Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) 09:17 - Feb 28 with 14175 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52071/match-preview-portsmo

Played For Both: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52065/played-for-both-ports

Refwatch: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52067/refwatch-portsmouth-v

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:29 - Feb 28 with 2764 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:23 - Feb 28 by Nigeriamark

Free header for Done from a great cross from Keohane. Put it straight at the keeper who pushed it over. A downward header or either side of the keeper & a certain goal. Against the run of play TBH as they had stepped up. 15 minutes left to nick one

Calvin on for MJW

Lund it was with the header.

Gutting to be 2 down deserve a point from this performance. Hope we can at least knick a goal.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:30 - Feb 28 with 2743 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:25 - Feb 28 by Shun

Gutting. We don’t deserve that.

Difference in class up front. Done misses a good chance that I think he should have scored and 2 minutes later they put the game to bed. They deserve the 3 points but we have put in a decent effort against a team unbeaten at home

And just as I type it is 3-0
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:30 - Feb 28 with 2739 viewsSuddenLad

3-0

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:31 - Feb 28 with 2725 viewsrichfoad32

Maybe clutching at straws but the ball looked like it went well out of play for a throw in to me, just before their second. Gutted, we were well in the game still.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:31 - Feb 28 with 2720 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:30 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

3-0

Relegation

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:31 - Feb 28 with 2693 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:30 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

3-0

I think that was from their 37th cross of the game
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:38 - Feb 28 with 2510 viewsSuddenLad

FT 3-0

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:40 - Feb 28 with 2466 viewsFrog

52% possession, no end product.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 2434 viewsKenBoon

Portsmouth never got started tonight and still easily beat us. Those are the sort of games where the underdog turns up and gets a shock win (Like us against Rotherham United). Relegation has to be a serious concern now. Tranmere have a good postponement tomorrow because Fleetwood are flying right now.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 2429 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:30 - Feb 28 by Nigeriamark

Difference in class up front. Done misses a good chance that I think he should have scored and 2 minutes later they put the game to bed. They deserve the 3 points but we have put in a decent effort against a team unbeaten at home

And just as I type it is 3-0

Lund missed the header.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 2426 viewsShun

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:31 - Feb 28 by rochdaleriddler

Relegation

No.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 2423 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:38 - Feb 28 by SuddenLad

FT 3-0

They deserved it but some decent performances by Dale. Wilbraham needs to start up front if fit because he held it up well and brought players into it leading to a reasonable number of chances

Sanches and the central defenders did we'll as they put in about 40 crosses. Keohane had a decent game when he came on. The other 2 subs offered nothing

Expected result against a strong team & another tough game at home to Rotheram. Tranmere have 3 games to our 1 coming up & hopefully they will not get more than 3 points
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 with 2419 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:40 - Feb 28 by Frog

52% possession, no end product.

But at least we had several opportunities and very good ones at that. That's an improvement on recent games. The next step is to start putting them away.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:43 - Feb 28 with 2401 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Lund missed the header.

Correct. He should have scored too !!
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:44 - Feb 28 with 2363 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 by Shun

No.

Yep

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:45 - Feb 28 with 2322 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:29 - Feb 28 by boromat

Lund it was with the header.

Gutting to be 2 down deserve a point from this performance. Hope we can at least knick a goal.

Portsmouth player offside stood infront of Sanchez.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:45 - Feb 28 with 2320 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:42 - Feb 28 by Nigeriamark

They deserved it but some decent performances by Dale. Wilbraham needs to start up front if fit because he held it up well and brought players into it leading to a reasonable number of chances

Sanches and the central defenders did we'll as they put in about 40 crosses. Keohane had a decent game when he came on. The other 2 subs offered nothing

Expected result against a strong team & another tough game at home to Rotheram. Tranmere have 3 games to our 1 coming up & hopefully they will not get more than 3 points

Decent performance but lost 3-0! God help is with a poor one

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:49 - Feb 28 with 2245 viewsDalenet

Happier with our approach to this game. They were trying to put us under pressure quickly but we stopped tippy tappy across the box and hallelujah we had plenty of possession in the attacking half for a change. We still can't take our chances and against a decent team you are punished. But much better than the bore of a game last weekend
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:00 - Feb 28 with 2141 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:45 - Feb 28 by dingdangblue

Portsmouth player offside stood infront of Sanchez.

Hows that not blocking his view of the shot?!!
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:07 - Feb 28 with 2064 viewsShun

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:44 - Feb 28 by rochdaleriddler

Yep

I’m not even slightly worried.

-We’ve proved all season that we’re better than Wimbledon and Tranmere, and they’re both below us in the form table.

-We always lose at Portsmouth, even when we were good and they were rubbish we were getting beat 3-0 down there, it’s just one of those grounds for us now.

-We’ve just played 3 of the top 5, with first place coming up next game. Not many teams will have to face a run of consecutive teams that difficult. After next week we have a run of much more winnable games coming up, and it should be noted that our record against bottom-half teams is really good.

It’s a depressing season, no doubt about that, but I’m not even considering relegation.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:21 - Feb 28 with 1997 viewsmilnrowblue

We’ve lost to 2nd in the league, now 3rd in the league and on Saturday will lose your top of the league. Absolutely unreal that fans are calling for BBMs head.

I love Hendo unfathomable amounts, but please tell me during 90 minutes what he does for us that 3 young players wouldn’t do for us.

We’re safe this season, but that’s why we need to be looking at next.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:24 - Feb 28 with 1979 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:21 - Feb 28 by milnrowblue

We’ve lost to 2nd in the league, now 3rd in the league and on Saturday will lose your top of the league. Absolutely unreal that fans are calling for BBMs head.

I love Hendo unfathomable amounts, but please tell me during 90 minutes what he does for us that 3 young players wouldn’t do for us.

We’re safe this season, but that’s why we need to be looking at next.

Scores regularly and ridiculously consistent season upon season doing so?
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:30 - Feb 28 with 1932 viewsjonahwhereru

The doom merchants can fill their boots on relegation
Betfair are 23/10 Rochdale
But
1/7 Tranmere
Just goes to show how it is only shrewd Rochdale fans can see the value.
Offering 1/7 about Tranmere they clearly know nothing about football or odds compiling. can’t they see Tranmere are about to go on a points gathering spree.
actually they are just being realistic, Tranmere still have a mountain to climb. Regardless of what us and Wimbledon do.
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:37 - Feb 28 with 1893 viewsScunnydale

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 21:49 - Feb 28 by Dalenet

Happier with our approach to this game. They were trying to put us under pressure quickly but we stopped tippy tappy across the box and hallelujah we had plenty of possession in the attacking half for a change. We still can't take our chances and against a decent team you are punished. But much better than the bore of a game last weekend

I was only following on BBC text but it seemed to confirm what you're saying. I, too, am pleased with this approach - despite the result. I just wish we had adopted it for some much more winnable games.

It sounds like we fluffed a few chances. Tongue in cheek a bit, but what chance our strikers are a bit ring-rusty?
Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:49 - Feb 28 with 1817 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Portsmouth (A) on 22:00 - Feb 28 by nordenblue

Hows that not blocking his view of the shot?!!

Cant believe no one even appealed? The Pompey player is inside the 6 yard box.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024