Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done 09:17 - Jul 23 with 53708 views1907

Alan Nixon confirming we are in the process of agreeing a fee with Sheff U for Done. Was spotted at the game yesterday too.
Matt Done on 20:58 - Jul 29 with 6455 viewsrochedale

Matt Done on 11:15 - Jul 29 by fitzochris

To come here, Done will need to leave his Sheff U contract early. He's reportedly on around £6k per week there. I have no idea what weekly wage we will offer him, but it won't be anywhere near that.

Now, Sheff U owe us money for Done due to them getting promoted (contract clause). So, while they are looking for a fee from other clubs who have asked about Done, we could potentially let them keep that money as a transfer fee.

Alternatively, we could negotiate getting Done on a free (they don't want him, Wilder has said as much) and use the money they owe us to offset his wage decrease to some extent.

Given I don't know how much Sheff U owe us, it's hard to say how practical either of these approaches would be. I do believe they've been explored, though.

I'm guessing that the hold up in Done signing is down to the fact that, if he comes back to us, he would be taking too big a hit in his pay and that, as it stands, there is nothing that can be done to rectify that.

He's entitled to see out his contract at Sheff U, but risks not playing competitive football for a long time and then not getting as good an offer elsewhere at the end of his deal.

We've rescued him twice before in that regard.

Bang on, hence the reason he isn't here now, or won't be.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Matt Done on 21:43 - Jul 29 with 6329 viewsShun

Matt Done on 20:58 - Jul 29 by rochedale

That seems like certainty to me!
Matt Done on 21:48 - Jul 29 with 6297 viewsHopwoodblue

Matt Done on 20:58 - Jul 29 by rochedale

Having said all that the powers that be know exactly what he earns, so if there's no chance of giving him something close to that then why has he even been spoken to ?
We must be offering something worth while or it wouldn't have even got off the ground !
If he wants to play football every week under a manger he trusts for less money then you never know. Has anyone from the club said it won't be happening ?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 21:53]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Matt Done on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 5972 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Matt Done on 21:48 - Jul 29 by Hopwoodblue

Having said all that the powers that be know exactly what he earns, so if there's no chance of giving him something close to that then why has he even been spoken to ?
We must be offering something worth while or it wouldn't have even got off the ground !
If he wants to play football every week under a manger he trusts for less money then you never know. Has anyone from the club said it won't be happening ?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 21:53]

Truth is Matt has about half a million quid coming over the next year. He won't earn that with us in 4 years. The only way he will join us is if united agree to terminate his contract or they loan him with most of wages covered by them. In fairness they can afford 300k or so to mutually agree termination (ched is on 14k a week plus bonuses) supposedly so it could happen. It's all down to if he has any use to sheff. If not I expect him to be here soon. If he is seen as a back up to first team then there is no chance of us getting him.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matt Done on 21:56 - Jul 30 with 5508 viewsDaleFan7

His wages are far too high for him to come back here. He's still only 29, played 30+ games for Sheff U last season, he'd have no reason to. Even if he left Sheff U, he could earn far more somewhere else. He isn't coming back here, people need to move on regarding old players signing back here. Seems to be an unhealthy obsession with it.
Matt Done on 23:11 - Jul 30 with 5418 viewsHopwoodblue

Matt Done on 21:56 - Jul 30 by DaleFan7

His wages are far too high for him to come back here. He's still only 29, played 30+ games for Sheff U last season, he'd have no reason to. Even if he left Sheff U, he could earn far more somewhere else. He isn't coming back here, people need to move on regarding old players signing back here. Seems to be an unhealthy obsession with it.

I'm hoping for some good news this week !

Matt Done on 06:15 - Jul 31 with 5277 views1907

Matt Done on 21:56 - Jul 30 by DaleFan7

Are you stupid? Nobody has made this up. The club have been in talks with him.
Matt Done on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 4946 viewsDaleFan7

Matt Done on 06:15 - Jul 31 by 1907

Are you stupid? Nobody has made this up. The club have been in talks with him.

I'm very stupid, thanks for asking! And you can 100% confirm the club have been in talks with him and are about to sign him?

I wish I had the same knowledge of all the clubs goings on as you do. I bow to your superiority.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done on 16:21 - Aug 2 with 4132 viewsfitzochris

It doesn’t look as if Done has been given a squad number by Sheffield United.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/august/squad-numbers-confirmed/

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matt Done on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 3994 viewsstigmundo77

Matt Done on 16:21 - Aug 2 by fitzochris

It doesn’t look as if Done has been given a squad number by Sheffield United.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/august/squad-numbers-confirmed/

Have it on decent authority from a friend that Done if after a pay off before he decides on his next move if he is to leave so this is the hold up

Supposedly he's on very very good money
Matt Done on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 3966 viewsmacro

Matt Done on 17:07 - Aug 2 by stigmundo77

Have it on decent authority from a friend that Done if after a pay off before he decides on his next move if he is to leave so this is the hold up

I’ve this too amongst other rumours. It would make sense - 1 year to go on contract - 8k a week ish at S Utd. Dale offer 2.5k a week. That’s 5.5k a week shortfall.

There’s so may rumours and counter rumours that this a deal I’ll believe when I see the confirmed info on twitter. (The Official Dale site)
Matt Done on 17:21 - Aug 2 with 3941 viewsHopwoodblue

Matt Done on 17:14 - Aug 2 by macro

I’ve this too amongst other rumours. It would make sense - 1 year to go on contract - 8k a week ish at S Utd. Dale offer 2.5k a week. That’s 5.5k a week shortfall.

There’s so may rumours and counter rumours that this a deal I’ll believe when I see the confirmed info on twitter. (The Official Dale site)

Could be the deals done at the very end of the window when they want him off the books and they haven't much choice but to pay him off. Up to that point clubs could come n and offer money for him. I'm wondering if with us that we are offering to take him for nothng to balance the money they may owe us. Nobody really knows I've heard the only issue stopping the deal is Sheffield Utd.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - Aug 2 with 3856 viewsfitzochris

Matt Done on 17:07 - Aug 2 by stigmundo77

I believe that's the current situation, yes.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 17:45]

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:08 - Aug 2 with 3763 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:44 - Aug 2 by fitzochris

I believe that's the current situation, yes.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 17:45]

You'll have 442 on the case shortly questioning where you've got this "inside" knowledge from young man..
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:09 - Aug 2 with 3757 views1907

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:08 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

You'll have 442 on the case shortly questioning where you've got this "inside" knowledge from young man..

Alan Nixon tweeted it a couple of days ago
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:30 - Aug 2 with 3695 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:09 - Aug 2 by 1907

Alan Nixon tweeted it a couple of days ago

What the exact specifics of his wage,surely that's not common knowledge?
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 2 with 3686 viewsSuddenLad

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:30 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

What the exact specifics of his wage,surely that's not common knowledge?

It was common knowledge and widely publicised when he joined them.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 2 with 3656 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 2 by SuddenLad

It was common knowledge and widely publicised when he joined them.

Is the apparent 2.5k a week we've offered him common knowledge,I'd be very surprised.... doesnt bother me at all where hes got the info from nth, its just anytime I mention exact details I get grilled for it
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:46 - Aug 2 with 3644 viewsfitzochris

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:08 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

The inside knowledge has come from the outside.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:49 - Aug 2 with 3635 viewsD_Alien

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

Is the apparent 2.5k a week we've offered him common knowledge,I'd be very surprised.... doesnt bother me at all where hes got the info from nth, its just anytime I mention exact details I get grilled for it

Can we have exact details on those grillings?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:04 - Aug 2 with 3574 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:49 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Can we have exact details on those grillings?

Sadly not it's confidential information......
Matt Done on 21:58 - Aug 2 with 3282 viewssoulboy

And if Nixon writes for the daily crap known as the Sun it must be true.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 22:07]
Matt Done on 22:39 - Aug 2 with 3096 viewsCreepy

If the reported £8k a week figure is correct it makes you realise that its impossible to keep a player once a bigger club is interested. Can't see that he would have been on much more than £1k a week with us before he left.
Matt Done on 00:04 - Aug 3 with 2914 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I have been told he was on near 8k pre promotion. Chances are he had a promotion pay rise so he is way beyond what we can pay. Unless sheff pay him off. He has probably made around 2 million in his career so far so he should be well set up generally. It is all down to if he wants to play and if united pay him off.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matt Done on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 2525 viewsleedsdale

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024