Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most joyous goal we ever scored 12:39 - Nov 16 with 13267 viewsLongsufferingR

To counter the other thread when we should be getting ourselves up for the next match rather than looking back to previous disappointments, how about these for starters:

1) Keogh....Zamooooooraaaa. Obviously
2) Rowlands v Swindon 2 minutes in to the game before Hillsborough that we had to win
3) Remy v Wigan. How shortlived that hope was.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:48 - Nov 17 with 1866 viewsDesertBoot

I'd add Routledge's last minute winner at home to Coventry from Adel's unbelievable pass with the outside of his foot. I just knew then we were going up and the skill and touch from both players was outstanding.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 14:12 - Nov 17 with 1838 viewsWilly_WonkR

Eric Sabin's goal away at Grimsby in the year we went up from Division 2 will always stick with me. It was a pretty dire game as far as I remember and 0-0 going into injury time. Chris Day puts in a big kick up field and Furlong has got the run on the defender who then literally (and I use this word in the traditional sense not the new found opposite meaning sense) rugby tackles him. The clueless ref and linesman give nothing and the Grimsby fans are laughing at us.

In the dying seconds of injury time Rowlands has the ball in the box, back heels to Gallen who cuts inside and scuffs a shot against the post. Sabin toe pokes it home from 2 inches and the away ends goes mental. It kept Bristol City off our backs.

I remember it so fondly as it was a time that Holloway got us feeling like we were in it together with the team. I hoping for some of that again!

I've never been able to find any footage. If anyone can help...
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 14:32 - Nov 17 with 1826 viewsPinnerPaul

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 20:45 - Nov 16 by Pommyhoop

All the obvious ones have gone but here's one for the olduns.
I was only 10 but I still remember the noise and joy when Webby smashed it in....

I was thinking of that one last night!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:03 - Nov 17 with 1806 viewskomradkirk

Home to Preston coming back to snatch a 2-2 from 0-2.
10 minutes of solid drunken singing "Di Canio Di Canio in the R Block seemed to inspire the comeback but damned if i can remember the scorers,Ainsworth maybe?
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:12 - Nov 17 with 1783 viewspaulparker

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:03 - Nov 17 by komradkirk

10 minutes of solid drunken singing "Di Canio Di Canio in the R Block seemed to inspire the comeback but damned if i can remember the scorers,Ainsworth maybe?

never forget that game , only because I went with my old man which was rare , and he was moaning and groaning about how sh1t we were and how the sixties was better and that he was cold and thirsty and can we go to the pub
so off we trot at 2 nil down must have been 82 minutes gone , we get to the car and a roar goes up , we have pulled one back
we are then half way up the western avenue when my mate calls and says we got another , what a comeback etc , me and the old man just looked at each and went what a couple of prats

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:18 - Nov 17 with 1798 viewsAntti_Heinola

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:03 - Nov 17 by komradkirk

Was one of Gaz's last games for us. He looked utterly shot. Not the player he once was. And then, he swung a boot at a ball to get one and then put in a perfect ball for Dex to head the equaliser. I think it was Dex - confusing because I think he also got a winner against them in a 3-2 win too?

Bare bones.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:29 - Nov 17 with 1781 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just checked.
The ainsworth and Dex strikes were both in the 90th minute.
And Dex did get an 86th minute winner in a 3-2 the year after.
and had scored that volley mentioned elsewhere the year before.
so three years in a row .

Also, fun fact: Priskin scored for them in Ainsworth's 2-2. then scored for us in another 2-2, 2 years later in almost the same minute. Must've been his only goal for us, surely?

Bare bones.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:31 - Nov 17 with 1772 viewspaulparker

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:18 - Nov 17 by Antti_Heinola

Was one of Gaz's last games for us. He looked utterly shot. Not the player he once was. And then, he swung a boot at a ball to get one and then put in a perfect ball for Dex to head the equaliser. I think it was Dex - confusing because I think he also got a winner against them in a 3-2 win too?

the last game he played I think was the 4 nil against Preston a couple of seasons later
DaveB covered in when he said Ainsworth had a bicycle kick that went just over the bar
it would have been one "the" moments at loftus road had that gone in
Gaz changed the game that day against Preston in the 2-2 as for some strange reason we had Legsofwood playing right wing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:33 - Nov 17 with 1774 viewsqprxtc

Goals that did it for me:
Billy Hamilton v Man City home 1978 (2-1)
Clive Allen v Chelsea home 1979 (2-2)
All three goals v West Ham home 1980 (3-0)
Clive Allen v Palace home 1982 FACQF (1-0)
Clive Allen’s knee v WBA Highbury1982 FACSF (1-0)
Terry Fenwick v Spurs Wembley 1982 FACF (1-1)
Tony Sealy v Chelsea away 1983 (2-0)
Paul Hart og v Leeds home 1983 (1-0)
Winning goal maybe Fenwick or Fereday? v Spurs home 1984 (2-1)
Micklewhite v Newcastle home 1984 (5-5)
Byrne v Forest home 1985 Milk Cup (3-1)
McDonald & Robinson v Chelsea away 1986 MCQFR (2-0)
Gillespie og v Liverpool away 1986 MCSF2L (2-2)
All 6 goals 31 March 1986
Byrne v Oxford home 1986 (1-1)
Bannister (hat trick) v Chelsea home 1987 (3-1)
Pizanti v West Ham home 1988 FAC4 (3-1)
Falco v Norwich home 1989 (1-1)
McDonald v Manu Utd home 1989 FAC3R (2-2)
Gray v Man Utd home 1989 (3-2)
Wegerle, Samson v Arsenal home 1990 FAC4R (2-0)
Barker v Liverpool home 1990 FACQF (2-2)
Wilson v Liverpool away 1991 (3-1)
Bailey v Man Utd away 1992 (4-1)
Wilkins v Spurs home 1992 (4-1)
Sinclair (fun being sat in the Shelf!) v Spurs away 1994 (2-1)
Wilson v Millwall home 1995 FAC5 (1-0)
Spencer v Port Vale away 1997 (4-4)
Pollock og v Man City away 1998 (2-2)
Kulcsar v Palace home 1999 (6-0)
Gallen v Stockport away 1999 (3-3)
Kiwomya v Gillingham away 2001 (1-0)
Griffiths v Chelsea home PSF 2001 (3-1)
Bircham v Brentford away 2003 (2-1)
Furlong v Oldham home POSF2L (1-0)
Furlong v Barnsley away 2004 (3-3)
All three goals v Sheff Wed away 2004 (3-1)
Furlong v Leicester home 2004 (3-2)
Furlong v Luton home 2007 (3-2)
Blackstock v Preston home 2008 (2-2)
Mackie v Derby away 2010 (2-2)
Miller v Leicester home 2011 (1-0)
Tarrabt v Watford away 2011 (2-0)
Smith v Everton away 2011 (1-0)
Helguson v Chelsea home 2011 (1-0)
Mackie v Liverpool home 2012 (3-2)
Cisse v Stoke home 2012 (1-0)
Mackie v Man City away 2012 (2-3)
Wright-Phillips v Chelsea away 2013 (1-0)
Austin(2nd goal) v Wigan POSF2L (2-1)
Zamora v Derby Wembley POF (1-0)
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:47 - Nov 17 with 1750 viewsflitwickhoop

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 14:12 - Nov 17 by Willy_WonkR

Eric Sabin's goal away at Grimsby in the year we went up from Division 2 will always stick with me. It was a pretty dire game as far as I remember and 0-0 going into injury time. Chris Day puts in a big kick up field and Furlong has got the run on the defender who then literally (and I use this word in the traditional sense not the new found opposite meaning sense) rugby tackles him. The clueless ref and linesman give nothing and the Grimsby fans are laughing at us.

In the dying seconds of injury time Rowlands has the ball in the box, back heels to Gallen who cuts inside and scuffs a shot against the post. Sabin toe pokes it home from 2 inches and the away ends goes mental. It kept Bristol City off our backs.

I remember it so fondly as it was a time that Holloway got us feeling like we were in it together with the team. I hoping for some of that again!

I remember this goal very fondly too!

I remember being up on my feet after the penalty shout (it was worse than a rugger tackle!) and then Sabin scores from about 6 yards offside, people on the pitch and everything.

Remember the journey back to Cleethorpes station being pretty hairy too, think I saw one copper all afternoon!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 16:04 - Nov 17 with 1731 viewsdannyblue

For some reason this Devon White goal has always stuck in my mind:

Watching it again it is better than I remembered because of the approach play with Wilkins pulling the strings and the Bard overlapping. I was standing in the loft behind the post and the ball curled its way right towards me. I'd have caught it in my chest if the net hadn't stopped it.

Perhaps not the most joyous goal, but always love this Akos flick:

Also in the De Canio days...I think it was against Scunthorpe...we scored a beautiful slick passing goal. But I can't find it anywhere.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 16:28 - Nov 17 with 1720 viewsAntti_Heinola

God I miss Akos.

Bare bones.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 16:55 - Nov 17 with 1688 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:33 - Nov 17 by qprxtc

Goals that did it for me:
Billy Hamilton v Man City home 1978 (2-1)
Clive Allen v Chelsea home 1979 (2-2)
All three goals v West Ham home 1980 (3-0)
Clive Allen v Palace home 1982 FACQF (1-0)
Clive Allen’s knee v WBA Highbury1982 FACSF (1-0)
Terry Fenwick v Spurs Wembley 1982 FACF (1-1)
Tony Sealy v Chelsea away 1983 (2-0)
Paul Hart og v Leeds home 1983 (1-0)
Winning goal maybe Fenwick or Fereday? v Spurs home 1984 (2-1)
Micklewhite v Newcastle home 1984 (5-5)
Byrne v Forest home 1985 Milk Cup (3-1)
McDonald & Robinson v Chelsea away 1986 MCQFR (2-0)
Gillespie og v Liverpool away 1986 MCSF2L (2-2)
All 6 goals 31 March 1986
Byrne v Oxford home 1986 (1-1)
Bannister (hat trick) v Chelsea home 1987 (3-1)
Pizanti v West Ham home 1988 FAC4 (3-1)
Falco v Norwich home 1989 (1-1)
McDonald v Manu Utd home 1989 FAC3R (2-2)
Gray v Man Utd home 1989 (3-2)
Wegerle, Samson v Arsenal home 1990 FAC4R (2-0)
Barker v Liverpool home 1990 FACQF (2-2)
Wilson v Liverpool away 1991 (3-1)
Bailey v Man Utd away 1992 (4-1)
Wilkins v Spurs home 1992 (4-1)
Sinclair (fun being sat in the Shelf!) v Spurs away 1994 (2-1)
Wilson v Millwall home 1995 FAC5 (1-0)
Spencer v Port Vale away 1997 (4-4)
Pollock og v Man City away 1998 (2-2)
Kulcsar v Palace home 1999 (6-0)
Gallen v Stockport away 1999 (3-3)
Kiwomya v Gillingham away 2001 (1-0)
Griffiths v Chelsea home PSF 2001 (3-1)
Bircham v Brentford away 2003 (2-1)
Furlong v Oldham home POSF2L (1-0)
Furlong v Barnsley away 2004 (3-3)
All three goals v Sheff Wed away 2004 (3-1)
Furlong v Leicester home 2004 (3-2)
Furlong v Luton home 2007 (3-2)
Blackstock v Preston home 2008 (2-2)
Mackie v Derby away 2010 (2-2)
Miller v Leicester home 2011 (1-0)
Tarrabt v Watford away 2011 (2-0)
Smith v Everton away 2011 (1-0)
Helguson v Chelsea home 2011 (1-0)
Mackie v Liverpool home 2012 (3-2)
Cisse v Stoke home 2012 (1-0)
Mackie v Man City away 2012 (2-3)
Wright-Phillips v Chelsea away 2013 (1-0)
Austin(2nd goal) v Wigan POSF2L (2-1)
Zamora v Derby Wembley POF (1-0)

What a great list - i can completely relate to
Amazing
Some incredible experiences
Weird to say but I think Holloway will bring us back together and we will improve
Be great to see Gerry Francis back (here's hoping)
Gallens for sure
Unsure about Bircham - but he's one of us so let's hope it works out
U R's
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 6:32]
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 17:14 - Nov 17 with 1676 viewsCFW

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 13:41 - Nov 16 by johnhoop

Thanks Disco. Just watched the clip and daft sod that I am it practically had me welling up, fifty years on from that day.(well 49 anyway).

Showing my age I know but was there with my Dad and all of the 'Allen' family. The whole cup run and the wonderful day at Wembley will go with me to my grave. I remember my Dad being sick for two days following the party that followed at our house - so much drink was consumed and Les bless him had more than his fair share!!!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 1622 viewswgchoop

Trouble with this thread ive just realised is its another opportunity for my old man to remonise about the goals i never witnesed oh god here comes the marsh and bowles era again 😉😉😉😉
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 20:57]
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:02 - Nov 17 with 1610 viewsPeterHucker

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:47 - Nov 17 by flitwickhoop

I remember this goal very fondly too!

I remember being up on my feet after the penalty shout (it was worse than a rugger tackle!) and then Sabin scores from about 6 yards offside, people on the pitch and everything.

Remember the journey back to Cleethorpes station being pretty hairy too, think I saw one copper all afternoon!

I'm glad others remember the rugby tackle on Furlong away at Grimsby the day Sabin scored the winner.

The ref knew it was a pen but he was miles away from the ball and he ran over towards the linesman on our left thinking he was going to flag a pen. But the linesman had some noisy home fans behind him and he bottled it.

Got to be the most blatant penalty I've ever seen in my life.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:16 - Nov 17 with 1599 viewsLongsufferingR

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 15:31 - Nov 17 by paulparker

the last game he played I think was the 4 nil against Preston a couple of seasons later
DaveB covered in when he said Ainsworth had a bicycle kick that went just over the bar
it would have been one "the" moments at loftus road had that gone in
Gaz changed the game that day against Preston in the 2-2 as for some strange reason we had Legsofwood playing right wing

We'd never have a strange choice of player on the right wing these days!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:23 - Nov 17 with 1593 viewsRangersw12

Put it up on twitter a few days ago
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 08:28 - Nov 18 with 1543 viewsWilly_WonkR

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:23 - Nov 17 by Rangersw12

Put it up on twitter a few days ago

Cheers W12.
I was almost too scared to watch it in case it wasn't how I remembered. It didn't disappoint.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 08:43 - Nov 18 with 1534 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well not one goal from Frances , Bowles, Thomas.

Load of part timers only going to the big games me thinks.....
[Post edited 18 Nov 2016 8:44]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 09:01 - Nov 18 with 1521 viewsTheChef

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:22 - Nov 16 by ted_hendrix

I think Zamora's goal should be put in a cabinet trophy for good measure.

Rather obscurely my 3 favourite goals were all scored away from home but they all had a huge impact at the time.

First was I think 1970 or 1971, I turned up late at Oxford United's shithole (the Manor) and could only get in the packed home end, last minute and we get a corner and Rodney Marsh heads the bastard into the net right in front of me, I went apeshit and about 30 seconds later got chased out of the ground at about 100 MPH across the road, past the pub and through the housing estate, they didn't catch me though. Try running fast when your laughing your head off.

Second was Port Fail; dear me Sunday dinner time it's somewhere about 80 minutes and we're losing 4-0 and playing shit, their right back for some strange reason decided to start playing for us, You honestly got the sense that they were falling apart and they were and did, I managed to rescue my lad Dave from the clutches of the law as he was doing the pogo on the pitch after we scored our fourth goal, I also landed a celebratory punch on Danny Dichio's head during the celebration, you honestly had to be there. In the space of 10 minutes your going from thinking why do I do this to now I know why I do this, I always thought Paul Murray was a great player for us.

My all time favourite though was Huddersfield away, FA cup replay on a cold foggy miserable Tuesday night. all square with a couple of minutes to go, we get a corner the ball comes over and there's suddenly a hush in the stadium and you could hear Alan McDonald shout as clear as day "get out of the fcking way" and he heads the ball into the net like he's been doing it all his life, I loved the bloke.
That Alan McDonald goal will stay with me forever, I miss his sort at Rangers.

I was at the Etihad when Cisse and Mackie scored, Row A seat 1 virtually right behind the goal, Cisse actually screamed when he scored, when Mackie scored I screamed too.

Oooh re the 4-4 Port Vale game, I forgot the Impey volley and Murray chip/dink over the keeper. Two real quality goals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 10:17 - Nov 18 with 1496 viewsSuffolkHoop

Zamora at Wembley
Austin home v Wigan
Mackie v Liverpool

Special mentions for Mackie's brace away at Ipswich and Taarabt vs Tottenham.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2016 10:19]
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 10:32 - Nov 18 with 1484 viewshopphoops

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 10:17 - Nov 18 by SuffolkHoop

Zamora at Wembley
Austin home v Wigan
Mackie v Liverpool

Special mentions for Mackie's brace away at Ipswich and Taarabt vs Tottenham.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2016 10:19]

I wish I'd been there for Diakité v Arsenal.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 10:58 - Nov 18 with 1471 viewsdaveB

I was at that game as well, great scenes at the end and a very drunken day. Warren Barton was celebrating like we won the league that day

We found a pub near the ground that sold vibrators in the toilets rather than condoms which seemed weird to me so I bought one and put it in my wife's handbag without her knowing which embarrassed the life out of her when they did a bag search before we went in the ground.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 11:59 - Nov 18 with 1447 viewsPinnerPaul

1st goal tomorrow?

Fingers crossed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024