Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 62432 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:18 - Aug 8 with 2877 viewsMyke

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:54 - Aug 8 by MedwayR

We shouldn’t take anything less than £6m for Freeman, and ideally not until Jan/next summer either although I’m not sure how long he has left on his contract.

2 years which means this time next year his value will be significantly reduced. If we get 4m for him then take it.Over 10 times the initial outlay in 18 months! We have replacements, he is less effective on the wing due to his lack of pace, which is where he will end up playing under any formation that begins with a back 4 unless you drop Eze. Put Smyth on the right, BOS on left and let's stick a few balls in the box for either Smith or Sylla to attack and I guarantee you we won't be the only scoreless team in the Championship for long - oh and spend some of the dosh on a defender, sharpish
Paper interest in Freeman on 23:29 - Aug 8 with 2792 viewslave16

Paper interest in Freeman on 21:59 - Aug 8 by daveB

very tough call but I'd sell him, probably not at 4 million but try and push it to 5

I'd probably sell him for 4 million and then give manning a good run out...

Wondering if we could sign daryl horgan from preston as a replacement

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:42 - Aug 8 with 2711 viewsconnell10

I reckon if we do sell him we wont put any of the transfer fee into our transfer pot, it will probably go towards staving off the next bloody FFP report coming up!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 00:27 - Aug 9 with 2570 viewsthompsonridd

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:29 - Aug 8 by lave16

I'd probably sell him for 4 million and then give manning a good run out...

Wondering if we could sign daryl horgan from preston as a replacement

So you think Manning is as good as Freeman?
Paper interest in Freeman on 00:29 - Aug 9 with 2562 viewslave16

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:42 - Aug 8 by connell10

I reckon if we do sell him we wont put any of the transfer fee into our transfer pot, it will probably go towards staving off the next bloody FFP report coming up!

if only we were like villa.. rolling the dice one more time and sure when they don't make it this year they'll have another batter at it next year

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Paper interest in Freeman on 01:29 - Aug 9 with 2481 viewsbob566

Paper interest in Freeman on 00:27 - Aug 9 by thompsonridd

So you think Manning is as good as Freeman?

I think manning is better at picking a pass in open play but not as good at set pieces. My worry is manning gets injured. Down to bare bones then.
Paper interest in Freeman on 02:56 - Aug 9 with 2409 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Boro have picked up £30m plus in the last couple of days, so cash and FFP aren’t issues for them.

Assuming there is traction in this, it’s s huge deal for QPR in terms of our negotiation credibility going forward. While we might be a ‘motivated’ seller these days, we cannot afford to forget on how much Boro are a ‘motivated’ buyer: if they don’t go up this season, they’re down for the long haul.

Given our respective needs, if we roll over and don’t get top dollar this close to the TW slamming shut, then we might as well part our own butt cheeks going into future negotiations. I’d rather we stood firm if for no other reason, then it sends a message to our current squad.

Big few hours coming up for QPR, the significance of which could dictate a lot going forward for the club.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 8:11]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Paper interest in Freeman on 07:01 - Aug 9 with 2179 viewstraininvain

The interesting thing is someone at the club seems to have leaked news of the Blackburn offer.

If I were a betting man I’d wager that Freeman will end up going to Middlesbrough for circa £5m.

Not the end of the world if we have a centre back and centre forward lined up. I’d be happy with the Huddersfield defender and Hemed from Brighton.

Big day ahead that could go a long way to defining our season.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 07:48 - Aug 9 with 1982 viewsTheChef

Paper interest in Freeman on 23:18 - Aug 8 by Myke

2 years which means this time next year his value will be significantly reduced. If we get 4m for him then take it.Over 10 times the initial outlay in 18 months! We have replacements, he is less effective on the wing due to his lack of pace, which is where he will end up playing under any formation that begins with a back 4 unless you drop Eze. Put Smyth on the right, BOS on left and let's stick a few balls in the box for either Smith or Sylla to attack and I guarantee you we won't be the only scoreless team in the Championship for long - oh and spend some of the dosh on a defender, sharpish

Interesting take on it! My only concern is who takes over on set pieces, but then we have coaching staff and regular training so hopefully with practice one of the other players can step into that role. Sounds crazy I know.

Don't suppose we know if Freeman is interested - although I'm sure Rovers are offering a bigger salary.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Paper interest in Freeman on 07:51 - Aug 9 with 1971 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 07:01 - Aug 9 by traininvain

The interesting thing is someone at the club seems to have leaked news of the Blackburn offer.

If I were a betting man I’d wager that Freeman will end up going to Middlesbrough for circa £5m.

Not the end of the world if we have a centre back and centre forward lined up. I’d be happy with the Huddersfield defender and Hemed from Brighton.

Big day ahead that could go a long way to defining our season.

Well Hoos said the problem with Smithies is you didn't have a second bidder to play off against each other, so leaking the Blackburn offer to try and bring Boro and Sheff Utd into it would make sense. More sense than Blackburn having £4m to spend anyway, where the fck have they got that from?
Paper interest in Freeman on 07:53 - Aug 9 with 1957 viewsTheChef

Paper interest in Freeman on 07:51 - Aug 9 by Northernr

Well Hoos said the problem with Smithies is you didn't have a second bidder to play off against each other, so leaking the Blackburn offer to try and bring Boro and Sheff Utd into it would make sense. More sense than Blackburn having £4m to spend anyway, where the fck have they got that from?

Increased chicken demand, obviously.

Cluck.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:03 - Aug 9 with 1901 viewsNorthernr

Uncle Tony has just tweeted again that all bids rejected.
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:04 - Aug 9 with 1892 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ilias Chair is the natural replacement for Freeman if he should depart. What he lacks in experience he makes up for with a bit of pace and a good eye for a pass rather than taking everyone on.

The grass is always greener.

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:07 - Aug 9 with 1879 viewsBlue_Castello

The big question for me is where exactly do we now stand with FFP, if I remember correctly the third year since our delayed fine was last season, the previous two seasons we lost we lost 7 and 11 million leaving a total of 21 million before we reach the 39 million threshold. The club surely knows by now if we are anywhere near that figure or have we created a self imposed limit, probably by Lee Hoos (he has that reputation from Burnley fans), where we don't go over say 10 million to future proof our possible loss situation , ie its a rolling three years and if you lost 21 million in one year it gives you very little leeway.

The fact that we are not spending any money at all is leaving us at a massive disadvantage against other relegation rival teams because that's what we are. When teams like Ipswich recruit a player Ellis Harrison from Bristol Rovers for £750,000, that's good transfer business by Paul Hurst, especially as I saw the lad play in a friendly and hes just the sort of prospect we need. Surely there's a small budget within FFP rules allowing us to buy a good young prospect, we are shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't spend a small amount and by now all the best young players have moved clubs, very few move on deadline day.

I understand the attitude that if we get a good offer then it may be the best we ever get and we should take the money. At the moment the club is doing the right thing and holding out for the biggest offer possible, Boro have just pocketed 33 million for two players and could easily afford a big offer, it really does feel like other clubs are trying to take thee piss out of us following our FFP fine.
Whether we should accept or not is all down to how strong you think our squad is at the moment, yes Eze can play the 10 role but hes incredibly inexperienced like a number of the squad, if he gets injured we do not have another play maker apart from Freeman (IMO obviously).
I can only reiterate how disastrous League 1 football will be for the clubs Finances, I know Brentford have been buying and selling with amazing success over the last couple of seasons but were novices at the game and desperately need to stay in the Championship this year.
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:08 - Aug 9 with 1868 viewstraininvain

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:03 - Aug 9 by Northernr

In that case, goodbye Freeman!
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:09 - Aug 9 with 1861 viewshorshamHoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:03 - Aug 9 by Northernr

If they sell him today, then Tony will lose all credibility!!

"Very tiring reading all these tweets on Luke freeman. All offers been rejected . We are doing our best to strengthen not weaken. At least we have players that others want. A far cry. Slowly building the right foundation."
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:23 - Aug 9 with 1783 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:09 - Aug 9 by horshamHoop

"Very tiring reading all these tweets on Luke freeman. All offers been rejected . We are doing our best to strengthen not weaken. At least we have players that others want. A far cry. Slowly building the right foundation."

When I got up this morning, I certainly did not expect to read that Tony is seen as having some credibility left to lose!

I'm no for selling him, but there isn't a player at any club worldwide that doesn't have a price. Luke Freeman is no exception, but if we undersell him, then it's not just Fernandes that won't have any credibility left, QPR won't have a jot either!

Stand firm on six-million I'd say, ignore all calls until that figure is tickled. If it is, well it's good business on one end of the spectrum. However, what we do with that cash on the other end, will show us all how sharp we are or, desperate to get debt relief money in.

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:28 - Aug 9 with 1757 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:09 - Aug 9 by horshamHoop

He needs to keep quiet. As we said, if Middlesbrough offer £6m+ this afternoon he'll be gone, and rightly so, that's a good deal for us, especially if we have some time left to spend it. But people won't see it like that, they'll see it as Fernandes said he wasn't going anywhere and now he's gone = more grief for Fernandes. He gets unfair grief on there, but he does leave himself open to it.

It's also potentially putting Hoos and Ferdinand under pressure. What if they want to sell him? What if they think he doesn't fit in the current system (something a few on here would agree with)? What if they think it's a good deal, good price? What if we need it to get under FFP? What if they've got three other signings lined up but need the money to get them over the line? But their boss has tried to appease Twitter by saying he's not going, so does that tie their hands?
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:33 - Aug 9 with 1727 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:28 - Aug 9 by Northernr

He needs to keep quiet. As we said, if Middlesbrough offer £6m+ this afternoon he'll be gone, and rightly so, that's a good deal for us, especially if we have some time left to spend it. But people won't see it like that, they'll see it as Fernandes said he wasn't going anywhere and now he's gone = more grief for Fernandes. He gets unfair grief on there, but he does leave himself open to it.

It's also potentially putting Hoos and Ferdinand under pressure. What if they want to sell him? What if they think he doesn't fit in the current system (something a few on here would agree with)? What if they think it's a good deal, good price? What if we need it to get under FFP? What if they've got three other signings lined up but need the money to get them over the line? But their boss has tried to appease Twitter by saying he's not going, so does that tie their hands?

Its been said before ad nauseam; I'm going to say it now and, no doubt, it will have to be restated many times in the future - would someone please take that stupid f.....g tweeting machine out of his paws!

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:43 - Aug 9 with 1663 viewsDixie_CT

I think the word 'been' is crucial in Tony's tweet as despite the bad English, it infers past tense. If it said 'will be' then that would be tricky if a club comes in with £6m+

I've always been one for Tony can say what he want on Twitter after investing millions in us but am starting to think he is undermining the staff employed by the club to actually deal with these matters.

If he wants to communicate, why doesn't he do it in a formal way on the club website or ask the comms team to do something on his behalf? A lot of football fans on Twitter err on the side of cringe worthy embarrassment and QPR fans are no different i.e. Sell Freeman and I give up, Tony please sort it out etc.

Twitter gives people a chance to flippantly engage, give themselves a purpose and assimilate information in just 280 characters which is where some are heading more and more. Whilst it can be heady and more inclusive than calling Clubcall (adding £60 to your Grans phone bill!) it's very dangerous. Imagine Richard Thompson publicly rowing with Dougie Freeman, big news, Tony Fernandes and Josh Bowler having verbals on Twitter, not even a mention!

Sorry for rant, don't have SkySports News so having Jim White's Tie withdrawal symptoms
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:45 - Aug 9 with 1654 viewsBlue_Castello

Agree with all your What IFs the bit I'm struggling with is the FFP bit, according to the rules we still have another 21 million before we would go over our limit in the rolling three year contract. These figures are also for last season surely we know by now where we stand and surely the current transfer business is now impacting on season 2018/2019......???
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 9:02]
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:46 - Aug 9 with 1643 viewsdistortR

totally agree with all the points you make.
Freeman is a very good player, i like him and he was a breath of fresh air when we signed him. But the change of formation has created a bit of a problem for us - he's too good to leave out but isn't particularly suited to the new system.
Added to that is dave Mc's article about the sale of Smithies, how the club view the value of certain players as opposed to the potential of their understudies, age, length of contract and, of course, their own inclinations.
And it may give us the opportunity to strengthen in other areas, I actually have faith in the present scouting set up and i imagine they have identified players who could be available and could improve us.
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:50 - Aug 9 with 1605 viewsqprd

I'm not crazy about selling our best player to one of our relegation rivals.. would rather sell to the top of the table
Paper interest in Freeman on 08:57 - Aug 9 with 1565 viewscorse

if boro or someone else comes with an over £ 5m offer for freeman i would snap their hand off. our midfield is well covered. need to add in defence and forwards.
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:04 - Aug 9 with 1502 viewsFDC

Paper interest in Freeman on 08:57 - Aug 9 by corse

if boro or someone else comes with an over £ 5m offer for freeman i would snap their hand off. our midfield is well covered. need to add in defence and forwards.

As was mentioned a few pages back though, he takes all of our set pieces, which have been much improved in the past season and a bit. No idea who would step up, but it should be a consideration if we were to sell him. Pretty sure a good few of our goals last season were from free kicks and corners.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024