Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good enough 21:50 - Jan 28 with 5086 viewsMasher

This is beyond a joke. We offered virtually nothing up front and yet again gave away yet another penalty in added on time to a team that really didnt offer much more up front than what we did. I'm so frustrated by what i have seen past couple of games. The list of excuses are now wearing thin

Up The Dale!!

Not good enough on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 5033 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Come on BBM tell it like it is......don't let Lee Riley take the flak!
Not good enough on 21:56 - Jan 28 with 4994 viewspearlstreet1

totally agree we aren'tgood enough.
Negative football week in week out.
Basically you can’t score from your own penalty area
Get a grip Murphy and sort things out.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 21:57]
Not good enough on 22:13 - Jan 28 with 4857 viewsboromat

Decent away performance for me. Rolled the dice in the end and went for 3 points, unfortunate that we came away with nothing.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Not good enough on 22:14 - Jan 28 with 4845 viewsJimmyRustler

One thing's for sure, BBM keeping us up last year was sheer damn luck and nothing else
Not good enough on 22:22 - Jan 28 with 4783 viewsfinberty

Not good enough on 22:14 - Jan 28 by JimmyRustler

One thing's for sure, BBM keeping us up last year was sheer damn luck and nothing else

Agreed. I've neither forgotten nor forgiven the pointless substitution of Wilbraham near the end of the Sunderland game last year, when he had the beating of their defenders all afternoon.

Forward came the inevitable released pressure, and into our net pinged the winning goal.

It's like pointing a gun at your own foot and pulling the trigger, is this.
Not good enough on 23:09 - Jan 28 with 4646 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Not good enough on 22:22 - Jan 28 by finberty

Agreed. I've neither forgotten nor forgiven the pointless substitution of Wilbraham near the end of the Sunderland game last year, when he had the beating of their defenders all afternoon.

Forward came the inevitable released pressure, and into our net pinged the winning goal.

It's like pointing a gun at your own foot and pulling the trigger, is this.

League 1 teams will do their homework on us and know that we throw caution to the wind and are completely incapable of battling to the end......One or more of our donkey defenders will piss about too much or put a stupid stupid tackle in and gift the opposition.
Not good enough on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 4540 viewsRAFCBLUE

Not good enough on 22:13 - Jan 28 by boromat

Decent away performance for me. Rolled the dice in the end and went for 3 points, unfortunate that we came away with nothing.

Bad management.

1-0 up at Wycombe ; lost 2-1 chasing the winner.

1-0 up tonight ; lost 2-1 chasing the winner.

We have lost the last 10 minutes 13-2 this season.

https://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england3&tid=j

Shocking for a professional team that stat

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Not good enough on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 4503 viewsdingdangblue

Not good enough on 23:38 - Jan 28 by RAFCBLUE

Bad management.

1-0 up at Wycombe ; lost 2-1 chasing the winner.

1-0 up tonight ; lost 2-1 chasing the winner.

We have lost the last 10 minutes 13-2 this season.

https://www.soccerstats.com/table.asp?league=england3&tid=j

Shocking for a professional team that stat

So weve scored the least amount of late goals in the whole division - a pathetic 2
And weve conceded the most amount of late goals - a pathetic 13

Not good.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Not good enough on 05:16 - Jan 29 with 4363 viewsaleanddale

I think our management duo are on borrowed time and if not they should be.

As bad last 3 away games as it gets. Keoghan should be nowhere near a starting place in any lg1 side.

BBM body language is shocking hands on pockets and like a statue for the whole of the game.

Skinny jeans and cool demeanour is fine when you have a side who even if lacking in skill and pace show other battling qualities. Make no bones about this Dale are are poor side. No drive no bite no passion no stomach for the dirty stuff that gets a scrappy away draw or a performance that makes you proud. Pathetic for a good few weeks now Newcastle at home the rarely seen exception.

Time to step up Brian and get the basics sorted and quickly.
Not good enough on 05:46 - Jan 29 with 4335 viewsDale23years

Not good enough on 05:16 - Jan 29 by aleanddale

I think our management duo are on borrowed time and if not they should be.

As bad last 3 away games as it gets. Keoghan should be nowhere near a starting place in any lg1 side.

BBM body language is shocking hands on pockets and like a statue for the whole of the game.

Skinny jeans and cool demeanour is fine when you have a side who even if lacking in skill and pace show other battling qualities. Make no bones about this Dale are are poor side. No drive no bite no passion no stomach for the dirty stuff that gets a scrappy away draw or a performance that makes you proud. Pathetic for a good few weeks now Newcastle at home the rarely seen exception.

Time to step up Brian and get the basics sorted and quickly.

Must be bad if you're criticising/questioning the manager.

100% agree with you through.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Not good enough on 08:53 - Jan 29 with 4093 viewsCrede_Sign0

Agree- I know it was a big pitch last night, but the front 2 seem so isolated. Miles apart from one another, and another time zone away from the attempted keep ball in our own box. MOTD made similar comments recently about Bournemouth - can’t affect a game unless you get 40 yards further forward, and start creating some chances. It makes Henderson’s goal tally more remarkable by the game.
Not good enough on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 4043 viewsDaleiLama

Not good enough on 08:53 - Jan 29 by Crede_Sign0

Agree- I know it was a big pitch last night, but the front 2 seem so isolated. Miles apart from one another, and another time zone away from the attempted keep ball in our own box. MOTD made similar comments recently about Bournemouth - can’t affect a game unless you get 40 yards further forward, and start creating some chances. It makes Henderson’s goal tally more remarkable by the game.

It would be interesting to know how many times we have to either make a defensive or goalkeeping punt up field due to mistakes/opponents pressing versus successfully playing it out. Another telling stat would be how many goals we score from playing it out versus balls won from hoofing it up field and scoring from that possession.

Not advocating a policy of hoofball, just curious to see what the numbers say.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Not good enough on 10:38 - Jan 29 with 3897 viewsborntogo

Within the squad we have just enough ability to stay up, should BBM pick the right team and deploy tactics that suit said team.

Sadly he's showing no signs of doing the above and has stuck to his failing 'plan' for months now.

I'm incredulous that anyone still believes he will create a winning team playing attacking football, which is something we all want. Other managers with similar budgets and injury lists manage it.

He might have been a decent NumberThree (behind Hill and Beech) with his obvious intelligence and diplomacy but he's clearly not management material.

I wonder about Lee Riley, too. He did not make it as a pro himself and apart from looking after junior sides, has precious little senior experience. A more seasoned assistant might have given BBM at least a fighting chance.

It's great that the Board has been bold and trusted two untried individuals but it takes another bold move to accept it's not worked and move on.
Not good enough on 11:05 - Jan 29 with 3839 viewsAtThePeake

Not good enough on 10:38 - Jan 29 by borntogo

Within the squad we have just enough ability to stay up, should BBM pick the right team and deploy tactics that suit said team.

Sadly he's showing no signs of doing the above and has stuck to his failing 'plan' for months now.

I'm incredulous that anyone still believes he will create a winning team playing attacking football, which is something we all want. Other managers with similar budgets and injury lists manage it.

He might have been a decent NumberThree (behind Hill and Beech) with his obvious intelligence and diplomacy but he's clearly not management material.

I wonder about Lee Riley, too. He did not make it as a pro himself and apart from looking after junior sides, has precious little senior experience. A more seasoned assistant might have given BBM at least a fighting chance.

It's great that the Board has been bold and trusted two untried individuals but it takes another bold move to accept it's not worked and move on.

Which other managers have created a winning side playing attacking football at our level with a similar budget and injury list? There's perhaps one in League One in Gareth Ainsworth, who in his first two seasons in charge finished 15th and 22nd in the division below and certainly hasn't had a similar injury list this season.

Tangled up in blue.

Not good enough on 11:06 - Jan 29 with 3837 viewsDareToCalvin

Why hasn't it worked? Yes results and performances have been on the whole poor again this season but I think it's unrealistic for us to expect any better; we're still 'relatively' comfortable being 7 points clear and I do expect us to stay up this season, which can be our only realistic target. Brian has also recruited well.
Not good enough on 11:15 - Jan 29 with 3806 viewsjonahwhereru

What other managers have created attacking winning teams on our sort of budget? I will give you a head start. Gareth Ainsworth who took years to achieve it, Keith Hill for a couple of seasons at this level, and Paul Buclkle who to be fair worked the oracle at Shrewsbury.
The other one that springs to mind is Chris Wilder and look where he is.
It’s a very difficult. The constantly spinning exit door is testimony to that.
Not good enough on 11:23 - Jan 29 with 3781 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

I don’t think “bold” is the word you’re looking for bornto, cheap would be more appropriate.
Not good enough on 12:11 - Jan 29 with 3684 viewsAtThePeake

Not good enough on 11:23 - Jan 29 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I don’t think “bold” is the word you’re looking for bornto, cheap would be more appropriate.

It may have been cheap but it worked out last season since, at the time he was sacked, the previous manager was already talking about accepting relegation and then BBM came in and kept us up with a game or two to spare.

Tangled up in blue.

Not good enough on 13:02 - Jan 29 with 3532 viewsrafc1977

I'm sick of all this fannying about football! I'm an advocate for mixing things up and playing a tad more subtle on occasion, but why oh why does BBM buy into this en vogue way to play?

Pep 'fu*%king's Guardiola!!! That's where all this type of thing as come from (of course he didn't invent the concept, more he had the teams & players to showcase it)

At our level and calibre of player (which we have some really decent ones) I'm convinced the best you can do is have them well motivated, well drilled, play in their best position and keep instructions clear, concise & to the point depending on the opposition.

What we are attempting & failing at is to play the 'premiership' way. It wont work for 2 simple reasons....

A, were not in the premier league
B, we dont have premier league internationals in each position

The sooner BBM gets this the better. I'm not particularly arsed about formations and the like as these often change during a match anyway. But what I would like is for us to be a lot less predictable, play to our better players strengths and mix things up.

Its getting harder to watch Rochdale than not watching. Enticing new fans after excellent recent cup runs becomes null an void when for 46 games in a season ticket they'll largely be watching a team playing their way out of the league (in the wrong direction)

I'll buy another season ticket next year, like I have since the 90's as its ingrained with me. I've suffered Steve Doyle, Paul William's, Simpkins and and and so seeing a struggle isn't unusual, what is unusual based on the majority of our recent success is that we have lost that Rochdale way right from the very top to wherever the bottom is.

I have a feeling the fans forum will be a feisty one.
Not good enough on 15:53 - Jan 29 with 3319 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Not good enough on 12:11 - Jan 29 by AtThePeake

It may have been cheap but it worked out last season since, at the time he was sacked, the previous manager was already talking about accepting relegation and then BBM came in and kept us up with a game or two to spare.

Unfortunately “cheap” seems to be an all-encompassing word associated with the club right now. The persistent failure to address long term issues with the pitch (and I’m sick and tired of Hornets getting blamed when they’ve barely had a game on it- Swinton’s friendly was cancelled), the shabby state of some areas of the ground, the constant bleating about the lack of money at a time when the club has never seen so much income.
On to BBM. His persistence in trying to play man city esque football last sat on that pitch was a huge mistake, his unwillingness to be pragmatic in the circumstances that everyone else there could see weren’t working was far more concerning. Pitches in our league are only going to get worse, not better. If the majority of fans are content to see us relegated for the sake of an experiment in lg 1 tiki-taka football then that’s fine but it wasn’t the impression I got on sat.
BBM kept us up last season because he tightened up at the back and made us hard to break down. We desperately need to revert to that approach now or I fear we’ll be in lg 2 next season.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 15:55]
Not good enough on 17:38 - Jan 29 with 3136 viewsChaffRAFC

Not good enough on 11:06 - Jan 29 by DareToCalvin

Why hasn't it worked? Yes results and performances have been on the whole poor again this season but I think it's unrealistic for us to expect any better; we're still 'relatively' comfortable being 7 points clear and I do expect us to stay up this season, which can be our only realistic target. Brian has also recruited well.

His signings on the whole have been good and I think he's doing a good job with what he has.

However...

BBM is showing signs that he's showing too much faith in the wrong players. Yes we've had a lot of injuries all season and this has crippled us at times. But, when we have a full squad available, give or take, we have to pick our best eleven.

The faith he's shown in MJ Williams and Jimmy Keohane in particular hasn't paid off. Keohane seems like a good pro but he's a back up player. Nobody even knows what his best position is, yet only Camps, MJ and O'Connell have started more games than Keohane. He's done a job but is never more than a 6/10 steady player and last night he cost us a point in a huge game. Matheson has cost us points in a similar way but he's also won us games and contributed goals and assists, Keohane hasn't!

The less said about Williams the better but he starts week in week out.

This is worrying because when I list what I see is blatantly our best eleven, neither player features.

The more annoying thing about it all is that both McLaughlin and Morley were on the bench last night. If they're fit, they play, we'll at least McLaughlin should. He's the best right back we have by a distance and we have to get as much time out of him as we possibly can in the big games and last night was huge.

This also has me worried about the summer, we saw last summer that players who should have been released on merit were offered deals. It needed us to be ruthless and we weren't and now, more than ever, we're carrying passengers like Lillis, Andrew, Williams etc. He absolutely has to be ruthless and not offer players out of contract a deal if they've not deserved it.

Not sure he had that in him. Very much hope I'm wrong.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024