Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tenerife 09:06 - Jul 1 with 15737 viewsleedsdale

Leighanne's diary is online for day 1 of the trip: http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tenerife-2016-diary-day-1-3

She mentions 27 players making the trip; by my reckoning we have 21 contracted players (including Collis and BBM), 3 scholars have made the trip and River Humphreys doesn't join up until after Tenerife, so potentially there are three triallists? Hopefully we will find out their identity in the next diary
Tenerife on 11:16 - Jul 2 with 3982 viewsDaley_Lama

Tenerife on 00:13 - Jul 2 by macro

Thin looking squad numbers wise

Euro's aint over yet, most agents are still sipping vino and eating frogs legs.

Approx 10 players left us if you count the Holt's and Syers as 'ours' at the rnd of last season.

Only 3 inbound in the shape of Kansvan, McGheadey and Rathbone so i suspect there are more to come, if bury haven't signed them all yet.

Poll: DF in or out

Tenerife on 16:09 - Jul 2 with 3822 viewsThe_Knightowl

*cough* eccleston..... flyerdale ?

Ex Dr Who or ex - loanee Nathan ?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 16:11]
Tenerife on 17:16 - Jul 2 with 3751 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tenerife on 10:02 - Jul 2 by SaxonDale

Interviews with players and Hill, videos of the training and an excellent diary. The progress made by this club in the media department over the last few years is incredible. Well done Leighanne, it's very much appreciated.

That's for true.......big well done

As an aside,did we not get Leighanne from Falkirk at the same time as signing Marc Twaddle?

Now,which has been the best aquisition?,,,,,,,,,,,,Poll?
Tenerife on 17:30 - Jul 2 with 3732 viewsTVOS1907

Tenerife on 17:16 - Jul 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's for true.......big well done

As an aside,did we not get Leighanne from Falkirk at the same time as signing Marc Twaddle?

Now,which has been the best aquisition?,,,,,,,,,,,,Poll?

Twaddle arrived about four months earlier.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tenerife on 17:47 - Jul 2 with 3707 views1907

Tenerife on 16:09 - Jul 2 by The_Knightowl

*cough* eccleston..... flyerdale ?

Ex Dr Who or ex - loanee Nathan ?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2016 16:11]

Heard the same rumour myself regarding Ecclestone
Tenerife on 17:50 - Jul 2 with 3701 views1907

Backing the rumour up, have a look on his Twitter @NathanEcclestone most recent tweet is Tenerife ☀️⚽️🇪🇸
Tenerife on 20:18 - Jul 2 with 3552 viewsChaffRAFC

Saw his twitter before. So it seems that he's one of the trialists. All I can say is that he's the ultimate broken toy and seems to be a little bit in the same situation as Donal McDermott. Eccleston was a proper billy big bollocks when he was at Liverpool and on the verge of the first team, then since then he's had more loans than Stewart Day, an unsuccessful one with us under Eyre included, gone to Blackpool, did nowt there, had more loans from there, went up to Scotland and couldn't settle and was last seen getting relegated from the Hungarian league!

Hill must be referring to him as the lad with bags of talent and must be hoping that, like McDermott, he realises this will be his last chance to make a good professional career out of the game. If there's one manager who can make something out of him, it's Hill.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tenerife on 13:54 - Jul 3 with 3218 viewsRockerdale97

Tenerife on 20:18 - Jul 2 by ChaffRAFC

Saw his twitter before. So it seems that he's one of the trialists. All I can say is that he's the ultimate broken toy and seems to be a little bit in the same situation as Donal McDermott. Eccleston was a proper billy big bollocks when he was at Liverpool and on the verge of the first team, then since then he's had more loans than Stewart Day, an unsuccessful one with us under Eyre included, gone to Blackpool, did nowt there, had more loans from there, went up to Scotland and couldn't settle and was last seen getting relegated from the Hungarian league!

Hill must be referring to him as the lad with bags of talent and must be hoping that, like McDermott, he realises this will be his last chance to make a good professional career out of the game. If there's one manager who can make something out of him, it's Hill.

I believe Marcus Holness is with the squad in Tenerife too. Interesting
Login to get fewer ads

Tenerife on 14:06 - Jul 3 with 3204 viewsTVOS1907

Tenerife on 13:54 - Jul 3 by Rockerdale97

Where have you got that info from?

Tenerife on 14:20 - Jul 3 with 3178 viewsmacro

Tenerife on 13:54 - Jul 3 by Rockerdale97

A player deemed to be a liability by Tranmere last season. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'd be surprised.
Tenerife on 16:58 - Jul 3 with 3026 viewsTalkingSutty

Tenerife on 14:20 - Jul 3 by macro

A player deemed to be a liability by Tranmere last season. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I'd be surprised.

Heard the same thing from a reliable source today, my heart sunk when I heard the news. If this is the quality of player Hilly is looking at then we really are scraping the barrel, he was derided by the fans at Tranmere. Ecclestone and Holness, I hope that's not an indication of our ambitions this season.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 17:06]
Tenerife on 17:24 - Jul 3 with 2999 viewsChaffRAFC

Holness? Really? Jesus wept. He had a decent spell for us when next to Dawson, aside from that, he was very average and has since gone downhill rapidly.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Tenerife on 18:42 - Jul 3 with 2897 viewsTVOS1907

Tenerife on 16:58 - Jul 3 by TalkingSutty

Heard the same thing from a reliable source today, my heart sunk when I heard the news. If this is the quality of player Hilly is looking at then we really are scraping the barrel, he was derided by the fans at Tranmere. Ecclestone and Holness, I hope that's not an indication of our ambitions this season.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2016 17:06]

Bernie and Bob?

Tenerife on 18:56 - Jul 3 with 2883 viewsYadHoDale

I thought Holness was our best defender in 2010/11, under Hill's management. OK, he's struggled since, but is probably worth a look to see if he can be restored. His attitude and commitment obviously fit in with our aims, it's whether his football skills are good enough.

Eccleston is the opposite. Got the technical skills, but can he knuckle down and be consistent to the required level? Donal and NML have proved that Hilly can get the best out of "mavericks"; maybe Eccleston can be the next off the repaired-toy production line?

Both well worth having another look at, imho.
Tenerife on 19:44 - Jul 3 with 2818 viewsSalwaDale

I'd be happy with Holness as a reserve centre back. As for Eccleston, certainly not lacking ability. Wasn't at all impressed with him when we first had him, but playing under Hil is very different to playing under Eyre.

TBBT

Tenerife on 21:01 - Jul 3 with 2520 viewsnordenblue

Tenerife on 18:56 - Jul 3 by YadHoDale

I thought Holness was our best defender in 2010/11, under Hill's management. OK, he's struggled since, but is probably worth a look to see if he can be restored. His attitude and commitment obviously fit in with our aims, it's whether his football skills are good enough.

Eccleston is the opposite. Got the technical skills, but can he knuckle down and be consistent to the required level? Donal and NML have proved that Hilly can get the best out of "mavericks"; maybe Eccleston can be the next off the repaired-toy production line?

Both well worth having another look at, imho.

His football "skills" weren't good enough back then and no doubt even worse now,let's get McArdle back too jesus wept.
Horrendous "defender"
Tenerife on 21:13 - Jul 3 with 2493 views442Dale

Tenerife on 21:01 - Jul 3 by nordenblue

His football "skills" weren't good enough back then and no doubt even worse now,let's get McArdle back too jesus wept.
Horrendous "defender"

The fact is he was excellent in the 10/11 season. Won a player of the year award in League 1. Does this mean he should be an option 6 years later? Maybe not. But let's not re-write history.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tenerife on 22:05 - Jul 3 with 2426 viewsnordenblue

Tenerife on 21:13 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

The fact is he was excellent in the 10/11 season. Won a player of the year award in League 1. Does this mean he should be an option 6 years later? Maybe not. But let's not re-write history.

Whilst playing alongside Dawson,he'd make anybody look half decent tbf... It's no surprise the level he's been playing it's about right
Tenerife on 22:17 - Jul 3 with 2407 views442Dale

Tenerife on 22:05 - Jul 3 by nordenblue

Whilst playing alongside Dawson,he'd make anybody look half decent tbf... It's no surprise the level he's been playing it's about right

Hill trusted him to play a full season as first choice, we ended the season in 9th place. It wasn't because Dawson made him look good, because if it was Hill would have recognised this and brought in someone who was a good player in his own right. Something also acknowledged by his fellow pros who voted him as players player of the year.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tenerife on 22:45 - Jul 3 with 2365 viewsAtThePeake

Saw Alty play a couple of times towards the back end of the season and Holness looked like one of the weakest players in one of the weakest teams in a division two below ours.

And the Alty fans around me weren't the biggest fans of him either. Agree that he was excellent in 10/11 but it's fair to say he has regressed hugely since then.

Tangled up in blue.

Tenerife on 22:51 - Jul 3 with 2359 viewsbocadave

Holness is a far better defender than Lancashire ever was, and if Hilly thinks he`s worth another chance it`s fine by me.
Tenerife on 05:50 - Jul 4 with 2210 viewsColDale

nowt wrong with having a look.
Tenerife on 07:36 - Jul 4 with 2147 viewsnordenblue

Tenerife on 22:17 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

Hill trusted him to play a full season as first choice, we ended the season in 9th place. It wasn't because Dawson made him look good, because if it was Hill would have recognised this and brought in someone who was a good player in his own right. Something also acknowledged by his fellow pros who voted him as players player of the year.

Hill trusted Olly Lancashire another good centre half in his own right too?......

Players player can be for the effort he put in or the improvement he made not necessarily the BEST player,highlighted by the far better players who were in that team back then who didn't win the award.

Bob had the turning circle of the QE2 and the reactions to match,he was OK at winning the initial first header but if anything happened after that he was lost
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 7:44]
Tenerife on 07:41 - Jul 4 with 2139 viewsTalkingSutty

Tenerife on 05:50 - Jul 4 by ColDale

nowt wrong with having a look.

Nowt wrong at all with looking but I thought we'd progressed from the likes of Holness, i thought we were a bit better than that now. Finishing in our highest position ever I think it's natural that supporters might think there's a chance we could progress a bit further next season by supplementing our already talented group of players with players better than those we have just released.

It feels like a backward step to me,even at his best I wasn't convinced about Bob, and Eccleston was a waste of a loan signing in his short spell at the Club and did 'nowt'. Let's not see our Club as a home for the wafes and strays, we want to be seen as an established League One Club, these two have regressed and we have progressed since their departures.

Hilly always look for progression and that's what's surprised me about Ecclestone and Holness flying out to Tenerife. I'll shut up now and watch how it all pans out but personally I agree with others on this thread and see their inclusions as a backward step and would have preferred to see a couple of our young kids fly out instead. I hope to be proved wrong though obviously and will make a grovelling apology on the forum if required.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2016 7:52]
Tenerife on 07:58 - Jul 4 with 2090 viewsnordenblue

Tenerife on 22:51 - Jul 3 by bocadave

Holness is a far better defender than Lancashire ever was, and if Hilly thinks he`s worth another chance it`s fine by me.

His last team have just been relegated from the conference,Lancashire as poor as we think he has been is currently contracted to a league 1 club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024