Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... 09:24 - Apr 12 with 11192 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

So this morning a KH interview on Rev 96.2 was saying how if we stay up this year, we will be in a relegation battle next season!

This along with the punching above our weight comments, Tuesday being a 'free hit' and constant reference to our budget, do you think the players are being a ready made excuse?

At no point this season has KH taken any responsibility for the position we are in and has shown blatant paranoia in calling out a specific fan and during pie-gate.

This is a genuine question, does it inspire anybody and I am at a lost to work out what KH is trying to gain from these comments or is it just self preservation?

I cant imagine KH does any person scouting at games and has a pretty nice 9 til 1 job, Graham Barrow, Paul Simpson, John Coleman or Steve Eyre could have served up what we have seen for most of this season, so when (if ever) do you think KH will be pulled up for this uninspiring clap trap?

Do I think KH should be sacked, absolutely not, do I want to hear a rally cry of how mistakes have been made and what the plan is to at least try and improve next season, a massive YES.

Come on Hilly, come out and be honest, do you not like the job anymore, are you fed up because no other club would touch you with a barge pole?

I can get moaned at for free at home, you are taking the joy out of watching Dale.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:05 - Apr 12 with 6337 viewsParkinsGimp

Spot on.
The negativity from Hill is astounding at times, and the blame anyone but me comments are getting a little boring.
If we do stay up , of course we will struggle since we have signed long term contracts with players who are clearly not good enough for this division( McNulty & Andrew) , and with others such as Delaney, Litching , Nithe we will always struggle. I wonder if he has been looking at Inman and Knott as potentials for League 2 next season, because again they are not at mid table League 1 level.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 6313 viewsseasidedale

KH has said he tried to sign Knott last summer and Inman when he was a Crewe but he joined Peterbro so I dont think they are signed for L2
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:17 - Apr 12 with 6309 viewsdingdangblue

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:05 - Apr 12 by ParkinsGimp

Spot on.
The negativity from Hill is astounding at times, and the blame anyone but me comments are getting a little boring.
If we do stay up , of course we will struggle since we have signed long term contracts with players who are clearly not good enough for this division( McNulty & Andrew) , and with others such as Delaney, Litching , Nithe we will always struggle. I wonder if he has been looking at Inman and Knott as potentials for League 2 next season, because again they are not at mid table League 1 level.

Do you even watch games?
Andrew,Inman and Delaney have all been superb in our recent revival.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:32 - Apr 12 with 6086 viewsfunkkk

I often wonder if what Hill says isn't really for us but for the wider public and his ego. In suggesting that this kind of season was unavoidable, as he has for most of the season, he absolves himself of all blame. We finished 9th last season and have been woeful this season, he has to be at least partly culpable. I don't believe that at the start of the season anyone on here was suggesting simply staying up would be a success, probably because it isn't.

Imagine telling your boss after months of poor performance that your plan was to continue doing the same thing and that they should be grateful for it. 🙈
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:47 - Apr 12 with 6038 viewsboromat

Comments are no different this season to the seasons we've done well. Hilly is always spouting that we're in a relegation battle and every season getting 50 points is the number one priority etc etc.

I don't think we've been that bad this season much better than under Eyre, Coleman or Barrow!!!! I think some people have short memories. The way we've tried to play this season has been as good as any of the last couple of seasons but for one reason or another we've not quite turned enough draws into wins. If we go down we'll be very unfortunate as many of the opposing teams managers have said publically we are a good footballing team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:51 - Apr 12 with 6028 viewselectricblue

I cannot fathom out why for once that KH doesnt hold up his hands and say look guys we got it wrong this season...
Ok the pitch situation didnt help at all.

But you must feel something for the situation as season after season like KH as got the team punching above its weight but surely supporters knew that eventually it will catch up and Dale end up with a season like this season...
At least they still have a chance to try n put it right and play in league 1 next season...

As for budgets surely there is scope from recent cup runs and player sales and addons that a slight budget increase will help....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:59 - Apr 12 with 6005 viewsdingdangblue

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:32 - Apr 12 by funkkk

I often wonder if what Hill says isn't really for us but for the wider public and his ego. In suggesting that this kind of season was unavoidable, as he has for most of the season, he absolves himself of all blame. We finished 9th last season and have been woeful this season, he has to be at least partly culpable. I don't believe that at the start of the season anyone on here was suggesting simply staying up would be a success, probably because it isn't.

Imagine telling your boss after months of poor performance that your plan was to continue doing the same thing and that they should be grateful for it. 🙈

I'm pretty sure every season we have been in league 1 he has said his aim is to get to 50 points as soon as possible - it's just taking a little longer this season!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:12 - Apr 12 with 5964 viewsColDale

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:47 - Apr 12 by boromat

Comments are no different this season to the seasons we've done well. Hilly is always spouting that we're in a relegation battle and every season getting 50 points is the number one priority etc etc.

I don't think we've been that bad this season much better than under Eyre, Coleman or Barrow!!!! I think some people have short memories. The way we've tried to play this season has been as good as any of the last couple of seasons but for one reason or another we've not quite turned enough draws into wins. If we go down we'll be very unfortunate as many of the opposing teams managers have said publically we are a good footballing team.

Thought the same. He's said this every season no matter whereabouts in the league that we've been. That's the reality of playing at the level we are. I know people don't like the underachieving line, but without Hilly, we'd finish bottom as proved back in 2011-12. With Hilly, we've always got a fighting chance to the extent where he's probably worth at least 12 league places on average.

If we go down, it's because of August to December. We don't need Hilly to come out and publicly admit it, the proof is in his decisions such as the exclusion of Reece Brown, and the failed gamble of Jordan Slew. Even more so with how he handled the January transfer window.

Wrongs were put right, and arguably since Donny away in the FA Cup, we've played like the old Dale, and certainly recently, performances have been of a standard that if replicated throughout the full season would have seen us challenging for the top six. Missed the Wigan game on Tuesday but there's only Blackpool at home that I'd have called "poor" in 2018. Even the missed opportunities such as MK Dons and Wimbledon at home saw sufficient chances for us to be three or four goals to the good at half time, even if the second halves didn't back that up.

We may well have left ourselves with too much to do. Make no mistake, our players will be both mentally and physically exhausted right now as there's been little rotation over the past few weeks when we've played 17 games in just 66 days. The only thing which will see them home is mental ability, and from the outside, it looks like KH is looking to do that. Things like calling Tuesday a free hit is all part of that. Had he talked about a "huge lost opportunity" with the Wigan game, it would have left the players demoralised. He may well be trying to kid them, but his message is that we did not need to win that game to stay up. I doubt that would have been his message before the game but as soon as that game finished, it was all eyes on Peterborough away and getting the right mindset within the squad to prevent them hitting the wall.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:22 - Apr 12 with 5923 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you on the way we've tried to play this season. OK, the penny has dropped in recent weeks and we've started to play some of the free-flowing football KH's teams are known for.

However, up until Christmas and a little bit after, we were playing hoofball to Calvin most of the time and even now, we're using him as an outlet more than I've ever known in KH's time here. Granted, in the position we're in now, you have to play ugly at times to grind out wins but before we were in any 'real' danger, we were lumping it forward more times than not
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:33 - Apr 12 with 5883 viewsParkinsGimp

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:17 - Apr 12 by dingdangblue

Do you even watch games?
Andrew,Inman and Delaney have all been superb in our recent revival.

Yes I do pal and I'm concerend that Dale fans think Delaney is any good, as for Andrew , please watch the guy closely , he wins very few headers , if he does they go generally to the opposition. he rarely scores goals , in fact throughout his career his strike rate has been appaulling. I laugh at the hero worship the mongs shower on this guy. Inman , has been poor alll season , one swallow doesnt make a summer.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:39 - Apr 12 with 5855 views442Dale

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:33 - Apr 12 by ParkinsGimp

Yes I do pal and I'm concerend that Dale fans think Delaney is any good, as for Andrew , please watch the guy closely , he wins very few headers , if he does they go generally to the opposition. he rarely scores goals , in fact throughout his career his strike rate has been appaulling. I laugh at the hero worship the mongs shower on this guy. Inman , has been poor alll season , one swallow doesnt make a summer.

All for people being entitled to an opinion but “he wins very few headers” isn’t factually correct. Nor is “been poor alll season” re Inman, as “all” (or “alll”) indicates the entire season, and he hasn’t been.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:50 - Apr 12 with 5829 viewsDaleiLama

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:39 - Apr 12 by 442Dale

All for people being entitled to an opinion but “he wins very few headers” isn’t factually correct. Nor is “been poor alll season” re Inman, as “all” (or “alll”) indicates the entire season, and he hasn’t been.

He wins virtually every header he contests - unlike Humphreys. Calvin streets ahead in the air. Inman coming along nicely too. He fits out style of play. Both of those observations had me scratching my head too. Not for the first time.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 14:35 - Apr 12 with 5727 viewsdingdangblue

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:33 - Apr 12 by ParkinsGimp

Is that the same Calvin Andrew who's headers set up goals v bury and Portsmouth?
Is that Inman who set up goals v Shrewsbury and bury and scored v Portsmouth?
Is that Delaney who since coming into the defensive 3 has helped turn our season around and scored the important opener at bury?
No thought not. Those 7 points alone could be the difference between us staying up or going down.
Guess you won't see that either.

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 15:25 - Apr 12 with 5610 viewsrochdaleriddler

We won't be unfortunate if we go down , we will deserve it because of all the poor performances and inability to manage games when we are winning. We will go down because we simply haven't played well enough consistently, and because we haven't scored enough goals. If we stay up, equally we will have deserved it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 5599 viewsrochdaleriddler

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 13:12 - Apr 12 by ColDale

Thought the same. He's said this every season no matter whereabouts in the league that we've been. That's the reality of playing at the level we are. I know people don't like the underachieving line, but without Hilly, we'd finish bottom as proved back in 2011-12. With Hilly, we've always got a fighting chance to the extent where he's probably worth at least 12 league places on average.

If we go down, it's because of August to December. We don't need Hilly to come out and publicly admit it, the proof is in his decisions such as the exclusion of Reece Brown, and the failed gamble of Jordan Slew. Even more so with how he handled the January transfer window.

Wrongs were put right, and arguably since Donny away in the FA Cup, we've played like the old Dale, and certainly recently, performances have been of a standard that if replicated throughout the full season would have seen us challenging for the top six. Missed the Wigan game on Tuesday but there's only Blackpool at home that I'd have called "poor" in 2018. Even the missed opportunities such as MK Dons and Wimbledon at home saw sufficient chances for us to be three or four goals to the good at half time, even if the second halves didn't back that up.

We may well have left ourselves with too much to do. Make no mistake, our players will be both mentally and physically exhausted right now as there's been little rotation over the past few weeks when we've played 17 games in just 66 days. The only thing which will see them home is mental ability, and from the outside, it looks like KH is looking to do that. Things like calling Tuesday a free hit is all part of that. Had he talked about a "huge lost opportunity" with the Wigan game, it would have left the players demoralised. He may well be trying to kid them, but his message is that we did not need to win that game to stay up. I doubt that would have been his message before the game but as soon as that game finished, it was all eyes on Peterborough away and getting the right mindset within the squad to prevent them hitting the wall.

Hill said he wasn't concerned about the backlog of games as he prefers games to training. His lack of squad rotation has meant the players looking tired lately.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:17 - Apr 12 with 5216 viewsblackdogblue

On the subject of pennies dropping, here’s my 2p...

Billy Knott, who’s he?

Brad Inman reminds me the season of Mendez last, fringe player who came good at the end, lest not forget he was kept out of the team for a long time by the Williams twins, neither of which I would start in a month of Sunday’s & see Mr J Williams must have been a spectator at Wembley because even Lincoln have sussed his crap he is...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:26 - Apr 12 with 5181 viewsdingdangblue

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:17 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Billy Knott, who’s he?

Brad Inman reminds me the season of Mendez last, fringe player who came good at the end, lest not forget he was kept out of the team for a long time by the Williams twins, neither of which I would start in a month of Sunday’s & see Mr J Williams must have been a spectator at Wembley because even Lincoln have sussed his crap he is...

He was Cup tied because he'd played for us in the Trophy.

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:30 - Apr 12 with 5157 views442Dale

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:17 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Billy Knott, who’s he?

Again, opinions are fine, but facts are that MJ Williams played a different position to Inman and Jordan Williams (now at Lincoln) started four league games when Inman was on the bench. He was not “kept out of the team for a long time” by either.

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:59 - Apr 12 with 5092 viewsNewbury_Dale

Keith Hill really needs some media training in my view. An absolute PR disaster for the club.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:04 - Apr 12 with 5067 viewsrochdale_ranger

The fact is the same rhetoric and nonsense would be pumped out about us being lucky to be where we are and about us punching above our weight if we were bottom of league two. It’s tiresome.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 5032 viewsdalenumber2

Hill talks rubbish a lot of the time. But he's untouchable don't you know.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:19 - Apr 12 with 5030 viewsTVOS1907

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 10:05 - Apr 12 by ParkinsGimp

Spot on.

Your posts would be taken more seriously if you hadn't been banging the same drum year after year with very little foundation.

According to you, the teams that have just missed the play-offs in recent seasons weren't good enough.

And NML "came from Cambridge FFS"...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:42 - Apr 12 with 4965 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 12:59 - Apr 12 by dingdangblue

I'm pretty sure every season we have been in league 1 he has said his aim is to get to 50 points as soon as possible - it's just taking a little longer this season!

That's exactly what we the fans look too every season, get the 50 points on the board and then see what happens. Luckily it has n't been a difficult target for quite a few seasons.

Does make for an interesting run-in though.
Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:50 - Apr 12 with 4946 views442Dale

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 19:59 - Apr 12 by Newbury_Dale

Keith Hill really needs some media training in my view. An absolute PR disaster for the club.

The club as a whole should learn lessons around PR from this season.
For that to happen there has to be a collective responsibility to look at themselves and ask if things could be better.

Like it or not, the club has come across very badly in the media at times this year, that should be of concern to anyone at Spotland.

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:56 - Apr 12 with 4933 viewsD_Alien

Next Years Relegation Struggle....... on 20:19 - Apr 12 by TVOS1907

Your posts would be taken more seriously if you hadn't been banging the same drum year after year with very little foundation.

According to you, the teams that have just missed the play-offs in recent seasons weren't good enough.

And NML "came from Cambridge FFS"...

Every single season, or even part-season, that Hill has been in charge until this one, we've finished in the top half of the league

In other words, better than most other teams in the league

To label Dale as "not good enough" as PG does, year in year out, isn't just laughable, it's bordering on insanity

[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 21:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024