Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Off Watch 15:09 - May 12 with 14443 viewsSaxonDale

Tranmere and Boreham Wood fighting it out to play Bury next season. Tranmere down to 10 men AFTER FORTY-EIGHT SECONDS.

Have just gone 1 up though- could be a good watch.
Play Off Watch on 22:05 - May 17 with 3091 viewsColDale

Play Off Watch on 21:51 - May 17 by Daley_Lama

Exeter beat Lincoln to get to Wembley again.

Williams collected splinters throughout the game despite Lincoln looking rather average.

Am pleased we won't have to endure Matt Rhead and the Lincoln tactics in the league next year
Play Off Watch on 22:43 - May 17 with 2997 viewsD_Dale

Williams collected splinters throughout the game despite Lincoln looking rather average.

Though at least the Lincoln manager kept him in the squad, possibly indicating some longer-term interest in the player.

But he has finished the season with 30 appearances, and 0 goals. Arguably his namesake Jordan Slew - another signing that didn't work out - made a greater contribution by scoring against Blackburn in the Checkatrade Trophy.

I don't blame Hill for bringing Williams in, which last June seemed a promising move. The player probably feels it badly that he's disappointed himself and the fans. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out: persevere with him/another long-term loan/a (free?) transfer?
Play Off Watch on 07:54 - May 18 with 2904 viewsEllDale

See how the bloke is when he comes back for pre-season.
He'll be older and more streetwise, making a fresh start.
He may well surprise a few.
Play Off Watch on 09:19 - May 18 with 2849 viewsBigKindo

...... and how much did Exeter pay us for the pitch we sold to them last February?
Play Off Watch on 11:54 - May 18 with 2728 viewsD_Dale

Play Off Watch on 09:19 - May 18 by BigKindo

...... and how much did Exeter pay us for the pitch we sold to them last February?

Due to dry weather in the south-west, reportedly. Maybe their watering can had sprung a leak

But not quite as sandy as Dale's old pitch:

http://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/11376867/exeter-3-1-lincoln-agg-
Play Off Watch on 12:25 - May 18 with 2697 viewsEllDale

Looks to be an awful lot of building work going on there.
The ground might be unrecognizable if we have to go next season
Play Off Watch on 14:02 - May 18 with 2656 viewsEllDale

Lincoln are claiming that their 78 year old kitman was "assaulted" on the pitch after the game.
Play Off Watch on 14:05 - May 18 with 2649 viewsSuddenLad

Play Off Watch on 14:02 - May 18 by EllDale

Lincoln are claiming that their 78 year old kitman was "assaulted" on the pitch after the game.

'Full investigation' underway. No need for that kind of mindless behaviour. What's the chances that the perpetrators were day trippers rather than regular supporters.

As we often hear and say, 'Every club has them'. More's the piy.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Play Off Watch on 14:11 - May 18 with 2641 viewsSheffdale

Play Off Watch on 07:54 - May 18 by EllDale

See how the bloke is when he comes back for pre-season.
He'll be older and more streetwise, making a fresh start.
He may well surprise a few.

He's just tweeted about a disappointing season and I do hope he makes the grade.
Play Off Watch on 14:28 - May 18 with 2619 viewstony_roch975

With 3 cracking goals - well done the Grecians, consecutive Wembley finals

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Play Off Watch on 14:33 - May 18 with 2606 viewstony_roch975

Play Off Watch on 12:25 - May 18 by EllDale

"The demolition of Exeter City Football Club’s historic Old Grandstand, which dates back to 1926, started on Monday, October 30 2017.

The £3.5 million project to develop the stadium, which will offer a vastly enhanced fan experience, improvements to the toilets, refreshments and away-end facilities, are currently on target and due to be completed by late summer 2018.

The redevelopment began in May following more than two years of complex negotiations. Preparation work around the Stagecoach-sponsored stand has taken place in recent weeks, with the removal of the buildings adjacent to the stand, the old floodlight poles, and netting to the right of the stand. The internals have also already been stripped to allow for quick progress with the demolition."

Play Off Watch on 14:36 - May 18 with 2601 viewstony_roch975

Play Off Watch on 09:19 - May 18 by BigKindo

droll!! ... but

(From Exeter City website: "As part of the scheme, new changing rooms have been constructed under the IP Office stand. Replacement toilets and refreshment facilities will be provided for the Big Bank, and the away-end improved, including the purchase of a stand from Barnet FC")

Play Off Watch on 15:15 - May 18 with 2549 viewsfermin

Play Off Watch on 14:36 - May 18 by tony_roch975

droll!! ... but

(From Exeter City website: "As part of the scheme, new changing rooms have been constructed under the IP Office stand. Replacement toilets and refreshment facilities will be provided for the Big Bank, and the away-end improved, including the purchase of a stand from Barnet FC")

Talking of Barnet, here is their old Underhill ground as it now appears:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdPrIXcX0AA74Nu.jpg:large
[Post edited 18 May 2018 15:17]
Play Off Watch on 15:29 - May 18 with 2521 viewsEllDale

Bit flatter than I remember it.
Play Off Watch on 15:44 - May 18 with 2508 viewsToffeemanc

Play Off Watch on 12:25 - May 18 by EllDale

There won't be much change from the old ground.
I was there back in September due to a Uni open day for my daughter and we took in the game against Newport while we were still in Exeter before setting of back home.
The old away terrace has just been cleaned up and new concrete fencing erected at the back otherwise it will be pretty much the same. Speaking to the guys in their club shop/ticket office they also told us they can't do much with this side of the ground due to the residential area surrounding the ground and there were no plans to have the away end covered etc. so it will be pretty much the same as before.

The old Grandstand to the left side of the away end is where the main building work was being done. It was still standing but not being used for supporters when we went in September. It is being completely demolished and a new stand built of similar size to the old one, so still won't reach the corners of the ground or change the capacity of the ground much.

The actual game against Newport also had me hearing one of the funniest chant I heards this season after a bad foul from a Newport player, to which the Exeter fans responded in unison with a chant of "you dirty Northern B&*!ards" which just left us laughing out loud.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Play Off Watch on 15:54 - May 18 with 2480 viewsBigKindo

Play Off Watch on 15:44 - May 18 by Toffeemanc

There won't be much change from the old ground.
I was there back in September due to a Uni open day for my daughter and we took in the game against Newport while we were still in Exeter before setting of back home.
The old away terrace has just been cleaned up and new concrete fencing erected at the back otherwise it will be pretty much the same. Speaking to the guys in their club shop/ticket office they also told us they can't do much with this side of the ground due to the residential area surrounding the ground and there were no plans to have the away end covered etc. so it will be pretty much the same as before.

The old Grandstand to the left side of the away end is where the main building work was being done. It was still standing but not being used for supporters when we went in September. It is being completely demolished and a new stand built of similar size to the old one, so still won't reach the corners of the ground or change the capacity of the ground much.

The actual game against Newport also had me hearing one of the funniest chant I heards this season after a bad foul from a Newport player, to which the Exeter fans responded in unison with a chant of "you dirty Northern B&*!ards" which just left us laughing out loud.

I seem to recall Brighton fans this past season chanting the same to the Arsenal players.
Play Off Watch on 21:22 - May 18 with 2326 viewsdeeplishblue

Cheaty being cheated.

First a perfectly good goal for them is ruled offside, then Coventry score 5 minutes later with 2 offside in the build up😅

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Play Off Watch on 21:22 - May 18 with 2324 viewsTVOS1907

Play Off Watch on 21:22 - May 18 by deeplishblue

Cheaty being cheated.

First a perfectly good goal for them is ruled offside, then Coventry score 5 minutes later with 2 offside in the build up😅

Shame!

Wonder what chalky thinks?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Play Off Watch on 21:23 - May 18 with 2319 viewsDaley_Lama

Play Off Watch on 15:21 - May 14 by D_Dale

Kevin Nolan always enjoys having something to complain about, though few would see it as a penalty:

http://www.skysports.com/football/coventry-vs-notts-co/389222

Still, on Friday County should book their place in the final (and I still think Lincoln could be their opponents at Wembley).

Looks very open as to whether Rotherham, Shrewsbury or Scunny will be in the Championship.

Cannot wait for Nolan part 2 after tonights game.

He is properly revved up right at this moment!

Poll: DF in or out

Play Off Watch on 22:00 - May 18 with 2269 viewsD_Dale

Play Off Watch on 15:21 - May 14 by D_Dale

Kevin Nolan always enjoys having something to complain about, though few would see it as a penalty:

http://www.skysports.com/football/coventry-vs-notts-co/389222

Still, on Friday County should book their place in the final (and I still think Lincoln could be their opponents at Wembley).

Looks very open as to whether Rotherham, Shrewsbury or Scunny will be in the Championship.

Wrong call there: tonight it ended County 1 Coventry 4.

So Exeter vs Coventry for the Wembley play-off.
Play Off Watch on 22:11 - May 18 with 2232 viewsnordenblue

Play Off Watch on 21:22 - May 18 by TVOS1907

Shame!

Wonder what chalky thinks?

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch....
Play Off Watch on 23:37 - May 18 with 2129 viewsD_Dale

Play Off Watch on 14:11 - May 18 by Sheffdale

He's just tweeted about a disappointing season and I do hope he makes the grade.

Fair enough. Hoping he'll find the net again.

Jordan Williams@JordWill92
13 hours ago
Seasons over... personally it’s been a very dissappointing one. I owe it to myself and the supporters of the clubs I’ve played for to reach the standards I set myself seasons before ⚽️ Time to relax and rest up with the misses and wait the arrival of our little man 👶🏼 🍼
Play Off Watch on 02:53 - May 19 with 2080 viewsDiddyDave

Amazing crowds for the two Coventry/Notts County games. Just shows the game`s well and truly healthy outside the crackpot EPL. Hope Coventry make it back to Dale`s division,some history there!
Play Off Watch on 09:57 - May 19 with 1915 viewsDaley_Lama

Exeter to win for me.

League 2 can have a collection of massive clubs with Coventry, Cheaty, Dons, Biffos and Bury.

Poll: DF in or out

Play Off Watch on 10:15 - May 19 with 1896 viewsJames1980

Play Off Watch on 09:57 - May 19 by Daley_Lama

Exeter to win for me.

League 2 can have a collection of massive clubs with Coventry, Cheaty, Dons, Biffos and Bury.

Don't you mean MASSIVE clubs?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024