Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unity 17:15 - Jan 1 with 15557 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity is what is called for now.

We are in such a better place than 12 months ago in terms of league position and there is no reason why the relevant points needed to get to 50 can't be obtained in the remaining league games.

P26 W8 D6 L12 F33 A52 Points 30.

I think everyone can see what adjustment is needed to stop that goals against figure changing.

I still don't think we are a bottom four team and it will be interesting to see the reactions/overreactions to a Christmas period which saw us pick up 6 points from 12!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Unity on 18:50 - Jan 1 with 1680 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 18:45 - Jan 1 by rochdaleriddler

But we are getting hammered, where are our next goals coming from, let alone points

Two poor results vs Bradford and today at Doncaster after two very good results vs Southend and Blackpool.

Our last goal and points - 17.50 on Boxing Day - six days ago.

Our next opportunity for goals and points - 3pm on Saturday 5th January.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Unity on 18:51 - Jan 1 with 1669 viewsDalenet

Unity on 18:40 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Unify around:

1) Getting another 20 points as quickly as possible. That means another season in League 1
2) The new Chairman, Chief Executive and Directors. They haven't come here to undo the work of Chris Dunphy and that board and in the same way that Dunphy didn't come into undo the work of David Kilpatrick.
3) The fact that there is no glory around supporting Rochdale; never has been and never will be. But League 1 football is a success for everyone at the club and those who make their living in the town.

So RAFC you asked for unity. The majority are clear on here on what they want to Unify around. You did ask them afterall. Will you now also Unify around the majority?

I don't expect a club like ours to achieve higher levels of football. But I do want to be entertained, be respected as a paying fan and enjoy it. I do not subscribe to the "be grateful for what we have" campaign. I would argue that the town has had too many people with no ambition or vision in the past. Lets have people that are positive and make changes when it is necessary.
Unity on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 1650 viewskiwidale

Unity on 18:46 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

No it's not. It's historical fact.

Those were the results of last season.

And so far this season we are ahead of last season.

KH is "surviving" because:

a) he is managing Rochdale on a budget and at a level that Rochdale aren't used to.
b) he has a track record of success at this club relative to the club's history and financial means.

React all you like to losing 5-0 but there isn't half some sh*te posted each season during a bad run or after a bad result.

Here's an example from 2015/16:

"Eastham HAS to start.
McDermott HAS to start.
Vincenti HAS to start.
Alessandra SHOULD be given a run out.

We've persevered with Bunney for long enough. It's time for something new. Today is almost a must win and the whole squad (including KH) needs a confidence boost. Anything other than a victory today is failure."

Final league position in 2015/16 - 10th (under Keith Hill).

To be fair if we are talking about shite being posted on here? there is a fair amount of shite in your post alone.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:53]

This is not the time for bickering.

Unity on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 1649 viewsMoonyDale

Unity on 18:46 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

No it's not. It's historical fact.

Those were the results of last season.

And so far this season we are ahead of last season.

KH is "surviving" because:

a) he is managing Rochdale on a budget and at a level that Rochdale aren't used to.
b) he has a track record of success at this club relative to the club's history and financial means.

React all you like to losing 5-0 but there isn't half some sh*te posted each season during a bad run or after a bad result.

Here's an example from 2015/16:

"Eastham HAS to start.
McDermott HAS to start.
Vincenti HAS to start.
Alessandra SHOULD be given a run out.

We've persevered with Bunney for long enough. It's time for something new. Today is almost a must win and the whole squad (including KH) needs a confidence boost. Anything other than a victory today is failure."

Final league position in 2015/16 - 10th (under Keith Hill).

As of today it's 2019, not one thing above means anything....It's in the past and has zero meaning for the rest of the season....That is a fact.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Unity on 18:54 - Jan 1 with 1636 viewsrichfoad32

Unity on 18:50 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Two poor results vs Bradford and today at Doncaster after two very good results vs Southend and Blackpool.

We got dicked 4-0 by Bradford on Boxing Day?
Unity on 19:00 - Jan 1 with 1592 viewsrochdaleriddler

Unity on 18:50 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

FActually wrong, and not an answer to my question

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unity on 19:01 - Jan 1 with 1586 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 18:51 - Jan 1 by Dalenet

So RAFC you asked for unity. The majority are clear on here on what they want to Unify around. You did ask them afterall. Will you now also Unify around the majority?

I don't expect a club like ours to achieve higher levels of football. But I do want to be entertained, be respected as a paying fan and enjoy it. I do not subscribe to the "be grateful for what we have" campaign. I would argue that the town has had too many people with no ambition or vision in the past. Lets have people that are positive and make changes when it is necessary.

Having been around here since the Rivals days, I can safely say that the number of users of this messageboard as a proportion of our support is tiny.

Take out those with multiple personalities, multiple usernames and the WUM's who engage from other clubs and you certainly don't have a "majority".

You sound like Sky News referring to Brexit!

If you want to be entertained on Saturday can I suggest that you visit the Odeon Rochdale and buy a ticket for Mary Poppins returns?

The film has grossed over $174.5 million worldwide and received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised Blunt's performance, the musical score and numbers, visuals, production values, and sense of nostalgia, although some critics found it derivative of the first film.

There's nothing on the ticket that promises you "entertainment" just like there isn't for your ticket to the football.

I'd expect the Burton game to be a tight affair just as it was on the opening day of the season.

We might win, we might lose, we might draw. Who knows!

If you don't want to watch Mary Poppins or go shopping or do that niggly DIY job you've been putting off then there's always a space at Spotland.

Unity on 19:02 - Jan 1 with 1568 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 18:54 - Jan 1 by richfoad32

We got dicked 4-0 by Bradford on Boxing Day?

We got beat by Bradford on Saturday 29th December in my world.

Christmas does blur the days mind.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:15]

Login to get fewer ads

Unity on 19:04 - Jan 1 with 1536 views442Dale

Unity on 18:40 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Unify around:

1) Getting another 20 points as quickly as possible. That means another season in League 1
2) The new Chairman, Chief Executive and Directors. They haven't come here to undo the work of Chris Dunphy and that board and in the same way that Dunphy didn't come into undo the work of David Kilpatrick.
3) The fact that there is no glory around supporting Rochdale; never has been and never will be. But League 1 football is a success for everyone at the club and those who make their living in the town.

It all works both ways.

Clear leadership is needed, responsibility and accountability accepted. Let’s see that, because that’s something simple to achieve right now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Unity on 19:04 - Jan 1 with 1551 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 19:00 - Jan 1 by rochdaleriddler

FActually wrong, and not an answer to my question

Is it?

When did Ian Henderson score vs Blackpool then?

I have it down as the 89th minute of the game on Boxing Day.

That's the problem with Christmas, the days blur into one!

Unity on 19:04 - Jan 1 with 1540 viewsrichfoad32

Unity on 19:02 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

We got beat by Bradford on Saturday 29th December in my world.

Christmas does blur the days mind.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:15]

Yup, my bad. Overdid the celebrations last night!
Unity on 19:07 - Jan 1 with 1516 viewsrochdale_ranger

Unity on 19:01 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Having been around here since the Rivals days, I can safely say that the number of users of this messageboard as a proportion of our support is tiny.

Take out those with multiple personalities, multiple usernames and the WUM's who engage from other clubs and you certainly don't have a "majority".

If you want to be entertained on Saturday can I suggest that you visit the Odeon Rochdale and buy a ticket for Mary Poppins returns?

The film has grossed over $174.5 million worldwide and received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised Blunt's performance, the musical score and numbers, visuals, production values, and sense of nostalgia, although some critics found it derivative of the first film.

There's nothing on the ticket that promises you "entertainment" just like there isn't for your ticket to the football.

I'd expect the Burton game to be a tight affair just as it was on the opening day of the season.

If you don't want to watch Mary Poppins or go shopping or do that niggly DIY job you've been putting off then there's always a space at Spotland.

Think I’ll go and watch Mary Poppins quite partial to a musical.
Unity on 19:11 - Jan 1 with 1480 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 19:04 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

It all works both ways.

Clear leadership is needed, responsibility and accountability accepted. Let’s see that, because that’s something simple to achieve right now.

Very true.

And if I take your scenario in the current form we have two choices.

1) Trust the leadership in place. That's the chairman, the board and those who run the club one and off the field.

2) Appoint new leadership. We have a new chairman and board members.
The transfer window is open and players will depart and I'm sure some will arrive.

If we are saying something "we can't get behind the club until they get it all right" ; then we are properly fooked. Everyone to a man, woman or child stands up to be counted on their own merit.

You've a level head 442 - what would you want to see - and be candid.

If we are saying we need a vote of confidence in the remaining former Board and the new Board then perhaps we should have it?

I have confidence in those people and respect them for taking the roles - which are thankless tasks at times.

Changing Hill doesn't guarantee anything. We changed Steve Eyre for John Coleman last time and that made no difference.

Ignoring the financial outlay it is the same players, the the same pitch and the same financial outlay constraints.

The supporters can and should get behind the players to the extent that they are prepared to under the definition of that noun.

Unity on 19:11 - Jan 1 with 1471 viewsrochdaleriddler

Unity on 19:04 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Is it?

When did Ian Henderson score vs Blackpool then?

I have it down as the 89th minute of the game on Boxing Day.

That's the problem with Christmas, the days blur into one!

OOps

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unity on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 1443 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 19:07 - Jan 1 by rochdale_ranger

Think I’ll go and watch Mary Poppins quite partial to a musical.

Enjoy.

Unity on 19:16 - Jan 1 with 1428 viewsMoonyDale

Unity on 19:11 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Very true.

1) Trust the leadership in place. That's the chairman, the board and those who run the club one and off the field.

The transfer window is open and players will depart and I'm sure some will arrive.

If we are saying something "we can't get behind the club until they get it all right" ; then we are properly fooked. Everyone to a man, woman or child stands up to be counted on their own merit.

If we are saying we need a vote of confidence in the remaining former Board and the new Board then perhaps we should have it?

I have confidence in those people and respect them for taking the roles - which are thankless tasks at times.

Changing Hill doesn't guarantee anything. We changed Steve Eyre for John Coleman last time and that made no difference.

Ignoring the financial outlay it is the same players, the the same pitch and the same financial outlay constraints.

The supporters can and should get behind the players to the extent that they are prepared to under the definition of that noun.

Has anyone said on here that they are not behind the players? I know I haven't.....I am however not behind the manager.

Unity on 19:19 - Jan 1 with 1405 viewsrochdale_ranger

Unity on 19:14 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Enjoy.

CrappyHillyis-so-sillycannotwinatDonny.
Unity on 19:20 - Jan 1 with 1392 viewskiwidale

Unity on 19:19 - Jan 1 by rochdale_ranger

CrappyHillyis-so-sillycannotwinatDonny.

very good ranger.

This is not the time for bickering.

Unity on 19:24 - Jan 1 with 1364 views442Dale

Very true.

What would I want to see? It’s in my post and something that should exist always: responsibility and accountability accepted. It’s up to those involved how they achieve that to ensure that the unity we’d all want has a better chance of developing.

So many simple things down the years have led to this point, a lot of it totally avoidable. Anyone wanting an example need look no further than the “disconnect” that has been allowed to develop because of totally unnecessary comments about supporters. Don’t think it’s all on Hill or any one person, it’s a collective attitude and outlook. And yes, supporters have a part to play too, but we are where we are and for those who saw it coming it’s pretty depressing. Mainly because it didn’t have to be like this if heads were not stuck in the sand with the hope that we’ll always be fine under the current management.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Unity on 19:26 - Jan 1 with 1356 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 19:16 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

Has anyone said on here that they are not behind the players? I know I haven't.....I am however not behind the manager.

Some have - here are some tasters from the Doncaster match thread:

"I do feel for all 3 keepers, but Norman is poor. I don't want to see play for Dale again"

"Rathbone has ran about a bit but the rest can f**k off."

"Wade must be wondering what he has to do to get a game!"

A different manager for Burton at home on Saturday would still have the choice of picking either Lillis, Moore, Norman or Wade.

The players here are the ones that were prepared to come here on the financial packages we could offer. Most did that for the opportunity to work with Keith Hill.

Whether someone likes a manager or player is irrelevant. The point about "unity" is about getting behind whoever represents the club.

I personally don't give a toss what the team is on Saturday and who picks it or how we play as long as we win!

Unity on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 1311 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 19:24 - Jan 1 by 442Dale

What would I want to see? It’s in my post and something that should exist always: responsibility and accountability accepted. It’s up to those involved how they achieve that to ensure that the unity we’d all want has a better chance of developing.

So many simple things down the years have led to this point, a lot of it totally avoidable. Anyone wanting an example need look no further than the “disconnect” that has been allowed to develop because of totally unnecessary comments about supporters. Don’t think it’s all on Hill or any one person, it’s a collective attitude and outlook. And yes, supporters have a part to play too, but we are where we are and for those who saw it coming it’s pretty depressing. Mainly because it didn’t have to be like this if heads were not stuck in the sand with the hope that we’ll always be fine under the current management.

I can see that 442, but "responsibility and accountability accepted" is too vague.

If we take today's game and work on the basis there is not a professional sportsperson I know that went out to deliberately lose 5-0 today then where is that responsibility with a name on it.

It's a bit like saying that we should be better at defending corners but blaming Hill when someone switches off and doesn't do their job.

I know, for example, that every person in our team has a marking job at set pieces. If Hill gives them that marking job and their man scores today are they the ones responsible? Or Hill? Or Chris Dunphy for appointing Hill?

Sometimes you need someone to say "X doesn't work for me because of Y".

Be candid; you're on a football messageboard - its not as if you are not trying to make things better in a level headed way which is the starting point for positive change.

Unity on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 1306 viewsBlueboy

Very true.

I've not seen anywhere where the fans are not behind the players,I think there is a good lge 1 eleven in there somewhere but hill is not bringing out the best in them anymore,yes we've had some great times under him but all good things come to an end,we can't go on like this,what is the point of surviving in league one if it's not enjoyable to watch,I don't want to see us losing 3-4/0 every wk,really think it needs freshening up,don't know who but it can't go on like this,its not enjoyable watching Dale anymore.
Unity on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 1298 viewsDalenet

Unity on 19:01 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Disappointing and patronising response from somebody that wants unity provided it is his way.

I too have been posting since the rivals days. I am not suggesting that this Board represents the majority, but the feeling of everybody around me on matchdays is more representative than a few on here. But you asked the few on here didn't you.

I have always backed Hill all the way, even last season, but he doesn't have a clue at present. Ask the players. If we drop to League Two I doubt we would survive this time around. We don't have a sugar daddy to cover the drop in income whilst we support managers and players on League One wages. I don't want to us to be the next Stockport. We survive by making changes and getting people to turn up. Telling them to go the Odeon shows that you don't have a care about unification - looks like the arrogance of a director telling the fans not to come back.
Unity on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 1298 viewsmidlandsdale

Unity on 17:48 - Jan 1 by fitzochris

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well when exactly do you mean?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

Mine too. If there was just an inkling from Hill that he is responsible I might have some but that's never going to happen. It is time to change as we have had a great run but like Arsenal its just time to change and move forward.
Unity on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 1271 viewsMoonyDale

Unity on 19:26 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Some have - here are some tasters from the Doncaster match thread:

"I do feel for all 3 keepers, but Norman is poor. I don't want to see play for Dale again"

"Rathbone has ran about a bit but the rest can f**k off."

"Wade must be wondering what he has to do to get a game!"

A different manager for Burton at home on Saturday would still have the choice of picking either Lillis, Moore, Norman or Wade.

The players here are the ones that were prepared to come here on the financial packages we could offer. Most did that for the opportunity to work with Keith Hill.

Whether someone likes a manager or player is irrelevant. The point about "unity" is about getting behind whoever represents the club.

I personally don't give a toss what the team is on Saturday and who picks it or how we play as long as we win!

With the greatest of respect only one of those comments could be construed as over the top...And that is the Rathbone one re the rest of the team...The rest are nothing at all out of the ordinary.....As for the goalkeeping farce you can lay the blame for that with one person....and it isn't a player.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024