Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just heard a rumour 09:39 - Mar 4 with 32748 viewsdeeplishblue

That Hilly's been sacked......

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Just heard a rumour on 11:03 - Mar 4 with 2501 viewsDaleFan7

Just heard a rumour on 10:57 - Mar 4 by nicknick

Gary Bowyer next for us....

Going to Bradford according to the same source who broke the news of Hill's sacking this morning.
Just heard a rumour on 11:04 - Mar 4 with 2494 viewsNinco

I think to some extent the David's Diary thing stirred things up. If he hadn't made the comment that he wont be sacking Hill, we would have just carried on regardless not knowing what would happen and Hill would probably still be there, but making that comment prompted a lot of fans to let the club know that they weren't happy and I think it finally hit home that it was a case of get rid of Hill or lose half of your fans and they had to do something.

Although we had some good times under Hill, I think in the end, it was the right decision and although it will take a lot for anyone to turn things round, I am feeling more optimistic about Saturday now and looking forward to it. Hopefully the missing fans will start to come back. We need to be the 12th man for the rest of the season though and get behind them in a massive way.
Just heard a rumour on 11:04 - Mar 4 with 2492 viewsMeanwood

Bowyer will be confirmed at Bradford by lunchtime is my guess.
Just heard a rumour on 11:04 - Mar 4 with 2488 viewsdingdangblue

Just heard a rumour on 10:36 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Agree , there is a sense of relief though

Only hand relief for the Hill outers.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just heard a rumour on 11:05 - Mar 4 with 2485 viewselectricblue

Just heard a rumour on 10:49 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Hopefully Bottomley is the next to go..

Only way to get shut of Bottomly is a take over coup......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Just heard a rumour on 11:05 - Mar 4 with 2485 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Just heard a rumour on 10:16 - Mar 4 by IOMDale

I'm not so sure Bradford & Hill would be a good fit.

They have a very competitive budget and with that comes pressure. Hilly has no experience of managing a big budget (in relation to other clubs in the Championship, Barnsley were what we are to League One) and Bradford fans aren't exactly patience personified. They certainly won't settle for being ostracised like 'Dale fans have been at times.

Considering they have had 7 managers since the start of last season, I`m pretty sure they wouldn`t have much patience with Hill if he didn`t get it right from the off.

He isn`t a fit for a big club and lets face it, they are as big as any club in this division bar Sunderland. I think he`s more likely to go down a division, that is where most of his success has come.

I`m sorry it has come to this but for the sake of the club it has to be the right decision.
Just heard a rumour on 11:06 - Mar 4 with 2461 views1907

Just heard a rumour on 11:00 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Thank god, all my worries have gone away following your post confirming it is the right decision.

Sorry for expressing my personal opinion on a fans message board
Just heard a rumour on 11:08 - Mar 4 with 2437 viewsDale2017

I cant help but feel this is going to be a case of be careful what you wish for.
Unless we pull an absolute rabbit out of the hat with the next appointment I don't think things will get any better any time soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Just heard a rumour on 11:08 - Mar 4 with 2430 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 11:02 - Mar 4 by rochdaleriddler

Need to support the club now, Hill has gone

You’re in no position to be telling anyone how to support the club following on from your suggested boycott.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 11:09 - Mar 4 with 2421 viewsBrierls

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by SaxonDale

'Rochdale Football Club prides itself on the way it is run and we do not make kneejerk reactions or decisions. We are aware that results this season, especially at home, have been difficult to accept, but we, the Board of Directors, all believe in Keith, his backroom staff and players, and they have our full confidence and continued backing.'

How a 2-0 defeat at the league leaders changes that is beyond belief.

That statement was one of two things...

a) Bullshit
b) Not representative of the opinion of the chairman

I know a lot of people on here have a very poor opinion of David Bottomley, but I struggle to see how he would make such a statement knowing Keith Hill was on his way out. Some have accused him of it being the David Bottomley show, and all about him, so it doesn't make sense for him to make an arse of himself a week before they pulled the trigger.
Just heard a rumour on 11:10 - Mar 4 with 2397 viewsfitzochris

Just heard a rumour on 10:01 - Mar 4 by kiwidale

How did O'Rourke know so quickly was he at the ground? maybe Fitz can comment.

O'Rourke gets his news from agents. I'll say no more.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just heard a rumour on 11:10 - Mar 4 with 2391 viewssweetcorn

Just heard a rumour on 11:06 - Mar 4 by 1907

Sorry for expressing my personal opinion on a fans message board

You posted it as a matter of fact.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just heard a rumour on 11:11 - Mar 4 with 2383 viewsMolly

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by paulscho

We could be a long time back in L2
Well Done the Board you bunch of back stabbing b.stards

Keith Hill has been an excellent manager for RAFC. He has given supporters some of the best times ever in our history . He has transformed the club into an outfit to be taken seriously. Yes he has become a club legend. BUT nothing lasts forever. Our results and his personal faults over the last 2 years have been unacceptable.
At any other football club he would have been "shown the door" a long time ago. I admire what he has done for the club and I am sorry to see him depart in this manner, but unfortunately it is the right decision.
Your description of the board in my opinion is totally unjustified. How can they be backstabbers when you look at the facts?
Just heard a rumour on 11:12 - Mar 4 with 2371 viewsJimmyRustler

Just heard a rumour on 11:09 - Mar 4 by Brierls

That statement was one of two things...

a) Bullshit
b) Not representative of the opinion of the chairman

I know a lot of people on here have a very poor opinion of David Bottomley, but I struggle to see how he would make such a statement knowing Keith Hill was on his way out. Some have accused him of it being the David Bottomley show, and all about him, so it doesn't make sense for him to make an arse of himself a week before they pulled the trigger.

In fairness, the dreaded vote of confidence is so called for a reason. It's just bizarre timing for me
Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2313 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 11:08 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

You’re in no position to be telling anyone how to support the club following on from your suggested boycott.

Well that was to get rid of a now ex employee, and it was a question. Are you waiting to see where Hill ends up so you can take your support there?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2312 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Just heard a rumour on 10:39 - Mar 4 by SaxonDale

'Rochdale Football Club prides itself on the way it is run and we do not make kneejerk reactions or decisions. We are aware that results this season, especially at home, have been difficult to accept, but we, the Board of Directors, all believe in Keith, his backroom staff and players, and they have our full confidence and continued backing.'

How a 2-0 defeat at the league leaders changes that is beyond belief.

Why not wait for the full story instead of going off half cocked. If the board had to wait until after the Luton game to get confirmation of a replacement or negotiations with Hill regarding his contractual pay off went on longer than expected, then they are two possible scenarios.
Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2309 views1907

Just heard a rumour on 11:10 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

You posted it as a matter of fact.

No. It was all opinion & personal observations. Oldham didn't appoint Scholes until they had what they deemed an easy run of Games. United sacked Mourinho after the Liverpool game, followed by what was deemed an easy run of games.

But if you would just prefer to respond to my posts & be a cock then crack on.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 11:17]
Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2302 viewsMeanwood

Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2301 viewsDaley_Lama

Would have taken relegation and let Hilly have another crack at League 2 myself.

Farewell Keith.

Poll: DF in or out

Just heard a rumour on 11:19 - Mar 4 with 2266 viewsNinco

So if the rumours are correct and Bradford sign Hill, I wonder if he will do what he did at Barnsley and start poaching our players as soon as the next transfer window opens?
Just heard a rumour on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 2200 views49thseason

I watched the post match interview last night and thought at the time that something had changed, he looked a little sad and there were words coming out that I hadnt heard before about being angry and annoyed by player mistakes. I wonder if he was told it was win or bust at Luton?
Whoever made the decision to sack him either has a very big pair or has been working on a plan for a while. Or maybe Keith just didnt get on with Bottom and the rest of the new board.
Just heard a rumour on 11:25 - Mar 4 with 2196 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just heard a rumour on 11:19 - Mar 4 by Ninco

So if the rumours are correct and Bradford sign Hill, I wonder if he will do what he did at Barnsley and start poaching our players as soon as the next transfer window opens?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Just heard a rumour on 11:26 - Mar 4 with 2192 viewsTheBeast666

Right decision without a doubt, strange timing though, should have been done a long time ago but then again things have got much worse since the new year results wise.

No-one with half a brain can complain , 9 losses out of 11 would see any manager out of a job, but added to innane hocus-pocus ramblings in interviews, full of rambling nonsense and totally lacking substance, freezing out those who have a different opinion and a bullying management style, its no surprise. Too many on here are living in the past, yes, we have a lot to be grateful for, but the last 18 months have been turgid by and large, refusal to play best players in correct positions and hostile reaction to fans when challenged shows how much he has lost the plot , perhaps he believed his own hype and his immortality. He is a shadow of what he once was as a manger and is not bigger than the club.

Glad he has gone, not a nice person, obnoxious at times and liked to humiliate others, eventually this has led to where we are now, players and fans lacking confidence and hope.

I wish him well where he ends up next but my personal opinion is good riddance to a toxic and increasingly unhinged manager, perhaps he needs a good rest tbh , best result for all concerned, thanks for the good times but things turned sour a good while ago, onwards ...
Just heard a rumour on 11:26 - Mar 4 with 2187 viewsscarrow

Seeing some posts about how much money will be paid out in compensation - any business worth their salt will have a termination clause in the contract. It shouldn’t be 3 years wages

Poll: Final position

Just heard a rumour on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 2171 viewsDale2017

Just heard a rumour on 11:17 - Mar 4 by 1907

No. It was all opinion & personal observations. Oldham didn't appoint Scholes until they had what they deemed an easy run of Games. United sacked Mourinho after the Liverpool game, followed by what was deemed an easy run of games.

But if you would just prefer to respond to my posts & be a cock then crack on.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 11:17]

Oldham had to wait until the FA/Football league had looked into whether his share holding in Salford would cause issues later down the line not due to waiting for a convenient spot in the fixtures opening up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024