Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey Tonight 18:47 - Sep 5 with 6964 viewsunion_jack

admittedly I've only been flicking in and out of the England game (there have been Wakes v Italy, Johanna Konta and the ODI which have all received my partial attention) but he looks very disinterested. Great for us of course as he's less likely to pick up an injury but has Woy confined him a little, making his role very defined or doesn't he give one? I thought he'd try a long range or something but just no risk passing on offer.

.????
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 18:54]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Shelley Tonight on 18:48 - Sep 5 with 5721 viewsItchySphincter

The boy done good.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shelley Tonight on 18:52 - Sep 5 with 5679 viewsepaul

Has Hwyel Bennett made a new series, not been on tv in a hell of a long time

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Shelley Tonight on 18:53 - Sep 5 with 5677 viewsunion_jack

Shelley Tonight on 18:48 - Sep 5 by ItchySphincter

The boy done good.

Not necessarily disputing that, this is not a criticism of him and I'm a big fan of his and have been from the start. I just think his role has been clipped from what we are used to seeing but wanted views from others who will have seen more of the game than myself.

Shelley Tonight on 18:54 - Sep 5 with 5658 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shelley Tonight on 18:55 - Sep 5 with 5627 viewsunion_jack

Shelley Tonight on 18:54 - Sep 5 by Darran

Just changed it but spellcheck turned it back😀

Anyway, was his performance poetry or not?

Shelvey Tonight on 18:58 - Sep 5 with 5588 viewsplasjack

Controlled midfield and made decisive passes plus no injury.
Shelley Tonight on 19:00 - Sep 5 with 5572 viewsDarran

Shelley Tonight on 18:55 - Sep 5 by union_jack

Just changed it but spellcheck turned it back😀

Anyway, was his performance poetry or not?

Played well.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shelley Tonight on 19:09 - Sep 5 with 5473 viewsPozuelosSideys

Shelley Tonight on 19:00 - Sep 5 by Darran

Played well.

Was asked to play a bit deep for my liking. But hey-ho. Decent performance.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Shelley Tonight on 19:12 - Sep 5 with 5443 viewsNeath_Jack

Shelley Tonight on 19:09 - Sep 5 by PozuelosSideys

Was asked to play a bit deep for my liking. But hey-ho. Decent performance.

Woy just said that's where he see's him playing for England.

Also said he deserves a special mention for a faultless (think that was the word he used) performance.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shelvey Tonight on 19:14 - Sep 5 with 5416 viewssully49

I thought he had a decent game, he most certainly hasn't done his England cause any harm whatsoever. He looked comfortable on the ball and his passing was pretty good too, very Swan's like at times. Woy and the panel are singing his praises. Well played JJ.
IMHO he will be in the squad for Euro 2016.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 19:36]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Shelvey Tonight on 19:21 - Sep 5 with 5344 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Some great passes by Jonjo and the one to Harry Kane was typical of what he does for the Swans, splitting the defence with a perfectly weighted through ball. Which allowed Kane to open his scoring with a lovely chip over the goalie. You could see how much Kane appreciated it.
He was their Central Controlling player with most of the good attacks starting with him.
My only disappointment was that Jonjo didn't smack a few at the goal.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2015 19:24]
Shelley Tonight on 19:38 - Sep 5 with 5238 viewsItchySphincter

Shelley Tonight on 18:53 - Sep 5 by union_jack

Not necessarily disputing that, this is not a criticism of him and I'm a big fan of his and have been from the start. I just think his role has been clipped from what we are used to seeing but wanted views from others who will have seen more of the game than myself.

England forwards are not dynamic enough for him. He normally has the choice of Ayew, Gomis, Montero all making quality runs of the ball but today he didn't have much to work with.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shelvey Tonight on 19:39 - Sep 5 with 5223 viewsOldjack

Faultless performance along with pass of the night

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Shelvey Tonight on 19:44 - Sep 5 with 5178 viewsbishjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/san-marino-0-6-england-6388

Man of the match apparently

Poll: Which CB should join Ash in defence ?

Shelvey Tonight on 19:47 - Sep 5 with 5151 viewsAnotherJohn

I thought JJS was man of the match tonight, just as Ash was against Cyprus - great to see two of our players doing so well.
Shelvey Tonight on 21:38 - Sep 5 with 4782 viewsSwansNZ

Shelvey Tonight on 19:44 - Sep 5 by bishjack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/san-marino-0-6-england-6388

Man of the match apparently

BBC has him as man of the match too.

Did a very good job, albeit against poor opposition.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Shelvey Tonight on 22:59 - Sep 5 with 4550 viewsEdmundo

Shelvey Tonight on 19:47 - Sep 5 by AnotherJohn

I thought JJS was man of the match tonight, just as Ash was against Cyprus - great to see two of our players doing so well.

As well as Siggy scoring the winner against Holland 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Shelvey Tonight on 23:50 - Sep 5 with 4435 viewsSkipTheJack

A faultless performance from Shelvey, with several incisive passes that were weren't controlled by teammates on a dodgy pitch.

He did seem very restrained compared to his usual dynamic performances for the Swans, but none of the England players needed to get out of first gear against awful opposition. He was also playing a much deeper role than we're used to seeing.

It's how he does against Switzerland next week that will determined his involvement in future games. Players from smaller clubs are always one poor game away from being dropped by England, whilst the likes of Milner can play as bad as he did today and still know he'll get picked next time.
Shelvey Tonight on 23:57 - Sep 5 with 4421 viewsairedale

Nice to see Jonlo get a mention........

http://soccersouls.com/2015/09/06/arsenal-manchester-united-ex-liverpool-stars-m
Shelvey Tonight on 00:17 - Sep 6 with 4366 viewsPozuelosSideys

Shelvey Tonight on 23:57 - Sep 5 by airedale

Nice to see Jonlo get a mention........

http://soccersouls.com/2015/09/06/arsenal-manchester-united-ex-liverpool-stars-m

Aye. Mentioned as "ex-Liverpool" rather than "Swansea". Tw@ts.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Shelvey Tonight on 04:14 - Sep 6 with 4184 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Shelvey Tonight on 00:17 - Sep 6 by PozuelosSideys

Aye. Mentioned as "ex-Liverpool" rather than "Swansea". Tw@ts.

C*nts
Shelvey Tonight on 08:52 - Sep 6 with 3976 viewsDr_Winston

Best player on the park from the stuff I've seen, although that park could have been Paradise judging by the state of the pitch.

Lovely pass through for Katrina too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shelvey Tonight on 08:54 - Sep 6 with 3969 viewsJackanapes

Faultless performance not good enough for Swansea supporter... read all about it.....

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Shelvey Tonight on 11:14 - Sep 6 with 3777 viewsWhiterockin

The first 10 minutes he was clumsy when blocking players and could easily have been booked. After that he played 10yds deeper and had the freedom of the park. Everything and I mean everything went through Shelvey. None of the opposition pressed him and he had all day to play his passes, I can't see this ever happening again. The pitch was terrible with through balls hitting divots which made it difficult for the players to control.

Listening to the pundits comments at half time and after the game they were surprised how good Shelvey is. The match commentators at one point compered him to Perlo. Defiantly man of the match and I expect him to get some game time against Switzerland and with a bit of luck they will pressurise him so that he can show what he really can do.

I hope that Shelvey making such an impression will open the door for Cork, but I am not holding my breath.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Shelvey Tonight on 12:21 - Sep 6 with 3673 viewsDafyddHuw

That appearance at a national level, together with Woy creaming himself over JJ's performance, should add a few £M to his price tag.
I hope his contract is in order and that there's a suitably high buy-out clause.

That £5M we paid Liverpool for him looks crazy now. £12M-£15M at today's prices anybody? The backroom staff at the Lib have worked wonders in turning his game around, fair dos.

[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 12:24]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024