Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unity 17:15 - Jan 1 with 15555 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity is what is called for now.

We are in such a better place than 12 months ago in terms of league position and there is no reason why the relevant points needed to get to 50 can't be obtained in the remaining league games.

P26 W8 D6 L12 F33 A52 Points 30.

I think everyone can see what adjustment is needed to stop that goals against figure changing.

I still don't think we are a bottom four team and it will be interesting to see the reactions/overreactions to a Christmas period which saw us pick up 6 points from 12!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Unity on 09:16 - Jan 2 with 2103 viewsJimmyRustler

Unity on 09:01 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

Financially, how many fans go to away games is irrelevant to the club.

We don't make any real money from them. People pick and choose their away games, particularly over Christmas.

The TV deal however is a harsh reality and we are better of in this League than the one below.

Your point on where we pick points up in League 1 is incorrect.

Of last season's 51 points achieved 30 of them were at home. We only lost 5 home games. The remaining 21 points were achieved away. There we a lot of draws.

In the first three league one seasons where we finished in the top 10 for three consecutive years we collected more points at home than away.

This season of our 30 points, we have 13 at home - but have 10 home games to play so can't compare like with like yet.

60 points still to play for!

No matter how you dress it up, our recent home form has been woeful. How many wins do we have in the last 30 or so home games?

I'm not talking about the financial implications towards the club. In reality, our attendances will always be shit no matter what we do on the pitch. However, at the current rate of knots, I reckon they will get a lot shitter and fast.

You keep parroting this 60 points left to play for line. We are bobbins. There are no signs of anything changing, performances on the pitch are getting worse and confidence is at an all time low. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?
Unity on 09:21 - Jan 2 with 2085 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 09:10 - Jan 2 by DaleFan7

The most worrying thing about our home form is the fact we've only scored 13 goals in 13 games and in a team that has the 2nd worst defensive record in the football league its hard to see where points are coming from at home for the rest of the season unless something changes drastically and someone other than Henderson learns how to score.

Very true.

We are also not a first half team. If the League table was done solely based on half time scores then we would be rock bottom.

If you segment the game into sixths, in the fifteen minutes before half time we are 11-2 down on aggregate.

As we've shown under Hill, you can win games in the first half and the second half becomes somewhat irrelevant.

Going back to percentage football; getting the ball into scoring positions and hitting the target would be a good start.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Unity on 11:55 - Jan 2 with 1949 viewsaleanddale

Unity on 18:33 - Jan 1 by RAFCBLUE

Based "on current form" - yes.

Points per game this season so far - 1.15.

Expected points haul from the last 20 games - 23.

We've achieved 7 points from the last 6 games so running just above that average.

Expected end of season points from here - 53 and safety.

53 and safety would be great - and we are on track points wise ( just )

the club needs to settle down though and I think Hilly needs to start playing seasoned pros ( round pegs - round holes ) instead of starting with youth who are not quite ready.

One coming on with 20 minutes to go is a bit easier for the young lads than 2/3 starting away at a tough place to go like Doncaster.

what a mess the last 2 games ( 9-0 ) on the back of 2 wins from 2 games as well.
Unity on 13:03 - Jan 2 with 1887 viewsrochdale_ranger

Unity on 08:20 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

That's exactly the point, I could easily have gone to Doncaster too yet another game I've CHOSEN to miss due to the absolute shite that's been churned out consistently for God knows how long now, id happily pay to watch a team go for it and play remotely exciting football, it's like paying someone to knowingly piss you off you just wouldn't bother!!

That’s the boat I’m in and I’ve been missing home games aswell (and I own a season ticket!) total apathy. But after being told we are lucky to be where we are and are punching above our weight how else are you supposed to act? At least when I put the lottery on I feel like there is a chance I won’t get kicked in the bullocks. My personal fave was when we were bottom of the league last season and he said it’s okay because we are top of league two. Or when we drew with MK dons on a cold Tuesday night and he told fans not to bother turning up for the next game.
Unity on 14:37 - Jan 2 with 1809 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 09:16 - Jan 2 by JimmyRustler

No matter how you dress it up, our recent home form has been woeful. How many wins do we have in the last 30 or so home games?

I'm not talking about the financial implications towards the club. In reality, our attendances will always be shit no matter what we do on the pitch. However, at the current rate of knots, I reckon they will get a lot shitter and fast.

You keep parroting this 60 points left to play for line. We are bobbins. There are no signs of anything changing, performances on the pitch are getting worse and confidence is at an all time low. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

Last 10 home games - P10 W5 D2 L3.

Our win average over four and a bit seasons for home games is 46 from 105 games (44%) and lost 29 of them (28%), drawing the rest.

Last season we lost 5 games at home and the first year we were promoted in 2014/15 we lost 9.

It's not a matter of "dressing it up". We are a League 1 side with a small budget and achieving about what we should achieve for the money we spend.

The light at the end of the tunnel is always the next game - Burton (h) at the weekend.

Unity on 14:41 - Jan 2 with 1794 viewsSaxonDale

Unity on 14:37 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

Our win average over four and a bit seasons for home games is 46 from 105 games (44%) and lost 29 of them (28%), drawing the rest.

Last season we lost 5 games at home and the first year we were promoted in 2014/15 we lost 9.

It's not a matter of "dressing it up". We are a League 1 side with a small budget and achieving about what we should achieve for the money we spend.

The light at the end of the tunnel is always the next game - Burton (h) at the weekend.

If Binary Fc score 4/5 against us then I really will get worried.
Unity on 14:45 - Jan 2 with 1789 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 14:41 - Jan 2 by SaxonDale

True.

Their away form this season - P12 W2 D3 L7 - Scored 12 Conceded 21.

Our home form this season P13 W4 D2 L7 - Scored 13 Conceded 23.

11-1 is available on a 0-0 draw and if it ends 1-0 to either side currently possible to make a profit backing all three outcomes.

Unity on 14:49 - Jan 2 with 1779 viewsTVOS1907

Unity on 14:37 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

Your last ten home games include an FA Cup tie v Gateshead and a Checkatrade Trophy tie v Oldham, none of which got us any points.

The last ten home LEAGUE games - P10 W4 D2 L4

Last season, we failed to win 17 home league games.

In 2014/15, we failed to win 12 home league games.

Last season we won 6 home league games.

In 2014/15 we won 11 home league games.

See how easy it is to isolate the relevant statistics to back-up an argument?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:55]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Unity on 14:59 - Jan 2 with 1748 viewsjudd

4/5 is 80%.

Therefore, nil goals.

Yay!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Unity on 15:01 - Jan 2 with 1741 viewsD_Alien

Unity on 14:59 - Jan 2 by judd

4/5 is 80%.

Therefore, nil goals.

Yay!

Without goal-line technology, i can see the ref awarding it...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Unity on 15:16 - Jan 2 with 1703 views49thseason

The problem is that people want to watch a winning team, not a drawing team and certainly not a losing team. The average time from us taking the lead in a game to being pegged back is about 20 minutes. The problem is the inability to get in front and stay there.
Unity on 15:38 - Jan 2 with 1660 viewsDaleiLama

Surely Binary FC can only score 1 or fail to score = 0?

Unless you mean if they score 100/101?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Unity on 15:56 - Jan 2 with 1627 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 14:49 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Your last ten home games include an FA Cup tie v Gateshead and a Checkatrade Trophy tie v Oldham, none of which got us any points.

The last ten home LEAGUE games - P10 W4 D2 L4

Last season, we failed to win 17 home league games.

In 2014/15, we failed to win 12 home league games.

Last season we won 6 home league games.

In 2014/15 we won 11 home league games.

See how easy it is to isolate the relevant statistics to back-up an argument?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 14:55]

Absolutely TVOS; it's kind of my point.

As you perfectly demonstrate, statistics can paint whatever you want them to do.

But there are three yes/no questions here which you (and anyone else) can answer without stats:

1) Isn't this the highest performing level Dale team since 1973/74?
2) If we avoid relegation and start as a League 1 side in August 2019 won't it be the best run the club has ever had in it's life at its highest level?
3) Who has been the manager behind it all?

You see, there are all these people slagging Keith Hill off and saying he should go, the board should fire him, pay him off etc.

Firstly, those who say that are completely entitled to their opinion as supporters, but don't understand the financial constraints of a three and a half year contract for a League 1 manager. Rochdale FC does not the kind of money for that.

Those that call for his head offer no suggestions as to a replacement. They don't offer a way out of the £400k+ we would have to find for that 3.5 year contract. They don't guarantee that change will bring the open entertaining football they want - because they can't.

Secondly, Keith Hill is a perfectly valid employee of a company managed by his boss working within his budget.

He doesn't just sign who he likes. It's ratified by the Board.

He doesn't hang onto players when he likes. Sales are ratified by the Board.

He didn't just write his own five year contract; it was agreed with ratified by the Board.

So I just don't understand the anger on this Board at just Keith Hill specifically particularly as it has gone on for a good few years now and particularly in the context of the two promotions and the numerous good times.

I don't recall this level of hyperbole when we won in the last minute at Southend on 22nd December. The mood in that away end towards Hill wasn't the mood on this board.

I don't recall this level of hyperbole when we beat Blackpool on Boxing Day.

But lose two games by a wide margin after 10 years service and as Keith would say: WOW!

When his 3.5 years is up he can and may gladly walk off into the sunset and watch his successor come in and try and replicate promotions and cup runs on these resources. He's financially secure for life after managing in the Championship and us for 10 years.

If these people saying Hill should go were saying "Sack the Board" too or constituent parts of the Board then fair enough; but they are not.

It reeks of jealousy for the practical and financial success Hill has enjoyed by bringing success to our club.

He doesn't need Rochdale now and if Rochdale wanted to rip up his contract and pay him what he is contractually due then I am sure that he would shake hands with Andrew Kilpatrick and walk away.

We'd be foolish to do that IMO and there is a raft of data that supports it however people want to try and downplay it.

Unity on 16:07 - Jan 2 with 1588 viewsrochdaleriddler

Unity on 15:56 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

As you perfectly demonstrate, statistics can paint whatever you want them to do.

But there are three yes/no questions here which you (and anyone else) can answer without stats:

2) If we avoid relegation and start as a League 1 side in August 2019 won't it be the best run the club has ever had in it's life at its highest level?

You see, there are all these people slagging Keith Hill off and saying he should go, the board should fire him, pay him off etc.

Firstly, those who say that are completely entitled to their opinion as supporters, but don't understand the financial constraints of a three and a half year contract for a League 1 manager. Rochdale FC does not the kind of money for that.

Those that call for his head offer no suggestions as to a replacement. They don't offer a way out of the £400k+ we would have to find for that 3.5 year contract. They don't guarantee that change will bring the open entertaining football they want - because they can't.

Secondly, Keith Hill is a perfectly valid employee of a company managed by his boss working within his budget.

He didn't just write his own five year contract; it was agreed with ratified by the Board.

So I just don't understand the anger on this Board at just Keith Hill specifically particularly as it has gone on for a good few years now and particularly in the context of the two promotions and the numerous good times.

I don't recall this level of hyperbole when we won in the last minute at Southend on 22nd December. The mood in that away end towards Hill wasn't the mood on this board.

But lose two games by a wide margin after 10 years service and as Keith would say: WOW!

When his 3.5 years is up he can and may gladly walk off into the sunset and watch his successor come in and try and replicate promotions and cup runs on these resources. He's financially secure for life after managing in the Championship and us for 10 years.

If these people saying Hill should go were saying "Sack the Board" too or constituent parts of the Board then fair enough; but they are not.

It reeks of jealousy for the practical and financial success Hill has enjoyed by bringing success to our club.

He doesn't need Rochdale now and if Rochdale wanted to rip up his contract and pay him what he is contractually due then I am sure that he would shake hands with Andrew Kilpatrick and walk away.

We'd be foolish to do that IMO and there is a raft of data that supports it however people want to try and downplay it.

The board is pretty new, why sack it?, and why would the board sack itself?
Pretty sure no-one in here knows Hill’s contract , and how much it would cost to terminate
Why would anyone on here be jealous of Hill, I wish everything was going swimmingly, it isn’t .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Unity on 16:23 - Jan 2 with 1561 viewsTVOS1907

I haven't got the time, the energy nor the inclination to go through all that. I was merely dissecting the holes in your stats.

Unity on 16:31 - Jan 2 with 1530 viewsrochdale_ranger

OK nice one for that Keith.
Unity on 18:08 - Jan 2 with 1430 viewsD_Alien

Just had a quick glance at the L1 table and the reduced programme due to cup ties

IF we were to beat Burton on Saturday, we'd move up to 13th place...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Unity on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 1429 viewsRAFCBLUE

Unity on 16:23 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

I haven't got the time, the energy nor the inclination to go through all that. I was merely dissecting the holes in your stats.

Of course you haven't the time, energy or inclination.

The answers are obvious:

Yes

Yes

Keith Hill.

You used to be good at quizzes; but a bit like Hilly - everyone loses their shine eventually!

I won't start the TVOS out campaign just yet mind.

Unity on 18:14 - Jan 2 with 1410 viewssweetcorn

Unity on 09:16 - Jan 2 by JimmyRustler

We’ve been hammered multiple times throughout the season and have still managed to get wins when they’re needed.

If we keep our points per game so far until the end of the season we’d still end up with 54 points, which is enough to stay up..

No one is defending that this season is anything great, but in reality of we are safe of 2/3 games to go that is an improvement on last season. Did people expect us to go from relegation fodder last season surviving by the skin of our teeth, to top half contenders..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Unity on 19:02 - Jan 2 with 1345 viewsShun

Unity on 15:38 - Jan 2 by DaleiLama

Surely Binary FC can only score 1 or fail to score = 0?

Unless you mean if they score 100/101?

I think that was Saxon’s point - they’re the most 1-0 side around and have been for years!
Unity on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 1322 viewsMoonyDale

Jealousy? In the words of Nan, what a load of shit...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Unity on 19:25 - Jan 2 with 1281 viewsDaleiLama

Unity on 19:02 - Jan 2 by Shun

I think that was Saxon’s point - they’re the most 1-0 side around and have been for years!

I got it Shun - I was just having a bit of fun with the binary version of 4 (100) and 5 (101) in binary code (which you probably got too). Attempting a maths joke was probably doomed to failure before it even left my head!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Unity on 19:31 - Jan 2 with 1260 viewsSalwaDale

Unity on 19:25 - Jan 2 by DaleiLama

I got it Shun - I was just having a bit of fun with the binary version of 4 (100) and 5 (101) in binary code (which you probably got too). Attempting a maths joke was probably doomed to failure before it even left my head!

10 types of people on this board

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

TBBT

Unity on 19:31 - Jan 2 with 1257 viewsShun

Unity on 19:25 - Jan 2 by DaleiLama

Heh, fair enough, any maths/IT jokes go well over my head!
Unity on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 1180 viewsTVOS1907

Unity on 18:09 - Jan 2 by RAFCBLUE

Of course you haven't the time, energy or inclination.

The answers are obvious:

Yes

Yes

Keith Hill.

You used to be good at quizzes; but a bit like Hilly - everyone loses their shine eventually!

I won't start the TVOS out campaign just yet mind.

Nobody would take it seriously if you did, so I wouldn't waste your time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024