Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP decision in - not good 14:01 - Oct 24 with 51097 viewsNorthernr

Arbitration found in favour of the league, basically protecting its role as a lawmaker that can set the rules for its competition as it sees fit. It leaves QPR liable to paying the fine in full, £40m-£60m

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-financial-fair-play-dispute/

The club will be launching an appeal against this which will basically drag the whole thing on for another two years or so. They've a good chance in that, on the grounds of proptionality - you can fine HSBC £1.4bn but you can't fine the local Spar Shop the same amount for the same offence. Basically leaves the whole club, everybody that works there, the training ground development and us supporters in limbo for another two years. But yeh, at least Harry won us a promotion right?

Hopefully critics of Ferdinand, Hoos, Holloway, even Hasselbaink, and basically everybody that's been left to clear up the mess left by Hughes, Redknapp, Beard and most of all Fernandes previously now appreciate what a fcking tight spot they're all in.

This post has been edited by an administrator
FFP decision in - not good on 15:10 - Oct 24 with 3709 viewsqprxtc

F*ck em. Take them all over the courts and then some. Keep going until the f*ck off. It's our future as a club at stake so f*ck em. If it means playing against Rochdale and Luto then so be it. F*ck em. QPR is our club and the authorities can go f*ck themselves.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:12 - Oct 24 with 3701 viewsElTelsHeroes

Surely this isn’t about how deep the shareholders pockets might or might not be. If they weren’t allowed to write of their previous £60m loan they wouldn’t be allowed to pay off for the fine with their own money.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:20 - Oct 24 with 3638 viewsHarbour

AWful decision. Forget new signings just glad we have Hoos Ferdinand in charge going to be a few bleak years ahead.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:20 - Oct 24 with 3637 viewsMytch_QPR

Blimey. Buckets at the ready (again)...

Serious question: do we have to pay the eventual fine in one hit or can we spread the payments (Wonga-style)? - don't know if Clive has any info on this...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FFP decision in - not good on 15:20 - Oct 24 with 3636 viewsRBlock

FFP decision in - not good on 14:55 - Oct 24 by qprd

Debtors' prisons were done away with when lawmakers realized it was pretty stupid to put people in prison when they had high debts- putting them in jail made it impossible for them to earn money and actually pay back their debts

By the same token, how f***ing stupid is it to punish a club for financial mismanagement by handing them a massive massive fine? I can understand a points deduction or a transfer embargo. but if the intention of FFP is to make clubs financial sustainable, doesn't this rule just push the financially weak clubs off a cliff?

This is really, really bad. Even if QPR escapes a fine, the uncertainty will freeze any investment going forward.

Lol, they still fine homeless people for begging then jail them when they can't pay the bailiffs. Don't expect too much common sense.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:23 - Oct 24 with 3616 viewsRBlock

[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 15:28]
FFP decision in - not good on 15:26 - Oct 24 with 3590 viewsFerdy

You would think that there is no way the EFL would punish us with a fine that could potentially bankrupt one of its members....however this is the same organisation that just a few months ago fcuked up the simple process of drawing numbers out of a hat.

I suspect that the club and the EFL will find some common ground and we will maybe have to pay a fine based on the new 2016/17 FFP rules at a much reduced figure. I doubt the final settlement will ever be released to the public though.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:33 - Oct 24 with 3533 viewspeejaybee

FFP decision in - not good on 15:20 - Oct 24 by Mytch_QPR

Blimey. Buckets at the ready (again)...

Serious question: do we have to pay the eventual fine in one hit or can we spread the payments (Wonga-style)? - don't know if Clive has any info on this...

We would need one of those Buckets that are on the end of the cable of tower Crane to pay
40-60 Million.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

FFP decision in - not good on 15:37 - Oct 24 with 3512 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 15:12 - Oct 24 by ElTelsHeroes

Surely this isn’t about how deep the shareholders pockets might or might not be. If they weren’t allowed to write of their previous £60m loan they wouldn’t be allowed to pay off for the fine with their own money.

Well, if we are honest that is the only way the fine will be paid given we are not generating cash/profit.

My understanding is the fine does not count towards any future loss.
FFP decision in - not good on 15:41 - Oct 24 with 3486 viewsrobith

Apropos of nothing I've always found it weird that the punishment for spending too much money to prevent clubs going under is...a large financial penalty. Not exactly going to aid the P+L that is it
FFP decision in - not good on 15:43 - Oct 24 with 3476 viewskensalriser

One possible way out of this would be to bankrupt the club. I don't think they will, but it's easy to see it happening.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

FFP decision in - not good on 15:45 - Oct 24 with 3456 viewsconnell10

So if we pay the fine where does the money go??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP decision in - not good on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 3402 viewsFerdy

FFP decision in - not good on 15:43 - Oct 24 by kensalriser

One possible way out of this would be to bankrupt the club. I don't think they will, but it's easy to see it happening.

Maybe we can start again as AFC Wimbledon did.
FFP decision in - not good (n/t) on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 3402 viewstheQPRking

Second that,

Where does the money go? Does it get distributed to the other clubs in that division at the time?

Where has the amount come from? Is it a loss of earnings or something? Or just plucked out of thin air?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 15:54]
FFP decision in - not good on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 3373 viewsqprxtc

Ten years ago we got the "richest owners in the world" to get us out of the sh1t. And ten years later we are potentially bankrupt. No wonder o drink too f*cking much.
FFP decision in - not good (n/t) on 15:57 - Oct 24 with 3373 viewsconnell10

FFP decision in - not good (n/t) on 15:52 - Oct 24 by theQPRking

Second that,

Where does the money go? Does it get distributed to the other clubs in that division at the time?

Where has the amount come from? Is it a loss of earnings or something? Or just plucked out of thin air?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 15:54]

All sounds a bit like a stich up to me! How can wolves spend so much money but nothing is being done about them???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

FFP decision in - not good on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 3350 viewsPhildo

interesting stuff. What does it mean apropos Remy being available for the play offs and re signing Charlie Austin in January? Actually don't answer I will go on twitter to find out the answer....
FFP decision in - not good on 16:01 - Oct 24 with 3338 viewsBrightonhoop

FFP decision in - not good on 15:43 - Oct 24 by kensalriser

Highly unlikely, such a nuclear option would destroy reputations of all involved.

What I dont get is proportionality, seems to be a piece of string. If the fine was double £100 to £120 million, is that still proportional? Obviously ny fine/sanction has to be a deterrant to others, but surely a £10 Mil fine and transfer embargo for 2 seasons with the threat of a points deduction for further transgressions would put most in check? Especially since the rules have been downgraded since to be less punitive.....

And all in the context of Sky and the Prem which not only set the scene for collosal spending 25 years ago, but have also all but bankrupted England on the International stage.... It's hard to imagine a good future for football on this basis. Stating the bleedin' obvious but what an almighty mess.
FFP decision in - not good on 16:06 - Oct 24 with 3282 viewsqueensparker

Jesus wept it just keeps on coming doesn't it.

Can't see Hoos sticking around for this, seems like an increasingly thankless task for a clearly talented guy.
FFP decision in - not good on 16:13 - Oct 24 with 3238 viewsFerdy

Bournemouth got fined £7.6m for posting a loss of £38.3m in winning promotion in 14/15. My maths isn't the best but it doesnt seem fair for us to have a fine of up to £60m for a loss of £70m.
FFP decision in - not good on 16:14 - Oct 24 with 3224 viewsbosh67

The fact that we lost the case doesn't automatically mean we will pay the upper end of the fine. That is panic paper talk.

A transfer embargo may be inevitable and it is more likely that the club will get done for £10-20m which it can possibly cope with. If it were to be £50m then Bournemouth will face a similar issue that would amount in them paying the national debt of Cuba.

One thing that no one has talked about is that FFP generally has fallen apart. The technicality for us is that the case for the fine dates back to when it was working. I'll try and find out from Nick De Marco what he thinks, if he's allowed to share thoughts.

The big problem as other people have said is that if the Football League go for something like £50m then there are other clubs that will be dragged in and then there will be a huge rebellion.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FFP decision in - not good on 16:16 - Oct 24 with 3206 viewsblacky200

Wonder if we can pay the fine off in coins.
FFP decision in - not good on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 3176 viewsNorthernr

FFP decision in - not good on 16:13 - Oct 24 by Ferdy

Bournemouth got fined £7.6m for posting a loss of £38.3m in winning promotion in 14/15. My maths isn't the best but it doesnt seem fair for us to have a fine of up to £60m for a loss of £70m.

The rules changed in the meantime. They realised, partly because of us, that they weren't workable.
FFP decision in - not good on 16:22 - Oct 24 with 3146 viewsmakaveli1882

Well I know for a fact Caulker refused to go on the bench against Fulham.

Surely that is a sackable offence; no verbal no written warning just gross misconduct.

On the basis he is on 40k a week that is 160k a month not included vat etc ...figures may be a bit out but you get my drift. If his contract runs out in May (Not sure it does)
Just sack him off that is a over million pounds the Club will save....and for those who keep routing for him you need to take a long hard look at yourself!!
FFP decision in - not good on 16:26 - Oct 24 with 3111 viewsCroydonCaptJack

FFP decision in - not good on 16:13 - Oct 24 by Ferdy

The rules had been changed by then I believe.

Edit - Sorry, just seen Clive had already answered that.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 16:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024