Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for tomorrow night? 00:02 - Aug 26 with 11807 viewsD_Dale

"Wonder what we'll have in reserve for Tuesday? Players like Hendo, Camps (who ran his bollocks off) and Mathieson deserve a break."

This, part of a longer post soon after the end of Saturday's match, seems not not to have been picked up on. Maybe there's a case for making these three subs for the Carlisle game, but I'd prefer BB-M to field what he judges to be his strongest team.

In the first round, Carlisle won 3-0 at Barnsley, so their players might be confident of getting a result against Dale. Although there seems not to be much money in it (£7,000 for round 2 winners?), there's a chance of TV money should there be 'big club' opponents. And psychologically, it's better for the players to develop a winning mentality.
Team for tomorrow night? on 22:36 - Aug 27 with 2554 viewsD_Alien

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:08 - Aug 27 by rochdaleriddler

Thought we created our own problems tonight. We invited them onto us. Poor display from Calvin. Bit disappointing that a thousand season ticket holders chose not to come, even though tickets were dirt cheap

Burton had a gate of 1500 (that may have been an estimate?) albeit at home to Morecambe

I honestly don't think 1974 is that bad. I wasn't there btw, but for other reasons than cba

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team for tomorrow night? on 23:14 - Aug 27 with 2344 viewstodmordendale

The fluency of our opening games seems to be waning. Can’t pin point why.
Fair play to the Carlisle players who were always looking forward. They did not create much but they are in the lower reaches of the bottom division but their energy was a credit.
Team for tomorrow night? on 23:16 - Aug 27 with 2332 viewsDickydaler

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:56 - Aug 27 by isitme

We made hard work of that second half, although the changes didn't help. Ryan going off left a gap in front out the back four.

In my opinion the penalty was harsh but the ref had a bad view and the lino didn't have a much better one. He did even it up as it was handball a short while later as his arm was raised and not in a natural position.

Morley and Ryan played well as did both centre backs. Calvin didn't get much better second half opitomised by right at the death when rather than running the ball into their half he held it up on the half way line and lost it!

Hopefully we get a good draw.

Looks like I'm going to be the only who is going to stick up for Calvin tonight! I thought he did pretty well, not brilliant, in the first half, and then faded in the second. He once again defended a couple of their attacks well. I'm not sure our new passing game is going to suit him too much but he has certainly got a part to play in the team.
Why did we sit so deep late in the second half and not keep one player up to possibly chase our clearances? Their keeper wasn't put under any pressure and just kept booting it back into the mix or out wide.
Team for tomorrow night? on 00:07 - Aug 28 with 2172 viewsD_Dale

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:15 - Aug 27 by isitme

Or even 12/10. It qas worth that for Morley's goal alone.

A classy goal.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11795796/rochdale-2-1-carl
Team for tomorrow night? on 00:25 - Aug 28 with 2117 viewsmikehunt

We played some lovely football during the first half. The passing at the back was coming off and it was only a few blunders by Bobby that put us under any pressure. I thought we were going to stroll it second half. But their player's run up field from one of our attacks. whereby he somehow managed to wriggle out of a convergence of three of our players to get himself a shooting opportunity and subsequent penalty, somehow spooked us. The possession football went and we couldn't seem to keep hold of the ball. Sitting deeper and deeper frantically repelling their barrage of attacks.
Bobby made an immense point-blank save to keep us ahead. Despite his blunders he is a marvelous keeper.
So we managed a few breakaways but couldnt keep possession in their half. Rode our luck to the final whistle.
The proverbial game of two halves, The first half is what we aspire to. Slick, assured passing and a couple of goals to show for it. Sustain that and we should have a decent season ahead,
Oh and Matherson is some find. His star is certainly rising.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Team for tomorrow night? on 06:57 - Aug 28 with 1931 viewsSandyman

Wonder who we'll get in the 3rd round draw? Something to look forward to

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/carabao-cup-round-three-draw-to-take-place-
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 7:24]
Team for tomorrow night? on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 1748 viewsrkershaw

Team for tomorrow night? on 06:57 - Aug 28 by Sandyman

Wonder who we'll get in the 3rd round draw? Something to look forward to

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/carabao-cup-round-three-draw-to-take-place-
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 7:24]

Sarfend got whooped at home 1-4 v The Dongs...... not playing with confidence one would presume!!
Team for tomorrow night? on 09:02 - Aug 28 with 1727 viewsmacro

Team for tomorrow night? on 23:14 - Aug 27 by todmordendale

The fluency of our opening games seems to be waning. Can’t pin point why.
Fair play to the Carlisle players who were always looking forward. They did not create much but they are in the lower reaches of the bottom division but their energy was a credit.

It won’t be a surprise anymore - clubs will have scouted us and will be trying to nullify our attacking intent
Login to get fewer ads

Team for tomorrow night? on 09:05 - Aug 28 with 1719 viewsjonahwhereru

From the comments here it sounds like Calvin wasn’t worth the shirt last night. I also sometimes read his knock ons never go into dangerous areas. So was surprised to see his precise header for the assist on the Done goal hardly get a mention here.
Fabulous goal by Morley. Confidence nicely boosted.
If the Dale had not been given the penalty Carlisle got I would have been seething.
I have no issue with winning this one ugly. Save the flowing free football for the league.
UTD
Team for tomorrow night? on 09:12 - Aug 28 with 1696 viewsleedsdale

Team for tomorrow night? on 09:05 - Aug 28 by jonahwhereru

From the comments here it sounds like Calvin wasn’t worth the shirt last night. I also sometimes read his knock ons never go into dangerous areas. So was surprised to see his precise header for the assist on the Done goal hardly get a mention here.
Fabulous goal by Morley. Confidence nicely boosted.
If the Dale had not been given the penalty Carlisle got I would have been seething.
I have no issue with winning this one ugly. Save the flowing free football for the league.
UTD

His precise header for the Done goal hasn't had a mention because it was the centre half who headed it into Done's path :-)

Calvin played as expected for someone who always gives his all, but who hasn't really played much this season and doesn't have the level of quality needed to play the style of football we are looking to play. Its not his fault, but we do need an alternative option and hopefully Wilbraham can do that role as he did last season.
Team for tomorrow night? on 09:15 - Aug 28 with 1686 viewsD_Dale

Team for tomorrow night? on 00:07 - Aug 28 by D_Dale

A classy goal.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11795796/rochdale-2-1-carl

It's fair to mention that Done's goal was neatly taken - that little nod of the ball to take it past the defender and set up the shot was Hendoesque!
Team for tomorrow night? on 09:17 - Aug 28 with 1681 viewsSuddenLad

Team for tomorrow night? on 08:56 - Aug 28 by rkershaw

Sarfend got whooped at home 1-4 v The Dongs...... not playing with confidence one would presume!!

They'll be managerless before we roll up on Saturday. Or immediately afterwards.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Team for tomorrow night? on 09:23 - Aug 28 with 1662 viewsaleanddale

Morley MOM by a street. That lad has some talent!!

Dale hung on at the end but a win is a win and we are now safely into the round 3 draw tonight.

Pleasure to watch this Dale side very easy on the eye and an unbelievable work rate. BBM has got them right up for it - roll on Saturday!!
Team for tomorrow night? on 09:41 - Aug 28 with 1609 viewsjonahwhereru

Team for tomorrow night? on 09:12 - Aug 28 by leedsdale

His precise header for the Done goal hasn't had a mention because it was the centre half who headed it into Done's path :-)

Calvin played as expected for someone who always gives his all, but who hasn't really played much this season and doesn't have the level of quality needed to play the style of football we are looking to play. Its not his fault, but we do need an alternative option and hopefully Wilbraham can do that role as he did last season.

Got ya. Specsavers appointment made.
As regards Calvin he may not be suited by our current style of play. Mind you the last two goals I see him score for us we’re from crosses into feet following breaks, at Slough and Wimbledon.
he is always better coming of the bench, when the centre halves have settled in to a certain style, then can struggle to adapt to him. His second half display in the 2 all draw at Southend a few years ago was a masterclass in changing the dynamic of a game by bringing the midfielders into play in the last third. However how far I go back to recall that game probably tells a tale. Plus the alternative up front then was Jo Bunney, chalk & cheese in every respect.
Think this could be Calvin’s last contract in the EFL, but he will get paid employment from football for some time yet.
As for the man, I like him. Nearly as much as his dad who is a bit of an unassuming star.
Team for tomorrow night? on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 1484 viewsdingdangblue

Team for tomorrow night? on 09:23 - Aug 28 by aleanddale

Morley MOM by a street. That lad has some talent!!

Dale hung on at the end but a win is a win and we are now safely into the round 3 draw tonight.

Pleasure to watch this Dale side very easy on the eye and an unbelievable work rate. BBM has got them right up for it - roll on Saturday!!

Last time we were in the 3rd round we got the horrendous draw of Aldershot away. Prompty got knocked out and they got Man Utd in the next round! Let's just bypass the horrendous draw part this time eh! Fingers crossed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Team for tomorrow night? on 22:27 - Aug 28 with 1246 viewsDaleiLama

Team for tomorrow night? on 21:48 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

Job done. Fingers crossed for a payday tie next round.

Thank-you.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024