Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP decision in - not good 14:01 - Oct 24 with 51129 viewsNorthernr

Arbitration found in favour of the league, basically protecting its role as a lawmaker that can set the rules for its competition as it sees fit. It leaves QPR liable to paying the fine in full, £40m-£60m

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-financial-fair-play-dispute/

The club will be launching an appeal against this which will basically drag the whole thing on for another two years or so. They've a good chance in that, on the grounds of proptionality - you can fine HSBC £1.4bn but you can't fine the local Spar Shop the same amount for the same offence. Basically leaves the whole club, everybody that works there, the training ground development and us supporters in limbo for another two years. But yeh, at least Harry won us a promotion right?

Hopefully critics of Ferdinand, Hoos, Holloway, even Hasselbaink, and basically everybody that's been left to clear up the mess left by Hughes, Redknapp, Beard and most of all Fernandes previously now appreciate what a fcking tight spot they're all in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FFP decision in - not good on 22:11 - Oct 24 with 2902 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

FFP decision in - not good on 21:01 - Oct 24 by ShotKneesHoop

I suggest you use the same address that has worked so well for 'Arry Redknobb...... CEO of Sketchley Cleaners of The Football League.

I know I'm getting a little emotional now. I just can't get my head around it. My moral compass is normally fairly spot on but I still can't work out who's right and who's wrong in all this. Yes we were wrong to spend all that money on those fcking players. It felt wrong at the time and feels wrong now. Does that make it right for the FL to take advantage "in the interests of those who comply"? As for that recurring ffp fine thing. The only way I can see we'd ever get out of that is to sell Loftus Rd and ground share with Brentford. If they'd have us.

Of course all of this might be bs ;)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

FFP decision in - not good on 22:40 - Oct 24 with 2751 viewsbosh67

FFP decision in - not good on 22:11 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

I know I'm getting a little emotional now. I just can't get my head around it. My moral compass is normally fairly spot on but I still can't work out who's right and who's wrong in all this. Yes we were wrong to spend all that money on those fcking players. It felt wrong at the time and feels wrong now. Does that make it right for the FL to take advantage "in the interests of those who comply"? As for that recurring ffp fine thing. The only way I can see we'd ever get out of that is to sell Loftus Rd and ground share with Brentford. If they'd have us.

A lot of this is paper talk. Would the proposed fine be deemed proportionate in a high court against what 3 QCs have said? Probably not. Leicester City's losses were 3 times the size of ours so they could well end up being fined £120m-£180m and Bournemouth even with the new rules could eventually top that.

As a QPR fan I am concerned but it's paper talk at the moment and years from being over. However, weirdly, it could be the beginning of the end for the Football League, because if we get fined then many others will get fined the same and more and then you have a rebellion. Remember that the FL will want to do some kind of deal, a bit like Brexit, punish but don't kill, because if they try and kill us then they may end up on the end of multiple cases and appeals. And strangely that could sink them before it sinks us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP decision in - not good on 22:44 - Oct 24 with 2729 viewsdaveB

FFP decision in - not good on 22:11 - Oct 24 by CliveWilsonSaid

We were in the wrong. By ignoring the rules we had a massive advantage over every other club in the division and we still don't manage to win the bloody thing.

When Austin got injured we signed 3 strikers and Ravel Morrision whilst already have Zamora and Andy Johnson at the club, no other club in the league could have done that, it's the kind of advantage Wolves have at the moment

I don't think the football league are taking advantage of us, the rules were clear in black and white and we broke them. It's like punching the ball into the net in the last minute of a playoff final and hoping the ref doesn't notice and if he does then blaming the ref for enforcing the law
FFP decision in - not good on 22:48 - Oct 24 with 2712 viewsted_hendrix

In my ignorance is there a possibility of a points deduction too? on the scale of say Luton

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP decision in - not good on 22:50 - Oct 24 with 2704 viewsBasingstokeR

FFP decision in - not good on 22:44 - Oct 24 by daveB

We were in the wrong. By ignoring the rules we had a massive advantage over every other club in the division and we still don't manage to win the bloody thing.

When Austin got injured we signed 3 strikers and Ravel Morrision whilst already have Zamora and Andy Johnson at the club, no other club in the league could have done that, it's the kind of advantage Wolves have at the moment

I don't think the football league are taking advantage of us, the rules were clear in black and white and we broke them. It's like punching the ball into the net in the last minute of a playoff final and hoping the ref doesn't notice and if he does then blaming the ref for enforcing the law

It’s not black and white, one party in the wrong the other right though is it? (over the whole issue)

There’s all kinds of wrong here. In your analogy the punishment for the law the ref enforces is highly highly questionable, and the rule that was enforced was changed after because it wasn’t right.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:52]
FFP decision in - not good on 22:54 - Oct 24 with 2686 viewsbosh67

FFP decision in - not good on 22:48 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

In my ignorance is there a possibility of a points deduction too? on the scale of say Luton

I don't think so Ted. What the FL did to Luton was evil but it was a very different type of case to this. More likely that we negotiate down a fine in exchange for a longer transfer embargo. We are sort of on a self imposed one right now.

That is of course is only if the appeal doesn't see ruling overturned and chucked out. There are some very good people involved on our side. I have a funny feeling this may be the beginning of the end of the FL rather than the end of us. Watch this space as they say.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP decision in - not good on 23:10 - Oct 24 with 2622 viewsted_hendrix

FFP decision in - not good on 22:54 - Oct 24 by bosh67

I don't think so Ted. What the FL did to Luton was evil but it was a very different type of case to this. More likely that we negotiate down a fine in exchange for a longer transfer embargo. We are sort of on a self imposed one right now.

That is of course is only if the appeal doesn't see ruling overturned and chucked out. There are some very good people involved on our side. I have a funny feeling this may be the beginning of the end of the FL rather than the end of us. Watch this space as they say.

I understand that administration carries a points deduction hence why I asked the question about FFP.

Wished I had your enthusiasm for the outcome but I haven't, this is one hell of a hammer blow but Its been coming for a while now, its been hanging over us like a bastard rain cloud.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFP decision in - not good on 23:12 - Oct 24 with 2609 viewsBasingstokeR

What’s also a bit galling is its Shaun Harvey heading this up at the EFL and making edging sanctimonious statements in press releases. A man with three administrations to his name whilst running football clubs, two at Bradford and one at Leeds. He worked with Ken Bates for a long time not without controversies and when Harvey left Leeds in in June 2013 the club lost £9.5m in the last year he worked as CEO.
Login to get fewer ads

FFP decision in - not good on 23:23 - Oct 24 with 2572 viewsQPR_John

FFP decision in - not good on 23:10 - Oct 24 by ted_hendrix

I understand that administration carries a points deduction hence why I asked the question about FFP.

Wished I had your enthusiasm for the outcome but I haven't, this is one hell of a hammer blow but Its been coming for a while now, its been hanging over us like a bastard rain cloud.

It would be ironic if the FL deducted points from us for going into administration because we could not pay the fine they inflicted upon us
FFP decision in - not good on 23:29 - Oct 24 with 2544 viewsdaveB

FFP decision in - not good on 22:50 - Oct 24 by BasingstokeR

It’s not black and white, one party in the wrong the other right though is it? (over the whole issue)

There’s all kinds of wrong here. In your analogy the punishment for the law the ref enforces is highly highly questionable, and the rule that was enforced was changed after because it wasn’t right.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 22:52]

if the rules changed and you were allowed to punch the ball in the net that still wouldn't make what happened under the old rules OK.

It seems pretty black and white to me, we broke the rules and deserve everything we get. Problem is no one at the football league thought a club would be as mad as us and break the rules to this extent so now no one really wants to enforce this but they have to.

I'm sure a compromise will be reached eventually but if I didn't support QPR i'd be praising the football league for seeing this through
FFP decision in - not good on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 2539 viewsdaveB

it can only be a fine as we won promotion so theory was we'd gained financially from this. If we had lost at Wembley we'd have got a transfer embargo
FFP decision in - not good on 23:30 - Oct 24 with 2538 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

FFP decision in - not good on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 2529 viewsPunteR

FFP decision in - not good on 21:29 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. It would basically give the FA to run any club who fail FFP out of existence. That is surely not the point of a governing body. They're meant to protect their members!

Yeh the fine should be to the owners not the club.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FFP decision in - not good on 23:41 - Oct 24 with 2507 viewsMatch82

Year transfer embargo and 10m fine, payable by owners. FL make their point, acts as a huge deterrent to other clubs, comparable to what Forest and Blackburn got and we get to survive as a club.

Let's shake on it and be done
FFP decision in - not good on 23:49 - Oct 24 with 2484 viewsdaveB

FFP decision in - not good on 23:35 - Oct 24 by PunteR

Yeh the fine should be to the owners not the club.

whilst I agree I imagine the argument is that the club not the owners got the massive tv money from promotion so it should be the club who pays
FFP decision in - not good on 23:54 - Oct 24 with 2467 viewsNorthernr

FFP decision in - not good on 23:49 - Oct 24 by daveB

whilst I agree I imagine the argument is that the club not the owners got the massive tv money from promotion so it should be the club who pays

TV money that was subsequently blown on the owners' policy of big name players in big money signings on big money contracts, to promote their brand in Asia. That money, particularly from the Warnock promotion, was money the club earnt and could have secured it for years to come. Instead it was spent on a marketing exercise for Tune.
FFP decision in - not good on 23:57 - Oct 24 with 2460 viewsPunteR

FFP decision in - not good on 23:49 - Oct 24 by daveB

What money? All went to players wages and their agents didnt it? It certainly didnt go back into the club.

edit - yeh what Clive said^
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 0:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FFP decision in - not good on 00:01 - Oct 25 with 2446 viewsTonyHongKong

I've looked into this situation in detail but I don't know of any worse offenders? I'd love to think we aren't the worst, but just can't find an example....

Really feel this is a storm in a teacup. The sooner the club starts paying back small monthly payments, the sooner this will blow over. The league is trying to enforce its rules, of which we are a part. What we need to do is show that we are willing to make some (albeit small) move in the right direction.

When contracts of high earners run-out, we need to release said players and invest in developing our youth. The problem is, this is a lot bigger than us. There are a lot of Championship clubs who have abided by FFP rules, and they are scrutinising our situation with interest. This is a question of ethics. Like it or not, we haven't played by the rules. But if we continue to dig into our trenches, we will end up being punished severely.

Small monthly payments and this will gradually fade away.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 0:30]

Poll: In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

FFP decision in - not good on 00:03 - Oct 25 with 2441 viewsTonyHongKong

What I mean is worse offenders RIGHT NOW, this was in response to a post that argued there are many Championship clubs breaking FPP rules much worse than us. I don't think so.

Poll: In Jan, where do we need to improve most?

FFP decision in - not good on 00:05 - Oct 25 with 2437 views2Thomas2Bowles

Look ya'all you is just punters

Don't worry about all this shite, nothing any of you can do about it, if Rome falls you will no longer be slaves to this diseased ridden corrupt cesspit that football is today.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

FFP decision in - not good on 00:05 - Oct 25 with 2438 views18StoneOfHoop

FFP decision in - not good on 20:50 - Oct 24 by WrightUp5hit___

An actual quote from ar5emangle Shaun Harvey

“This decision vindicates the approach of the EFL board in defending this challenge,” said EFL chief executive officer Shaun Harvey. “The board will continue to enforce our rules on clubs to protect the interests of those that do comply.

“The board understand the challenges that this decision could create for our valued, member club and will work with them, as and when the matter formally concludes.

“It has taken a long time to get to this outcome and I'd like to publicly thank all those individuals who have supported our approach.”

I'd like to punch you,Shaun.
(said the man without a fight in 40 years)

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

FFP decision in - not good on 00:10 - Oct 25 with 2423 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 23:29 - Oct 24 by daveB

if the rules changed and you were allowed to punch the ball in the net that still wouldn't make what happened under the old rules OK.

It seems pretty black and white to me, we broke the rules and deserve everything we get. Problem is no one at the football league thought a club would be as mad as us and break the rules to this extent so now no one really wants to enforce this but they have to.

I'm sure a compromise will be reached eventually but if I didn't support QPR i'd be praising the football league for seeing this through

It's clearly not that black and white though Dave as it took them over two years to arbitrate.
FFP decision in - not good on 00:11 - Oct 25 with 2423 viewsBasingstokeR

It’s not about making anything ok, and I’m not disputing any rule break - it’s about whether the punishments (not yet served) are right (proportionate).

“deserve everything we get” with no reservations???

Do you agree with the original EFL FFP punishments regime in principle based on the stated objectives of FFP? (The EFL don’t so changed them)
FFP decision in - not good on 00:22 - Oct 25 with 2377 viewsjohncharles

And castration and burning at the stake.

Strong and stable my arse.

FFP decision in - not good on 00:34 - Oct 25 with 2350 viewsBrightonhoop

Usually agree with you Dave but 'deserves everything we get' is a bit harsh in the full context.

There's a substantial risk that if settled at say £50 Mil, the FL would view the settlement in the Accounts as an overspend next season. Because they haven't ruled it out. The best I can find through Google is 'not sure.' Meaning we could get fined again next season for settling this fine. That's beyond absurd. Fck me, even the Yorkshire Ripper only paid once. He couldn't be sentenced twice. We could be ad infinituum. So you have to question the validity of the sentence. Which singularly threatens the existence of the Club. Twice, three times where does it end? Is the objective to protect Clubs fom unscrupulous owners or make a level playing field financial? Both objectives imho are honestly bollocks. Rednapps for hire again. The one thing that would dramatically imrove English Football er se is banning Harry fcking Redna ever running and killing another English Football Club. Yet he drags his sorry bones about the land as a gun for hire. And there are dozens of them like him. So wtf is the FL's remit? It's flawed. I think the FL need to go back to the drawing board or risk blowing up themselves on this one. We done it wrong, but to serve a fine on a Club this size of that proportion, as the bigget sporting fine in history, is just absured. And it wasn't decided overnight, but over two years, so there must be alot of grey areas in that conclusion that they were not confident of in the first 8 weeks for examle. Two years.

I do see where you're coming from. But this is a grotesque scandal. And not just becuase it is Rangers. We did it wrong but the biggest fine in sporting history? Come on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024