Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Peterborough away 14:12 - Jan 12 with 19902 views442Dale

Looks like it’s back to the back five. Surprised Ebanks-Landell isn’t ahead of any of the other three but probably signed a bit late to train for long enough with them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 3823 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:47 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

And then they immediately go and score with a clinical finish, again emphasising the difference between a team who can finish and a team that cant. We have played well this half but cant put anything away ( is it about 350 minutes now in the league)

Will this performance have saved the Maestro's bacon for another week though?

Things are surely just a bit better looking ahead...?
Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:56 - Jan 12 with 3656 viewsDaleFan7

Never happy to lose but this hopefully somewhat stops the rot of the spankings we've had. Good to see we didn't capitulate when they went in front and created some chances even if we didn't take them, minus Hamilton's 30 yarder.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 3611 viewsKenBoon

It’s bad when you’re saying it was a better defeat and taking comfort from it, but it was. Fleetwood next week is the biggest game since Charlton.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:59 - Jan 12 with 3587 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:50 - Jan 12 by CarbonDale

Welcome to "mens football", Ethan! Superb strike.

Finished 1-2. Much better than the last 3 games and it looks as if Hilly has signed 3 players who can do more than warm the bench. Hamilton MOM for me with Holden also shining. Both very comfortable on the ball & can find a pass. Defence played well against some very good forwards who were always going to create some chances. Need to play like the second half for the rest of the season. Every chance Lillis will get another game too :-)

Need a striker on loan if possible. Andrew improved us in the second half but when Hendo is not scoring we need someone else who can
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:04 - Jan 12 with 3486 viewsCanadaDale

Still got a lot of work to do but that was a much better team performance that we’ve put in for months. Ebanks-Landell is a sure starter next game looked solid and an aerial threat.
Hamilton is a quality player on the ball and a decent goal on his debut too.
We desperately need a goal scorer up top to start turning all these chances we created today into goal.
Their keeper made some good saves.
Our defence still looks fragile at times especially in the first half.
All in all much happier with the team display even though we lost.
Posh have a lot of quality up front that we could only dream of having.
Up The Dale!
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 3465 viewssweetcorn

Not collapsing when they scored and hamilton getting a goal are 2 positives to take today.

Always felt like today and next week were write offs.

Hopefully we can get a couple more in this week and might actually start looking like we have options in the squad.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 3447 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Peterborough away on 16:58 - Jan 12 by KenBoon

It’s bad when you’re saying it was a better defeat and taking comfort from it, but it was. Fleetwood next week is the biggest game since Charlton.

Trouble is Ken,if we get nowt against Fleetwood every game becomes the biggest game ever.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 3435 viewsjonahwhereru

Thanks Nig for nominating Hamilton as your MOM. Wondered if he could step up to man’s football but your assessment suggested he has more than coped. Encouraging.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:07 - Jan 12 with 3427 viewsblackdogblue

Another miserable day....

Team lost
Bet lost
Notts County lost
Buckets won & 2nd in league

Can it get any worse....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:11 - Jan 12 with 3333 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:07 - Jan 12 by blackdogblue

Team lost
Bet lost
Notts County lost

Can it get any worse....

Never mind. Think about all the money you earned from appearing in the Grinch that Stole Christmas
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 3310 viewsCanadaDale

Team lost
Bet lost
Notts County lost

Can it get any worse....

Yes much worse!
We could have completely caved after conceding like we have all season, but today we showed some resilience and much needed fight.
The new players in on loan have improved the team.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 3225 viewsScunnydale

Team lost
Bet lost
Notts County lost

Can it get any worse....

Notts County losing is a real kick in the teeth...
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 3227 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:12 - Jan 12 by CanadaDale

Yes much worse!
We could have completely caved after conceding like we have all season, but today we showed some resilience and much needed fight.
The new players in on loan have improved the team.

Improved how exactly? We still lost regardless of the score being a bit respectful and we are sinking faster than the titanic down the league...

Struggling to see a positive except we scored a goal for once..

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 3212 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:16 - Jan 12 by Scunnydale

Notts County losing is a real kick in the teeth...

In front of 15000

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 3120 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:11 - Jan 12 by Nigeriamark

Never mind. Think about all the money you earned from appearing in the Grinch that Stole Christmas

Kim Jung Hill ruined Christmas, it started Boxing Day

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 3065 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did anyone at the game think we were robbed of a clear Penalty?

Twitter suggested that Holden was floored? Dodgy Ref again??
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 3015 viewsNorthernDale

I hope this is the turning point, because I feared that we would be get stuffed by Peterborough, who are a good side and I expected a defeat today, because it is a difficult place to get anything from at anytime. It sounds perverse, but I regard a 2-1 defeat as a good result when you take everything into consideration and gives us something to build on for next Saturday, when we will hopefully get a win.

All e need now is a striker to get the goals or a fit Clough.

I was surprised that he took MJ William and Delaney off, perhaps he now realises that they are a weakness and will look to address it by not selecting them together again.
Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:31 - Jan 12 with 2997 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:16 - Jan 12 by blackdogblue

Improved how exactly? We still lost regardless of the score being a bit respectful and we are sinking faster than the titanic down the league...

Struggling to see a positive except we scored a goal for once..

Well we are 3 points clear of the drop with the worst goal difference , and having played an extra game. It’s all good

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 2940 viewsTomRAFC

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:30 - Jan 12 by NorthernDale

I hope this is the turning point, because I feared that we would be get stuffed by Peterborough, who are a good side and I expected a defeat today, because it is a difficult place to get anything from at anytime. It sounds perverse, but I regard a 2-1 defeat as a good result when you take everything into consideration and gives us something to build on for next Saturday, when we will hopefully get a win.

All e need now is a striker to get the goals or a fit Clough.

I was surprised that he took MJ William and Delaney off, perhaps he now realises that they are a weakness and will look to address it by not selecting them together again.

The minimum needed is at least another left back, as well as a striker (Clough or A.N. Other)

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:41 - Jan 12 with 2877 viewsTomRAFC

I've got that familiar urge to scour other teams games in hand and goal difference. This time they don't stack up in our favour the same as they did last season.

It seems they are giving Hill the transfer window. The latest 2 signings suggest he is trying to bring in the sort of players we've been saying we need, but I've not got an inkling that it will lead to a stable starting 11 and set of tactics.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:52 - Jan 12 with 2770 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:31 - Jan 12 by rochdaleriddler

Well we are 3 points clear of the drop with the worst goal difference , and having played an extra game. It’s all good

And 18 games to play. Not like we've only got a handful of games left.

There's 54 points to play for. Let's go for it and quit this talk of the bottom four.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 2756 viewsblackdogblue

Match thread: Peterborough away on 17:41 - Jan 12 by TomRAFC

I've got that familiar urge to scour other teams games in hand and goal difference. This time they don't stack up in our favour the same as they did last season.

It seems they are giving Hill the transfer window. The latest 2 signings suggest he is trying to bring in the sort of players we've been saying we need, but I've not got an inkling that it will lead to a stable starting 11 and set of tactics.

Just googled tactics in thesaurus & it didn’t return tombola? 😀

Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:04 - Jan 12 with 2683 viewsdalenumber2

Did anyone really expect us to win at Peterborough ? Listening to the commentary it seems like there were some positives to take from the second half and our new signings have helped. We put up a spirited and more confident performance by all accounts but just need someone who can score - maybe this will happen next week.
Does anyone know what's happened with Surridge btw. He would be just the ticket!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 20:48]
Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:24 - Jan 12 with 2539 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Well according to Granada news we won 2-1.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match thread: Peterborough away on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 2075 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Peterborough away on 18:24 - Jan 12 by foreverhopefulDale

Well according to Granada news we won 2-1.

Sky's near-3 minutes give a better impression of Dale than the highlights of their last three league matches:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11605862/peterborough-2-1-

I wonder if Ethan's loan agreement would allow him to play as a striker ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024