Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson 10:50 - May 29 with 7424 viewsmagicdaps10

As a cheap alternative to Harry Maguire.

Cheek aye.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:41 - May 29 with 1516 viewsjojaca

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:31 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Every mistake Stones makes is magnified due to his price tag and by the desire of many to see him fail.

Most of Mawson's regular mistakes do not even make it to the highlights on Match of the Day. He is caught out of position so often, gives away possession often and if it were not for Fernandez being in excellent form for the latter half of the season, he'd have been criminally exposed.

He is currently a below average Premier League defender. Burnley's Keane looks far better currently.

Harsh, the kid only played half a season. He improved immensely towards the end and its nice to have a defender who is a threat from set pieces. You expect him to come straight from Barnsley and turn instantly into the new Bobby Moore.

Even when you know, you never know?

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:43 - May 29 with 1508 viewsJBT95

I thought Maguire was out of contract?
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:44 - May 29 with 1499 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:41 - May 29 by jojaca

Harsh, the kid only played half a season. He improved immensely towards the end and its nice to have a defender who is a threat from set pieces. You expect him to come straight from Barnsley and turn instantly into the new Bobby Moore.

I think he has done better than we could have hoped for considering he was rushed straight into the first team against some of the best players in the world.

I just think comparisons to John Stones and other over hyped comments are way off the mark. He is young and hopefully he'll continue to improve to the point where we can break our transfer fee record when we sell him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:52 - May 29 with 1479 viewsSPboy

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:31 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Every mistake Stones makes is magnified due to his price tag and by the desire of many to see him fail.

Most of Mawson's regular mistakes do not even make it to the highlights on Match of the Day. He is caught out of position so often, gives away possession often and if it were not for Fernandez being in excellent form for the latter half of the season, he'd have been criminally exposed.

He is currently a below average Premier League defender. Burnley's Keane looks far better currently.

Incredible, you think Fernandez is better than Mawson? Do you ever watch us live?

I'd offer them Fernandez for half the value they bid for Mawson.

As for Keane Man U reject - based on his displays against us, only fractionally better than Fernandez on a good day
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 15:01 - May 29 with 1458 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:52 - May 29 by SPboy

Incredible, you think Fernandez is better than Mawson? Do you ever watch us live?

I'd offer them Fernandez for half the value they bid for Mawson.

As for Keane Man U reject - based on his displays against us, only fractionally better than Fernandez on a good day

Yes, Fernandez is a far superior to Mawson currently. I am sure most on here would agree with that. I would assume your bias comes from Mawson's goals and occasional wonder tackle. However, he often has to put in those incredible last ditch tackles as his woeful positioning has left him horribly exposed and the ball played behind him with ease.

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 15:10 - May 29 with 1455 viewspencoedjack

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:18 - May 29 by magicdaps10

Has made mistakes but so has Stones. I think Stones is so over rated it is untrue.

Would like to have seen Stones playing in the same situation as Mawson has this season, against relegation for an unfashionable team.
I had reservations when we signed Mawson but we have a gem in this lad.

I agree about Stones being overrated

Every time I have watched him he has made at least 1 mistake
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 15:34 - May 29 with 1410 viewsDewi1jack

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 14:34 - May 29 by sP7qupUf

Here we go..bring all our former players back. How much do Wycombe want for Bayo. Worth a cheeky bid surely.

Don't even jest.

If Wycombe come up with the magic Jenkins figure of £5 million and with the snidey sell out b'stards penchant for players who played for us/ had 1 good game against us...
The beast will be back for pre-season

As for Alfie,
IMHO, he could develop into our next Williams, if he's given the chance.
I think he'll make a good captain and will continue to learn his trade then move to a 'big club.'

If our Merrycan owners (the money men, not the front men) are serious about making us into a big sale profit, then they need to keep hold of our better players, improve the squad as a whole, so we can compete for mid table in the PL and chase down the odd cup.

Oh,
and get rid of the snidey sell out b'stards.
Send Jenkins out to start up another roofing business.

Stop the clog getting tickets for his business, maybe starting their own "fan specials" instead.
Surely there is a hotel in Swansea who'd be happy to do a deal with the club for 40- 50 rooms every other weekend.

Get rid of Dimwit and get any quarter/ half decent caterer in instead. Couldn't do a worse job in the commercial department than thickboy thick anyway.
And the coffee would be f**king better!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 15:55 - May 29 with 1369 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 15:01 - May 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, Fernandez is a far superior to Mawson currently. I am sure most on here would agree with that. I would assume your bias comes from Mawson's goals and occasional wonder tackle. However, he often has to put in those incredible last ditch tackles as his woeful positioning has left him horribly exposed and the ball played behind him with ease.

NO.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:00 - May 29 with 1362 viewsNirvana

Dwight, this is absolute bbullsshitt and you know it.

Why in the ffukk would Pochettino even be contemplating signing a "below average PL defender"?

The answer is he wouldn't, and Alfie is quite obviously better than that. He is sometimes caught out, yes, and he plays long passes that sometimes lose possession.

But "criminally exposed"? Ffukkingg hell, man.

And just when you were beginning to make a little sense around here. Still better than res, though.
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:05 - May 29 with 1348 viewsnantywatcher

Why do you insist on commenting on the football forum when you know next to nothing about the game, you are clueless. Get back to the politics.
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:29 - May 29 with 1301 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:05 - May 29 by nantywatcher

Why do you insist on commenting on the football forum when you know next to nothing about the game, you are clueless. Get back to the politics.

Because he's trolling. And people keep biting. So he's going to keep doing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:32 - May 29 with 1290 viewsNirvana

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:29 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Yes he is, Doc.

But to be fair, he will do it whether he gets responses or not.

Sad ffukker.
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:44 - May 29 with 1269 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson is still very raw, also i can't believe Spurs don't already have a young player at the club who's at a similar level.

If Mawson left us now it would send him backwards, if he has a decent agent and half a brain he will know cutting his teeth here for a while is the smart move. Still has plenty of mistakes in his game.

However, a fantastic prospect and we must salute our scouting network on this one, i guess once in a while the law of averages will mean you get a hit !!
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:57 - May 29 with 1245 viewspencoedjack

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 16:29 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Pretty sad life if you spend so much time trying to wind people up on tinternet

A cock of a bloke
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:09 - May 29 with 1217 viewsgrabsplatter

We shouldn't let Mawson go & it's too early for him to sign for a team like spurs. If he carries on progressing like he has this season then his time with a top team will come though
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:45 - May 29 with 1166 viewsWhiterockin

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:09 - May 29 by grabsplatter

We shouldn't let Mawson go & it's too early for him to sign for a team like spurs. If he carries on progressing like he has this season then his time with a top team will come though

Spurs 2nd in the Premier League not a top team?
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:55 - May 29 with 1153 viewsbarry_island

He'd be mad,
We'd be mad.

Anything could happen.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:59 - May 29 with 1138 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So because someone has the opinion that Federico Fernandez and John Stones are better defenders than Alfie Mawson, who has made many mistakes this season, they are trolling?

No wonder this forum is dying. I was accused of trolling about 4 years ago when I was criticising how Jenkins was running the club. When I commented after the Napoli games that Monk was immediately trying to change the way we play. There are other examples too.

Like I said, this forum is dying because if you do not have the same opinion as the majority on absolutely everything then you are deemed a troll. Awful.

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 18:04 - May 29 with 1121 viewsjack247

Dwight is just trying to get a rise out of people. He loves it and he is very good at it. I bite myself often enough. He doesn't believe half the stuff he comes out with.

Back on topic, I'd expect it to take more to sign Mawson than Maguire. Maguire will be back in the PL next season I'm sure. Spurs may be a bit of a jump for him though.
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 18:37 - May 29 with 1063 viewsJBT95

Maguire was out of contract at the end of the season as of a day before the Palace v Hull game, has he signed a new deal?
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 19:02 - May 29 with 1034 viewsgrabsplatter

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 17:45 - May 29 by Whiterockin

Spurs 2nd in the Premier League not a top team?

That's not what I meant, yes they are a top team & it's too early for him to go there.
In a season or 2 with more experience maybe.
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 20:03 - May 29 with 984 viewsphact0rri

he's english too, so doesn't that drive up Mawson's cost a bit, letting go a great young defender would be criminal, but for having him go under £20mill would be crazy. not that I would put that past the genius economists we have employed.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 20:33 - May 29 with 934 viewsGeoffThom

Fernandez was superb the second half of the season once he stopped running everywhere trying to cover poor ch partners and poor fullbacks ,as I said before you don't play that number of games for Argentina and become crap over night they don't play poor players with messi and co very often ,as for Mawson he's coming along slowly and is prone to mistakes and would be caught out a lot more without ff ,it's early days for him and going to Spurs now would be too early .
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 20:59 - May 29 with 902 viewsSPboy

I am speechless that so many people have so much faith in Fernandez.

Truly dreadful, gives up goals or big mistakes in EVERY game. Sure he improved under Clement (his mistakes in every match never turned in to goals under PC somehow) ... but how can anyone forget the comic book defending earlier in the season. We can do and should expect so much better.

... and don't get me started on his distribution, I have never known anyone so colour blind to team mates in white jerseys
Spurs rumoured to be interested in Mawson on 22:37 - May 29 with 846 viewskyswans

This isn't even a rumor.

It was posted on Fansided, a site by fans. A fan suggested it. In no way are the Spurs rumored to be interested in Mawson right now.

Pointless thread
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024