inexplicably watched them spray the ball around like we do these days. In those 6, 7, 8 mins they created 4 good chances. Siggy, Oliviera were lost in the wilderness. They didn't know where to be, where to go and the very brief glimpses we saw of the ball they had no outlet whatsoever.

Who's fault is this then?
Why didn't we line up with our 3 in midfield in very defined positions close to each other?
Why didn't we close them down like lions? You know, the one thing inferior teams HAVE to do to compete with better teams?
Why did we go with Tiendali instead of a player who gets us on the ball through his passing and positioning game (Rangel) - See the 3rd goal when Fede looked up for the pass once, twice, third time and panicked a back pass back to Fabianski?
Why didn't Monk see the utter collapse and stop it there and then?
Why wait?
Why sit down and wish the ground would swallow him up when he stands the rest of the games?
Why no direction when they must have worked with this team and formation the week before?
Why Witney?
Why don't you grasp football?

And that is exactly what I mean T, I can't see anything to disagree with there. Other than the last line because I don't know if he/she does or not!!

Monk - Coward on 12:16 - Jan 19 with 1188 views_

Monk - Coward on 11:44 - Jan 19 by wetjack

Oh look, here is the other one joining in too

Neither of them constructive with their arguments but both completely knowing who we talk about when we talk about people wanting us to fail...

Bully boys of the keyboard variety

How much more construction do you need Wet Wipe?

Read the first 10 pages - all the constructive argument is there. Respond to any of it if you want or can?!

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:18 - Jan 19 with 1184 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Jan 19 by sixpenses

Will Neath Jack do this noble thing I wonder?

Or is he as full of cach as we think he is?

Fellow Jack my ass.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024