Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A couple of positives 11:21 - Jan 29 with 2164 viewskirbys

Having trawed through many negatives on yesterday it's important to look into one or to positives.
I was really impressed with Jamie Allens contibution yesterday, it was his best game since returning from injury following which he couldn't get into a winning side. He is deffo getting his speed and controlled aggression back. Considering the lack of familiarity with his teamates the performances of Kitchen and later Redshaw showed positive signs for the future in the face of a serious loss of very very influencial players.
Peter Vincenty has taken almost as much stick as Conrad Logan for missing the target with a header. This is unwarranted as he cannot yet be fully match fit following a long lay off yet he covered acres of ground, was the only target man following Calvins departure and also showed his ability to link play down the left in contrast to the other flank where we continue to look vulnerable.
Up to half time we outplayed and outfought Hudd, but some credit to them they never cracked and stuck to their plan which payed off in the end.
I only hope dale fans stick by the club till we get through this difficult period.
A couple of positives on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 2078 viewsaleanddale

Well done for being positive but I don't thing the fans are ready to throw in the towel just yet!!

Conrad to bounce back and the free header missed worthy of discussion on a messageboard. If only that had been on target.

Loads to play for now. No distractions.

Let's battle away and pick up what we can in what's now a 19 game mini season.

30 points from here would probably see us in the play offs so can we get another 10 wins??

I have no idea but I will be enthused and positive myself now for the reminder of this campaign and look forward to seeing how we evolve to cope with the injury / form situation.

Up the Dale.
A couple of positives on 11:59 - Jan 29 with 2072 viewsbazingadale

Lack of match fitness shouldn't really affect putting a header on target, a simple one at that. Don't put it down to lacking match fitness, he's a professional player and that shouldn't be affecting his ability to head a ball
A couple of positives on 12:13 - Jan 29 with 2043 viewsTVOS1907

A couple of positives on 11:59 - Jan 29 by bazingadale

Lack of match fitness shouldn't really affect putting a header on target, a simple one at that. Don't put it down to lacking match fitness, he's a professional player and that shouldn't be affecting his ability to head a ball

No, but as Hill said, "Players are only human and, in the words of Human League, born to make mistakes."

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A couple of positives on 12:22 - Jan 29 with 2009 viewsboromat

A couple of positives on 11:59 - Jan 29 by bazingadale

I disagree it's not about fitness it's about sharpness playing week in week out gives you those few milliseconds extra of thinking time in those situations and that's the difference between that hitting the back of the net or flying over. He will be a bit rusty at the moment but it'll come, Hill admitted he'd been rushed back due to other injuries.

My point wouldn't stand if he'd only been out for a couple of weeks but he's been out for half a season!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

A couple of positives on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 1954 viewsjudd

A couple of positives on 12:13 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

No, but as Hill said, "Players are only human and, in the words of Human League, born to make mistakes."

They're actually Todd Rundgrens words. The song was covered by the Human League.

But hey, you're only human.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A couple of positives on 12:50 - Jan 29 with 1938 viewsTVOS1907

A couple of positives on 12:45 - Jan 29 by judd

They're actually Todd Rundgrens words. The song was covered by the Human League.

I was quoting Hill, tbf, ect.

Yours,
A Pedant

A couple of positives on 12:54 - Jan 29 with 1919 viewsD_Alien

A couple of positives on 12:50 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

I was quoting Hill, tbf, ect.

Yours,
A Pedant

etc

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A couple of positives on 12:57 - Jan 29 with 1892 viewsTVOS1907

A couple of positives on 12:54 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

etc

I know. Judd will understand.

Login to get fewer ads

A couple of positives on 13:14 - Jan 29 with 1864 viewsjudd

A couple of positives on 12:45 - Jan 29 by judd

That was to Hilly and you can stick it in the programme.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A couple of positives on 13:17 - Jan 29 with 1837 viewsTVOS1907

A couple of positives on 13:14 - Jan 29 by judd

That was to Hilly and you can stick it in the programme.

I'd better not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024