Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather for the first home League game of the season 20:31 - Aug 8 with 9549 views56years

Not wishing to be a prophet of doom but has anybody noticed the weather forecast for Saturday? I have seen better, particularly bearing in mind our pitch .............
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 3762 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 3760 viewsEllDale

This thread seems to have sparked someone into action. Pitch looks in great nick on a new photo just published on the official site.
Praying for decent weather because I'm looking forward to the Feelgood festival after the game.
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:07 - Aug 9 with 3748 viewsSandyman

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 11:02 - Aug 9 by DaleiLama

Reform now open to away fans? I know they let Sunderland fans in (to the detriment of Dale fans getting pre-match scoops) but normally they have a sign up saying home fans only. Is this a change of policy does anyone know?

I've been in Spotland Reform and asked. Away fans are NOT allowed in on match days on instructions from the local licensing people. That away fans guide needs changing.
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:47 - Aug 9 with 3638 viewsDaleiLama

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:07 - Aug 9 by Sandyman

I've been in Spotland Reform and asked. Away fans are NOT allowed in on match days on instructions from the local licensing people. That away fans guide needs changing.

Thanks Sandy - thought that was still the case.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:52 - Aug 9 with 3616 viewsrochedale

I’ll be amazed if I’m walking out of the COA at 5pm tomorrow having watched 90+ minutes of football. Forever hopeful though.

Edit: just seen club statement, there’s still hope then!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2019 18:55]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:03 - Aug 9 with 3413 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I`d have been happier if the club photo of the pitch didn`t show any grass at all and had rain covers on. Leaving it uncovered in its current condition is just asking for trouble. Why leave it to chance?
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:11 - Aug 9 with 3394 views442Dale

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 20:03 - Aug 9 by RooleyMoorBlue

I`d have been happier if the club photo of the pitch didn`t show any grass at all and had rain covers on. Leaving it uncovered in its current condition is just asking for trouble. Why leave it to chance?

Unless something has changed, we don’t have rain covers. Fans and the Trust helped with the purchase of frost covers.

There’s that word “unprecedented” again. Do wish people would think what it actually means.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 02:40 - Aug 10 with 3133 viewsShun

Coming down pretty heavily through the night.
Login to get fewer ads

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 07:18 - Aug 10 with 3032 viewsblackdogblue

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:07 - Aug 9 by Sandyman

Not certain home fans 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:45 - Aug 10 with 2899 viewsaleanddale

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 16:44 - Aug 9 by D_Alien

Not sure which forecast you're looking at, but there are weather warnings issued for tomorrow due to the amount of rain expected locally

I hope they're wrong, but think it's unlikely

Just to add, if the game against Bradford hadn't been abandoned, i wouldn't have considered posting about this

Well I thought the BBC!

But it seems to have changed this morning!!

I think it’s due to the 8-10 pints of bread and butter ale at the Flying Horse yesterday!
Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:45 - Aug 10 with 2898 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 02:40 - Aug 10 by Shun

Coming down pretty heavily through the night.

Dry at minute, thundery downpours expected before kick off

Dunno if it'll be biblical, but if the game isn't completed expect the club to do a Pontius Pilate

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:52 - Aug 10 with 2881 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:45 - Aug 10 by aleanddale

Well I thought the BBC!

But it seems to have changed this morning!!

I think it’s due to the 8-10 pints of bread and butter ale at the Flying Horse yesterday!

It's pretty moreish! They had it on at the Rake recently

Any mention of "pitch inspection" and i'd head back down to the FH!

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 2806 viewsTVOS1907

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:52 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

Hope you had your passport to get past the top of Smithy Bridge Road!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 2716 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 09:11 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Hope you had your passport to get past the top of Smithy Bridge Road!

I'm a dual passport holder, having lived on Abbey Drive during the 80's

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 10:05 - Aug 10 with 2624 viewsrochdaleriddler

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 08:52 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

It’s always on at the hare on the hill

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 12:27 - Aug 10 with 2368 views442Dale

Bouncing down now.

It was good that the club to updated fans that there were no issues with the pitch at that time, it creates a positive precedent around communicating what the situation is.

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 2131 viewsDale92

Clubs twitter feed has a pictures of the pitch on their from today it looks fine

This is the One, I've waited for

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 1993 viewsrochedale

Need this rain to stop!!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:34 - Aug 10 with 1604 viewsD_Alien

The pitch stood up well in the end, despite some pretty heavy downpours both before and during the game but which didn't last too long, thankfully

It's in for some more stick tomorrow ahead of Tuesday, but a lot more confident it'll be ok after today

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 1562 views442Dale

The pitch played really well. Would be good to know what further work has been done to it as it seemed to withstand the rain today far better than a few weeks back.

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 18:02 - Aug 10 with 1532 viewsTVOS1907

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 17:53 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

The pitch played really well. Would be good to know what further work has been done to it as it seemed to withstand the rain today far better than a few weeks back.

To be fair, the rain has been nothing like what it was on the Bradford weekend.

It was absolutely torrential then, leading to flooding in parts of town and a leak in my back bedroom.

Today's has been more of the blowing/swirling variety, which I think has helped.

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 18:14 - Aug 10 with 1498 viewsD_Alien

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 18:02 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

To be fair, the rain has been nothing like what it was on the Bradford weekend.

It was absolutely torrential then, leading to flooding in parts of town and a leak in my back bedroom.

Today's has been more of the blowing/swirling variety, which I think has helped.

"...more of the blowing/swirling variety..."

What, the weather or in your back bedroom?

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 19:01 - Aug 10 with 1408 viewsTVOS1907

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 18:14 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

"...more of the blowing/swirling variety..."

What, the weather or in your back bedroom?

That would be telling!

Weather for the first home League game of the season on 19:10 - Aug 10 with 1376 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yes well done to the Pitch Forkers.......you done well.

There was quite a lot of standing water on the Sandy/Main Stand corner at the end of the game but at least we got the game on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024