Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hills Post Match Interview 13:26 - Feb 4 with 7704 viewsmidlandsdale

Logged on this morning after a great result to see what Keith had to say and to be honest after a few minutes I had had enough of the complete lack of enthusiasm and downbeat reaction and turned off.

What is wrong with this bloke these days. How can any supporter or in fact any interested 3rd party viewer come away with any other view than 'how strange' He says we are where we should be. He says relegation is a success. He mentions how great he is and what he has done for our club. I make no apologies for saying that the guy is a complete egotist and wonder how his current state of mind and comments affect the playing staff.

At best they must think that he is a bit eccentric and slightly off his trolley!! Am I alone in thinking that he has totally lost the plot! Going against the grain on here I know but I think we need something different, even though the board wont be able to afford any changes.

I would have thought he would be up and taking this as a great step forward along with a great result last week in the cup, but he just leaves you frustrated, underwhelmed and depressed!!
Hills Post Match Interview on 14:42 - Feb 4 with 5777 viewsBrierls

Maybe it’s better that you don’t listen to the interviews if it leaves you feeling like that?

I left the ‘Rochdale Appreciation’ Facebook group because the majority of comments and members left me tearing my hair out. I don’t miss it and I’m sure I’m not missed either.

You speak of Hill’s demeanour, but is is actually you that has managed to find a negative after arguably one of our best performances of the season and a hugely positive and much needed result.
Hills Post Match Interview on 15:03 - Feb 4 with 5726 viewsBrierls

Is this the same interview? - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/post-match-northampton_03.02.18
Hills Post Match Interview on 15:08 - Feb 4 with 5703 viewsSuddenLad

Coming on here and having a go at Keith Hill is ridiculous. Do you want party hats and streamers ? What does it matter how he appears to you ? We won. He'll be delighted that we won at a difficult time and at a difficult venue. Maybe you think he appears miserable - perhaps he reads some of the sh!te that gets spouted on here.

Let's accentuate the positives and stop looking for sticks to meaninglessly beat people with.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hills Post Match Interview on 15:20 - Feb 4 with 5671 viewsdingdangblue

Superb interview - he's done right not going overboard and keeping it dour. Let's face it we've just won 1 league game in the last 8! Yesterday means nothing unless we follow it up with a good run of wins - we are still in an awful position unless we do go on such a run. When we do and when we are safe I'm sure Hill will be very happy indeed!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hills Post Match Interview on 16:17 - Feb 4 with 5516 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 15:08 - Feb 4 by SuddenLad

Coming on here and having a go at Keith Hill is ridiculous. Do you want party hats and streamers ? What does it matter how he appears to you ? We won. He'll be delighted that we won at a difficult time and at a difficult venue. Maybe you think he appears miserable - perhaps he reads some of the sh!te that gets spouted on here.

Let's accentuate the positives and stop looking for sticks to meaninglessly beat people with.

Not ridiculous, just my opinion
Hills Post Match Interview on 17:06 - Feb 4 with 5420 viewsMoonyDale

Hills Post Match Interview on 16:17 - Feb 4 by midlandsdale

Not ridiculous, just my opinion

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:21 - Feb 4 with 5355 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:06 - Feb 4 by MoonyDale

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

I do have a right to my opinion regardless of what year it is. What is a problem is that you think that if you dont agree I am wrong. I dont think you are wrong as I respect your opinion. Sadly you cant debate with idiots.
Hills Post Match Interview on 17:22 - Feb 4 with 5354 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 15:03 - Feb 4 by Brierls

Is this the same interview? - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/february/post-match-northampton_03.02.18

Yes and fair play
Login to get fewer ads

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:25 - Feb 4 with 5339 viewsD_Alien

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:21 - Feb 4 by midlandsdale

I do have a right to my opinion regardless of what year it is. What is a problem is that you think that if you dont agree I am wrong. I dont think you are wrong as I respect your opinion. Sadly you cant debate with idiots.

That's demonstrably not what MoonyDale posted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:36 - Feb 4 with 5276 viewsrochdale_ranger

After we beat Peterborough he used that as an opportunity to come out and sort of say "in your face" to all of his critics and it back fired on him massively as we have not seen a performance in the league like that since yesterday. He's keeping it real, yesterday was an important win but we are not out of the shit yet.
Hills Post Match Interview on 17:39 - Feb 4 with 5264 viewsfitzochris

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:25 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Whether or not Hill really believes this, you can see why it has the potential to noise up supporters:

“If we do end up getting relegated that’s what should have happened four seasons ago anyway.”

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:44 - Feb 4 with 5234 viewsMoonyDale

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:21 - Feb 4 by midlandsdale

You obviously don't talk to yourself much then....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:47 - Feb 4 with 5219 viewsD_Alien

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:39 - Feb 4 by fitzochris

Whether or not Hill really believes this, you can see why it has the potential to noise up supporters:

“If we do end up getting relegated that’s what should have happened four seasons ago anyway.”

Yes, but we should know better than to rely on his post-match musings for inspiration; best take it from what happens on the pitch, when we can

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:51 - Feb 4 with 5199 views442Dale

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:47 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Yes, but we should know better than to rely on his post-match musings for inspiration; best take it from what happens on the pitch, when we can

Took more from this yesterday:
“We’re not concentrating on the last game of the season, we’re concentrating on the next one. We have to play everybody, so why not play this free style of football and fight the world, because we always fight the odds and we’ll continue to do that”

There’s almost an admittance in there that we could and should have been playing on the front foot a lot more this season. Something fans have long called for.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:52 - Feb 4 with 5192 viewstony_roch975

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:39 - Feb 4 by fitzochris

and quite right - with the small crowds & lack of financial backing it's a bloody miracle we're still in the league, yet alone in Lgue 1 & 4th rnd of the cup

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 5181 viewsfitzochris

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:47 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Didn’t actually mean to quote your post there.

That said, I am aware what he says to the players is nothing like what he comes out with in public, but not every supporter is the type to shrug off his public comments.

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:12 - Feb 4 with 5111 viewsD_Alien

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:54 - Feb 4 by fitzochris

Didn’t actually mean to quote your post there.

That said, I am aware what he says to the players is nothing like what he comes out with in public, but not every supporter is the type to shrug off his public comments.

Thought not!

And very true, which is why i ignored this thread until MoonyD's post was misinterpreted

[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 18:14]

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:13 - Feb 4 with 5103 viewskiwidale

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:52 - Feb 4 by tony_roch975

and quite right - with the small crowds & lack of financial backing it's a bloody miracle we're still in the league, yet alone in Lgue 1 & 4th rnd of the cup

that's the most sense anybody has said on this topic.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:15 - Feb 4 with 5088 viewsfitzochris

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:13 - Feb 4 by kiwidale

that's the most sense anybody has said on this topic.

In your opinion.

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 5043 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 17:25 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Funny
Hills Post Match Interview on 18:41 - Feb 4 with 4983 viewsD_Alien

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:27 - Feb 4 by midlandsdale

Funny

"What is a problem is that you think that if you dont agree I am wrong."

No, that's funny, and demonstrably wrong

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:48 - Feb 4 with 4961 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:41 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

"What is a problem is that you think that if you dont agree I am wrong."

No, that's funny, and demonstrably wrong

In your opinion. But who am I to dare post an opinion
Hills Post Match Interview on 18:52 - Feb 4 with 4937 viewsD_Alien

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:48 - Feb 4 by midlandsdale

In your opinion. But who am I to dare post an opinion

Read MoonyDale's post again

He probably doesn't agree with your OP, but in the quote he gave he was simply providing a different interpretation of an opinion

So, your accusation that he thinks you're wrong is demonstrably false; and that's not an opinion, it's a fact
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 18:53]

Hills Post Match Interview on 19:18 - Feb 4 with 4848 viewsmidlandsdale

Hills Post Match Interview on 18:52 - Feb 4 by D_Alien

Read MoonyDale's post again

He probably doesn't agree with your OP, but in the quote he gave he was simply providing a different interpretation of an opinion

So, your accusation that he thinks you're wrong is demonstrably false; and that's not an opinion, it's a fact
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 18:53]

Not sure it really matters to be honest what interpretation or otherwise. You either agree or you don't.
Hills Post Match Interview on 19:27 - Feb 4 with 4810 viewsfitzochris

Perhaps a lot of Hill’s responses are down to boring and repetitive questioning also.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024