Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland game 19:56 - Aug 17 with 16277 viewsupthedale2403

Can anybody tell me if we can use our bring your friend for £5 Voucher from our season tickets for this game?
Sunderland game on 20:35 - Aug 20 with 3387 viewsDale23years

Sunderland game on 20:26 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

We’re playing extremely well. Very pleasing.

Some of the football we've played this season have been superb, long may it continue

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Sunderland game on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 3368 viewsNigeriamark

Very good first half and not overawed at all. Young Luke playing well and has a real turn of pace on him. Tough second half coming up but we should go into it with a load of confidence. Hope we don’t settle for a point
Sunderland game on 20:43 - Aug 20 with 3278 viewsrichfoad32

Sunderland game on 20:36 - Aug 20 by Nigeriamark

Very good first half and not overawed at all. Young Luke playing well and has a real turn of pace on him. Tough second half coming up but we should go into it with a load of confidence. Hope we don’t settle for a point

No reason to be overawed, Sunderland are owt special. Wyke is a danger in the air and McGeady is a tricky customer but we've contained them well. I just hope we can keep the energy levels up as we've put a lot into it, Rathbone is having a blinder. Only negative has been a few wasted set pieces from dangerous positions but that's a minor quibble
Sunderland game on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 3196 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Jack Ross knows that last season Sunderland did not get promoted because they had far too many draws......think they will up the ante 2nd half.

We can hold them off,I hope.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 20 with 3176 viewsrochedale

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Sunderland game on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 3126 viewsnordenblue

Sunderland game on 20:50 - Aug 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Jack Ross knows that last season Sunderland did not get promoted because they had far too many draws......think they will up the ante 2nd half.

We can hold them off,I hope.

We should be thinking,can they hold us off too. We've got enough about us to cause them big problems
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Aug 20 with 3039 viewsnordenblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:54 - Aug 20 by rochedale

Losing 2.1
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 2883 viewsfitzochris

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:10 - Aug 20 by nordenblue

Losing 2.1

It’s all us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:39 - Aug 20 with 2857 viewsfitzochris

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:36 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

It’s all us.

Not to be, sadly.

First game I’ve seen this season and, if Sunderland are among the best the division has to offer, I think we’ll be okay if we avoid injuries and suspensions. I was impressed.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:46 - Aug 20 with 2756 viewsAncoats_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:39 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

Not to be, sadly.

First game I’ve seen this season and, if Sunderland are among the best the division has to offer, I think we’ll be okay if we avoid injuries and suspensions. I was impressed.

If we play the coulda/shoulda/woulda game we really should have 9pts so far based on performances. We wouldn’t have looked out of place getting a draw tonight. Really, really impressed by our start. So much better than last season. I don’t see us challenging the play offs but do think we’ll be far more comfortable than the last few seasons. Up the Dale.
Sunderland game on 21:57 - Aug 20 with 2636 viewsJames1980

Bought an IFollow match pass and watched the game on my phone in my local. Asked to cast it to one of the TV's but was not allowed. Certainly deserved a point at least.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Sunderland game on 21:59 - Aug 20 with 2610 viewsColDale

Great performance. What a display by young Matheson. We are 95% where we need to be. Best performance in two years for me.
Sunderland game on 22:01 - Aug 20 with 2590 viewsShun

Great game!

Nobody should be downhearted after that. We’ve just outplayed one of, if not the, best sides in the division, we have a 16-year-old right-back who’s just had arguably the best winger in the league in his pocket for most of the game, the coolest, calmest keeper I’ve ever seen, a manager who’s got a great philosophy and is playing players to their strengths, Camps is on fire, and we’re playing some absolutely gorgeous football. I’m loving watching us at the moment, win, lose, or draw. BBM’s made watching Dale fun again!
Sunderland game on 22:06 - Aug 20 with 2515 viewsKenBoon

That was a good watch but painful at the end. It was still impressive against an organised but underwhelming promotion favourite. If we can keep Camps (who has gone from a broken toy to brilliant attacking midfielder/striker and therefore trebled his transfer fee) and Henderson then I might actually enjoy the season. For sure we're far better than my negative head thought we'd be... so far.
Sunderland game on 22:14 - Aug 20 with 2419 viewsjonahwhereru

Sunderland game on 22:01 - Aug 20 by Shun

Great game!

Nobody should be downhearted after that. We’ve just outplayed one of, if not the, best sides in the division, we have a 16-year-old right-back who’s just had arguably the best winger in the league in his pocket for most of the game, the coolest, calmest keeper I’ve ever seen, a manager who’s got a great philosophy and is playing players to their strengths, Camps is on fire, and we’re playing some absolutely gorgeous football. I’m loving watching us at the moment, win, lose, or draw. BBM’s made watching Dale fun again!

What a difference a season makes. For 2 years home fans have been starved of entertainment. Watching Dale at home had become a matter of endurance. It is great to see the enthusiasm is back and win loose or draw fans are feeling they are getting value for money when stumping up their hard earned to watch the Dale.
Will not see the side before the Southend game but would be interested to hear what the views are on Ryan. Hope he could turn into the midfield general / leader we had miss so badly last season.
Sunderland game on 22:15 - Aug 20 with 2402 viewsShun

Sunderland game on 21:59 - Aug 20 by ColDale

Great performance. What a display by young Matheson. We are 95% where we need to be. Best performance in two years for me.

He was sensational and should be damn proud of himself after that display. He was bowing the fans at the end.

Speaking of the end, plenty of Sunderland fans were very complimentary about us on the way out, with one group saying we’re the best side they’ve played this season.
Sunderland game on 22:20 - Aug 20 with 2336 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game on 22:01 - Aug 20 by Shun

Great game!

Thoroughly agree with all of that

Perhaps we deserved a point but no real complaints, we've got a proper football team to watch and we won't be up against teams with Sunderland's quality (i.e. upper L1) every week, so can't see us struggling at all

Wouldn't be surprised if Matheson doesn't start on Saturday, despite looking like the already accomplished right back he is, and he'll get even better with his attitude; let him absorb his exam results and enjoy being a 16yo lad without too much pressure too soon

Everyone played their part again. I'm loving Camps' forward role, Ryan looked a good signing when he came on and Dooley is starting to repay the faith BBM has shown him

We still need something extra up front though. In the end, that was the reason Sunderland went away with the points. Pyke, Wilbraham need to get fit. I'm excited!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sunderland game on 22:23 - Aug 20 with 2293 viewsdawlishdale

That's the best I've felt in defeat in several seasons. we more than matched Sunderland for long spells and wouldn't have been flattered with a win; never mind a draw, which was the very least we deserved.

Fantastic performances from Rathbone, MJ Williams, young Luke and several more. Norrington Davies is a real find at Left Back, whilst O'Connell is calm and assured. Camps is starting to look much better in his more advanced role, but there's room for improvement in him yet. Took his goal really well.

The Sunderland fans I spoke with after the game were full of praise for the way we played, and also thought they were lucky.

It's beginning to feel like we've got our team back after two years of dross under Hill. Can't remember such a rousing reception for the players at the final whistle, despite the loss.
Sunderland game on 22:27 - Aug 20 with 2237 viewstodmordendale

Smiles on faces again. Wonderful football, running into spaces, being available, interchange of passing movement, skill, quality.
We have a good team and they look happy playing with each other.
Joyous in defeat.
Sunderland game on 22:32 - Aug 20 with 2171 viewsDaleiLama

Thoroughly absorbing, hard-fought (in the right way although Sunderland were a bit niggly) contest. The new recruits (Sanchez, RND, EOC) all contributed massively but the big bonus for me is the players suffering from dips in form or not yet fulfilling their potential in previous years (Dooley, MJ, Camps, possibly Morley and occasionally Ollie) all looking like new players and running their hearts out tonight. Add in Luke and we look like we have both a team and balance. Just need that cutting edge which may come from Pyke if his confidence continues to improve. Tough call for motm tonight as so many good performances. Great game and can't wait for Blackpool. Need to convert all that endeavour into points now.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 22:34]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sunderland game on 22:45 - Aug 20 with 2034 viewsrochedale

Great performance tonight. Rathbone, Dooley, Matheson and Camps stand out performers for me, but it was an excellent team effort. Don’t ever remember being as impressed after losing a game. If we continue to play like that we’ll be challenging for the play offs. Really unlucky to get 0 points from that game.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Sunderland game on 22:48 - Aug 20 with 2011 viewsrkershaw

Sunderland game on 22:32 - Aug 20 by DaleiLama

Thoroughly absorbing, hard-fought (in the right way although Sunderland were a bit niggly) contest. The new recruits (Sanchez, RND, EOC) all contributed massively but the big bonus for me is the players suffering from dips in form or not yet fulfilling their potential in previous years (Dooley, MJ, Camps, possibly Morley and occasionally Ollie) all looking like new players and running their hearts out tonight. Add in Luke and we look like we have both a team and balance. Just need that cutting edge which may come from Pyke if his confidence continues to improve. Tough call for motm tonight as so many good performances. Great game and can't wait for Blackpool. Need to convert all that endeavour into points now.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 22:34]

Always remember Hilly stating that Morleys' passing had been monitored as Premiership standard (with a couple of huge "WOWs" thrown in for good measure). His addition in the playmaking / quarterback role has made such a massive difference..... allowing Camps to operate in a more advanced position ...... well done Aaron!! 👍🏻
Sunderland game on 22:52 - Aug 20 with 1962 viewshxdale

Sunderland game on 22:15 - Aug 20 by Shun

He was sensational and should be damn proud of himself after that display. He was bowing the fans at the end.

Speaking of the end, plenty of Sunderland fans were very complimentary about us on the way out, with one group saying we’re the best side they’ve played this season.

One of them said to me, we played them off the park.. very complimentary of us..
Sunderland game on 22:56 - Aug 20 with 1921 viewsDaley_Lama

Only bad thing about tonight was the actual result.

Only concern is that the football on view will be hard to do as winter comes.

Slick passing requires a smooth pitch - we all know how it goes.
Those wonderful cross field passes to the RND/OR tag team much harder on a wintery windy night.

That isn’t to say that BBM should alter his brand, i just hope people are forgiving when it dips a bit due to factors players cannot control.

Poll: DF in or out

Sunderland game on 23:03 - Aug 20 with 1852 viewsFaxdale

The goal keeper has to be the coolest we have had. It’s like he is playing in a training game. What I noticed is that every pass he seems to play from the back is played in front of the player so they run onto it and it puts the emphasis on the first movement from the defender to go forward
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024