Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Done 09:17 - Jul 23 with 53712 views1907

Alan Nixon confirming we are in the process of agreeing a fee with Sheff U for Done. Was spotted at the game yesterday too.
Matt Done on 19:10 - Aug 3 with 3621 viewsnordenblue

Matt Done on 17:38 - Aug 3 by boromat

All the stories do say free transfer and not undisclosed fee so I think it really was a free transfer. If anything I'm guessing Sheffield have cut their losses a large wage now freed up. Also we will have had a lot of clauses sell ons etc and also maybe a promotion clause. Potentially we've lost out on some money by taking him back on a free transfer.

So my point is/was hes not entirely a "free" transfer if hes actually costing the club a good few grands,not a complaint at all hes worth every penny if we have any ambition of competing for play offs etc...
Matt Done on 21:49 - Aug 3 with 3172 viewsShun

A few players have now had 3 spells at the club, but has anyone had more?
Matt Done on 21:54 - Aug 3 with 3151 viewsTVOS1907

Matt Done on 21:49 - Aug 3 by Shun

Technically, Tom Kennedy did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matt Done on 22:07 - Aug 3 with 3110 viewsnordenblue

A fair few have looked like they're playing under a spell...
Matt Done on 22:15 - Aug 3 with 3066 viewsD_Alien

Matt Done on 22:07 - Aug 3 by nordenblue

A fair few have looked like they're playing under a spell...

Mark Hildwitch had an invisible barrier placed along the goal-line at times...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matt Done on 22:58 - Aug 3 with 2917 viewsR17ALE

Whilst I'm delighted that Matt has returned, I find the mood on here slightly at odds.

There were some who, when we sold him in a deal worth around £400,000, were very critical of the club for abandoning our pursuit of a play-off challenge.

And now we've re-signed him (on a free but big wages for us) I don't really see the well done messages to the club for now pursuing a play-off challenge, although there have been independent posts suggesting we might now threaten the top six.

I'd love to know if anyone can think of another player we've sold for six figures and then re-signed on a free. I think Holt might fit this criteria, but I'm struggling after that.

Other players we've sold and re-signed on a free:

Steve Taylor
Jason Peake
Sadly, Mark fooking Leonard.
Alex Jones.

There must be others.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Matt Done on 23:03 - Aug 3 with 2906 viewsBrierls

Matt Done on 22:58 - Aug 3 by R17ALE

Whilst I'm delighted that Matt has returned, I find the mood on here slightly at odds.

There were some who, when we sold him in a deal worth around £400,000, were very critical of the club for abandoning our pursuit of a play-off challenge.

And now we've re-signed him (on a free but big wages for us) I don't really see the well done messages to the club for now pursuing a play-off challenge, although there have been independent posts suggesting we might now threaten the top six.

I'd love to know if anyone can think of another player we've sold for six figures and then re-signed on a free. I think Holt might fit this criteria, but I'm struggling after that.

Steve Taylor
Jason Peake
Alex Jones.

There must be others.

"I'd love to know if anyone can think of another player we've sold for six figures and then re-signed on a free."

So good, we did it twice!

Absolutely fantastic signing. Well done to all involved at the club who persevered and got this deal done.

Matt Done won't have been short of options, but he wanted to come back to Dale. Why? Because we've got the best manager in the land and players want to play for him! He's being backed marvellously by the board too.

Our options going forward are unreal for a club of our resources. It's fookin ace!

To answer the original question...Joey T can be added to that list.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:05]
Matt Done on 23:52 - Aug 3 with 2783 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Evil?
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Done on 01:12 - Aug 4 with 2717 viewsColDale

Steve Taylor
Jason Peake
Alex Jones.

There must be others.

Keith hill? :-)

Surely you can add Jonah to that list.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Matt Done on 08:30 - Aug 4 with 2469 viewsseasidedale

Shaun Reid
Steve Johnson
Malcolm Brown
the top rtwo we got money for and returned on frees)
Matt Done on 08:51 - Aug 4 with 2410 views442Dale

Steve Taylor
Jason Peake
Alex Jones.

There must be others.

Think we paid a small fee to bring Alex Jones back.

Still chuckle at the tannoy reaction on his return, 'THE BOY IS BACCCCCCCCK'

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matt Done on 13:26 - Aug 4 with 2168 viewsDaleiLama

Hilly on Matt the 3rd.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/hillquotes_done_return/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matt Done on 16:30 - Aug 4 with 1996 views1mark1

Absolutely brilliant signing, and yes well " done "and THANKS to all responsible for bringing back one of the best Dale players in history. And yes it shows brilliant intentions from the Club as far as going for gold and success, in the forward areas of the squad.

As I said on Facebook and Twitter, "Never mind PSG signing Neymar, the best signing of the lot has to be Dale signing Matt Done. 😀🍺👏👍"

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024