Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafferty 18:41 - Jan 17 with 6476 viewsTommoRAFC

If Andrew gets a thread for his cameo then Rafferty definitely deserves one. Shakey first ten minutes but excellent after that, narrowly missing out on MOM in my opinion. He's kicked on recently has as Camps who both deserve their places in the starting eleven at the moment!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Rafferty on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 5058 viewshxdale

Yeah totally agree..

Confidence is high for Raff, getting a good run in the team at the moment.
Getting into some fabulous space on the wing, taking players on in penalty box..
Working really hard...
Rafferty on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 4965 viewsShun

I didn't think he was that good today. He got forward quite a lot which was pleasing but I thought he let Crawley's winger past him too much in the second half.

Camps, though, was excellent again and my MOM.
Rafferty on 19:00 - Jan 17 with 4907 viewsD_Dale

And a mention for the LFB? If only for, as he's just tweeted, "Great win for the lads today against Crawley, over the moon with scoring my first professional goal."
Rafferty on 19:04 - Jan 17 with 4873 viewsinthenet

Agree proving this team has what it takes to securing a playoff place.

Rastrickblue

Rafferty on 19:07 - Jan 17 with 4848 viewsolympicdale

Rafferty on 18:55 - Jan 17 by Shun

I didn't think he was that good today. He got forward quite a lot which was pleasing but I thought he let Crawley's winger past him too much in the second half.

Camps, though, was excellent again and my MOM.

I thought Raff was quite cautious today, seemed allergic to crossing the ball when getting in good positions. not one of his better games, and as you say let their winger get past him too many times.

Camps is really taking to life in the first team, composed on the ball, the twist and turn away from 3 Crawley players in the first half was worth the admission fee alone.

Life is a game of fate.

Rafferty on 19:23 - Jan 17 with 4751 views442Dale

Rafferty didn't mark up properly for the Crawley goal. It was obvious before they even took the kick.

Bennett was my MotM, he's making that screening role in front of the back four his own.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rafferty on 19:58 - Jan 17 with 4630 viewsToffeemanc

Rafferty on 19:23 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

Rafferty didn't mark up properly for the Crawley goal. It was obvious before they even took the kick.

Bennett was my MotM, he's making that screening role in front of the back four his own.

Would agree with Bennett, he was my MOTM too. He has really improved for me this season and is a deceptively good player on the ball, he also has the physical presence and engine needed to make the holding role his own and it seems to be his best position in this team.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Rafferty on 20:01 - Jan 17 with 4614 viewsolympicdale

Bennett was my MOTM, brilliant again, him and Daws are owning the middle of the field.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Rafferty on 20:07 - Jan 17 with 4571 viewsdalebolt

Agreed thought Reece was excellent again today. Perfect position for him sat in front of the back four and dangerous going forward too.
Rafferty on 20:18 - Jan 17 with 4502 viewskirbys

There is a lot of talk about how bad Crawley were today - but not enough about how good Dale were. The engine room comprising Camps, Bennet and Dawson was awesome, completely dominating the middle of a difficult playing surface (no criticism of the hero's who shifted the snow or the efforts of the ground staff). For me that trio are as good a midfield as I have seen.
Rafferty on 20:20 - Jan 17 with 4494 viewsfrenzied

Beech was complimentary after the game about the performances of both Bennett and Camps..in Bennetts case its good that he is exploring varied roles within the team.

Camps constantly looks for the forward killer ball..needs to learn when just to keep possession ..it will all come with experience.
Rafferty on 20:26 - Jan 17 with 4450 viewsJimmyRustler

Bennett did pretty well today but still prefer him at RB instead of Rafferty. I don't think Rafferty is good enough for this team but that's obviously just my personal opinion.
Rafferty on 20:28 - Jan 17 with 4442 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Eh.....and no yellow card for Raff
Rafferty on 20:33 - Jan 17 with 4410 viewsBingoballs

Rafferty on 20:26 - Jan 17 by JimmyRustler

Bennett did pretty well today but still prefer him at RB instead of Rafferty. I don't think Rafferty is good enough for this team but that's obviously just my personal opinion.

Couldn't agree more.
Rafferty on 20:37 - Jan 17 with 4387 views442Dale

Rafferty on 20:26 - Jan 17 by JimmyRustler

I'd agree with that. It's not that Rafferty is a bad player, but he is what he is and isn't in the same class as a Wiseman or Bennett in that position. However, Bennett is wasted at RB right now.

Rafferty on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 4330 viewsYouTubeDale

I thought Bennett was MOTM too, just ahead of Tanser. He has quick feet, and looks frightening going forward, always available in the middle to receive a pass. Wins most of his headers and puts the tackles in at the back. Have we got this lad signed up for a very long time as well???

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Rafferty on 21:48 - Jan 17 with 4181 viewsD_Alien

Last season, a bit of a situation developed where Rhys wasn't happy playing RB so Hilly put him on the bench; apparently said he preferred playing CB. The holding role is the perfect position for him and the more he plays there the more accomplished he'll become.

Due to travel issues I couldn't make the game today unless it was guaranteed to be on first thing this morning. Gutted to miss it, but pleased to see the team being slightly re-shaped to become more versatile.

As for Rafferty, I'm willing the lad to develop further. After a very strong end to the promotion campaign, he had his confidence shaken when he came up against Campbell-Ryce at Bramall Lane, and still think he's finding his feet again.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rafferty on 22:09 - Jan 17 with 4118 viewspedrodale

Both Bennet and Raffs have mistakes in them, Bennet got a bollocking off Lillis for faffing about with the ball when he had plenty of oppertunity to clear it when Crawley were pressing , did it lead to thier goal? not sure.
Rafferty on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 4088 viewsR17ALE

Some quite harsh comments about Raff here. As one of the few Coleman imports who Hilly has decided to crack on with, he must have sommot about him.

For me, it's his improvement in anticipation that stands out. Time and again he cuts things out through good anticipation of a situation. Only Evans has been better in this respect for me. Obviously Joe cannot hold a candle to Evans overall, but if he keeps on improving....

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rafferty on 23:04 - Jan 17 with 3939 viewsTommoRAFC

Rafferty on 22:21 - Jan 17 by R17ALE

Some quite harsh comments about Raff here. As one of the few Coleman imports who Hilly has decided to crack on with, he must have sommot about him.

For me, it's his improvement in anticipation that stands out. Time and again he cuts things out through good anticipation of a situation. Only Evans has been better in this respect for me. Obviously Joe cannot hold a candle to Evans overall, but if he keeps on improving....

Was beginning to think it was only me seeing him putting in the quality last minute tackles, he should have had a penalty again in the first half too. Must be the Coleman link tainting the way people see him.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Rafferty on 23:22 - Jan 17 with 3891 views442Dale

Rafferty on 23:04 - Jan 17 by TommoRAFC

Was beginning to think it was only me seeing him putting in the quality last minute tackles, he should have had a penalty again in the first half too. Must be the Coleman link tainting the way people see him.

Nothing to do with Coleman for me, if it was surely the same would apply to Bennett? Defensively Rafferty is decent if he starts a game well and his reading of situations when covering is always pretty good. However, if he starts on the wrong foot (see the Sheff U game mentioned earlier in the thread and the silly free kicks given away v Fleetwood), he struggles a bit.

Not saying he's terrible at all, just that the team is slightly weaker when he's at RB instead of Bennett. But at the moment I'd rather have Bennettt where he is, and Rafferty was fine today.

Rafferty on 23:39 - Jan 17 with 3852 viewsRosun

I think I've said it before on a different thread but there is no competition for places for the right back spot. We were playing 3 at the back today with Rafferty and Tanser playing wing back roles. It's what we should be doing at home, taking the game to the opposition. My concern is that when the opposition make changes we don't seem to alter our game plan unless injuries take account.
I'm not knocking Keith Hill but he seems inflexible despite the fluid changes that happen over 90 minutes, almost a case of here's my best 11, I'll stick with it. When the unenforced changes come (to run the clock down) it's normally like for like.
Rafferty on 01:09 - Jan 18 with 3752 viewsrochdale1

Had a good overall game, but needs to think quicker sometimes. Got caught out a couple of times 1st half
Rafferty on 01:38 - Jan 18 with 3721 viewsdale_spotland

Rafferty on 23:04 - Jan 17 by TommoRAFC

From where I was sat that penalty incident looked like a blatant dive!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Rafferty on 03:06 - Jan 18 with 3692 viewsRespectTheChemistry

I'm not sure Bennett would necessarily be wasted at right back. Whether it's the case that he's not happy playing there or Hilly prefers having him in midfield, he is doing very well in his current role and is steadily developing in to a fine player who can play in a number of positions.

As for Rafferty, I think he's got the attributes to succeed at this level but the old inconsistencies persist, i.e. losing concentration when defending and playing a poor final ball when in a good attacking position. He's not a bad player and it would be harsh to criticise him after 3 straight wins, but I believe he is one of the weaker links in the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024