Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Defence 17:13 - Oct 10 with 16687 views1907

Is the worst we've had in many a year. How Ollie Lancashire got a shirt today I will never know. It's absolutely pathetic. Sort it ou Keith before it costs us dear!
This Defence on 19:10 - Oct 10 with 4379 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 17:50 - Oct 10 by isitme

Rafferty was culpable for the second.

Cannon will be a very good right back but he is young and will make mistakes.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 17:51]

Looked like great skill from Adams to wrong foot him then finish. Sometimes you just have to applaud decent forward play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This Defence on 19:23 - Oct 10 with 4306 viewsTalkingSutty

This Defence on 19:10 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Looked like great skill from Adams to wrong foot him then finish. Sometimes you just have to applaud decent forward play.

To be fair it was a great cross from Billy Sharp and it went over the head of Rafferty and Adams took advantage, the quality was in the persistance of Sharp out on the wing, fantastic delivery.
This Defence on 19:26 - Oct 10 with 4284 viewsDannyG_RAFC

This Defence on 18:09 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

Why the urgency to get into the Championship this season? I dont think anyone at the club is expecting or predicting this?

There's no "urgency" to it, you'd understand and mention the weaknesses
in our side that I saw today you'd agree that changes need to be made for us to.make it to the next level
This Defence on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 4276 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 18:46 - Oct 10 by roccydaleian

Highlights on here hopefully
http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11765/10022705/watch-league-one-two-

Cracking highlights those. A few observations: Cannon looks miles out of position for their 1st, great sliding finish from Alessandra - it looked over the line from his 1st effort, was Sheffield Utd 's winner an own goal? Looked like Raff headed it in not their guy ( Raff pleading for a free kick).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

This Defence on 19:29 - Oct 10 with 4269 viewsBigKindo

This Defence on 19:03 - Oct 10 by Ralphs12

I agree with some of you Cannon comments but I felt he was on his way towards getting a red today, so the substitution was right in my opinion. Cannons reaction wasn't great either.

Also, why are we bringing every single man back for corners... just invites pressure onto us should we clear it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 19:04]

I seem to recall that during Hilly's first tenure when defending set pieces we used to keep two pacey strikers, Alf and Daggers, wide on the halfway line. The opposition had to keep four back. Now we invite all ten opposition out-players to be in or around our penalty box.
This Defence on 19:35 - Oct 10 with 4233 views49thseason

This Defence on 19:29 - Oct 10 by BigKindo

I seem to recall that during Hilly's first tenure when defending set pieces we used to keep two pacey strikers, Alf and Daggers, wide on the halfway line. The opposition had to keep four back. Now we invite all ten opposition out-players to be in or around our penalty box.

You are right,I don't see why Allen couldn't be deployed out wide when we are defending a corner, its not as if he is going to win a header but he can hold the ball up.
This Defence on 19:38 - Oct 10 with 4217 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 19:29 - Oct 10 by BigKindo

I think with zonal marking the more players back - the more zones you can defend. Its just not working though and hope Hill is big enough to scrap it - 4 corners conceded now direct from the cross. Like you said I would rather we keep 2 or 3 players upfront so they have to keep 3-4 players back. At the moment we could play teams off the park , have 70% possession and 20 goal attempts ..................concede a couple of corners and lose.

This Defence on 19:57 - Oct 10 with 4139 views442Dale

This Defence on 19:38 - Oct 10 by dingdangblue

I think with zonal marking the more players back - the more zones you can defend. Its just not working though and hope Hill is big enough to scrap it - 4 corners conceded now direct from the cross. Like you said I would rather we keep 2 or 3 players upfront so they have to keep 3-4 players back. At the moment we could play teams off the park , have 70% possession and 20 goal attempts ..................concede a couple of corners and lose.

It's reached a point where Hill should ask the players which system they prefer. Crossing our fingers and hoping isn't really a tactic.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

This Defence on 20:10 - Oct 10 with 4088 views442Dale

Our defending right now is summed up by the Baxter (no.11) chance in the highlights which Lillis does well to save. Baxter was free on the right hand edge of the penalty area before the set-piece was taken. It was possibly to see from the other end of the ground, to such an extent that saying "11, 11, 11, 11 ELEVEN" probably put him off.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This Defence on 22:42 - Oct 10 with 3846 viewsrochedale

If you are the manager of a team, and you know that your opposition are going to 'zonal mark' ie, line 5/6 players along the 6 yard box, you have your set pieces delivered away from this area so they can be attacked unmarked.

Zonal marking is far too easily 'found out'. Rafa Benitez learnt this but was too stubborn to change. Please Keith, it isn't working, it really isn't.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

This Defence on 23:37 - Oct 10 with 3770 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This Defence on 19:03 - Oct 10 by Ralphs12

I agree with some of you Cannon comments but I felt he was on his way towards getting a red today, so the substitution was right in my opinion. Cannons reaction wasn't great either.

Also, why are we bringing every single man back for corners... just invites pressure onto us should we clear it.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 19:04]

No Ralphs......we don't clear corners.
This Defence on 00:14 - Oct 11 with 3727 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 19:57 - Oct 10 by 442Dale

It's reached a point where Hill should ask the players which system they prefer. Crossing our fingers and hoping isn't really a tactic.

That winning goal is a bad joke. Freeze the action when their guy heads it in and we have 9 players around 3 Sheffield Utd players. 5 Dale players stood marking thin air. IT IS NOT WORKING!!

This Defence on 11:32 - Oct 11 with 3502 viewsRalphs12

This Defence on 23:37 - Oct 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

No Ralphs......we don't clear corners.

Good point. We'd probably be better off having no defenders in the box at this point.
This Defence on 14:22 - Oct 11 with 3377 views49thseason

If you watch Lancashire through those highlights, he never seems to want to commit to a tackle or get close to attackers and continually backs off 5 yards making the pass too easy. At the corner, he doesn't really get a jump in, in fact I'm not sure his feet leave the floor. Poor display compared with Eastham on Tuesday who won every header and seems prepared to use his strength
This Defence on 08:20 - Oct 12 with 3176 viewsRalphs12

This Defence on 14:22 - Oct 11 by 49thseason

If you watch Lancashire through those highlights, he never seems to want to commit to a tackle or get close to attackers and continually backs off 5 yards making the pass too easy. At the corner, he doesn't really get a jump in, in fact I'm not sure his feet leave the floor. Poor display compared with Eastham on Tuesday who won every header and seems prepared to use his strength

That's the thing with Lancashire, he thinks he's something that he's not. This was summed up for me on Saturday when the ball was dropping out of the air and all Lancashire had to do was head it away, he tried to chest it and bring the ball out of defence. He lost control of it and we were on the back foot. With Eastham on Tuesday, when the ball needed clearing it got cleared however possible. No nonsense. If Lancashire was confident he may have been able to bring the ball down, but right now he needs to do his initial job and get rid.

Not only that but Eastham was marshalling the defence brilliantly on Tuesday, all game telling people where to be, including McNulty. Something I noticed he did on Saturday from the sideline. Surely this would help a learning Cannon.
This Defence on 08:34 - Oct 12 with 3064 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 14:22 - Oct 11 by 49thseason

The ball doesn't even reach Lancashire to head it away?

#ditchzonalkeith

This Defence on 08:51 - Oct 12 with 3046 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Given that most of his headers in or around the six yard box have a certain defensive quality about them I'd like to see big Calvin given a go at centre half.

Joking aside I think he has all the attributes of a central defender.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 8:52]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

This Defence on 13:15 - Oct 12 with 2944 viewsD_Alien

This Defence on 08:20 - Oct 12 by Ralphs12

That's the thing with Lancashire, he thinks he's something that he's not. This was summed up for me on Saturday when the ball was dropping out of the air and all Lancashire had to do was head it away, he tried to chest it and bring the ball out of defence. He lost control of it and we were on the back foot. With Eastham on Tuesday, when the ball needed clearing it got cleared however possible. No nonsense. If Lancashire was confident he may have been able to bring the ball down, but right now he needs to do his initial job and get rid.

Not only that but Eastham was marshalling the defence brilliantly on Tuesday, all game telling people where to be, including McNulty. Something I noticed he did on Saturday from the sideline. Surely this would help a learning Cannon.

That's a really good post Ralphs12

You might be interested in reading this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2925441/Rochdale-defender-Olly

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This Defence on 11:07 - Oct 13 with 2742 viewsParkinsGimp

We know Lancashire isnt good enough , but neither is McNulty. I suppose it doesnt help any defence to have a dodgy keeper behind them. All the defenders would play with more confidence if we had a good keeper. Lillis has never been League One material unfortunately.
Its not their fault , they get picked they do the best they can, but some are just not good enough for this level.
This Defence on 11:18 - Oct 13 with 2725 viewsdingdangblue

This Defence on 11:07 - Oct 13 by ParkinsGimp

We know Lancashire isnt good enough , but neither is McNulty. I suppose it doesnt help any defence to have a dodgy keeper behind them. All the defenders would play with more confidence if we had a good keeper. Lillis has never been League One material unfortunately.
Its not their fault , they get picked they do the best they can, but some are just not good enough for this level.

Quite amazing how we've won 5 really.

This Defence on 11:41 - Oct 13 with 2694 viewsTVOS1907

This Defence on 11:07 - Oct 13 by ParkinsGimp

Apart from his slip v Bradford, what else has McNulty done wrong to deserve such bile?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 11:44]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This Defence on 15:26 - Oct 13 with 2571 viewsmacro

I’ve slated Lillis on many occasions but this season he’s made very few mistakes as has McNulty. I get the feeling Mr Gimp that we could have Hart in goal and Cahill and Stones as centre backs and you’d still be complaining. Mind you I expect you’ll be in the home end Saturday.
This Defence on 17:09 - Oct 13 with 2517 views1mark1

This Defence on 15:26 - Oct 13 by macro

I’ve slated Lillis on many occasions but this season he’s made very few mistakes as has McNulty. I get the feeling Mr Gimp that we could have Hart in goal and Cahill and Stones as centre backs and you’d still be complaining. Mind you I expect you’ll be in the home end Saturday.

" Mind you I expect you’ll be in the home end Saturday."

I would be very surprised if he is not singing and shouting with the Dale fans , like he has for the 1000 plus games he has watched the Dale for the past 40 years. Fair enough disagree with what he says (like what I have done many times) , but please don't question his loyalty to the Dale.

I happen to think with McNulty and Eastham, we would have a decent 3rd tier central half partnership, and Lillis would benefit from a decent defence in front of him, but he is only an average 3rd tier keeper, and we would be better off with Logan, not sure though how he would do with the defence we have at the moment.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

This Defence on 18:16 - Oct 13 with 2442 viewsTVOS1907

This Defence on 17:09 - Oct 13 by 1mark1

" Mind you I expect you’ll be in the home end Saturday."

I would be very surprised if he is not singing and shouting with the Dale fans , like he has for the 1000 plus games he has watched the Dale for the past 40 years. Fair enough disagree with what he says (like what I have done many times) , but please don't question his loyalty to the Dale.

I happen to think with McNulty and Eastham, we would have a decent 3rd tier central half partnership, and Lillis would benefit from a decent defence in front of him, but he is only an average 3rd tier keeper, and we would be better off with Logan, not sure though how he would do with the defence we have at the moment.

Really?

So that means in 40 years he's watched players who have taken us to the brink of being elected out of the league and probable extinction, as well as watching Dale play in front of sub-1000 crowds, yet he still comes out with complete garbage on here (usually after a defeat) about players who have won promotion, taken the team to their highest-ever league finish, the FA Cup fourth round two years running and are currently in the top ten in League One again?

I think my description of him elsewhere was pretty spot on.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

This Defence on 18:23 - Oct 13 with 2427 viewsPDIDDY

Now now children, stop falling out before your cup final

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024