Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:17 - Aug 31 with 22345 viewsSaxonDale

All the repetitive clicking of f5 on twitter has paid off,

Place your bets here, I'm going Charlie Comlynn-Platt.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2016 13:18]
New signing on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 2519 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing on 19:37 - Aug 31 by fitzochris

I just feel we're missing a bit of full backery.

I could go through the squad and pick up quite a few things that don't look right but in all honesty Hills the one who does the recruiting and watches them in training, he's also a very good manager.

The Statement from him is only short but it oozes confidence in what he thinks the squads capable of, he sounds pretty happy to be fair. In view of his comments I am now prepared to push the doubts to one side,adjust my pre-season thoughts of a stab at the Play Offs and hope for a season which will see us secure our league one status. I would be happy with that.
New signing on 19:49 - Aug 31 with 2489 viewsTomRAFC

Keith on Keith

Hill commented: “I’ve admired Keith for a long time. When he was at Luton I thought he was a magnificent player for them and then he went on to play for Preston. We made him an offer to come to the football club before he left Preston to go to Cambridge but we couldn’t get the deal sealed".

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New signing on 19:50 - Aug 31 with 2488 views1907

Pathetic. Makes those of us whom have bought season tickets wonder why we'd bothered!
New signing on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 2484 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 19:46 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

I could go through the squad and pick up quite a few things that don't look right but in all honesty Hills the one who does the recruiting and watches them in training, he's also a very good manager.

The Statement from him is only short but it oozes confidence in what he thinks the squads capable of, he sounds pretty happy to be fair. In view of his comments I am now prepared to push the doubts to one side,adjust my pre-season thoughts of a stab at the Play Offs and hope for a season which will see us secure our league one status. I would be happy with that.

That's all fine. For the most part, he's right. We do have players who, when all fit, can play in all positions. The only positions where I feel that we're making do in that regard is in the full back department.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 19:56 - Aug 31 with 2448 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing on 19:50 - Aug 31 by 1907

Pathetic. Makes those of us whom have bought season tickets wonder why we'd bothered!

If it's an adult one for the TDS, I'll give you 200 quid for it, send me a PM.
New signing on 20:03 - Aug 31 with 2401 viewsdingdangblue

Speak for yourself!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 20:13 - Aug 31 with 2349 viewsDorislove

New signing on 18:24 - Aug 31 by macro

River Humphries has now signed for Bangor City

Red card first game 18 mins Violent conduct
New signing on 20:16 - Aug 31 with 2315 views442Dale

New signing on 19:56 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

This forum will be sending you an invoice for an admin fee.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 2222 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Tom Anderson was clearly beyond our means and rnl is clearly a far better player than Ryan colclough. Both would have added greatly to squad

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New signing on 20:38 - Aug 31 with 2196 views1907

New signing on 20:03 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Speak for yourself!

I speak for the 6 lads I sit with in the main stand who all feel thoroughly disappointed! How we have not signed a LB today is beyond a joke.
New signing on 20:43 - Aug 31 with 2169 viewsfitzochris

New signing on 20:38 - Aug 31 by 1907

I speak for the 6 lads I sit with in the main stand who all feel thoroughly disappointed! How we have not signed a LB today is beyond a joke.

It's disappointing that we didn't sign an additional defender, but let's not overreact. We don't know the circumstances. I've interviewed enough managers now to know the "I'm happy with my squad" line is just that. A line. For that reason, I don't doubt Hill tried to get someone else today.

There are still players out of contract who can be signed after today, too. Let's be honest, other than loans, that's our market anyway.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New signing on 20:50 - Aug 31 with 2131 viewsTVOS1907

You've changed your tune in the space of a few weeks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New signing on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 2110 viewsrochdaleriddler

I'm not going to negative, but how do we not get promising players on loan from clubs higher up, such as burnley, city Utd etc. Other teams seem to

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New signing on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 2080 viewsnordenblue

New signing on 19:56 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Tell him you'll take the ticket office his hands for free but pay him a £200 admin fee,you'll get a better deal that way?
New signing on 21:02 - Aug 31 with 2058 views1907

New signing on 20:50 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

You've changed your tune in the space of a few weeks.

Not in the slightest. My thoughts on people attending (or not) games is one thing. The way the club has handled pretty much every thing Dale related over the summer has been nothing short of horrendous. It is obvious to everybody who is attending games what the weaknesses are, yet nothing is being done to rectify it. We pretty much missed out on a play off spot last season because of Lancashire costing us games with his deficiencies, looks like it's Mcnulty's turn this year.
New signing on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 2030 viewsTalkingSutty

New signing on 21:00 - Aug 31 by nordenblue

Tell him you'll take the ticket office his hands for free but pay him a £200 admin fee,you'll get a better deal that way?

New signing on 21:06 - Aug 31 with 2022 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 20:53 - Aug 31 by rochdaleriddler

I'm not going to negative, but how do we not get promising players on loan from clubs higher up, such as burnley, city Utd etc. Other teams seem to

We've used this route before with limited success.

New signing on 21:11 - Aug 31 with 1990 viewsrochdaleriddler

I said promising, not the crap no one else wants, if we are so good at developing talent, we should be beating them off with a shitty stick!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

New signing on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 1985 viewsboromat

New signing on 20:53 - Aug 31 by rochdaleriddler

Lot of effort has to be put in to make them 'first team' ready and then when they are getting to a good standard they go back to their parent club for free. Don't see the benefit really. In ideal circumstances the only loans I'd want to see are those that are with a view to signing permanently. Obviously if we're struggling come January and get the chance of signing a wonder kid for six months to get us out of trouble then fair do's. Also sounds like clubs higher up are not only wanting the wages fully paid but they're asking for fees, no way we would pay for a loan player we don't pay for permanent transfers! Haha

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New signing on 21:22 - Aug 31 with 1940 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The 2 players I mentioned above are from Wigan and burnley and have gone to Chesterfield and Grimsby. We sign players rejected by barrow or not catching at Cambridge (although tbh Keane is a potentially good signing) colclough particularly is a quality player who was just down the road. Surprised we have not approached John Ryan as every team needs a John Ryan!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

New signing on 21:25 - Aug 31 with 1921 viewsmikehunt

All I can say is, how come we could get some cracking players when we were an unknown quantity in the division below?
I can understand why we can't get players from our division as we will be regarded as a threat. But from other divisions?!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New signing on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 1853 viewsdingdangblue

New signing on 21:22 - Aug 31 by Thacks_Rabbits

The 2 players I mentioned above are from Wigan and burnley and have gone to Chesterfield and Grimsby. We sign players rejected by barrow or not catching at Cambridge (although tbh Keane is a potentially good signing) colclough particularly is a quality player who was just down the road. Surprised we have not approached John Ryan as every team needs a John Ryan!!!

Strange we were able to sign Pereira from Utd on loan when we didn't really need him last season. Ashley Fletcher who played with Pereira in the Manchester Senior Cup game and scored a hat trick against us ended up going on loan to Barnsley and help them win promotion and the JPT. Hill must have known about Fletcher 1st hand? If its to do with wages I could understand but how did we get Pereira then? Quite often you hear about the Premier League club covering most of the wages still when these deals are done? Fletcher is now at West Ham and playing games in the Premier League and looks a real prospect. Hill has been critical of loaning players in the past as it prevents our own players developing but a top quality loan can sometimes make a massive difference.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New signing on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1684 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Agree ddb. Long was a quality loan signing who made a huge impact. Perriera was a waste of a wage and did not offer anything. Cog loan obviously was awesome. Seem to recall under ayre we had loans from city but were nothing special. i am guessing but would imagine we are about 5 or 6k per week lower in wages from where we were last year. Attendances are down and so are season ticket sales but if it's a case of directors cutting cloth now due to this it's their own fault. But then we have come to understand that funds count for more than promotion Re Marty done. I enjoyed the gray halom Dolan Sutton years as everyone was on the same side with same goal - survival. Now I have no idea what our plans are as a team? Do the directors genuinely want promotion? I really don't know!!!!

New signing on 22:07 - Aug 31 with 1652 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 21:02 - Aug 31 by 1907

Not in the slightest. My thoughts on people attending (or not) games is one thing. The way the club has handled pretty much every thing Dale related over the summer has been nothing short of horrendous. It is obvious to everybody who is attending games what the weaknesses are, yet nothing is being done to rectify it. We pretty much missed out on a play off spot last season because of Lancashire costing us games with his deficiencies, looks like it's Mcnulty's turn this year.

While Lancashire had many weaknesses, it's a bit too simple to say we missed out on the play-offs because of him.

New signing on 22:14 - Aug 31 with 1597 viewsTVOS1907

New signing on 21:11 - Aug 31 by rochdaleriddler

I said promising, not the crap no one else wants, if we are so good at developing talent, we should be beating them off with a shitty stick!

I don't know why, you would have to ask Hill.

However, for every Tom Heaton there is a Matt Dickins and Jake Kean!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024