Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Burton Albion away 14:15 - Sep 12 with 13607 viewsChaffRAFC

Lund back in the starting 11.

Lillis, Lancashire, McNulty, TK, Rafferty, Lund, Allen, McDermott, Vincenti, Hendo, Andrew

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:52 - Sep 12 with 3624 viewsD_Alien

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:49 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

Hill said a "sticky pitch" hampered our natural game and that we showed a lack of intelligence when seeking the equaliser. He said we were a bit too obvious and slightly desperate.

[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 17:52]

Sorry fitz, but I read that as "sticky patch" ... and with being too obvious and slightly desperate, sounds like a night out in a 70's nightclub than a football match!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:54 - Sep 12 with 3612 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:52 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

Sorry fitz, but I read that as "sticky patch" ... and with being too obvious and slightly desperate, sounds like a night out in a 70's nightclub than a football match!

Haha. A sticky patch only when we win!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:59 - Sep 12 with 3581 views442Dale

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:38 - Sep 12 by dingdangblue

The worry for me is Allen, McDermott and Camps - 3 players most responsible for our excellent start to the season are getting subbed off and not playing at all.

All three have had a dip in form. Doesn't mean they're playing badly, just that they haven't been as effective.

I'd always leave Allen on most of the time though as he keeps us ticking over. McDermott didn't look as effective since going out wide to allow Henderson to play behind Calvin (though I haven't gone today) while Camps is an impact player like Hery who will flit in and out of the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 18:09 - Sep 12 with 3544 viewsdalefan

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:59 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

All three have had a dip in form. Doesn't mean they're playing badly, just that they haven't been as effective.

I'd always leave Allen on most of the time though as he keeps us ticking over. McDermott didn't look as effective since going out wide to allow Henderson to play behind Calvin (though I haven't gone today) while Camps is an impact player like Hery who will flit in and out of the side.

For me we aren't as effective with Andrew in the side. Don't get me wrong I really like Andrew but if he starts it means Henderson drops back to the number 10 position which in turn means McDermott has to go out wide. We just don't look as effective with that set up, all of our early season promise was with Hendo up top and McDermot in the centre, not out wide.
However, in Hilly I trust
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 18:12 - Sep 12 with 3531 views442Dale

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 18:09 - Sep 12 by dalefan

For me we aren't as effective with Andrew in the side. Don't get me wrong I really like Andrew but if he starts it means Henderson drops back to the number 10 position which in turn means McDermott has to go out wide. We just don't look as effective with that set up, all of our early season promise was with Hendo up top and McDermot in the centre, not out wide.
However, in Hilly I trust

Though Henderson has been playing much better as a 10 than a 9. The other option is to play him wide and McDermott back in the centre.

As it is, I think there might be a change next week with McDermott on the bench.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 19:50 - Sep 12 with 3280 viewsRosun

1-0 to the referee and absolute joke of a linesman in front of the Dale seated fans.
The red should have booked himself for a challenge on Hendo. The Lino should've walked after not giving a foul on Josh.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 22:29]
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 20:31 - Sep 12 with 3179 viewsToffeemanc

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 15:02 - Sep 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just hope that Carl Boyesen has a good and fair game......we have had mixed fortunes with this sod.

He didn't, he was his usual inconsistent and shite and thought we had come to see him. A worse referee in the football league you will struggle to find.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 20:44 - Sep 12 with 3146 viewsmacro

But the ref was right in giving a free kick leading to their goal. Kennedy pushed their player, free kick given correctly. Only criticism I could have is not enough second half injury time.

Every match there are too many people who criticise the ref because of a lack of understanding of the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 20:54 - Sep 12 with 3110 viewsRosun

Don't get me started with subliminal time wasting too. Ball boys being pulled off, returned balls being diverted, slow return of balls after being hoofed out of the ground, even a steward getting in on the act. Maybe Burton could inherit Peterborough's mantle of the most 'professional' team in the league.
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 21:07 - Sep 12 with 3066 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 17:32 - Sep 12 by Shun

That was a classic Burton match. Take a 1-0 lead and sit on it. We've played them what, 9, 7 times in our history? And they've been exactly the same every time. All of those bar one have been losses by one goal. They looked quite good today but in the second half I think they only ventured out of their own half three times.

We played ok but never looked like scoring really. RNL looked good in an unfamiliar position when he came on, Alessandra and NML didn't do much.

I'not sure they sat on their lead. In the first half they were the best team we've played this season and attacked at will, particularly down our left.

After the interval we were much better and dominated possession, but tried to walk the ball in rather than taking the gamble of a shot.

Hill is right with his "disappointing" description.

As for the record, we've lost 4/4 there in the league and drawn once in the FA Cup.

At Spotland, we've lost twice and drawn once in the league, but beat them 3-0 in the FA Cup.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 21:13 - Sep 12 with 3043 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 20:54 - Sep 12 by Rosun

Don't get me started with subliminal time wasting too. Ball boys being pulled off, returned balls being diverted, slow return of balls after being hoofed out of the ground, even a steward getting in on the act. Maybe Burton could inherit Peterborough's mantle of the most 'professional' team in the league.

Ball boys being pulled off????

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 21:57 - Sep 12 with 2962 viewsRosun

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 21:13 - Sep 12 by TVOS1907

Ball boys being pulled off????

You know what I mean ... Conspicuous by their absence.
I always enjoy Burton away, decent fans, friendly stewards, park right outside the ground, sensible kiosk prices. Never seen an away win there though although Carlisle came close last year.
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 22:10 - Sep 12 with 2921 viewsToffeemanc

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 20:44 - Sep 12 by macro

But the ref was right in giving a free kick leading to their goal. Kennedy pushed their player, free kick given correctly. Only criticism I could have is not enough second half injury time.

Every match there are too many people who criticise the ref because of a lack of understanding of the game.

No dispute with the award of a free kick that lead to their goal.
Were you actually at the game? I ask because the foul was clearly by Rafferty not Kennedy? As for Boyeson interpreting it as blatant and worthy of a yellow card only he could explain that one.

The one challenge worthy of a yellow in the first half was Boyeson himself body checking Henderson leading to Burton having a counter attack and almost scoring.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 23:00 - Sep 12 with 2833 viewsmacro

Sorry I wasn’t very clear - Rafferty foul for the FK leading to the goal yes. The thing which annoyed me about the incident was their player was prone on the ground and as soon as the yellow card was brandished he jumped up no issue

People complained about free kick near the corner flag against TK, it was a foul.

Personally I reckon that Boyeson had a decent game as I said apart from not enough injury time in the second half.
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 09:27 - Sep 13 with 2568 viewsPDIDDY

Not happy is KH, dishonest players, sticky pitches, hoof ball to andrew . Bless

Gissa job

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 11:13 - Sep 13 with 2467 viewsD_Alien

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 09:27 - Sep 13 by PDIDDY

Not happy is KH, dishonest players, sticky pitches, hoof ball to andrew . Bless

Calm down dear

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 11:27 - Sep 13 with 2439 viewstazzydjr

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink tactics where very similar to Coleman's on Rochdale relegation season they didn't look like the side which dominated Rochdale 2/3 seasons back and their debut season

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 11:52 - Sep 13 with 2410 viewsYouTubeDale

I'm fed up with the number of times McDermott takes a corner and it goes too long, with nobody to receive it out wide. It's getting boring now. Someone of his ability should be doing much better. These kind of matches with a 1 - nil scoreline are marginal and we need to get every aspect of our game together.

For the free-kick which lead to their goal, I would have defended it more like a corner and stuffed the goal-mouth with players. Instead, we gave them a 50:50 chance of someone getting a touch on the ball resulting in the eventual winner.

They had an early shot which went well wide of the post and a free-kick which went out of play. Poor play, thank God.

Our main tactic was to pick out Andrew, going long. To his credit he won the ball nearly every time and was able to direct his header or control it with his feet. It just didn't quite come off for him. Sometimes, there should have been another Dale shirt in support.

Hendo had a good shot blocked at the last second and in another incident the ball was shot across the goal with nobody anticipating it.

But for me, our passing, which is usually spot on was sloppy too many times. McDermott had a very simple pass but missed his man by a mile, Vincenti, on the break, making a pass which was easily intercepted, and so on...You can't afford too many incomplete passes against good opposition.

Their small Duffy was rightly named MOM. We couldn't deal with him. His ball control was excellent.

I liked the look of NML when he came on. He looked as though he meant business and had good ball control.

I thought the same as Keith, that as a whole, we were devoid of our usual character and rushed our play perhaps trying to hit Andrew too many times.

Perhaps we will get our "intelligence" back for the next match.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:01 - Sep 13 with 2396 viewsColDale

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 11:52 - Sep 13 by YouTubeDale

I'm fed up with the number of times McDermott takes a corner and it goes too long, with nobody to receive it out wide. It's getting boring now. Someone of his ability should be doing much better. These kind of matches with a 1 - nil scoreline are marginal and we need to get every aspect of our game together.

For the free-kick which lead to their goal, I would have defended it more like a corner and stuffed the goal-mouth with players. Instead, we gave them a 50:50 chance of someone getting a touch on the ball resulting in the eventual winner.

They had an early shot which went well wide of the post and a free-kick which went out of play. Poor play, thank God.

Our main tactic was to pick out Andrew, going long. To his credit he won the ball nearly every time and was able to direct his header or control it with his feet. It just didn't quite come off for him. Sometimes, there should have been another Dale shirt in support.

Hendo had a good shot blocked at the last second and in another incident the ball was shot across the goal with nobody anticipating it.

But for me, our passing, which is usually spot on was sloppy too many times. McDermott had a very simple pass but missed his man by a mile, Vincenti, on the break, making a pass which was easily intercepted, and so on...You can't afford too many incomplete passes against good opposition.

Their small Duffy was rightly named MOM. We couldn't deal with him. His ball control was excellent.

I liked the look of NML when he came on. He looked as though he meant business and had good ball control.

I thought the same as Keith, that as a whole, we were devoid of our usual character and rushed our play perhaps trying to hit Andrew too many times.

Perhaps we will get our "intelligence" back for the next match.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree about the corners but I'd argue that it'd be worth sticking someone at the back of the box purely for that.

I thought we played alright yesterday, and thought we were worthy of a point. Calvin's inclusion always encourages the long ball, and its no fault of his, but when the much derided Joe Bunney plays we seem so much more balanced as a team.

Always used to be the case that fans would give former players stick, but we had Phil Edwards mouthing off at us following the goal in a Redshaw stylee, and SCS told the away end to fúck off at one point.
Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:17 - Sep 13 with 2373 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:01 - Sep 13 by ColDale

Agree about the corners but I'd argue that it'd be worth sticking someone at the back of the box purely for that.

I thought we played alright yesterday, and thought we were worthy of a point. Calvin's inclusion always encourages the long ball, and its no fault of his, but when the much derided Joe Bunney plays we seem so much more balanced as a team.

Always used to be the case that fans would give former players stick, but we had Phil Edwards mouthing off at us following the goal in a Redshaw stylee, and SCS told the away end to fúck off at one point.

Ironic, too, in that SCS would have become a Dale player again had Coleman remained in post.

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:18 - Sep 13 with 2370 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 11:27 - Sep 13 by tazzydjr

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink tactics where very similar to Coleman's on Rochdale relegation season they didn't look like the side which dominated Rochdale 2/3 seasons back and their debut season

They were nothing like a Coleman side and they looked better than the team from previous seasons.

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:29 - Sep 13 with 2353 viewsTVOS1907

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:17 - Sep 13 by fitzochris

Ironic, too, in that SCS would have become a Dale player again had Coleman remained in post.

What do you mean? Hill brought him in on loan after Coleman was sacked.

Or was Coleman thinking of signing him permanently?

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:32 - Sep 13 with 2347 viewsfitzochris

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:29 - Sep 13 by TVOS1907

What do you mean? Hill brought him in on loan after Coleman was sacked.

Or was Coleman thinking of signing him permanently?

He wanted to sign him permanently. One of his tit-for-tat comments aimed at what Hill did on his return.

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 19:00 - Sep 13 with 2146 viewsDickydaler

Match Fred - Burton Albion away on 12:01 - Sep 13 by ColDale

You know Col, I agree with you about the team looking more balanced when Bunney plays; I've thought this for a good while. If only he would put a few away he wouldn't get the 'bad press' he does from some. Far, far too many long balls to Vincenti and Andrew yesterday. And I had that pillock who stands in the Sandy behind me yesterday continually shout "get it forward", "down the middle", "stop playing it backwards". Not a good day!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024