Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 61976 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:26 - Aug 2 with 3096 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:17 - Aug 2 by DeepcutHoop

Could see it coming as he ran in, a full force, flat out right-hander

Possibly the best red I've seen a QPR player get for a punch

One of the worst was an LDV game (in extra time) where Trev got sent off for smacking someone who pulled his hair. Terrible game, was a usual cup performance and exit, and I remember being livid that Sinclair got applauded off by some of our fans.

Was furious that anyone was on his side, he allowed himself get suckered into it,was obviously the aim of the sneaky tug.

Shows what a difference the game can have on your interpretation of events. Both blatant punches, Impey's was just funny in context.

That was Langley, not Sinclair, and it meant that when he was then sent off in the first leg of the play-off semi final against Oldham he missed not only the second leg but the final as well - two games rather than one because it was his second red of the season.
Paper interest in Freeman on 16:16 - Aug 2 with 2912 viewsDeepcutHoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:26 - Aug 2 by Northernr

That was Langley, not Sinclair, and it meant that when he was then sent off in the first leg of the play-off semi final against Oldham he missed not only the second leg but the final as well - two games rather than one because it was his second red of the season.

So it was.

I'm getting old.

Definitely got loads of support from the fans as he walked off. Maddening.

Think I missed the last train that night too. I remember it was one of those games where the Loft was closed off, so I wasn't around my usual neighbours.

Never ever understand applauding players off when they've done something utterly stupid.

Too busy laughing at Impey though tbh.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:33 - Aug 3 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

Back to Freeman... Dave Mc reporting we've turned down a bid from Middlesbrough.

Could be a long deadline day.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:37 - Aug 3 with 2603 viewsbob566

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:33 - Aug 3 by Northernr

Back to Freeman... Dave Mc reporting we've turned down a bid from Middlesbrough.

if Boro want him he's theirs for 8 - 12 mill. 26 yrs old. Bang in his prime.

Don't f*** it up qpr and come back with a bag of magic beans like you did with Smithies.

Obviously pending a buy out clause etc.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:46 - Aug 3 with 2582 viewsWrightUp5hit___

yes of course there are other considerations, but as a footballing midfielder would a transfer to "the most Tony Pulis team ever" be an attractive proposition?

Wonder what The Secret Footballer would say?
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:57 - Aug 3 with 2534 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:46 - Aug 3 by WrightUp5hit___

yes of course there are other considerations, but as a footballing midfielder would a transfer to "the most Tony Pulis team ever" be an attractive proposition?

Wonder what The Secret Footballer would say?

Pullis would love him for his free kicks and corners, a move makes sense as long as we get good money for him. I'd be surprised if he stays
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:09 - Aug 3 with 2487 viewssimmo

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:33 - Aug 3 by Northernr

At least we're actually turning down offers... Suggests that we're not as desperate to sell now and also that we have a value on Freeman more fitting than the one we placed on Smithies.

All that being said I would much rather we sell him now while there's (limited) time to use the money rather than on deadline day.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:10 - Aug 3 with 2480 viewssimmo

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:37 - Aug 3 by bob566

if Boro want him he's theirs for 8 - 12 mill. 26 yrs old. Bang in his prime.

Don't f*** it up qpr and come back with a bag of magic beans like you did with Smithies.

Obviously pending a buy out clause etc.

Nice thought but I'd imagine anything north of £5m would be considered.

Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:13 - Aug 3 with 2471 viewswombat

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:26 - Aug 1 by PunteR

Do the council want us here ?.. such a shame we didnt/couldnt get involved with the redevelopment around Shepherds Bush.

think we chose not to , which is criminal and shows that the board were after the old oak golden egg development and not looking at the football clubs best intrests , madness to let the site go that we have in and around the local vacinity to the ground

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:32 - Aug 3 with 2397 viewsfrancisbowles

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:13 - Aug 3 by wombat

think we chose not to , which is criminal and shows that the board were after the old oak golden egg development and not looking at the football clubs best intrests , madness to let the site go that we have in and around the local vacinity to the ground

We might get a clue tomorrow with his selection and performance as to how keen we are to keep him and whether he puts in his usual effort.
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:37 - Aug 3 with 2377 viewsjonno

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:09 - Aug 3 by simmo

At least we're actually turning down offers... Suggests that we're not as desperate to sell now and also that we have a value on Freeman more fitting than the one we placed on Smithies.

All that being said I would much rather we sell him now while there's (limited) time to use the money rather than on deadline day.

I think it’s fairly obvious the small fee for Smithies indicates a release clause in his contract.
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:40 - Aug 3 with 2357 viewsjonno

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:26 - Aug 2 by Northernr

And given how tight that final against Cardiff was Langley’s unavailability May well have cost us promotion that season.
Paper interest in Freeman on 12:46 - Aug 3 with 2321 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:37 - Aug 3 by jonno

I think it’s fairly obvious the small fee for Smithies indicates a release clause in his contract.

There wasn’t.

Freeman is interesting. There are several clubs interested, he’s young, he’s under contract. They said they needed a second bidder to play off against Cardiff to get the Smithies fee up but didn’t have one and that’s not the case here. Get on the phone to West Brom and Sheff Utd and start driving. Time to walk the walk.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:31 - Aug 3 with 2135 viewsTacticalR

Is it like when John Major said 'if it isn't hurting, it isn't working'?

Air hostess clique

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:35 - Aug 3 with 2099 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:46 - Aug 3 by Northernr

There wasn’t.

Freeman is interesting. There are several clubs interested, he’s young, he’s under contract. They said they needed a second bidder to play off against Cardiff to get the Smithies fee up but didn’t have one and that’s not the case here. Get on the phone to West Brom and Sheff Utd and start driving. Time to walk the walk.

If there was not a release clause you have to wonder what the club knows that we don't. OK they know a lot more than we do but you know what I mean.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:45 - Aug 3 with 2042 viewsbigbaddean

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:35 - Aug 3 by QPR_John

If there was not a release clause you have to wonder what the club knows that we don't. OK they know a lot more than we do but you know what I mean.

From the clubs point of view, we’re probably tight against FFP this year and have 2 keepers ready to step up. Neither as good as Smithies at the moment, but ready made replacements all the same.
Paper interest in Freeman on 13:53 - Aug 3 with 1985 viewsconnell10

Dave mc has put a interesting article up on West London sport.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:16 - Aug 3 with 1914 viewssimmo

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:37 - Aug 3 by jonno

No it's not and no he didn't.

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:23 - Aug 3 with 1900 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:45 - Aug 3 by bigbaddean

From the clubs point of view, we’re probably tight against FFP this year and have 2 keepers ready to step up. Neither as good as Smithies at the moment, but ready made replacements all the same.

If we are tight against FFP and we need the £3-4M to cover losses we cannot spend it. If this is going to be the case every season and I do not see us reducing our outgoings anymore than we have FFP has really turned us into easy pickings for other clubs.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:31 - Aug 3 with 1853 viewsdaveB

Paper interest in Freeman on 13:35 - Aug 3 by QPR_John

It was the only bid they had on the table and only one they had got in the last 3 years for him. Was a case of take it or hope someone else comes in for him despite no one showing an interest.

I know I'm on my own with this but I thought the club did the right thing in accepting that bid.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:55 - Aug 3 with 1763 viewsjonno

Paper interest in Freeman on 12:46 - Aug 3 by Northernr

There wasn’t.

Well that’s quite shocking and worrying at the same time and makes McLarens recent statement that we don’t have to sell anyone a bit dubious.
Paper interest in Freeman on 14:56 - Aug 3 with 1758 viewslave16

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:55 - Aug 3 by jonno

Well that’s quite shocking and worrying at the same time and makes McLarens recent statement that we don’t have to sell anyone a bit dubious.

pulis is middlesboro manager freeman is not 6ft plus no dice

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:57 - Aug 3 with 1758 viewsMedwayR

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:31 - Aug 3 by daveB

It was the only bid they had on the table and only one they had got in the last 3 years for him. Was a case of take it or hope someone else comes in for him despite no one showing an interest.

I know I'm on my own with this but I thought the club did the right thing in accepting that bid.

I'm in agreement with you. We all know Smithies is worth more than we got for him but if we hadn't had a decent offer for him by now then we were never likely to and the club had to make a decision on the goalkeepers because we couldn't really keep Smithies, Ingram & Lumley. Someone had to go so take the money for Smithies and promote Ingram, Lumley and also Dieng.

I suspect we could be in a similar position with the GK's in 2-3 years time and the same is also likely to happen with Luongo and/or Freeman next summer to make room for Manning/Chair. Difficult decisions but necessary to show that we have a system of developing and selling on players which will help to attract players to us. Hopefully we'll get to a point where we have enough talent to get promoted and do the same at a higher level.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 14:58]

Poll: Who’s better?

Paper interest in Freeman on 15:04 - Aug 3 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 14:56 - Aug 3 by lave16

pulis is middlesboro manager freeman is not 6ft plus no dice

Freeman set pieces with that lot in the box? Flint could be league's top scorer. He's perfect for them.
Paper interest in Freeman on 15:17 - Aug 3 with 1664 viewspaulparker

Even if we sold him for 5 million in the next week it would be terrible business
we cant replace him , we cant even replace 3 of our defenders since they left in June we would truly be in a relegation fight ,this fella got us points on his own last year (millwall, Barnsley ) surely the sensible thing is to wait until January , if we are sort of safe or doing ok then sell him to a team fighting for promotion if anything the fee would go up in January as teams looking to go up are desperate for that final player to "make a difference"
actually what am I talking about Tony Fernades and sensible don't belong in the same sentence,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024