Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most joyous goal we ever scored 12:39 - Nov 16 with 13268 viewsLongsufferingR

To counter the other thread when we should be getting ourselves up for the next match rather than looking back to previous disappointments, how about these for starters:

1) Keogh....Zamooooooraaaa. Obviously
2) Rowlands v Swindon 2 minutes in to the game before Hillsborough that we had to win
3) Remy v Wigan. How shortlived that hope was.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:06 - Nov 16 with 1925 viewsrichranger

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 14:14 - Nov 16 by robith

Not in the pure out pouring of the joy, but in the "hmm, through all my QPR pessimism, it just clicked with me how good this team actually is"

Great shout - goal pure class!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:09 - Nov 16 with 1923 viewsterryb

Keith Bradley og.

Villa Park May 1968 & we are in the top division!

A fabulous ball from Frank Clarke & Rodney is waiting to convert. Mr Bradley removed all the doubts!
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:11 - Nov 16 with 1922 viewsrichranger

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:06 - Nov 16 by richranger

Great shout - goal pure class!

Apart from the others here - Dexter Blackstock against Preston - great volley, after an incredible through ball from Nygaard.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:22 - Nov 16 with 1908 viewsted_hendrix

I think Zamora's goal should be put in a cabinet trophy for good measure.

Rather obscurely my 3 favourite goals were all scored away from home but they all had a huge impact at the time.

First was I think 1970 or 1971, I turned up late at Oxford United's shithole (the Manor) and could only get in the packed home end, last minute and we get a corner and Rodney Marsh heads the bastard into the net right in front of me, I went apeshit and about 30 seconds later got chased out of the ground at about 100 MPH across the road, past the pub and through the housing estate, they didn't catch me though. Try running fast when your laughing your head off.

Second was Port Fail; dear me Sunday dinner time it's somewhere about 80 minutes and we're losing 4-0 and playing shit, their right back for some strange reason decided to start playing for us, You honestly got the sense that they were falling apart and they were and did, I managed to rescue my lad Dave from the clutches of the law as he was doing the pogo on the pitch after we scored our fourth goal, I also landed a celebratory punch on Danny Dichio's head during the celebration, you honestly had to be there. In the space of 10 minutes your going from thinking why do I do this to now I know why I do this, I always thought Paul Murray was a great player for us.

My all time favourite though was Huddersfield away, FA cup replay on a cold foggy miserable Tuesday night. all square with a couple of minutes to go, we get a corner the ball comes over and there's suddenly a hush in the stadium and you could hear Alan McDonald shout as clear as day "get out of the fcking way" and he heads the ball into the net like he's been doing it all his life, I loved the bloke.
That Alan McDonald goal will stay with me forever, I miss his sort at Rangers.

I was at the Etihad when Cisse and Mackie scored, Row A seat 1 virtually right behind the goal, Cisse actually screamed when he scored, when Mackie scored I screamed too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:37 - Nov 16 with 1889 viewsHarbour

Mackie winner against Liverpool after being 2 down night game great atmosphere semi final v Wigan Charlie's winner Zamora Wembley Adela winner v Cardiff Gerry Francis v Liverpool cissie v stoke
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:42 - Nov 16 with 1882 viewsFredManRave

Kiwomya's hat trick goal in THAT game against Palace. I was so bloody nervous before that game for obvious reasons so every goal in that game was greeted with an ever increasing amount of joy (and relief) so by the time Kiwomya's 3rd went in with 5 minutes to go making it 6-0 and the game safe there was an overload of joyousness.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:43 - Nov 16 with 1879 viewsjohncharles

Any of Denis Bailey's goals against Manure on New Year's Day 1992.
Because so many people were away for the holiday or had gone to Old Trafford (lucky fckers) I was watching it on the tele at home. Jumping, shouting and rolling on the floor. And laughing my bollox off.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2016 18:45]

Strong and stable my arse.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 18:46 - Nov 16 with 1877 viewsMrSheen

Pizanti and Andy Grey, improbable magicians.

From the same era, we were playing Norwich at New Year and absolutely battering them but still a goal down well into injury time. Finally Mark Falco gets the defender, goalie and ball over the line Nat Lofthouse stylee. Beautiful ugly goal, great hangover cure.
Login to get fewer ads

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 19:22 - Nov 16 with 1847 viewswgchoop

Apart from zamoras ill go for Andy Greys first against utd in 1989 3-2 home win, top corner thunder bolt out of the rough down the right wing great era for me.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 20:34 - Nov 16 with 1798 viewsingeminate

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 19:22 - Nov 16 by wgchoop

Apart from zamoras ill go for Andy Greys first against utd in 1989 3-2 home win, top corner thunder bolt out of the rough down the right wing great era for me.

Not seen it mentioned, but Clive Wilson against Millwall still takes some beating.

Otherwise Sinclair's the best but not joyous, that has to be Zamora.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 20:45 - Nov 16 with 1787 viewsPommyhoop

All the obvious ones have gone but here's one for the olduns.
I was only 10 but I still remember the noise and joy when Webby smashed it in....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:16 - Nov 16 with 1769 viewsE17hoop

When this went in, the away end went mental. And then he did it again a few minutes later...

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:39 - Nov 16 with 1743 viewsPunteR

Some great shouts already..

Zamora is tops for me.

Shout out to Wegerle's goal v Leeds

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 21:53 - Nov 16 with 1732 viewsMarshman

Kenny Samsons 's goal in the FA cup 4th round replay in front of the loft was unforgettable but given the occasion and the match situation the Zamora moment is one that few football supporters will experience.

There you go again with them negative waves

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 22:01 - Nov 16 with 1720 viewsSydneyRs

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 13:27 - Nov 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Lazarus was before my time and I wasn't at Wembley for Zamoraaaaa but I'd like to add Sinton's last-gasp goal at home to Arsenal in the cup and in the pouring rain. Sansom's opener was probably a better goal technically but Sinton's turned unbearable tension to unbeatable euphoria.

Good call. That was an amazing night and the rain was horrendous! We were really under the pump and then broke out for Sinton's goal. A cracking night. There were a couple of right nutters that used to go in the Loft in those days (during one dull game they were pretending to be Millwall to try and start something with their own fans!), and one of them discovered one of my mates was a Man Utd fan in the Springbok afterwards. A lot of "calm down" type discussion ensued.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 22:34 - Nov 16 with 1695 viewsBakes

This is my nomination

Followed by

[Post edited 16 Nov 2016 22:35]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 22:53 - Nov 16 with 1680 viewsHendonHoop

Alan McDonald's last min. equalizer v Man.. Utd at home in FA Cup 1989.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 23:04 - Nov 16 with 1669 viewsCiderwithRsie

What a fantastic thread. Maybe we should have this as a sticky, or perhaps Clive should have it in a box with "in case of more-than-usual-QPR-shite break glass" on it. So many wonderful memories.

Mine would have been Robinson, Gillespie's OG, and Barker vs Liverpool. Though now Brian Mc's reminded me, Sinton's vs Arsenal was a very lovely moment indeed.

For slightly odd reasons I was dead chuffed when Leroy got the 6th against Them. Partly because it was nice to rack up a 6th, but also because, well, Leroy! Even Leroy!

Clive Wilson at Anfield to make it 1-3 after the cheating bastards and been given their usual penalty was great too, though I'm not sure that Wegerle's to make it 0-2 just before half-time wasn't more joyous - that was when I thought we'd finally got them cold.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 23:05 - Nov 16 with 1668 viewscaliforniahoop

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:43 - Nov 16 by JacksDad

Micklewhite v Newcastle - all ready to go home at half time and then invaded the pitch at the end !!!!

Micklewhite against the toon, I nearly left at Halftime also, if it hadn't taken so long to get a pint I would have missed that come back.

Allen against WBA, Andy Gray against Man U, Samson against Arsenal, Pazanti against West Ham, Furlong against Sunderland, Leicester, Luton, Sheffield Wed, Adel against Reading, Preston, I could go on.

Best by opposition, Frank Worthington hitting a half volley over Parkes.
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 23:26 - Nov 16 with 1653 viewsBoston

All of the above.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 11:14 - Nov 17 with 1574 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 19:22 - Nov 16 by wgchoop

Had forgotten Colin Clarke's slowest-ever reaction to an offside flag. Everybody else was at White City boarding the train home and Clarke was still in front of the loft, celebrating, on his own.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 11:19 - Nov 17 with 1568 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 23:04 - Nov 16 by CiderwithRsie

What a fantastic thread. Maybe we should have this as a sticky, or perhaps Clive should have it in a box with "in case of more-than-usual-QPR-shite break glass" on it. So many wonderful memories.

Mine would have been Robinson, Gillespie's OG, and Barker vs Liverpool. Though now Brian Mc's reminded me, Sinton's vs Arsenal was a very lovely moment indeed.

For slightly odd reasons I was dead chuffed when Leroy got the 6th against Them. Partly because it was nice to rack up a 6th, but also because, well, Leroy! Even Leroy!

Clive Wilson at Anfield to make it 1-3 after the cheating bastards and been given their usual penalty was great too, though I'm not sure that Wegerle's to make it 0-2 just before half-time wasn't more joyous - that was when I thought we'd finally got them cold.

Willo at Anfield! Great shout. I can't remember how I reacted but I may have just froze with disbelief that we were finally going to win there.

And any of the four goals during the 4-1 at Anfield.

Wegerle at Leeds was another. Perhaps my all-time favourite away celebration. Mental!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:17 - Nov 17 with 1542 viewsBAWHoops

This may sound nuts.... but Bobby Zamora's winner is being grossly underplayed here!

There simply are no words that will ever do it justice

90th minute. 10 men. Under the cosh and then.... that

My legs buckled under the emotion of the celebration

It was, is and always will be the greatest single moment in our history

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:38 - Nov 17 with 1524 viewswgchoop

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 11:14 - Nov 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Had forgotten Colin Clarke's slowest-ever reaction to an offside flag. Everybody else was at White City boarding the train home and Clarke was still in front of the loft, celebrating, on his own.

He just never looked like a professional footballer for some reason lol perhaps that should be a new thread "footballers that dont look like footballers "
Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:39 - Nov 17 with 1521 viewsAntti_Heinola

Most joyous goal we ever scored on 12:17 - Nov 17 by BAWHoops

This may sound nuts.... but Bobby Zamora's winner is being grossly underplayed here!

There simply are no words that will ever do it justice

90th minute. 10 men. Under the cosh and then.... that

My legs buckled under the emotion of the celebration

It was, is and always will be the greatest single moment in our history

It's a rarity. Normally you celebrate a goal, but it was so late we were celebrating:

A goal.
A winning goal.
And a winning goal to win promotion.

At the same time.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024