Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips 18:26 - Mar 10 with 4814 viewsRuislipHoop

Called up for Scotland,have they got the right Phillips ???
Phillips on 18:46 - Mar 10 with 3502 viewsAJB0105

Have you see Scotland......
Phillips on 21:27 - Mar 10 with 3372 viewsStanisgod

To be fair even Jamie got a couple of games for them.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Phillips on 21:30 - Mar 10 with 3358 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good news for us. With his assists he's always gaining press elsewhere and this can only raise his profile further. good for us to be associated with International call-ups.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Phillips on 21:44 - Mar 10 with 3327 viewsPunteR

Phillips on 21:27 - Mar 10 by Stanisgod

To be fair even Jamie got a couple of games for them.

Didnt he score on his debut?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillips on 21:56 - Mar 10 with 3303 viewsShotKneesHoop

Leslie Phillips could play for that lot.

Left hand down a bit.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Phillips on 21:59 - Mar 10 with 3287 viewskarl

How many down arrows are available for this thread!!!

Easy on the arrows you heartless b**tards!!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:26]
Phillips on 22:12 - Mar 10 with 3251 viewsdaveB

I thought he played well the other night, worked really hard to get back and help his full back
Phillips on 22:13 - Mar 10 with 3247 viewsPunteR

Phillips on 21:59 - Mar 10 by karl

How many down arrows are available for this thread!!!

Easy on the arrows you heartless b**tards!!
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:26]

Theres one for you..

Login to get fewer ads

Phillips on 22:15 - Mar 10 with 3239 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:13 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Theres one for you..

Haha, not quite what i had in mind!
Phillips on 22:17 - Mar 10 with 3229 viewsDeepcutHoop

It's been a good few years since he was in a Scotland squad.

When did they call him up last, must have been before we signed him?
Phillips on 22:19 - Mar 10 with 3226 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've seen Phillips used to devastating effect in Scotland. Or was it a flat head? I can't remember.
Phillips on 22:22 - Mar 10 with 3202 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:12 - Mar 10 by daveB

I thought he played well the other night, worked really hard to get back and help his full back

If he wants to play for Strachan then he will have to do this Dave.
Ikechi Anya from Watford has been a great player for Scotland and he works up and down the line relentlessly, he does not however have the threat of Phillips in the last third. I'm sure if Phillips can get his work rate up (Polter may have told us the reason it has been missing?) then he will be a definite starter for Scotland and Rangers will either have a promotion pushing star or a very saleable asset. Hopefully the former imo
Phillips on 22:24 - Mar 10 with 3195 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:19 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

I've seen Phillips used to devastating effect in Scotland. Or was it a flat head? I can't remember.

We,ve got a referee in Orkney called 'flat heid' and he's useless, thankfully a Phillips seems to be more useful
Phillips on 22:27 - Mar 10 with 3182 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 22:22 - Mar 10 by karl

If he wants to play for Strachan then he will have to do this Dave.
Ikechi Anya from Watford has been a great player for Scotland and he works up and down the line relentlessly, he does not however have the threat of Phillips in the last third. I'm sure if Phillips can get his work rate up (Polter may have told us the reason it has been missing?) then he will be a definite starter for Scotland and Rangers will either have a promotion pushing star or a very saleable asset. Hopefully the former imo

I don't get the Phillips hate. Goals and assists. That's grand.
Phillips on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 3154 viewsonlyrinmoray

Why doesnt Ross McCormack get a game for Scotland excellent player.... have him and Strachan had words.Do I really care ?
Phillips on 22:35 - Mar 10 with 3144 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:27 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

No hate Bazza but when he's working hard he is a totally different player, his good spell last season was great but for whatever reason he seems to drift through too many games and these periods where he is unplayable just seem to be short phases.
Is it confidence or fitness? I don't know but if it could be harnessed more often he should be sought after by the top ten clubs in England.
Accepting that he will only do this for half a dozen games a season and drift through the Championship season is a disservice to him but of course if he hit top form regularly we would likely lose him for big money so a bit of a double edged sword of course
Phillips on 22:37 - Mar 10 with 3137 viewskensalriser

Phillips on 22:27 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's because some prefer players who run around a lot and kick people.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:38]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Phillips on 22:38 - Mar 10 with 3133 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:32 - Mar 10 by onlyrinmoray

Why doesnt Ross McCormack get a game for Scotland excellent player.... have him and Strachan had words.Do I really care ?

Always carried the reputation that he can't work as a lone forward and Scotland very rarely use the luxury of a 'lazy' number 10, possibly why he's also a Championship player as the EPL clubs who would sign him generally have the same policy?
Phillips on 22:42 - Mar 10 with 3117 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 22:35 - Mar 10 by karl

No hate Bazza but when he's working hard he is a totally different player, his good spell last season was great but for whatever reason he seems to drift through too many games and these periods where he is unplayable just seem to be short phases.
Is it confidence or fitness? I don't know but if it could be harnessed more often he should be sought after by the top ten clubs in England.
Accepting that he will only do this for half a dozen games a season and drift through the Championship season is a disservice to him but of course if he hit top form regularly we would likely lose him for big money so a bit of a double edged sword of course

That wasn't directed at you Karl, but I've heard him called some stuff at HQ I'd consider unreasonable. But yeah, some teams can't afford to carry players who don't track too much and Strach loves a grafter.

Good luck to him, and dare I say it, Scotland too.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:43]
Phillips on 22:52 - Mar 10 with 3086 viewskarl

Phillips on 22:42 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

That wasn't directed at you Karl, but I've heard him called some stuff at HQ I'd consider unreasonable. But yeah, some teams can't afford to carry players who don't track too much and Strach loves a grafter.

Good luck to him, and dare I say it, Scotland too.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:43]

When he was in his good run of form last year i remember posters on here asking why he wasnt featuring for Scotland and tbh none of my Scotland group are really aware of him and many will be wondering who this fella is being called into the squad (last played when at Blackpool i would think) really hope he gets a boost from this, does a turn for Scotland and gets some more drive to really push on this season
Phillips on 23:17 - Mar 10 with 3053 viewsStanisgod

Phillips on 21:44 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Didnt he score on his debut?.

Look up "tongue in cheek"

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Phillips on 23:32 - Mar 10 with 3026 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 22:52 - Mar 10 by karl

When he was in his good run of form last year i remember posters on here asking why he wasnt featuring for Scotland and tbh none of my Scotland group are really aware of him and many will be wondering who this fella is being called into the squad (last played when at Blackpool i would think) really hope he gets a boost from this, does a turn for Scotland and gets some more drive to really push on this season

Ok, here's one.

Who was QPR's last Scotland international or player even?

I can only think of Thomson or Malcolm and I don't think either got any caps.
Phillips on 23:38 - Mar 10 with 3014 viewskarl

Phillips on 23:32 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok, here's one.

Who was QPR's last Scotland international or player even?

I can only think of Thomson or Malcolm and I don't think either got any caps.

Don Masson of course but not many over the years.
Don Masson was a cool footballer, never seemed to do anything above a jog in my memory, Tony Currie was the same if i'm remembering right?
Phillips on 23:45 - Mar 10 with 3009 viewsPunteR

Phillips on 23:17 - Mar 10 by Stanisgod

Look up "tongue in cheek"

Ok.
That was a genuine question btw.
Answer- No, he didn't score on his debut. I looked that up.

Phillips on 23:46 - Mar 10 with 3009 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 23:38 - Mar 10 by karl

Don Masson of course but not many over the years.
Don Masson was a cool footballer, never seemed to do anything above a jog in my memory, Tony Currie was the same if i'm remembering right?

Both before my time sadly Karl.

Did Big Bob the Pope taunter get any at Ibrox?

All he got here was a driving ban.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024