Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday 10:31 - Feb 5 with 7177 viewsbosh67

How about

There's Only one Clarke Carlisle

sung by us all at the ground on saturday on 5 minutes!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 3879 viewsSpiritofGregory

No.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:37 - Feb 5 with 3877 viewsWatford_Ranger

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:35 - Feb 5 by SpiritofGregory

No.

Agreed.

Glad the bloke survived but don't like him personally. I felt he treated this club shabbily after what it did for him.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:40 - Feb 5 with 3857 viewspomanjou

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:37 - Feb 5 by Watford_Ranger

Agreed.

Glad the bloke survived but don't like him personally. I felt he treated this club shabbily after what it did for him.

Sounds about right.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:40 - Feb 5 with 3853 viewsRANGERS4EVER

His history with the club has little to do with the situation. It is more a sign of respect. I don't care how he treated the club, the guy is obviously in a poor position and probably needs all the support to get him through it.

Would be a nice gesture from the fans and club, what harm can it do?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:45 - Feb 5 with 3829 viewsSpiritofGregory

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:40 - Feb 5 by RANGERS4EVER

His history with the club has little to do with the situation. It is more a sign of respect. I don't care how he treated the club, the guy is obviously in a poor position and probably needs all the support to get him through it.

We need to support the team 100% on Saturday nevermind Clarke Carlisle.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:54 - Feb 5 with 3795 viewsQPunkR

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:40 - Feb 5 by RANGERS4EVER

Are you gonna sing the same for anyone who ever does anything?

QPR - "shit but local"

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:54 - Feb 5 with 3792 viewssimmo

Plus we already did that, might have been the Palace game? Put his pic up on the 'big screen' and offered our applause.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:57 - Feb 5 with 3777 viewsdaveB

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 10:37 - Feb 5 by Watford_Ranger

Agreed.

Never understood this, how did he treat us poorly? He helped get us up and we sold him so he could go back up north to his family. A year later his circumstances changed and he moved to Watford. Not sure what he did wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:20 - Feb 5 with 3716 viewsNoDiddley

Went on the pi55 with Richard Langley too many times.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:27 - Feb 5 with 3692 viewsdanehoop

I am just a bit baffled. He has been selfish in the extreme by his actions. He has had and wasted a small fortune and opportunity by his own actions. I am sorry that he ended up in that position and I hope he genuinely gets in to a better head space than he is currently in. But... I dont necessarily feel that level of attachment or need to respond in the way you suggest Bosh. Perhaps I am just cold hearted about this. Sorry.

Never knowingly understood

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:40 - Feb 5 with 3624 viewspaulparker

No
we don't even clap macca or sing his name on every 5 minutes , now there was a true rangers man , these things should be done for proper legends of the club not guys who played a couple of seasons

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:41 - Feb 5 with 3625 viewsHarps1609

I think he was treated poorly by the club at a time he needed help and support. He went into rehab and he had he wages halved by us!!
Obviously he didn't do himself any favours, but everyone makes mistakes.
I liked him and hope he makes a full recovery, both mentally and physically!!
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 3625 viewsA40Bosh

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:27 - Feb 5 by danehoop

I am just a bit baffled. He has been selfish in the extreme by his actions. He has had and wasted a small fortune and opportunity by his own actions. I am sorry that he ended up in that position and I hope he genuinely gets in to a better head space than he is currently in. But... I dont necessarily feel that level of attachment or need to respond in the way you suggest Bosh. Perhaps I am just cold hearted about this. Sorry.

Dane, no your not, and I get where you are coming from.

However, if people accept that whilst he is by no means an angel, he is a complex character, who because of the life and luxuries his profession afforded him, has had a more high profile and public fall from grace due to a combination of his personality and his mental health issues. There are thousands of CC out there, if not 10s of thousands, all falling under the radar and all let down by a health service which is not geared up to cope with mental health patients and their issues because it would mean aircraft hanger sized mental health wards full to the brim of adults, adolescents and children affected by what is still largely a socially taboo illness.

He is one of the many who need help and as importantly need to help themselves through acceptance of their underlying problems.

If CC were to hear a section of a crowd chanting his name, then all that will do is show him that people do care and want to support him. It is often those little gestures that people with mental health issues need to remind that that they are not a completely worthless piece of crap who is better off dead rather than be a drain on all those around them and society.

Supporting the guy is supporting more than CC, it is supporting mental health awareness and not jut writing off a spoilt ex-player who could not handle his large paychecks and blew the lot.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:50 - Feb 5 with 3585 viewsBedford_R

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:43 - Feb 5 by A40Bosh

Dane, no your not, and I get where you are coming from.

However, if people accept that whilst he is by no means an angel, he is a complex character, who because of the life and luxuries his profession afforded him, has had a more high profile and public fall from grace due to a combination of his personality and his mental health issues. There are thousands of CC out there, if not 10s of thousands, all falling under the radar and all let down by a health service which is not geared up to cope with mental health patients and their issues because it would mean aircraft hanger sized mental health wards full to the brim of adults, adolescents and children affected by what is still largely a socially taboo illness.

He is one of the many who need help and as importantly need to help themselves through acceptance of their underlying problems.

If CC were to hear a section of a crowd chanting his name, then all that will do is show him that people do care and want to support him. It is often those little gestures that people with mental health issues need to remind that that they are not a completely worthless piece of crap who is better off dead rather than be a drain on all those around them and society.

Supporting the guy is supporting more than CC, it is supporting mental health awareness and not jut writing off a spoilt ex-player who could not handle his large paychecks and blew the lot.

Well said....

RMH_R Reborn

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:55 - Feb 5 with 3567 viewsSpiritofGregory

No he has had enough chances. Ever though that all the mollycoddling and wrapping him up in cotton wool (QPR/Northampton/FA/BBC) is actually doing him and others more harm?

I commend Ralf Little for his straight talking Twitter posts.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:01 - Feb 5 with 3537 viewsQPunkR

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:55 - Feb 5 by SpiritofGregory

No he has had enough chances. Ever though that all the mollycoddling and wrapping him up in cotton wool (QPR/Northampton/FA/BBC) is actually doing him and others more harm?

Honest question here - has Carlisle publicly apologised to the lorry driver in any of his interviews?

QPR - "shit but local"

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:14 - Feb 5 with 3485 viewsSpiritofGregory

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:01 - Feb 5 by QPunkR

Honest question here - has Carlisle publicly apologised to the lorry driver in any of his interviews?

No, he hasn't.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:17 - Feb 5 with 3483 viewsnadera78

His wife has apologised, not sure if Clarke has.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:18 - Feb 5 with 3475 viewsnadera78

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 11:55 - Feb 5 by SpiritofGregory

I hope you are never afflicted with mental health problems.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:20 - Feb 5 with 3458 viewsA40Bosh

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:14 - Feb 5 by SpiritofGregory

No, he hasn't.

More importantly has he apologised to the lorry driver in private?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:24 - Feb 5 with 3438 viewsbosh67

When Carlisle was at QPR he had family, depression and alcohol problems. His family were living up north, he had a lot of mental demons, took to the bottle, affected his game and if there's one person that was grateful for the support of the QPR faithful it's him.

Personally I go by the motto that you never leave one of your own behind. If people want to do it, great. I will. It' not compulsory though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:37 - Feb 5 with 3379 viewsSpiritofGregory

Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:20 - Feb 5 by A40Bosh

More importantly has he apologised to the lorry driver in private?

We would know about it if he had.

He has had a lot of help and chances, much more than your average member of the public suffering from mental health issues. It's not as if I am dismissing him out of hand. I don't feel comfortable chanting his name when he has had so many chances, imagine how the lorry driver and their loved ones would feel.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 3337 viewsYorkRanger

The guy clearly has a lot of problems. It would be humane to recognise that and the gesture of singing his name to hopefully help lift his self belief, confidence etc doesnt seem a lot to ask....
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:47 - Feb 5 with 3332 viewsSaycey

I personally think it's going to be too divisive. I really like Clarke and am highly sympathetic to what he's going through.

Also I do kind of agree that there is a bit too much of minute's applauses and chants on x minutes. Whilst there should be no cap on compassion, we are there to watch a game of football, not to gather to mark the latest misfortune to befall someone we know.

There are times when it is right. Clarke is lucky to have survived but still has many demons to face. I personally support him but another public show of support I feel is a step too far.
Clarke Carlisle - commentating on Absolute Radio/Saturday on 12:51 - Feb 5 with 3292 viewsJigsore

are you Katie Hopkins in disguise?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024