Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson to.... 11:56 - Jan 31 with 22264 viewsIOMDale

Wolves. That's what Pete O'Rourke is reporting. He'll be loaned back to us as part of the deal.

Given Norwich have just signed a young right-back from Coventry which could total £3 million, we should be looking at similar for a player who's been lauded in the Nationals.

UTDNFS

Matheson to.... on 18:14 - Jan 31 with 2826 viewsblackdogblue

1 million pounds is a fooking million pounds...

I would say it’s better to have 100% of something than 100% of nothing, greed can throw it all away.

Why is it deadline day though, could have used some to strengthen the team 🤨

Pretty sure the most we have ever got for a player, his wages will rocket & great opening for him.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Matheson to.... on 18:20 - Jan 31 with 2774 viewsdingdangblue

Matheson to.... on 17:29 - Jan 31 by jonahwhereru

On the face of it a good deal all round, if the million with add ons is true. Although I have my reservations about the add ons at this stage. It could be years before we see any return on these, if any at all. That is partly why it’s a good compromise.
Great advert for our academy, and our flexibility once players have ceased the opportunity.
Great for Luke himself, thanks lad for not walking away from us and signing a first pro contract elsewhere, and leaving us with just £240k compensation.
Good for the club, that’s over 2 million alone raised from fees from acadamy players since Jamie left (not including ad ons that may still come our way). Plus well over 400 appearances for Dale from acadamy players.
Sweetcorn et al are simply more realistic than some others with player valuations. I valued him at 800k.
I wonder how many opposition managers and scouts valued Luke at 3 million plus after seeing him in the flesh. Clearly not many an no one has come in with an offer that trumps Wolves. Like a lot of instances in life a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
We did right by Luke and he did right by us. A good news story, end of.

"Like a lot of instances in life a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay."

We dont know what someone was willing to pay! We've accepted the first substantial offer 4 months into a 3 year contract!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson to.... on 18:39 - Jan 31 with 2631 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson to.... on 18:14 - Jan 31 by blackdogblue

1 million pounds is a fooking million pounds...

I would say it’s better to have 100% of something than 100% of nothing, greed can throw it all away.

Why is it deadline day though, could have used some to strengthen the team 🤨

Pretty sure the most we have ever got for a player, his wages will rocket & great opening for him.

By that logic we'd have accepted £100 for him?

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson to.... on 19:04 - Jan 31 with 2462 viewsHopwoodblue

Matheson to.... on 18:39 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

By that logic we'd have accepted £100 for him?

It’s a game of chance, every player is one bad injury away from being worth nothing.
Had we have kept Hogan for another window would we have got anything for him?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Matheson to.... on 19:13 - Jan 31 with 2374 viewsjonahwhereru

Matheson to.... on 18:20 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

"Like a lot of instances in life a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay."

We dont know what someone was willing to pay! We've accepted the first substantial offer 4 months into a 3 year contract!

The lad’s stock may never be as high as it has been in the last month. Think sky sports referenced how talk about he is. Yet only one club comes in with a bid of 1 million plus. What does that suggest to you. May be all the other clubs have made a mistake, or may be many in the prem have full backs under 20 years old that they feel are already at the same level as Luke.
Only one decent bite for Luke when he has barely been out of the sports headlines tells a story.
The script for that story depends on your view. That’s what football is all about.
Matheson to.... on 19:19 - Jan 31 with 2322 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Matheson to.... on 19:04 - Jan 31 by Hopwoodblue

It’s a game of chance, every player is one bad injury away from being worth nothing.
Had we have kept Hogan for another window would we have got anything for him?

I personally think it’s a fair deal, assuming we have substantial add ons.

He will have the benefits of developing at a better club with better facilities, that in turn should help him develop better and enhance any add ons we have, if he does not make it he will be on a good wage and we have a good fee for a player with massive potential.

The other thing to consider is that he is essentially a young attacking defender in a team that is poor defensively in general, his abilities in this team are, whilst noticeable, not usually going to be game winning, he is not a striker with 20 goals winning is games alone.

I would not be surprised at all if he is back next season on loan, it may have been discussed already with wolves as his studies are clearly important.

Good luck to him, comes across incredibly grounded and he deserves every success he earns!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matheson to.... on 19:27 - Jan 31 with 2256 viewspioneer

Matheson to.... on 15:30 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

League 1 Transfer records (Top 100)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/GB3/saison
[Post edited 31 Jan 2020 15:47]

If we look at Crewe, a club in a similar financial level as us, who took a decision to invest in youth development, and is often cited as a model we have followed, they were getting much larger fees for their youngsters over a decade ago.

We are not selling a full back, we are selling, and the big clubs are seeing a young talent who has the potential to develop into an elite footballer. Gareth Bale played full back for Southampton in his early years. Several on here have already said his skill set on show this season mark himout as a potential midfielder.
Matheson to.... on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 2225 viewsboromat

How is this still not official!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Matheson to.... on 19:33 - Jan 31 with 2186 viewsboromat

Matheson to.... on 19:30 - Jan 31 by boromat

Right on queue the club tweet 🤣

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matheson to.... on 19:37 - Jan 31 with 2135 viewsDaley_Lama

Matheson to.... on 19:33 - Jan 31 by boromat

Right on queue the club tweet 🤣

Happy Undisclosed Day.

Poll: DF in or out

Matheson to.... on 19:50 - Jan 31 with 1995 viewsKenBoon

£1m is an absolute steal. If that’s the best we could negotiate then get better negotiators.
Four massive windfalls for the club this season. The transfer fees far below expectations, but still massive windfalls.
Matheson to.... on 19:52 - Jan 31 with 1984 viewsShun

Matheson to.... on 19:30 - Jan 31 by boromat

It is now.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/lukemathesonjoinswolves/
Matheson to.... on 20:10 - Jan 31 with 1848 viewsShun

Matheson to.... on 15:32 - Jan 31 by Toffeemanc

Thanks Shun ,
I now have a mental image in my mind of DB in the said Leia costume looking a lot more like Jabba than Leia sat in our boardroom negotiating our transfers.

You know it’s happening.
Matheson to.... on 20:15 - Jan 31 with 1805 viewsfrenzied

Interesting that Wolves don’t see him as a right back...

Great opportunity for the lad.
Matheson to.... on 20:16 - Jan 31 with 1783 viewskiwidale

Not that it matters but my opinion is one million upfront with more to come is great business for a 17yr old who has yet to compete physically at senior level. It is the highest upfront fee we have ever received also its an insult to suggest the club is naive in transfer dealings lets wait and see what the add-ons are before castigating the negotiators.

This is not the time for bickering.

Matheson to.... on 20:17 - Jan 31 with 1771 viewssince58

Matheson to.... on 19:50 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

£1m is an absolute steal. If that’s the best we could negotiate then get better negotiators.
Four massive windfalls for the club this season. The transfer fees far below expectations, but still massive windfalls.

If true pants pulled downed fooked over and pants pulled up before they even knew. ffs.
Matheson to.... on 20:20 - Jan 31 with 1738 viewsdalenumber2

Well done Luke, delighted for him. A great advert for our academy. I look forward to seeing him go on to great things, maybe even wearing an England shirt. It's definitely our loss but we can't expect to keep hold of a talent like him. As we don't officially know the fee, I don't think we should be debating the rumours.
Matheson to.... on 20:22 - Jan 31 with 1720 viewsKenBoon

Matheson to.... on 20:16 - Jan 31 by kiwidale

Not that it matters but my opinion is one million upfront with more to come is great business for a 17yr old who has yet to compete physically at senior level. It is the highest upfront fee we have ever received also its an insult to suggest the club is naive in transfer dealings lets wait and see what the add-ons are before castigating the negotiators.

We’re an established league one club with no need to sell. Does anyone seriously think other clubs at our level such as Peterborough would only have gotten £1m? Such is the hype nature of football, his cup performances and media appearances this season (all excellent) should have been worth £1m alone.
Matheson to.... on 20:26 - Jan 31 with 1682 viewsdale1968

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Matheson to.... on 20:28 - Jan 31 with 1657 viewskiwidale

Matheson to.... on 20:22 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

We’re an established league one club with no need to sell. Does anyone seriously think other clubs at our level such as Peterborough would only have gotten £1m? Such is the hype nature of football, his cup performances and media appearances this season (all excellent) should have been worth £1m alone.

Its all about opinions Ken mine can be easily ignored.

Matheson to.... on 20:35 - Jan 31 with 1603 viewsAtThePeake

I'm really struggling with this idea that "it's the biggest ever fee we've received so let's be happy about it."

It's irrelevant what other players in the past went for, it's about how much Luke is worth. If the next Messi came through our youth academy, would we be happy selling him for £1.5m because it would be more than we'd ever received for a player?

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson to.... on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 1556 viewskiwidale

Matheson to.... on 20:35 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

I'm really struggling with this idea that "it's the biggest ever fee we've received so let's be happy about it."

It's irrelevant what other players in the past went for, it's about how much Luke is worth. If the next Messi came through our youth academy, would we be happy selling him for £1.5m because it would be more than we'd ever received for a player?

serious question ATP how much was Kevin Townson worth when he bagged 17 goals as a 17 yr old.

Matheson to.... on 20:47 - Jan 31 with 1499 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson to.... on 20:41 - Jan 31 by kiwidale

serious question ATP how much was Kevin Townson worth when he bagged 17 goals as a 17 yr old.

I'm not sure, but it was 19 years ago. The world record transfer fee has quadrupled in that time. Had he done that in the current market he would be worth well over £1m.

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson to.... on 20:50 - Jan 31 with 1482 viewsdalenumber2

Matheson to.... on 20:22 - Jan 31 by KenBoon

Do you know that was the exact fee we will be receiving or are you speculating?
Matheson to.... on 20:53 - Jan 31 with 1454 viewsKenBoon

Matheson to.... on 20:50 - Jan 31 by dalenumber2

Do you know that was the exact fee we will be receiving or are you speculating?

BBC, Sky Sports and other media outlets are reporting it as £1m.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024