Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doncaster match thread 14:17 - Jan 1 with 30077 viewsSuddenLad

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Doncaster match thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 with 4283 views442Dale

One last try: please stop trying to point-score against fellow supporters. There’s a bigger problem than winning a game of “I told you so”

Add Norman to the list of players to feel sorry for. Not his fault he’s brought in for no reason and then played/dropped/played. Really hope it doesn’t affect his career too much and he can go somewhere else and play regularly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Doncaster match thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 with 4296 views49thseason

We now have the worst defensive record in the division.
Doncaster match thread on 16:48 - Jan 1 with 4289 viewselectricblue

Isnt the Norman loan a season long deal......
Im almost sure it is.....

There is something not quite right at the club there as to be....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Doncaster match thread on 16:51 - Jan 1 with 4128 viewsscarrow

Doncaster match thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

One last try: please stop trying to point-score against fellow supporters. There’s a bigger problem than winning a game of “I told you so”

Add Norman to the list of players to feel sorry for. Not his fault he’s brought in for no reason and then played/dropped/played. Really hope it doesn’t affect his career too much and he can go somewhere else and play regularly.

I do feel for all 3 keepers, but Norman is poor. I don't want to see play for Dale again

Poll: Final position

Doncaster match thread on 16:52 - Jan 1 with 4070 viewsKenBoon

Rathbone has ran about a bit but the rest can f**k off. Making Doncaster look great with a performance resembling that 3-0 dicking at Stockport about 13 years ago.
Doncaster match thread on 16:52 - Jan 1 with 4065 viewsRotherhamDale

He's got to go.

Possession with progression.

Doncaster match thread on 16:55 - Jan 1 with 3923 viewsfrequency

Doncaster match thread on 16:52 - Jan 1 by RotherhamDale

He's got to go.

Agree

Hate city

Doncaster match thread on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 3795 viewsfitzochris

I thought Bradford was bad, this was worse.

An essential desire has gone from both players and manager alike.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Doncaster match thread on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 3724 viewsKenBoon

The goalkeeping issue is a distraction from the real problem of everywhere else being shite and the tactics being baffling.
Doncaster match thread on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 3641 viewsrochdaleriddler

Doncaster match thread on 17:01 - Jan 1 by KenBoon

The goalkeeping issue is a distraction from the real problem of everywhere else being shite and the tactics being baffling.

The goalkeeper issue, whilst distracting shows the muddled thinking of those in charge, time for change

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Doncaster match thread on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 3607 viewsMoonyDale

Doncaster match thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

I'm sorry 442 but even though I am not one of the ones who has resorted to the "I told you so" line, those of us who think it's time for him to go and have been vocal in saying so have been castigated by 3 or 4 of the same posters after any negative posts since last season, even though now more of us are seeing what has been happening for months....The last poll showed that and no I don't think there needs to be another one...I don't blame anyone for saying I told you so....Because they did..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Doncaster match thread on 17:08 - Jan 1 with 3484 views442Dale

Doncaster match thread on 17:04 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

I'm sorry 442 but even though I am not one of the ones who has resorted to the "I told you so" line, those of us who think it's time for him to go and have been vocal in saying so have been castigated by 3 or 4 of the same posters after any negative posts since last season, even though now more of us are seeing what has been happening for months....The last poll showed that and no I don't think there needs to be another one...I don't blame anyone for saying I told you so....Because they did..

Well argued constructive criticism hasn’t been “castigated”. There’s absolutely nothing gained from being “proved right”.

Personally, I don’t think Hill’s got and better or worse since a year ago. He’s just continuing to make the same mistakes, with the only difference being that time is removed as a defence.

Doncaster match thread on 17:15 - Jan 1 with 3349 viewsMoonyDale

Doncaster match thread on 17:08 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

Well argued constructive criticism hasn’t been “castigated”. There’s absolutely nothing gained from being “proved right”.

Personally, I don’t think Hill’s got and better or worse since a year ago. He’s just continuing to make the same mistakes, with the only difference being that time is removed as a defence.

So you would expect to be in your job after at least a year of making the same mistakes? Seriously you cannot believe that....Any negative comment has indeed been Castigated and many times, and the point that can be proven is that those who were doing the castigating were indeed wrong and those who were castigated were indeed right...

Doncaster match thread on 17:15 - Jan 1 with 3342 viewsjonahwhereru

Wade must be wondering what he has to do to get a game!

Adshead clearly isn’t ready for the first team week in week out. The confidence across the club seems shot to pieces. It will take a Lazarus type of miracle to turn this around. Forget last season, getting belief back in this squad will be Keith Hil’s biggest ever challenge at the club.

Penny for Dunphy and Kirkpatrick’s thoughts.
Doncaster match thread on 17:17 - Jan 1 with 3320 viewselectricblue

Doncaster match thread on 16:55 - Jan 1 by frequency

Agree

Hill as to only of the board appoint a manager from outside the club.
People say warburton is out of Dales reach, really!
A basic plus targetted bonuses maybe a way to get his attention..
Jeez wasnt Hollins on big bucks at Dale....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Doncaster match thread on 17:19 - Jan 1 with 3258 viewsRotherhamDale

Doncaster match thread on 17:15 - Jan 1 by jonahwhereru

Wade must be wondering what he has to do to get a game!

Adshead clearly isn’t ready for the first team week in week out. The confidence across the club seems shot to pieces. It will take a Lazarus type of miracle to turn this around. Forget last season, getting belief back in this squad will be Keith Hil’s biggest ever challenge at the club.

Penny for Dunphy and Kirkpatrick’s thoughts.

reuben noble lazarus to join in January

Possession with progression.

Doncaster match thread on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 3197 views442Dale

Doncaster match thread on 17:15 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

So you would expect to be in your job after at least a year of making the same mistakes? Seriously you cannot believe that....Any negative comment has indeed been Castigated and many times, and the point that can be proven is that those who were doing the castigating were indeed wrong and those who were castigated were indeed right...

My point is that whatever anyone’s stance, a valid argument is backed up and doesn’t need to involve any castigating at all.

Doncaster match thread on 17:33 - Jan 1 with 3034 viewsMoonyDale

Doncaster match thread on 17:22 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

My point is that whatever anyone’s stance, a valid argument is backed up and doesn’t need to involve any castigating at all.

I agree, unfortunately some on here do not...And I can guarantee that someone will be along shortly to prove the point...Although if they read this they may take the night off..

Doncaster match thread on 17:36 - Jan 1 with 2964 viewsCarbonDale

Doncaster match thread on 16:47 - Jan 1 by 49thseason

We now have the worst defensive record in the division.

Second worst in the country, disgraceful.
Doncaster match thread on 18:37 - Jan 1 with 2594 viewsblackdogblue

Doncaster match thread on 16:52 - Jan 1 by KenBoon

Rathbone has ran about a bit but the rest can f**k off. Making Doncaster look great with a performance resembling that 3-0 dicking at Stockport about 13 years ago.

Out of them all I thought Kozi played the best..

At least he didn’t get booked stopping their number 7...

Hexit

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Doncaster match thread on 19:47 - Jan 1 with 2326 viewsDaley_Lama

Doncaster match thread on 18:37 - Jan 1 by blackdogblue

Out of them all I thought Kozi played the best..

At least he didn’t get booked stopping their number 7...

Hexit

Number 7

He absolutely roasted Harrison at RB in the first half, who finally RIGHTLY got a yellow card for accumulated fouls against him, he couldn't cope and Hilly did him the mercy of moving him to CH to protect him.

After that, the ref decided that Harrison's accumulated fouls counted for any Rochdale player who fouled him.

MJ Williams touches him, yellow card.
Camps touches him, yellow card.
Inman has a 50/50 tussle with him, ref decides it goes the Donny lad's way. Yellow card.
Rathbone pulls him back - yellow card.

The Rathbone one, fair enough, but the others were absolutely nothing tackles or 50/50 balls with no malice at all.

The one time twinkle toes lost the ball to Done, he had a kick out at him as Done scampered away, nothing.

The lad was devastating and had a cracking game, but the ref decided he was so special that any foul on him was a yellow card.

Yes, he was running us ragged
Yes, he got brought down a lot by Harrison
The rest, he simply decided to protect him so much that we couldn't breathe near him.,

Not sour grapes about the result, we got a deserved thumping, awful initial team selection, if Hill couldn't remember that we got swamped in the league at Doncaster 12 months ago with no big man up front to help relieve the pressure, then he is very forgetful indeed.

With Camps supposedly up front, he rarely stayed there and dropped back into his central position. This meant that we had him, Morley and Adshead all in there tripping over each other.

Harrison and RB was lost. Only just got in in time to see the looping header from his position sail over Norman's head for the first. His foul on #7 free kick for the second. It didn't get any better.

We had absolutely no physical presence in the front 6 positions, yet when we rarely attacked, we crossed for their CH's to clear away easily.

Awful awful first half, second half was much more balanced until Norman did what he did and the boos rang out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:48]

Poll: DF in or out

Doncaster match thread on 19:55 - Jan 1 with 2277 viewsrochdale_ranger

I’ve been saying since last Christmas that it’s time for a change I don’t say that with any sense of smugness or one upmanship on those who had a different opinion who have now changed their mind.

We all know that we are never going to finish top of the league in this division and that we have one of the Lower budgets and smaller attendances in the league but is Hill helping our chances that’s the question.
Doncaster match thread on 20:28 - Jan 1 with 2146 viewsSaxonDale

Believe me that was as poor as we’ve looked for a while but I think it’ll be interesting to see what the next few days bring. Think we’ll see a good 4/5 out over the next few days with others coming in so will have a better idea of where we stand in a week or so.

I think a big problem is our current match day squad. Hilly is clearly sticking with players that are serving him well in training or he thinks will be around over the next season or so but it means frankly that many players aren’t quite good enough- particularly when put together. The real mismatch of players in various positions plus a midfield diamond of Done,Adshead, Morley and Rathbone was always going to lead to us shipping goals and it was almost as if Hilly had found a system to shoe-horn players in rather than choosing the best players for a set system. We’re in a rot and have been for a considerable time but my instinct tells me we’ll be ok. We desperately lacked leadership today- as good as their number 7 was he should’ve been clattered in the first 5 minutes. We’re too much of a soft touch with a huge lack of confidence

Steps forward for me would be-

Try to move on:

Randall
Clough (if not going to feature)
Norman + 1 other keeper
Wilbraham
Perkins
(There’s more that needs moving on in summer)

Bring in:

Full back who can offer a real threat from crossing situations (or preferably bring back Hart)
Goalkeeper who is going to be persevered with at number 1
Centre back who can help MJ Williams settle in as his partner- Delaney needs time out the starting XI
Mobile forward who offers height and can be a threat (doesn’t have to score 20 a season!)
Someone to give us a bit of a nasty streak, preferably in midfield.

Obviously that’s a very big turnover for a short period and some may be able to be skipped to the summer, for example if we get a confident CB in then we need to stick with Lillis. However, if Hilly is unhappy with all 3 keepers I’d rather he bought a new one in and stuck with him. I think the biggest thing we need is leadership, regardless of where it is. Certainly a big lack of that on the pitch at the moment.
Doncaster match thread on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 2105 views49thseason

The team selection is no longer a choice, there are less than a dozen or so players who are a) fit and b) capable of playing a L1 game and C) are not goalkeepers. The problem is that those players don't cover the 11 positions adequately.

Essentially we have about 13 players who are what might be termed ist choices, 2 of those (Cannon and McGahey)are apparently leaving, one (Andrew) is transfer listed For the rest, 2 can't play football anymore (McNulty and Wilbraham), two never could play football (Williams 11 and Inman) and Hart, Dooley Randall and Thompson are injured.
The team picks itself the only management decision is what positions they play and who fills the bench.
Doncaster match thread (n/t) on 20:57 - Jan 1 with 1995 viewsalbert_park

Doncaster match thread on 20:35 - Jan 1 by 49thseason

The team selection is no longer a choice, there are less than a dozen or so players who are a) fit and b) capable of playing a L1 game and C) are not goalkeepers. The problem is that those players don't cover the 11 positions adequately.

Essentially we have about 13 players who are what might be termed ist choices, 2 of those (Cannon and McGahey)are apparently leaving, one (Andrew) is transfer listed For the rest, 2 can't play football anymore (McNulty and Wilbraham), two never could play football (Williams 11 and Inman) and Hart, Dooley Randall and Thompson are injured.
The team picks itself the only management decision is what positions they play and who fills the bench.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024