Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips 18:26 - Mar 10 with 4813 viewsRuislipHoop

Called up for Scotland,have they got the right Phillips ???
Phillips on 23:51 - Mar 10 with 1352 viewskarl

Phillips on 23:46 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Both before my time sadly Karl.

Did Big Bob the Pope taunter get any at Ibrox?

All he got here was a driving ban.

Jesus H Henry Christ, you might find this hard to believe but not only was he considered sh*t at Loftus Road but we kind of thought that here too, we're not that bad!
Phillips on 23:52 - Mar 10 with 1341 viewsQPRDave

Paul Wright was an u21 int for Scotland
Phillips on 23:59 - Mar 10 with 1340 viewskarl

Phillips on 23:52 - Mar 10 by QPRDave

Paul Wright was an u21 int for Scotland

Bunion, good looking lad.....
Phillips on 00:01 - Mar 11 with 1340 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 23:51 - Mar 10 by karl

Jesus H Henry Christ, you might find this hard to believe but not only was he considered sh*t at Loftus Road but we kind of thought that here too, we're not that bad!

HAHA

Who was the worst Scotland cap for you Karl?
Phillips on 00:09 - Mar 11 with 1331 viewskarl

Phillips on 00:01 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

HAHA

Who was the worst Scotland cap for you Karl?

One word IANF*CKINGBLACK done at Easter Road as a total p*ss take of Hibs. Ex Hearts manager stands on sidelines laughing with 3rd division footballer coming on as sub in obvious get it up ye to Hibs, a few supporters booed and this was written as Hibs fans booing national team.
Craig Levein was a total disaster as manager of Scotland and he is such a c*ck, Hearts had the chance of winning League and Cup double in 86 and he pulled out of the league decider and cup final with a 'cold'!! He was slagged off in the press this week by an opposition player in the league decider as a bottler - made very pleasant reading, oh and the fact they blew both trophies haha
Phillips on 00:13 - Mar 11 with 1328 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 00:09 - Mar 11 by karl

One word IANF*CKINGBLACK done at Easter Road as a total p*ss take of Hibs. Ex Hearts manager stands on sidelines laughing with 3rd division footballer coming on as sub in obvious get it up ye to Hibs, a few supporters booed and this was written as Hibs fans booing national team.
Craig Levein was a total disaster as manager of Scotland and he is such a c*ck, Hearts had the chance of winning League and Cup double in 86 and he pulled out of the league decider and cup final with a 'cold'!! He was slagged off in the press this week by an opposition player in the league decider as a bottler - made very pleasant reading, oh and the fact they blew both trophies haha

Great stuff.

What about that Mackem donkey Kyle?

EDIT : Another Jambo!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 0:14]
Phillips on 00:24 - Mar 11 with 1317 viewskarl

Phillips on 00:13 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Great stuff.

What about that Mackem donkey Kyle?

EDIT : Another Jambo!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 0:14]

Well Berti Vogts capped a lot of cr*p players (I still am an overall backer of the job he did although it ended badly) but for a while Kyle had a chance to be a decent player and it was injury (Chronic hip problems i think) that restricted him greatly imo.
Bizarrely he gambled away all his big money (Sunderland, Coventry, Hearts and Rangers) and was very recently working as a porter on oil workers accomodation boats in Shetland, what a bunch footballers are!
Phillips on 00:44 - Mar 11 with 1293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phillips on 23:32 - Mar 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ok, here's one.

Who was QPR's last Scotland international or player even?

I can only think of Thomson or Malcolm and I don't think either got any caps.

Has to be Mackie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Phillips on 00:59 - Mar 11 with 1281 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 00:44 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Has to be Mackie.

Ah how did forget about him!
Phillips on 01:03 - Mar 11 with 1273 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Phillips on 00:24 - Mar 11 by karl

Well Berti Vogts capped a lot of cr*p players (I still am an overall backer of the job he did although it ended badly) but for a while Kyle had a chance to be a decent player and it was injury (Chronic hip problems i think) that restricted him greatly imo.
Bizarrely he gambled away all his big money (Sunderland, Coventry, Hearts and Rangers) and was very recently working as a porter on oil workers accomodation boats in Shetland, what a bunch footballers are!

Thats is some addiction.

What a life!
Phillips on 07:03 - Mar 11 with 1222 viewsStanisgod

Phillips on 23:45 - Mar 10 by PunteR

Ok.
That was a genuine question btw.
Answer- No, he didn't score on his debut. I looked that up.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Phillips on 07:47 - Mar 11 with 1194 viewsPunteR

Phillips on 07:03 - Mar 11 by Stanisgod

[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 8:22]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillips on 08:45 - Mar 11 with 1167 viewspaulparker

Phillips on 00:24 - Mar 11 by karl

Talking of Kyle he has now joined the BDO darts circuit

as for Scotland I dunno how the hell Strachan is in a job still
totally bolloxed up qualification, he had a much better squad than Poland & Eire
he had the likes of Fletcher, Griffiths, Dorrans, steve may, Mcoormack up top but would
play chris martin from Derby
Add in Brown, Naismith, Forrest, Commons, Adam, Morrison,, Ritchie, Gauld, Allan,
plus keepers like Marshall, Mcgeregor & Gordon and there isn't any excuses as to why Scotland are struggling or playing hoof football

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Phillips on 09:23 - Mar 11 with 1155 viewsRamseyR

Nigel Quashie played for the sweaties a couple of times.
Phillips on 09:36 - Mar 11 with 1143 viewskarl

Phillips on 08:45 - Mar 11 by paulparker

Talking of Kyle he has now joined the BDO darts circuit

as for Scotland I dunno how the hell Strachan is in a job still
totally bolloxed up qualification, he had a much better squad than Poland & Eire
he had the likes of Fletcher, Griffiths, Dorrans, steve may, Mcoormack up top but would
play chris martin from Derby
Add in Brown, Naismith, Forrest, Commons, Adam, Morrison,, Ritchie, Gauld, Allan,
plus keepers like Marshall, Mcgeregor & Gordon and there isn't any excuses as to why Scotland are struggling or playing hoof football

He is backed by the support unanimously PP, strange nowadays after failing to qualify.
We are a Jekyll and Hyde team though as sometimes the football is great but then others we hide in our shell and don't play outside of our own half, for that reason i'm backing him and i'm glad he has a second campaign to get his tactics to away games sorted out. I have no doubt we were a much better team than RoI but their attacking attitude in away games is ultimately what got them ahead of us in the group so hopefully we'll see a bit more adventure in some of the games.
I don't personally think we play hoofball but that's interesting to hear that you think we have done (at times?)
Phillips on 09:42 - Mar 11 with 1072 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phillips on 09:36 - Mar 11 by karl

He is backed by the support unanimously PP, strange nowadays after failing to qualify.
We are a Jekyll and Hyde team though as sometimes the football is great but then others we hide in our shell and don't play outside of our own half, for that reason i'm backing him and i'm glad he has a second campaign to get his tactics to away games sorted out. I have no doubt we were a much better team than RoI but their attacking attitude in away games is ultimately what got them ahead of us in the group so hopefully we'll see a bit more adventure in some of the games.
I don't personally think we play hoofball but that's interesting to hear that you think we have done (at times?)

I thought you passed us off the park at your place. Don't remember how you played in Lansdowne, to be honest.

Phillips on 10:12 - Mar 11 with 1063 viewsRuislipHoop

The unfortunate thing for us as a club about him playing for Scotland is that everybody will see just how shite he is and then we will never get our 8 mill.
Phillips on 10:17 - Mar 11 with 1059 viewskarl

Phillips on 09:42 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought you passed us off the park at your place. Don't remember how you played in Lansdowne, to be honest.

Yes at home we played very well i thought Brian, at Lansdowne he picked a very defensive team and we were awful in the first half, put Anya on at half time and we were different altogether, we scored pretty much straight away to equalise although ultimately i think we were lucky to get a point on balance of the game.
That was a classic moment in that group though, if we went there positively and played as we did at Celtic Park then i'm convinced we would have won and of course at least finished third. Ifs buts and maybes!!
Phillips on 10:22 - Mar 11 with 1055 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phillips on 10:17 - Mar 11 by karl

Yes at home we played very well i thought Brian, at Lansdowne he picked a very defensive team and we were awful in the first half, put Anya on at half time and we were different altogether, we scored pretty much straight away to equalise although ultimately i think we were lucky to get a point on balance of the game.
That was a classic moment in that group though, if we went there positively and played as we did at Celtic Park then i'm convinced we would have won and of course at least finished third. Ifs buts and maybes!!

Ya, I remember now. Poor tactics at Lansdowne. Ye had the boot on our throats in that group and ye let us survive.

Phillips on 10:29 - Mar 11 with 1046 viewskarl

Phillips on 10:22 - Mar 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, I remember now. Poor tactics at Lansdowne. Ye had the boot on our throats in that group and ye let us survive.

I honestly thought Ireland were more or less finished after getting beaten in Glasgow, they were a poor one dimensional team of plodders, but it goes to show a couple of good results/performances and gradually they became a decent team again who qualified. Beat Brentford and i'm backing us for the play offs!
Phillips on 10:30 - Mar 11 with 1042 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phillips on 10:29 - Mar 11 by karl

I honestly thought Ireland were more or less finished after getting beaten in Glasgow, they were a poor one dimensional team of plodders, but it goes to show a couple of good results/performances and gradually they became a decent team again who qualified. Beat Brentford and i'm backing us for the play offs!

We ALL thought that!

Phillips on 10:36 - Mar 11 with 1033 viewspaulparker

Phillips on 09:36 - Mar 11 by karl

I think he is backed as he is media favourite Karl , Scotland have some great managers yet they choose Strachan ?, yes he has done better than levien but then so would have I
Scotland have a decent squad, probably the best squad since France 98 and have options yet from what I saw during the qualifying campaign I wasn't impressed , the continued playing of chris martin & the lad Russell from derby left me scratching my head, at times against Poland home and away they couldn't keep the ball and would result to hitting long , as for Georgia away I do not know what Strachan was thinking,
it may have been a tough group but would Strachan have got you out of say Nirelands group, I honestly don't think he would have ,
I may be being harsh Karl as you have a better view of the game up there but I think you boys should and could have done a lot better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Phillips on 10:46 - Mar 11 with 1023 viewskarl

Phillips on 10:36 - Mar 11 by paulparker

I think he is backed as he is media favourite Karl , Scotland have some great managers yet they choose Strachan ?, yes he has done better than levien but then so would have I
Scotland have a decent squad, probably the best squad since France 98 and have options yet from what I saw during the qualifying campaign I wasn't impressed , the continued playing of chris martin & the lad Russell from derby left me scratching my head, at times against Poland home and away they couldn't keep the ball and would result to hitting long , as for Georgia away I do not know what Strachan was thinking,
it may have been a tough group but would Strachan have got you out of say Nirelands group, I honestly don't think he would have ,
I may be being harsh Karl as you have a better view of the game up there but I think you boys should and could have done a lot better

What did cause 'unrest' was his reluctance to bring in new faces (Philips was actually a perfect example as he hit form in Premier League just as Scotland were stuttering) and that was seen as his achilles to many.
Absolutely agree that we under achieved but no Scotland manager has had a hard time from the press till the very end of their tenure, no negative stories in general about style of play etc so yes Strachan has had good back up from the media but i don't put his popularity with the support down to this tbh.
I'm glad we have given him a chance to get back to the type of form we had initially under him and that he can learn what it takes to get out of a group, i think Irelands approach to away games has given everyone a wake up call.
Chris Martin has only played well against Gibralter i think and i can honestly say that even i managed that!

Edit. No recent Scotland manager
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 10:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024