Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now 11:20 - Feb 12 with 12464 viewsMyFinalHeaven

for having turned down Ronald Koeman last year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26554276
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 5:42]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:21 - Feb 12 with 5622 viewsQuakerJack

The worst thing is, he's probably not...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:23 - Feb 12 with 5606 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No, for selling Bony and buying Gomis thinking he could do Bony's job.
But the club has £25M in the bank, so he probably doesn't even regret that.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:25 - Feb 12 with 5605 viewsConcerned_Parent

I don't think HJ has made many major mistakes as our chairman, but he really screwed up on that one. When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club, I haven't clue in the world how you could possibly say no.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:27 - Feb 12 with 5594 viewsJackanapes

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:25 - Feb 12 by Concerned_Parent

I don't think HJ has made many major mistakes as our chairman, but he really screwed up on that one. When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club, I haven't clue in the world how you could possibly say no.

"When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club"

Could be describing Laudrup there.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:29 - Feb 12 with 5582 viewsJackanapes

I wonder what Monk would have been able to do with £40m brought in from two youth players developed in our top tier academy.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:36 - Feb 12 with 5550 viewsjruss1

Most people dismissed Koeman as an option because he’s the big name ex player that had caused us problems before (Not just Laudrup but Sousa as well).

Huw was absolutely right not to employ for this reason alone, and 90% of this board agreed with it at the time.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:39 - Feb 12 with 5541 viewsMagic_Michu

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:27 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

"When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club"

And Laudrup brought us our first ever major trophy, European football and Wilfried Bony.

I'd do that again!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:39 - Feb 12 with 5538 viewsConcerned_Parent

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:27 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

Well that's a completely different story because he didn't turn Laudrup down.
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:41 - Feb 12 with 5530 viewsJackanapes

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:39 - Feb 12 by Magic_Michu

And Laudrup brought us our first ever major trophy, European football and Wilfried Bony.

I'd do that again!

And left us a shambling mess.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:41]

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:42 - Feb 12 with 5517 viewsConcerned_Parent

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:41 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

And left us a shambling mess.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:41]

Do people actually believe this? When he left he had already assembled a talented squad, and we ended up staying up comfortably, 9 points above the drop zone.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:43]
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:43 - Feb 12 with 5514 viewsLeonisGod

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:36 - Feb 12 by jruss1

Most people dismissed Koeman as an option because he’s the big name ex player that had caused us problems before (Not just Laudrup but Sousa as well).

Huw was absolutely right not to employ for this reason alone, and 90% of this board agreed with it at the time.

Yep, at the time he was never going to be considered because of the reasons you mention. That news of his approach didn't get a positive response on here either if I remember correctly.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:43 - Feb 12 with 5510 viewsJackanapes

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:42 - Feb 12 by Concerned_Parent

Do people actually believe this? When he left he had already assembled a talented squad, and we ended up staying up comfortably, 9 points above the drop zone.

Shall I dig up somethreads from last season. No. Do it yourself.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:44 - Feb 12 with 5503 viewsJackanapes

x100

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:45 - Feb 12 with 5499 viewsMyFinalHeaven

But who's to say Koeman would have caused any problems? Jenkins just wanted someone he could control, someone he could keep on a leash. And what better than a former player.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:46]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:48 - Feb 12 with 5487 viewsJackanapes

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:45 - Feb 12 by MyFinalHeaven

But who's to say Koeman would have caused any problems? Jenkins just wanted someone he could control, someone he could keep on a leash. And what better than a former player.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:46]

Whos to say he wouldnt have caused any problems. Dealing in hypotheticals works both ways. He might have caused lots of problems.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:59 - Feb 12 with 5451 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:48 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

Whos to say he wouldnt have caused any problems. Dealing in hypotheticals works both ways. He might have caused lots of problems.

Soton fans were calling him all sorts when he lost 6 and went out of he cup at Sheff U too.....and they seem to have run out of steam now,

I wish we'd gone for Pelle rather than Gomis mind, but I doubt that was Koehman's pick. They have a very good academy and scouting system, and I'd rather we aspired to that than heir big name manager, who will be offski in the summer at the first sniff of something 'better'. Everton, if el waiter doesn't get his act together.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 12:00]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:03 - Feb 12 with 5432 viewsJackanapes

If I had more of an inclination I would dig a little deeper into my suspicions that some of the people who are lionizing Laudrup were actively calling him out little over a year ago.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:07 - Feb 12 with 5418 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:59 - Feb 12 by monmouth

Soton fans were calling him all sorts when he lost 6 and went out of he cup at Sheff U too.....and they seem to have run out of steam now,

I wish we'd gone for Pelle rather than Gomis mind, but I doubt that was Koehman's pick. They have a very good academy and scouting system, and I'd rather we aspired to that than heir big name manager, who will be offski in the summer at the first sniff of something 'better'. Everton, if el waiter doesn't get his act together.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 12:00]

...that was 100% Koeman's pick. Koeman was his manager when he played at Feyenoord and one of the first players he signed once he joined the Saints.

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:12 - Feb 12 with 5382 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:07 - Feb 12 by MyFinalHeaven

...that was 100% Koeman's pick. Koeman was his manager when he played at Feyenoord and one of the first players he signed once he joined the Saints.

Fair enough. Doesn't change my general view.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:14 - Feb 12 with 5369 viewssomersetsimon

You're right. It's pretty much guaranteed that, if a manager has been successful at one club, he will be successful at any other club he manages.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:35 - Feb 12 with 5299 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:14 - Feb 12 by somersetsimon

You're right. It's pretty much guaranteed that, if a manager has been successful at one club, he will be successful at any other club he manages.

David Moyes as an example that it doesn't necessarily work.
And then of course there is the small matter of available Budgets.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:40 - Feb 12 with 5284 viewsskippyjack

People slate Laudrup.. he's one of our greatest managers ever..

We knocked Liverpool and Chelsea out of the Cup
Beat Arsenal away
Won us a trophy
Signed Bony, Michu
Beat Valencia in Europe

Laudrup was hardly the disaster you all make out.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:45 - Feb 12 with 5268 viewsLeonisGod

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:42 - Feb 12 by Concerned_Parent

Yes, and ask yourself why we stayed up. Something I posted yesterday looking at our points tally over the last couple of seasons:

ML:
2012-13 before cup win (27 games) = 1.37 pts per game average
2012-13 after cup win (11 games) = 0.82 pts/ game (clear relegation form)
2013-14 first 24 games = 0.96 pts / game (borderline relegation form)

GM:
2013-14 last 14 games = 1.29 pts / game
2014-15 so far 1.43 pts / game
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:52 - Feb 12 with 5237 viewsthereisnospoon

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:45 - Feb 12 by LeonisGod

Yes, and ask yourself why we stayed up. Something I posted yesterday looking at our points tally over the last couple of seasons:

ML:
2012-13 before cup win (27 games) = 1.37 pts per game average
2012-13 after cup win (11 games) = 0.82 pts/ game (clear relegation form)
2013-14 first 24 games = 0.96 pts / game (borderline relegation form)

GM:
2013-14 last 14 games = 1.29 pts / game
2014-15 so far 1.43 pts / game

these stats are so skewed and nitpicked to make Laudrup look bad. you might as well just do some bs like "games won under Laudrup where we won despite scoring no goals: 0"

what a load of rubbish
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:55 - Feb 12 with 5221 viewsthereisnospoon

and plus you didn't even do your math right. right now for the 14/15 season Monk's got 34 points from 25 games. that's 1.36 points/game (34/25), not 1.43
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024