Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) 19:53 - Mar 20 with 16110 viewsSheffdale

Knott in for Inman. Only change from Saturday. Early goal Dale please!
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 00:28 - Mar 21 with 3291 viewsDaley_Lama

Third game at home on the trot where the opposition tactic was the same each time.

Play for a point for 60 mins
Go for the win after that

Fleetwood had the quality to win where the previous two failed.

The realistic question is, with the players they have, how are they in the bottom third. Fleetwood deserved to win, we created next to nothing until the game was lost.

No complaints about individuals from me, collectively it was too rushed, poor decisions, as others alude to, hoofball to towering CH’s.

Thought Knott played alright, first time I’ve seen him for more than 5 mins.

Dobre has some skill without a doubt. He should have a word with NML and try out as a proper winger (who can also score)

Big Jim got out-muscled for their first
Second was a very nice goal against a back-peddling defence

Most importantly, hope Andy Cannon is ok.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 10:13 - Mar 21 with 2822 viewsjudd

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 00:28 - Mar 21 by Daley_Lama

Third game at home on the trot where the opposition tactic was the same each time.

Play for a point for 60 mins
Go for the win after that

Fleetwood had the quality to win where the previous two failed.

The realistic question is, with the players they have, how are they in the bottom third. Fleetwood deserved to win, we created next to nothing until the game was lost.

No complaints about individuals from me, collectively it was too rushed, poor decisions, as others alude to, hoofball to towering CH’s.

Thought Knott played alright, first time I’ve seen him for more than 5 mins.

Dobre has some skill without a doubt. He should have a word with NML and try out as a proper winger (who can also score)

Big Jim got out-muscled for their first
Second was a very nice goal against a back-peddling defence

Most importantly, hope Andy Cannon is ok.

There was an ambulance going into the car park after the final whistle went. It did look a bad injury.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 10:37 - Mar 21 with 2756 viewsFrog

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 10:13 - Mar 21 by judd

There was an ambulance going into the car park after the final whistle went. It did look a bad injury.

It was just putting our survival hopes on a life support machine.
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 10:42 - Mar 21 with 2740 viewsSandyman

Thought the much maligned ref Trevor Kettle had an excellent game last night. Well done him.
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 11:01 - Mar 21 with 2703 viewsDorsetDale

Just watched the two minute "highlights" on iplayer.

Nothing of any real intent from Dale, 2 decent goals and a Lillis save from Fleetwood. Fook knows what they'll put in the 10 minute version?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 11:20 - Mar 21 with 2665 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 11:01 - Mar 21 by DorsetDale

Just watched the two minute "highlights" on iplayer.

Nothing of any real intent from Dale, 2 decent goals and a Lillis save from Fleetwood. Fook knows what they'll put in the 10 minute version?

Our 2 best pieces of play last night ended up going wrong due to player error. Humphrys was in a great position in the 1st half having beaten his man and ended up making a bad touch and running the ball out of play - he would have had a great shooting or crossing chance. The other one in the 2nd half McGahey put a great ball over the top for Wiseman to run into the box and for some reason he leathered it out of play - very poor and a genuine scoring chance lost. Delaney should have scored in the 1st half - possibly our best chance of the game from a Camps free kick and Cannon flick on. There was Wiseman's 1st half run (which was shown in the sky highlights) which nearly deflected into the Fleetwood goal but just flashed wide of the far post. Humphrys had a penalty shout just before they scored. Henderson had a late header he should have scored also. I think we lost this game on Saturday - the players looked very drained last night having played so well against Wimbledon without getting the win. Fleetwood weren't very good last night but in Madden and Hiwulya they had 2 goal scorers better than anything we've got.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 11:49 - Mar 21 with 2598 viewsfrenzied

I wasn’t at the game me last night..sounded pretty turgid stuff on the radio.

Is it a case that the legs have gone?

3 of next 5 games against top 6 sides....6 points will be a challenge
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:30 - Apr 5 with 2216 viewsaleanddale

Plenty of cringe comments on here...

Who would have thought we would produce a turnaround to put us 1 point from safety.

Plenty of twists and turns to come in the next 8 games ( 24 points to play for )

lets stick together we have come this far and the negativity like shown on this thread just does not help.

8 Tough games now and we somehow need to continue our good form and win 4 of them. That would give us 53 points.

6 games at home starting Saturday we need to be the 12th man for 90+ minutes in every one of those 6 home games.

Up the Dale.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:44 - Apr 5 with 2169 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:30 - Apr 5 by aleanddale

Who would have thought we would produce a turnaround to put us 1 point from safety.

Plenty of twists and turns to come in the next 8 games ( 24 points to play for )

lets stick together we have come this far and the negativity like shown on this thread just does not help.

8 Tough games now and we somehow need to continue our good form and win 4 of them. That would give us 53 points.

6 games at home starting Saturday we need to be the 12th man for 90+ minutes in every one of those 6 home games.

Up the Dale.

Not really, we played poorly and the negativity was justified. Negativity/criticism on here doesn't affect the players, anymore than any other comments. I'm delighted we have turned a corner and that we are possibly 3 wins from safety. Bring on Pompey

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:57 - Apr 5 with 2137 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:30 - Apr 5 by aleanddale

Up the Dale.

I'd suggest it was cringey that you chose to bring back an old thread based on a game where the performance was so poor that the negative comments were entirely justified.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 16:59 - Apr 5 with 2072 viewsaleanddale

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 15:57 - Apr 5 by fitzochris

I'd suggest it was cringey that you chose to bring back an old thread based on a game where the performance was so poor that the negative comments were entirely justified.

a couple of posters ( myself included ) were vilified on another thread for having the opinion pre match that Fleetwood was not the be all / end all of the season.

It was cited by plenty as a must win and any opposing view was seized upon and mocked.

As it happens we lost against Fleetwood but still have an excellent chance of getting out of the mess we put ourselves in.

8 games to go.... in this together.

Still a tough ask the final 8 games look tougher everytime I look at them.
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:10 - Apr 5 with 2054 viewsJames1980

Head above the parapet here, we can lose the next 4 games and still stay up. To get 52 points would then mean, winning 3 and drawing, 1 of the 4 left

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:16 - Apr 5 with 2045 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:10 - Apr 5 by James1980

Head above the parapet here, we can lose the next 4 games and still stay up. To get 52 points would then mean, winning 3 and drawing, 1 of the 4 left

But if we did lose the next four games, with the subsequent drop in form and confidence, it would make the second part of your scenario less likely.

We simply need to win the next game each time and then take it from there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 2039 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:16 - Apr 5 by TVOS1907

But if we did lose the next four games, with the subsequent drop in form and confidence, it would make the second part of your scenario less likely.

We simply need to win the next game each time and then take it from there.

Very true, it would still be possible to stay up though. But the task would be extremely difficult.

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:21 - Apr 5 with 2037 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:21 - Apr 5 by James1980

Very true, it would still be possible to stay up though. But the task would be extremely difficult.

Hence why we need to take things one game at a time.

We don't want to be going into the Charlton game needing a result.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:49 - Apr 5 with 1991 viewsaleanddale

4 wins needed.

Pompey - Wigan - Posh and Oldham would do just fine!!!!

Not sure I could stand your scenario James!!
Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 18:09 - Apr 5 with 1946 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Fleetwood (h) on 17:49 - Apr 5 by aleanddale

4 wins needed.

Pompey - Wigan - Posh and Oldham would do just fine!!!!

Not sure I could stand your scenario James!!

Agreed that scenario is much much better.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024