Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Peterborough away 14:12 - Jan 12 with 19903 views442Dale

Looks like it’s back to the back five. Surprised Ebanks-Landell isn’t ahead of any of the other three but probably signed a bit late to train for long enough with them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Peterborough away on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 3386 viewsregjenkins

Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:04 - Jan 12 by dalenumber2

Did anyone really expect us to win at Peterborough ? Listening to the commentary it seems like there were some positives to take from the second half and our new signings have helped. We put up a spirited and more confident performance by all accounts but just need someone who can score - maybe this will happen next week.
Does anyone know what's happened with Surridge btw. He would be just the ticket!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 20:48]

If Dale were having a good season we would just accept a 2 v 1 defeat at Peterborough as a routeen result. So i agree that its nothing out of the ordinary to get beaten there. Just maybe, fingers well crossed that we are going to stem the 4 & 5 goal drubbings for long enough to clear away the panic and start to compete for the next 5 games.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match thread: Peterborough away on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 3381 viewsbigness2017

Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:24 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

Well according to Granada news we won 2-1.

2nd half much better! We definitely needed Andrew. Maybe start with him next game. We need the team to start playing together so hopefully no more chopping & changing from Keith going forward.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 20:35 - Jan 12 with 3357 viewsantmarina

Having just got back, I thought we played quite well. So much better in the second half when Ethan came on and we went to 442. Once we were playing 442, we took the game to them. CB Ethan looks a quality player and looked good next to Big Jim, who played well today.

The biggest disappointment was Matty Done. We urgently need a new LB as they spotted the weakness and went for it. Hamilton looks good and very comfortable on the ball as you would expect and would work well with Rathbone.

Wasn't expecting us to win but with Maddison doing Neymar impressions and a shocking ref we did well to come away with 11 men.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:14 - Jan 12 with 3203 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:43 - Jan 12 by MancDale

Too early to worry about other teams I would've thought. As it is we'll need 6 wins and a few draws to stay up. Not easy but not completely impossible. Really need to find some home form from somewhere though. Can't see us getting much away at Barnsley and Luton.

Aye, although there are loads of games before we play Luton on 2nd March.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:22 - Jan 12 with 3154 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:27 - Jan 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Did anyone at the game think we were robbed of a clear Penalty?

Twitter suggested that Holden was floored? Dodgy Ref again??

No, he just fell over. Don't believe everything you read.

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:59 - Jan 12 with 3042 viewsmacro

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:22 - Jan 12 by TVOS1907

No, he just fell over. Don't believe everything you read.

Never a pen

At half time I feared a drubbing Dale were vulnerable at the back and nothing was working - Delaney was having an absolute shocker I think every pass he put forward to Henderson was overhit. No surprise he was taken off, could have made an argument for Dooley, Holden, Rafferty, Done along with Williams to be withdrawn they were all anonymous. Change of formation definitely improved things the keeper made some good stops and there were a few snatched chances. - Second half was a definite improvement. Add a couple more players Mr Hill who have some quality and I have some hope.

**Edit having just read the Facebook forum - Steve Taylor - talk about glass half full - never happy even after a victory - what a bloody misery all the time -
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 22:52]
Match thread: Peterborough away on 08:00 - Jan 13 with 2621 viewsAncoats_Blue

Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:04 - Jan 12 by dalenumber2

Did anyone really expect us to win at Peterborough ? Listening to the commentary it seems like there were some positives to take from the second half and our new signings have helped. We put up a spirited and more confident performance by all accounts but just need someone who can score - maybe this will happen next week.
Does anyone know what's happened with Surridge btw. He would be just the ticket!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 20:48]

I didn’t expect Dale to win yesterday but then again I don’t expect a win next week or the week after either. February has a run of more winnable looking games but going Into them on the back of 6 defeats won’t be fun.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 09:50 - Jan 13 with 2452 views1907

If Kgosi isn’t deemed good enough to play LB consistently then we desperately need a new one, Done is costing us goals every game without fail.

Hope we can get this lad in from Yeovil for a bit more defensive support & hook Williams & Delaney for a while for their own good.

Hopefully we can ship more of the deadwood out over the next couple of weeks & get a few more of the likes we have signed in to take us forward.

Gillam, Williams, Randal, Wilbraham can all go for me.

Some of the kids should be sent out on loan now we’re out of the Checkatrade, so they can experience some proper football instead of stagnating on & off the bench.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Peterborough away on 10:30 - Jan 13 with 2361 viewsscarrow

Sadly Done's legs have gone and agreed that Nthle isn't good enough. It's a shame that Sam Hart was deemed out of favour because he offered a great deal more going forward. A left back is definitely needed.

Poll: Final position

Match thread: Peterborough away on 10:39 - Jan 13 with 2337 viewsmikehunt

Agree about Done. Has really lost it. I wait for that spark of magic and burst of pace he used to bring. All gone sadly and costing us as a consequence.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:50 - Jan 29 with 1627 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:28 - Jan 12 by DaleiLama

Thanks - we have no choice but to go for it now with 25' left. We are currently sitting 18th having played a game more, but any of the teams sitting 19-22 could go above us with a win since all have better GD. Unlikely they would all go above us with the game in hand, but 22nd doesn't bear thinking about.

Edit: After Oxford scored, as it stands only Wimbledon can't leapfrog us with 3 points from their game in hand ………….. gulp
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 16:35]

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever that my worst fears from the Peterborough tie have almost come true. Gas, with a win from their game in hand, could leave us second bottom.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 1586 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:50 - Jan 29 by DaleiLama

It gives me no pleasure whatsoever that my worst fears from the Peterborough tie have almost come true. Gas, with a win from their game in hand, could leave us second bottom.

Unless they are more than three points behind us when their game in hand is played.

And it's away at Portsmouth...

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 1579 viewsBrookers81

Match thread: Peterborough away on 21:50 - Jan 29 by DaleiLama

form guide for leagues last ten games

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/form-guide/ten

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:12 - Jan 29 with 1523 viewsShun

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:00 - Jan 29 by Brookers81

One positive is that our next 3 opponents are all in the bottom 5 of that table.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:17 - Jan 29 with 1511 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thanks for that B81........we really don't need webpages just to tell us how crap we have been but it concentrates the mind we really need to get cracking!
Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:32 - Jan 29 with 1459 viewskiwidale

Its easy to see why the Hill support is so strong. I hope they ram my pessimism down my throat and quickly.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:33 - Jan 29 with 1459 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:12 - Jan 29 by Shun

One positive is that our next 3 opponents are all in the bottom 5 of that table.

Two of them are, shun. The Wimbledon game is off as they are still in the FA Cup.

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:47 - Jan 29 with 1418 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:00 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Unless they are more than three points behind us when their game in hand is played.

And it's away at Portsmouth...

We live in hope ...… and that away game won't be easy. I'm a big believer in sorting our own business out anyway.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 23:22 - Jan 29 with 1368 viewsBrookers81

Match thread: Peterborough away on 22:17 - Jan 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks for that B81........we really don't need webpages just to tell us how crap we have been but it concentrates the mind we really need to get cracking!

I use it for my coupon but also to see how the team we are playing next are doing ?

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024