Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 22:21 - Oct 1 with 8104 viewsnigewilson

Thought he was absolutely outstanding today. Whole team contributed but he was brilliant defensively and always threatened up front. Watched just him for 5 minutes in the second half - never stopped running. Aggressive, chasing seemingly lost balls - the engine of the team for me. Great support, decent pies and a fiver to get in. Happy Days!
Calvin on 22:29 - Oct 1 with 5281 viewsD_Alien

Great to hear. He's been doing this for a while now, once his fitness levels were brought up to speed. Fact is, he's a natural athlete and the opposition must hate seeing him on the pitch.

I'm sure there's still some who think he doesn't fit into Hill's style of play, or summat equally ridiculous, but now he's scoring regularly his critics have suddenly gone very quiet.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2016 22:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 22:43 - Oct 1 with 5220 viewsdingdangblue

Its great we're not relying on one person to get us the wins also. Calvin's scored in the last 2 away wins, Davies the last 2 home wins. Great to see.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin on 23:04 - Oct 1 with 5156 viewssandy_dale

Calvin on 22:29 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Great to hear. He's been doing this for a while now, once his fitness levels were brought up to speed. Fact is, he's a natural athlete and the opposition must hate seeing him on the pitch.

I'm sure there's still some who think he doesn't fit into Hill's style of play, or summat equally ridiculous, but now he's scoring regularly his critics have suddenly gone very quiet.

Many people was slating him pre season despite his form and efforts from last season. Must be good shutting your critics up. Then again, Joe Bunney often leaves me eating my words.
Calvin on 13:09 - Oct 2 with 4701 viewsDareToCalvin

Best thing I love about Calvin is how he wins, unless he is fouled, 10 out of every 10 headers, and usually finds another Dale player with it. Not many strikers can do that consistently and find a teammate most of the time. What Hill has done with him has been miraculous, never seen a target man like him.
Calvin on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 4638 viewsSalwaDale

Must admit to being fascinated by the way the whole Calvin as a Dale player is turning out. We've had better players than Calvin simply disappear and fail to make a real impact. All credit to Hill for getting the most out of Calvin but probably more credit to Calvin for having the right attitude. He's never really been first choice but has clearly worked hard on fitness and fitting in to the Dale way.

Be interesting to see if Davies can do similar.

TBBT

Calvin on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 4621 viewsroccydaleian

Calvin on 13:57 - Oct 2 by SalwaDale

Must admit to being fascinated by the way the whole Calvin as a Dale player is turning out. We've had better players than Calvin simply disappear and fail to make a real impact. All credit to Hill for getting the most out of Calvin but probably more credit to Calvin for having the right attitude. He's never really been first choice but has clearly worked hard on fitness and fitting in to the Dale way.

Be interesting to see if Davies can do similar.

Agree with all that SD, and if Davies can do similar, that will be a cracking signing, seems a class act to me.
Calvin on 18:32 - Oct 2 with 4368 viewsolympicdale

Always liked Calv, puts a shift in. I never understood his critics, glad to see him keeping them quiet.

Life is a game of fate.

Calvin on 19:14 - Oct 2 with 4302 viewspnc4eva1

Calvin has talent. He was unfit when he signed and many still haven't forgiven him for that. He was also slated by fans of his old clubs. Again he hasn't been forgiven for that. He didn't have the pace or 110% effort of George and was judged on that. However Hill's judgement is coming to fruition.

He scored more than George. Has more talent, not many don't and seems a genuinely nice guy. Glad he's getting the plaudits at last

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 22:57 - Oct 2 with 4075 viewsD_Dale

In 111 league starts, plus 157 as a sub, he's scored 26 goals, of which 13 were for Dale (24 starts plus 48 as sub - more appearances for us than for any other of his 12 clubs).

It could be said that the most successful part of his career has been under Hilly's management.
Calvin on 00:58 - Oct 3 with 3989 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin on 22:29 - Oct 1 by D_Alien

Scoring regularly? Come on..he's definitely improved this season (so far) and is playing an important role in the team at the moment but he's scored 2 goals this campaign and got 6 last year. Let's not start pissing our pants just yet.
Calvin on 07:50 - Oct 3 with 3896 viewsroccydaleian

Calvin on 00:58 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

Scoring regularly? Come on..he's definitely improved this season (so far) and is playing an important role in the team at the moment but he's scored 2 goals this campaign and got 6 last year. Let's not start pissing our pants just yet.

Did you not piss your pants on Saturday JR? Another assist by Bunney, goal by Andrew... Probably your worst nightmare. (Awaits, yeah but Bunney gave away the penalty reply).
Calvin on 09:19 - Oct 3 with 3805 viewsMolly

Calvin on 00:58 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

Why do so many of your posts JR have to refer to fecal or urination processes? I'm not sure if you realise it but they do you know. Did you have some sort of a bad experience during potty training?
Calvin on 09:49 - Oct 3 with 3764 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin on 09:19 - Oct 3 by Molly

Why do so many of your posts JR have to refer to fecal or urination processes? I'm not sure if you realise it but they do you know. Did you have some sort of a bad experience during potty training?

lol moment

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Calvin on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 3658 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin on 07:50 - Oct 3 by roccydaleian

Did you not piss your pants on Saturday JR? Another assist by Bunney, goal by Andrew... Probably your worst nightmare. (Awaits, yeah but Bunney gave away the penalty reply).

Bunney's actually given away two penalties recently but I'll let that one slide. I'll judge both him and Calvin at the end of the season. If they keep this form up then I'll be happy to eat my words because both are playing miles better than they have in recent times. However, a few good games isn't gonna change my mind on how good they actually are. Whilst both are in terrific form, it remains to be seen whether either/both have truly turned a corner (in my eyes at least).
Calvin on 11:32 - Oct 3 with 3656 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin on 09:19 - Oct 3 by Molly

I feel like it gets the point across a little better and looks like it's justified if really sticks in your mind that much!
Calvin on 11:42 - Oct 3 with 3635 viewsMolly

Calvin on 11:32 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

I feel like it gets the point across a little better and looks like it's justified if really sticks in your mind that much!

Not really JR . I simply tend to think that there are far better ways of making a point or discussing an issue than having to resort to gutter language. If you disagree then that's your prerogative but you certainly havn't convinced this poster.
Calvin on 12:51 - Oct 3 with 3497 viewssmithc71

He's absolutely useless, 5 goals a season is not good enough for a striker!
Calvin on 12:55 - Oct 3 with 3486 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 12:51 - Oct 3 by smithc71

He's absolutely useless, 5 goals a season is not good enough for a striker!

You're right, he's contributed absolutely nothing since we signed him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin on 13:00 - Oct 3 with 3468 viewssmithc71

🎣🎣🎣
Calvin on 13:02 - Oct 3 with 3459 viewsboromat

I've always said 1 goal in 4 or 5 games for a big target man is acceptable. In his Dale career he's at about 1 in 6. By the end of the season I'd expect him to be closer to the 1 in 4 or 5. He really has improved and Vincenti being injured is helping him at the minute as he's getting a run of games, just hope he doesn't run out of steam.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Calvin on 14:28 - Oct 3 with 3336 viewsJimmyRustler

Calvin on 11:42 - Oct 3 by Molly

Not really JR . I simply tend to think that there are far better ways of making a point or discussing an issue than having to resort to gutter language. If you disagree then that's your prerogative but you certainly havn't convinced this poster.

I think you spend far too much time worrying about what other people are doing if that truly is the case. I'm sure someone will point out the ignore button if you ask them kindly enough.
Calvin on 14:36 - Oct 3 with 3320 viewsaleanddale

Calvin on 14:28 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

I think you spend far too much time worrying about what other people are doing if that truly is the case. I'm sure someone will point out the ignore button if you ask them kindly enough.

You looking forward to tomorrow JR??
Calvin on 15:51 - Oct 3 with 3228 viewsMolly

Calvin on 14:28 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

Not at all JR . Once again you are wrong in your thoughts and assumptions. I can assure you that I have very little to worry me in life, but thank you for your concern. With regards to the ignore button I am aware of its presence should I feel the need to employ it and so don't really feel the need to ask anyone.
Oh by the way I think Calvin has "come good" as his purpose on the pitch is not necessarily that of scoring. He excels in many other aspects of the role for which he is selected. One of our better signings.
Calvin on 16:12 - Oct 3 with 3193 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 11:30 - Oct 3 by JimmyRustler

Bunney's actually given away two penalties recently but I'll let that one slide. I'll judge both him and Calvin at the end of the season. If they keep this form up then I'll be happy to eat my words because both are playing miles better than they have in recent times. However, a few good games isn't gonna change my mind on how good they actually are. Whilst both are in terrific form, it remains to be seen whether either/both have truly turned a corner (in my eyes at least).

What was the other penalty he gave away?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin on 16:23 - Oct 3 with 3170 viewsRosun

Calvin on 16:12 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

What was the other penalty he gave away?

The one against Fleetwood when he borrowed McGahey's shirt perhaps?
Or the one against MK Dons when he had Mc'Nulty's shirt on?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024